Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Hard to Handle Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:40 pm
She gave him a soft smile, then gesture him to follow as she stepped into the hall and lead the way into the kitchen, where Evan was cooking over the stove and Alex was sitting cross legged at the counter. They looked over as the two joined them.

"You look a little less like sad wet puppies now." Alex. "You two have good timing at least, dinner will be done pretty soon."

"I guess that is good timing, Right now I think we would rather get into dry clothes, Evan?"Rosie startled leaning on the counter next to Alex.

"Hmm" He hummed glancing over to her.

"Can we borrow some of your clothes for the night? I'm inviting Luke to stay over since the weathers so bad, but we don't have anything for him to change."

Evan looked over at Luke "yeah sure," He glanced the boy over "might be a bit big on you."

"Oh... should we ask Rodn-" Rosie started, only to be cut off by Evan again

"No way! unless you want to get stuck in Polo shirts and dress pants." He spoke to Luke with a tilt of his head "Somehow I don't see you pulling that off, Rodney can barely do it"

There was a call from upstairs "Jerk!"

"NERD!"

Alex giggled.

"Go ahead and grab whatever Rosie," Evan nodded to Luke, and gestured them up the stairs.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:06 pm
It was peculiar and interesting to watch the dynamic of interaction between people who were distant and unfamiliar to him but normal parts of life for Rosie. He listened passively, unable to find words even when addressed - though a rebuttal from someone unseen saved him from forcing an unnatural response. He at least managed voice enough to give thanks in return for the hospitality, awaiting Rosie's lead.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:21 pm
Alex reached to touch Rosie's arm before she left, with an expression of just remembering something. "I'll make sure the dryer is empty for you guys."

"You don't have to, I can change it out later if I need to." Rosie offered, but was just met with a wave of Alex's hand and the girl getting up to leave the room.

"Thank you!" Rosie called after her.

Rosie lead Luke back into the hall, that continued down to a flight of carpeted steps that lead to the second story.
For the most part it was a well kept home, decorated with a subtle comfort that gave it a welcoming and relaxing feel, like any home should have, as well as pictures scattered along the walls of what would most likely be of family.
Though there were also framed posters of bands, and what looked like collectable and signed records. Bruce was a DJ, and he seemed to be proud to display it.

By the stop of the steps Rosie crossed along a line of doors toward one that she entered, This one was decorated in sports posters and trophies. it had a bit more of a messy look to it, the bed sheets laying askew, and a jersey draped over the back of a computer chair.

Leaving her bag in the hallway, Rosie crossed to the dresser, opening the drawers and searched a couple of seconds.
"Looks like you're going to be looking like a sports fan for tonight." Rosie pointed out, as most of the shirts she was looking through were jerseys of some kind.
Picking out a t-shirt, and a pare of pants, Rosie bumped the drawer closed and held out the clothes to Luke. "These okay?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:44 pm
Luke watched the scenery in curiosity as they moved, his focus lingering especially on photographs. The concept of a normal home had always seemed to him so idealistic that it had seemed an impossible fantasy, but here was one - in spite of the fact that, to his understanding, the circumstances of the occupying family fell outside the range of what might be called standard. It was an odd setting, but it felt somehow comfortable.

He lingered in the doorway as Rosie searched, responding to her comment with a light laugh, "Well, that would be different." He raised his hands to accept the bundled she offered, nodding. "Yeah, this is fine. Thanks."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:13 am
Many of the faces in the picture were the same, indicating that the family was not exactly large. Many of them were the family members and their various hobbies, and fairly recent, by a few years give or take, at first appearances anyway.

A soft, short giggle followed. "Evan loves his sports." She commented. Though fondly, She was happy that her cousin had something he could be passionate about.
Stepping out of her cousin's room, closing the door behind her, she pointed down the hall. "You can use the bathroom, its just that door over there."

She pointed to another room down the hall "I'll just be in that room over there, when you're done."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:34 pm
He nodded to demonstrate understanding of the instruction, following her gesture to the indicated room. The uncomfortable fabric was replaced with dry clothing - which was vastly preferable regardless of its poor sizing. He spared a moment to wring the worst of the water from his soaked shirt, pushing away the persistent feeling that he was somehow out of place and returning to the room that Rosie had earlier pointed out.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:36 pm
She paused to think if he would need anything else, before she smiled and they parted ways for a short time.

By the time he was finished and returned to the hallway, Rosie had opened her door,
Music was playing from it, though turned down to a respectful volume.

Grateful to be in not only dry clothes, but comfortable clothes. though her hair was still wet, she had changed into a tank top and pajama pants.
keeping her focus on the music as she shifted through the contents of her bag, to make sure that the items within were not damaged.
Thankfully the bag was built for the kind of outdoor weather, so everything inside looked safe.

"Raaai" Kiss Kiss signed, flopping face down in Rosie's bed next to Vahy'n who sat, watching her young blond girl with quiet, concerned eyes.

"Okay..." Rosie breathed, putting her hands on her hips before turning to pick up the hamper she had thrown her wet outfit in. Turning to start out into the hall where she stopped Luke.
"Does it fit alright?" They did look pretty big, but hopefully it wasn't uncomfortable.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:56 pm
He met Rosie partway, stopping as she spoke to him. "Yeah," he said, a softness to his expression. "Well, 'fit'… It'll be fine for today, though." He wasn't above tolerating loose clothing.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:05 pm
She made a light amused noise, smiling "Well, it looks like its comfortable at very least." holding the basket out to indicate that he could put his clothes in it.
"When the weather is like this, its just better to able to be comfortable and warm. Thats why winter can be so nice too~" She shrugged her shoulders, slightly.

"I'll go run this downstairs. You can wait up here if you like, just make yourself at home. That inclines the MP3" She pointed out arching her eyebrows and pointing to the player on her stand "You've got free reign on it."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:48 pm
He nodded in confirmation, adding the damp clothing to the offered hamper. He gave an "okay" in response to her invitation, lingering until she departed before venturing into the room, giving greeting to the pokemon within as he did so. Though he had all intent to take the suggestion of having a look at the mp3 player, even if only to browse out of curiosity, he was easily distracted by the room itself. It was an interesting concept: the place that she returned to on a daily basis, that she had presumably decorated to her own tastes, that was likely a sanctuary for all kinds of thoughts and feelings.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:48 pm
The sound of footsteps through out the house, doors opening and the sound of conversation drifted from the downstairs, toned down slightly by the music in Rosie's room.
The Pokemon that she had around the room greeted back at him, Kiss Kiss, hopping off the bed excitedly to pounce over to him rubbing against his leg.

Rosie's belongings were kept generally neat around her room, her gear and dex, the box that she kept her three badges in displayed by her shelves.
Though the majority of the room looked like it would belong more to a young pre-teen then a practically adult women. A time when Dancing and music was of a great focus, as was shown through posters, paintings and pictures of ballerinas and laced up slippers, as well as a various mix of bands, one of which was unsurprisingly from "LIGHTS"
Pink was certainly a prevalent color in the room as well, though oddly enough, not overwhelmingly so.

A lap hard sat against the wall by her nightstand, along with a messy pile of sheet music spilling out of the open case. Ontop of the night stand was a picture sat next to a poke-gear and Dex charging station, and one that allowed wireless link to the laptop that sit closed on her desk.
Though clearly the most out of place item in the room would have to be two swords that Luke would easily recognize laying carefully against one of the book shelves.

It wasn't too long before light footsteps could be heard coming up stairs again.Vahy'n hopping off the bed to meet Rosie as the door, "Hi Poke'mama" Rosie greeted, having stepped in from the hallway with a couple of mugs in her hand.
Crouching down to kiss Vahy'n on the nose.

"Evan made some tea for us." Rosie offered, holding a mug out as she stood back up, her eyes finding Luke once more.

It was odd seeing him in here, Exciting! She liked that she got this opportunity to share a bit of her world with her friend, though her room was a bit embarrassing, she had not redecorated since the had moved in, when she was twelve. But it still seemed to new and out of place.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:46 pm
Luke reached a hand down to the Raichu's head as he took in the details of the room. Though much of it looked as if it probably hearkened back to younger days, it was all very characteristic of Rosie: pokemon, music, and pink. It was satisfyingly similar to what he could have imagined, and honestly rather adorable. Though the rapier alone wasn't too far outside of the theme, he felt kind of bad for leaving Asch's black scabbard to intrude on the atmosphere for so long. He was stirred from his observations by the sound of someone's approach, turning to see Rosie as she returned and accepting the mug that was held to him, "Thanks." Though his words remained few and far between, the plain terror and anxiety that he had earlier worn had thawed, his overall disposition notably calmer than it had been in the bookstore - likely due at least in part to the number of distractions he had had to confront since then.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:04 pm
A gentle smile when he thanked her. Holding her mug in both hands, to warm her fingers.
"... So... Uh, I guess this is the first time you've met my family." She commented. "I thought maybe we can settle in up here for a while, and if you wanted to have dinner, you're welcome too... I know there is a lot of us, and once Uncle Bruce gets home." she smiled softly "He can be pretty loud sometimes, but he's fun."

Taking a seat on the ground next to her Pokemon that hopped over to her.
"And feel free to let your pokemon out if you want to!"
She added, sounding a little flustered, it had been a long day, this was Luke's first time being a guest in her house, she didn't want him to feel uncomfortable, he already had enough to be upset about.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:22 pm
As she sat, he moved almost on reflex to sit beside her, enjoying the aroma the tea produced. "That'd be nice, I think," he said. "My home was always kind of… you know," he was certain that he didn't need to go to the trouble of getting into detail for her to understand the sentiment, "so it's all really interesting." Novelty aside, it was also interesting to have exposure to some of the things comprising Rosie's life that he hadn't seen before.

At the invitation to release his pokemon, he spared a moment's thought before letting out Mieu, not wanting to overrun the room but knowing that the Flareon always enjoyed Rosie's company. True to form, the teal eeveelution took stock of his surroundings before giving a cooing greeting to the room's occupants.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:07 pm
She looked over at Luke as he sat down, by her, promptly receiving a Raichu draped over his lap. She seemed very excited that Luke was over at their house, and he was even wearing Evan's clothes! That was great, this was fun!
Vany'n cooed at her gently, while the elegant water type slipped up next to Rosie instead and delectably lowered herself beside the trainers, tail curling around her body as her paws crossed.

Rosie smiled, lifting the mug to her lips and lowering her gaze to the carpet, letting a hand reach up to play with her still wet hair. Listening to Luke start about his own home.
"I can see how it might be different, from what you've told me." she admitted quietly.

Lifting her eyes up from the floor they were sharing, toward him with a grin and a slight tilt of her head "We are an interesting family, definitely not traditional, though I guess we've never been." Her smile grew "But that's okay, I love them. And really, I'm glad you get to meet them."
There were important people in Rosie's life, people that not only helped her through her life, and the trials that came with it as she grew up, but the challenges of the lifestyle she had chosen, and the dangers and heartache that came with it, Luke, her family, her pokemon, her friends, they all had a part to play in it, so the fact that she had pieces of her life that had for so long been separated now being able to meet, and spend a night under one roof, there was something beautiful, and comforting about that.
With Seraphine in the hospital, Rosie knew a piece was missing, but Rosie was sure it wouldn't be for long, she would be okay. She was already a part of this family.

Rosie pushed herself up to her knees, reaching out to her desk to pull off a small remote, replacing the empty spot with her mug while Luke let Mieu out.
At the greeting from the Flareon Rosie smiled at him, "Mieu!" She greeted, holding her arms open toward him "Hey sweety!"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff