Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Wanderlust (Marina Elemento x Kiyiya Sakura) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:09 pm
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle looked into his eyes, unsure what to say. Her mouth dropped open a little bit at the thought of something that terrible happening in this city. How many people were killed? Who would do such a thing? She got on the bike with Rust, but her mind still filled with questions, unable to filter out the horrifying ones. As they drove down the street, Estelle began to feel very uneasy. She turned her head to look at the buildings they passed, all the rubble and destruction that was left. Something flickered beyond the glass of the windows, making Estelle suck in a breath. Her grip around Rust's torso tightened slightly in fear. She wanted to open her mouth and say something, but at the same time she thought it best to keep quiet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:32 pm
Kaine(Rust) Parker

User Image

Rust did his best to try and keep calm, as he drove, but when he felt Estelle grip him tighter, he winced as she squeezed his bruises. She saw them too, they were being watched. He sped up, wanting to get away from the chilling feeling.

It seemed like forever, but they finally reached the docks. Rust slowed down, but did not stop. He looked around to see if the eyes were here too, but he did not see anything. He found a garage that looked like it would be easy to lock up and rolled up to it.
"Stay here, I'm going to check it out." he told Estelle. He went to the door and looked in through the little window by the frame. The place looked deserted, so he tried the handle. Locked. "Hmm," He went to the garage door and tried to lift it. It was heavy, but it budged. "Hey Estelle, gimme a hand?" he grunted.

Player Advisor

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:37 pm
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle nodded and obeyed, staying put where she was. She watched him try and get into the garage, but continuously glanced behind and around her, still feeling a bit uneasy. She hoped they could just get what they needed and get out as fast as possible. Estelle snapped out of her nervousness when he requested her assistance and rushed to his side. She bent her knees and attempted to lift up the door alongside Rust. It was rather tough, but together they managed to make it move.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:01 pm
Kaine(Rust) Parker

User Image

"Good job," he told his friend as they got the garage door to open. He ran back to the bike and pushed it inside. He leaned it up against a wall and went back to close the door. He looked around outside first, very thoroughly. He did not see anything to be alarmed about, but the feeling was still there. "Whoo, that is one heavy door." he said as he closed it. "We should be safe in here for the time being." He went over to check what was in the garage. "Well, it looks like we have all the tools we need to work on the bike, but I don't have the parts." he thought as he looked around. "I don't even know exactly what I need... Hmm." the gears in his head began to click and whirl as he looked at the bike and it's components. He spotted blueprint paper and grabbed it, sitting down cross legged by the bike.

It began again, his humming, and eventually his singing. He added modifications to the sketch of the bike before him, then crossed them out and began again as he sang
. "The fox went out on a chilly night. He begged to the moon to give him light, for he'd many a mile to go that night, before he reached the town o'." he lifted the blueprints into the air above him, looking them over. By the time he returned to the real world, he had gone through four songs and taken up about twenty minutes. He finally turned to Estelle and smiled. "It's possible! I just need to scavenge some parts. there should be a ship yard not far from here if this place even remotely resembles New York," he was beaming, his blue eyes sparkling, especially in the contrast of the bruise around one.

Player Advisor

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 am
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle sat on the cold floor and crossed her legs. She watched Rust intently as he worked and began to sing, a smile forming on her lips. Part of her wondered what it would be like, to be so concentrated on something that you get lost in your own world. It was almost more exciting than the real world. She watched him until he was finished, and hope swelled inside of her at the sight of his joy. It seemed they did have a chance after all. Estelle returned his smile, mesmerized by the sparkle in his eyes. "That's great!" she replied, "Do you need any help?" She asked, for she thought it wouldn't do much good just sitting and staring at him like a fool.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:25 am
Kaine(Rust) Parker

User Image

Rust rolled up his blueprints, looking at the window. The rain had lightened up some more, now only a light drizzle. "Well, if you would like to accompany me to the shipyard, you could help me find what need." He said, standing and stretching his legs, stamping them to get the blood flow going again. "It shouldn't be too far from here." He looked around the shop for a wagon or something to help carry the parts, but there was nothing of the sort. Just as well, it might have drawn attention. He already knew they were not alone. He unlocked the main entrance door and peered about, then went to where he had left the tarp they had used to keep the rain off their things. He took it and looked about for rope or string. He found some, and rolled it up, stuffing it in the back of his pants.

"Okay, there had to be a spare key around this place." He said and began to look through any desks and drawers. Sure enough, under some papers on the main desk, there was a key. He tried it, and it worked. "Nice!" He pocketed that as well. "You ready?" he asked looking at Estelle.

Player Advisor

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:36 am
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle got to her feet quickly, then took her messy blonde hair and pulled it back into a ponytail. She then tightened the straps on her boots and made sure everything was going according to plan. She watched him gather up what they needed, including the key he'd found. It was lucky that everything seemed to be heading in such a good direction. Rust seemed to be confident, so she smiled at him when she returned to his side. "Ready," she replied.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:04 am
Kaine(Rust) Parker

User Image

Rust nodded, "Let's go." he opened the door and headed out into the drizzle, pulling his hood up. "Should be this way," He said and headed east through the empty city streets. The walk was taking longer than he anticipated, and he was getting hungry. He hadn't brought his bag, thinking the yard would not be too far, and that it would only add weight when he went to carry the parts back. Oh well...

They passed many buildings that were in similar condition to the ones by the deadly bookstore, but no sign of life. Were they still being watched? The feeling had become so constant, he wasn't sure if it was real or if he was becoming paranoid. In any case, he could finally see the shipyard in front of them, and also the sea. It was roiling so violently that it had pushed some of the ships up onto the dock. Splintered wood and cracked asphalt were everywhere,
"Yeesh." he commented as he looked around. "Well, I guess that'll make it easier to pull apart the parts we need." he pulled the blueprints out and handed them to Estelle. "These here?" He said coming around behind her and wrapping his arms around her to point at the sketches of the parts he came up with, "We are looking for anything you think can make these, or better yet are these. A small boiler is our main concern, but we are going to need more piping too. If you need help, holler for me?" He smiled at her, moving out from behind her and standing at her side. "A good place to start is there," He said motioning to a small air vessel that had ended up on the dock and on its side. "I'll be just on the other side in the paddle boat."

Player Advisor

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:47 am
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle followed close behind Rust, feeling a cold chill on the back of her neck during most of their walk. She looked around them, but there didn't seem to be anyone or anything there, though she still felt the unknown presence. It made her nervous, but all the same, she continued walking at his side as if nothing was wrong. Estelle's eyes sparkled at the sight of the sea. The air smelled salty and fresh, but their surroundings were the opposite of anything so beautiful.

Estelle held onto the blue prints and looked at them, following what he pointed to with her eyes. Her face grew warm at the feeling of his arms around her, but she tried her best to focus on the task ahead. Don't get distracted now, she warned herself, the warmth of his body making her blush. She looked at the other things he talked about and nodded. "When it comes to this kind of stuff, I don't really know anything, but I'll do my best," she told him with a confident smile, then moved around to examine things and match them up with what she had been looking at on the blueprints.

She searched the surroundings, picking up stray pipes and parts she didn't recognize, and some that looked rather familiar. Biting her lip, she continued to sort through the things and check to see if they'd match up in any way.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:57 am
Kaine(Rust) Parker

User Image

Rust watched her for a moment. He hadn't had a friend like her before, nor had he felt this way about anyone. He smiled to himself, thinking this friend just might stick around a while, and it made him happy. He had a nasty habit of not getting close to people for fear of loosing them, and it destroyed most relationships. He told himself now to forget that way of thinking. He wanted to keep this friend more than anything. But... he felt stronger towards her than just a friend. He wondered if she felt the same. You're crazy Rust! You just met yesterday! You don't know what you're thinking. Get to work! His mind scolded him and he turned to look for parts on his end.

He tore apart bits of the ship, lugging the pieces back and placing them onto the tarp. The rain stopped, but it was still gloomy outside. At least they could dry off for once. Rust took off his jacket and hung it over the railing of the ship and continued working. About half an hour later, he took a break to check on Estelle, see how she was doing
. "Whatcha' got?" He looked over her stuff, then went to his pile, wondering if it was enough. He wanted to avoid making too many trips, to save energy, and to get out of this creepy city as soon as possible.

Player Advisor

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:27 am
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle tried to keep her mind on what she was doing, but was finding it a bit hard for some reason. Her mind kept drifting back to what they would do with their life now, just the two of them. When she was little, she always imagined growing old with somebody and having lots of kids. At this thought, her eyes widened and she blushed again at her own silly daydreams.

Shaking her head and refocusing, she shoved through shiny pipes and gizmos on a shelf and set the ones that seemed promising in the a pile. Estelle scratched her head curiously and examined each object carefully. Her hands were smudged with oil and rust, but she didn't really mind at this point. When Rust came to check on her, she turned to look at him and looked through the stuff she'd found. "Uhmm, this. And this, and that looks like something I saw too..." she pointed to a few things, including a small contraption that looked like a boiler that had been under a dusty tarp. Feeling rather warm, she took off her jacket and tied it securely around her waist and put her hands on her hips.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:42 am
Kaine(Rust) Parker

User Image

"Aw! Great! That's perfect!" Rust exclaimed when she pointed out the little boiler. He took a look at the rest of the what she had gathered and deduced that, with all of what he had gathered, it should be enough for the bike. "That's about it then I think. Lets get this to the tarp." he helped her carry her findings over to where he had been dumping his findings and wrapped them all up in the tarp, pulling the rope from the back of his pants and tying it tightly around the tarp, making a sort of sack. he lifted the large, heavy bag and threw it over his shoulder with an, "Oof." He smiled at her, "Nice job. You know, if we ever get back to New York, I'll bet Mr. Ravyn would love to have an assistant like you." He adjusted the weight to it was distributed more evenly, then stated off for the long trek back to the garage.

Player Advisor

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:47 am
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle's face lit up when it seemed they had gathered enough things. She picked up and armful of the findings and put them in the tarp. Her face was practically glowing when he complemented her. It had been a long time since someone ever said something so nice to her, especially about something she did. "Thank you!" she replied, beaming. "I would love to." She walked at his side, unable to hide her smile and stared at the ground as she walked. Maybe she really was good at something for once.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:17 am
Kaine(Rust) Parker

User Image

Rust was filled with a strange feeling when he saw Estelle smile so happily. He couldn't help but smile too. It made the weight of the sack seem a bit lighter, and the long walk seem shorter. As short as the walk seemed, he was exhausted by the time they got back to the garage. He set the bag down and unlocked the door, dragging the back in and closing the door behind them. "now for the fun part." He dragged the bag over to where he was working on the bike and opened it up. To his right was a tool cabinet where he had spotted a soldering iron. He grabbed it, along with a pair of thick gloves and a face mask and began to disassemble parts of the bike and reassemble other parts. "And we are far from home, but we're so haaaappy. Far from home, all alone, but we're sooo haaappy." he sang quietly, not realizing how it mirrored their current predicament.

Sparks flew as he soldered parts together and discarded unnecessary parts. He took breaks and conversed with Estelle, munched on an apple she had found in the store earlier that day, and continued working on the bike. When he was at done, he cursed
. "Well, that's just like me..." He pulled up his face mask, streaked of smoke residue all over his face. "I forgot the heating mechanism. But those shouldn't be hard to find, as long as one of these buildings has an oven. Or a toaster. A toaster would be better." He looked outside and saw that it had begun to get dark. "Whoa! How long has it been?" He looked back at her, "I'm sorry, you must have been terribly bored." he said with a frown.

((Funny thing is that when I was writing this, the lyrics to the song Rust is singing, that song was playing when I wrote it. I had to lol. If you're curious, the song is called "From Finner" By Of Monsters and Men. I recomend that band))  

Player Advisor

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:27 pm
Estelle Dominique Lareau
User Image

Estelle followed him inside and pulled up an old chair, sitting in it backwards as he worked. She really did enjoy watching him work and sing; it was calming, especially in the situation they were in. It was kind of relaxing sitting there with her chin propped up in her hands, watching him sing a pretty tune. He was quite good at it, too. The lyrics he sang fit the present issue, and though she had never heard it before, she found herself unable to hide her smile.

During the time he sat and work, Estelle also rummaged through the food she'd brought and found a banana. She sat there and watched and ate until he pulled up his mask and explained the problem. She scratched her head, looking around the room. Her eyes flicked towards the window in surprise. "Is it really that dark already?" Her eyebrows raised in surprise. It didn't feel like it had been a long time, then again she could probably sit there all day watching him. A soft smile appeared on her lips and she turned back to look at him. "No, it's okay. I like watching you." She smiled sweetly, not realizing at first the effect of her words.

((Ha! It's perfect. I love that band, but haven't heard that song. I'll have to look it up biggrin ))  
RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff