Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
WHERE'D EVERYONE FREAK'N GO !?!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whatever
View Results

Iakun

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:14 pm
The problem with showing people a better way of life and perspective is that it almost means nothing if those people don't have the desire to change, explore, and better themselves to begin with. I've done this same thing with my sister: criticize her tastes, suggest better things, different perspectives etc etc.

While there might be some merit to our intentions or efforts, you have to admit our egos play a role in this as well. I won't even go into how subjective a "better way of life" can be.

If we don't appear to be perfect, then those we're trying to better (in our view) will be less inclined to take us seriously as well.

edit: Sorry, I feel like I'm preaching or something. But I'm just sharing my views.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:45 am
I'll admit that "better" is subjective. But what if someone knows that they could improve and refuses to do so on point of principle or sheer laziness?  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Iakun

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:32 pm
I think most people would explore and change if given the resources (where needed).

The only improvements I personally care about in others is that people grow to be more understanding and empathetic. Everything else is just material and doesn't matter nearly as much to me.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:49 am
Purple:
Word removed.
And actually I've never even said that in my hentai forrums.
Sorry, I was just upset.
(How can I give sympathy if you hardly ever tell me anything)

Ah, tha magic words "sans testing"
Something which most doctors push for just to squeeze more money out of you.
I and if a doctor did say that something was wrong but he'd want to run tests just to make sure. I wouldn't have the money for it right then. The wait till I had money would kill me from worry.
(stupid doctors)

But could they every truly understand the emotional concern?
(knowing the physical reactions isn't the same as knowing how it feels)

Iakun:
"it's so much easier to advise others than it is to police ourselves"
(I agree as well)

"you have to admit our egos play a role in this as well"
(I always felt that purple was trying just a little too hard)

"Everything else is just material and doesn't matter nearly as much"
(thank you)  

xwhateverxdudex

Iakun

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:16 am
When I had my issue he gave me a simple physical examination of the area and also set up an appointment for an ultrasound exam. I guess for americans that would cost an assload...  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:21 pm
Dude, the last time I tried to tell you about a problem I was having, you didn't even listen to what I said. Just saying.

Everyone understands pain. But if you're concerned mainly about emotional stuff or even individual physical sensations, that's something NO ONE could share. Everyone is physically different, inside and out, regardless of race, gender, or age. If you're gonna be that picky about it, yeah, you're on your own. So are we all.

Trying too hard at what? Getting a point across? Expressing a different perspective? Excuse me for caring.

As for the "everything else is just material" quote, you take it out of context if you don't include the first part: "grow to be more understanding and empathetic." That's my goal too.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

NeverMore42_6_6_6

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:22 am
Ummmm... I get on this forum to see what's going on and the last post is Purple ranting on about some crazy s**t... Anyone mind explaining how we got so remotely off topic? And btw, it's because everyone left to play WoW. I was on and my game was so freaking slow because of all the players on, and that is hard to do. Well, besides a place called Dalaran anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am
Iakun:
Yeah, everything IS WAY expensive here.

Purple:
In that case I appologize.

Actually when I said "trying to hard" I was thinking of all the foods you always used to want me to try.

Raven:
Personal illnesses and can anyone trully help.
(and topics change very quickly)  

xwhateverxdudex

NeverMore42_6_6_6

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:33 am
Too true. But I don't normally get on any other site besides this one, facebook, and WoW, so I don't know much about any other sites. lol.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:02 pm
I don't get on alot of sites anymore either.

Just one mainly.
And it's not even gaia.
Gaia is nothing more then an "if I feel like it" site now.  

xwhateverxdudex

NeverMore42_6_6_6

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:05 pm
Wow, really? You seem to be on here alot. neutral  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:48 pm
What? IF I FEEL LIKE IT? gonk Dude I thought you loved me! *cries and runs through walls*  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:25 pm
NeverMoreRavin_6_6_6
Wow, really? You seem to be on here alot. neutral

One a day is not alot to me.
I check my main site, 10+ times a day.
(and no, it's not facebook either)

Iakun
What? IF I FEEL LIKE IT? gonk Dude I thought you loved me! *cries and runs through walls*

*teleports you back*
Ah, don't cry little iakun.
*pats head*

I like gaia, don't get me wrong.
But my main site, allows for hentai pics ^.^  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:27 pm
Geez and I thought I was horny. You make sure your main site is a hentai one. lulz  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:32 pm
Oh heck, yeah.

It has an entire hentai forrum section.

This section alone holds about half of ALL the pictures and posts on the entire site.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff