Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Do you speak chinese? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bury Michigan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:10 pm
Mandarin, Toisan, and Cantonese. Only a little bit of each.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:02 pm
Me speak and write mandarin that's it~~  

[.Higan Bana.]

killedvictim10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:17 pm
I speak Cantonese, but I'm trying to learn Mandarin mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:18 pm
Liambiam
I know a little Cantonese and can understand people talking in Cantonese. I don't understand Chinese writing or Mandarin though. crying

Hhmm, I think I've posted here.. but yeah I speak Cantonese, but I'm so terrible at it. The thing I really want to be able to do is to insult people with it, but I can't. I always here jokes on the chinese tvb shows, and they're usually referencing back to famous historical names and all that.. do most chinese do that?
anyways, At home, my parents speak with there own different chinese dialect,and and well at times, I mix that annnd cantonese up, so that's quite embaressing redface at school there are exchange students from Hong Kong in my japanese class,and I try my hardest to speak chinese, but i always end up speaking eng to them. *sighs*
sweatdrop  

hip2b^2

Tokioka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:46 am
Yasuragi-chan
Liambiam
I know a little Cantonese and can understand people talking in Cantonese. I don't understand Chinese writing or Mandarin though. crying

Hhmm, I think I've posted here.. but yeah I speak Cantonese, but I'm so terrible at it. The thing I really want to be able to do is to insult people with it, but I can't. I always here jokes on the chinese tvb shows, and they're usually referencing back to famous historical names and all that.. do most chinese do that?
anyways, At home, my parents speak with there own different chinese dialect,and and well at times, I mix that annnd cantonese up, so that's quite embaressing redface at school there are exchange students from Hong Kong in my japanese class,and I try my hardest to speak chinese, but i always end up speaking eng to them. *sighs*
sweatdrop
Awwwwww 3nodding You're just like the 'kitten' that never gives up, but never gets any closer to her goal... awwww

(I say kitten, but it might be a puppy or something... but a kitten's cute enough right?) wink  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:31 pm
Crap. I have a Chinese exam today and I'm gonna fail. gonk  

K i m m e h

cutebunnyyt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:51 pm
i speak Mandarin 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:47 pm
I can speak Cantonese....well sort of....Im learning...What do you expect being American born??!??! ANyway
Lay-ho every1  

The_Monkey_King65

blumage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:23 am
Chinese??? whats that??
xp just joking,
im only half and i've never tried to learn chinese since last summer...
i found it hard...I reallized that i can't have a real talk with my grand mom who lives in hk...she only speaks cantonese and knows no english, I think i can understand more putonghua than cantonese...hehe thats because of my friend who taught me so many things...
THnX FElix  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:20 pm
I understand it but I can't really speak it.

With the exceptions of food, greetings, etc. because I obviously gotta know those x]

xoCrow

Darek Khort

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:25 pm
I can't read or write Chinese, but I can speak and understand Shanghainese to an adequate amount, and a really tiny bit of Mandarin.

Since I'm used to speaking Shanghainese, Mandarin sounds all high-feluting, as though everybody who speaks Mandarin are from some royal family who can't speak in slang or anything.
So yea.

I do want to learn Mandarin, but it gets really difficult. It is almost a sophisticated, posh, slow-motion of Shanghainese.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:56 pm
I can speak and understand mandarin and i can write chinese i also know tibeten and cantonese. yay! go me 4laugh But i should since i was born there.  

Riuna

kt_jingle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:51 pm
Kimiko-ue
i know mandarin and the fujian dialect whee

me too!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:40 pm
Mandarin baby- though with a bit of Shen Yang dialect influence.

It's cuz my dad's side came from those snooby land-lord types.  

EnoughisEnoughisEnough

Riku Haradaa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:38 am
Liambiam
thats pretty much what i can do  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces