Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Coming out as an atheist Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dissnitive Blade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:23 pm
My parents threw a fit, you know, typical shouting and telling me that I'm to young to know -15 by the way- I tried to explain why I don't believe, but they still seem to be in some sort of denial. They still force me to church and shove bible teachings into my throat, not to mention making me go to this weird group of evangelist meeting that honestly weird me out.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:48 am
heh my parents are atheists (and they both are, lucky me).

but i have a story, an aunt at my mom's side and her family are christians.
so one night we went over for dinner, and we were hanging out with the 1 year-old baby, then I think I probably said something (i forgot) and they reacted with, "Don't say that, if you do Jesus will send you to hell after you died." And i was like, "I don't believe in god." (sort of with that face of "DUH" expression) And they were like, "........." they just plain stared at me, like "unbelievable!" and "Why are you here!!" kind of glares. and my mom was like, "shhhhh. priscilla, u wanna get killed?" (lolx jk she never said that, she just shushed me). and they turned into the kitchen slowly sort of like, "okkkk.... we better get away from this freaky 14-yr-old girl before she burns us." LOLX  

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:02 am
Priscilla, eh?

I demand to know what you look like. Post something in the pictures subforum please. If you're taking a new pic, make sure you have the same face as when you gave them during your "Duh, I don't believe in God," moment.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:19 pm
Here I was thinking my mom just took my rationality for granted (seeing as it's obvious I'm so brilliant and all) and a mailer from the American Atheists Society leads her to flip the ******** out. Whatever. She's stupid.  

hachimitsugirl

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:07 pm
Theophrastus
Priscilla, eh?

I demand to know what you look like. Post something in the pictures subforum please. If you're taking a new pic, make sure you have the same face as when you gave them during your "Duh, I don't believe in God," moment.

ok i posted a reply in this guild's random subforum.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff