Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Party Tent: The Masquerade Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:15 pm
User Image
User ImageGryffindorFourth YearSeekerWriterPureblood

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door—
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door—
Only this and nothing more."

Romulus smiled at the girl, excited she agreed. Normally, he could care less, but this girl in particular made his heart flutter. His hand gently twisted, fingers sliding between hers. The boy took her other hand, then laid it on his shoulder. His hand left hers and laid gently on her hip. "Don't worry, dancing is really easy. I won't do any moves you aren't ready for, either." He started off by simply swaying, a soft smile on his face. After a while, he took a few steps. "Here's where it gets fun. Just watch my steps." He made sure it was an easy sequence, Front, back, left, right. Just a nice square. Maybe if he figured her out, he could teach her in much more detail.

Wearing

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted—Nevermore!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:18 pm
And we both go down together...we'd stay there forever...just try to get up
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sergio Mourinho Di Maria

UnsortedPurebloodEleven

I always sing you sad songs...and you can sing along...and you can see your melody is calling out your wrongs.

Sergio walked into the Masquerade Ball, knowing that he probably shouldn't be here. Why? Because he had no one to hang around with. What does one do when they have no company? Find it of course!

Sergio looked around a bit, surveying the crowd from behind his mask. His mask was not too illustrious, but it was nice enough to prove that he was quite wealthy. He watched, waiting for a someone around his age to walk by. And soon enough he found one. A little girl, whom had just distanced herself from her seemingly older boy, doubtedly anything more than friend or maybe even older sibling. He watched...she was cute, but due to his lack of knowledge of the girl, he decided against asking her to dance. He wanted to a lot. He really did, but how would the girl react to him just coming and asking her to dance. Sounds creepy doesn't it? So, he just stood in silence, watching her walk by, feeling as if he just missed a chance. Since when am I afraid of asking a girl to dance? I'm Italian!

I never told you everything. Your losing hope and fading dreams and every single memory along the way

And I'm sorry, this wasn't easy...I ask you believe me...and never let go

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:12 am
User Image███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Chase Henrick

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Ravenclaw || Sixth Year || Chaser || Prefect || My Love

Well, this ball was getting a tad bit too boring for Chase. But the moment he decided that he should leave, a voice pipped up, catching the Ravenclaw's attention. Teal eyes and golden locks... "Heather..?" Chase said, a tad bit relieved that there was someone here he knew. Well, maybe. If he was wrong, then he could apologize for mistaking them as his girlfriend.

{OOC; even shorter post ftw o3o}

I know I just need to try, no matter the result. Try again and again, until I get it right.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:42 am
User ImageUser Image

The Korean boy looked at the crowd of dancing people. Just then the boy he was looking for. Dhyl was standing in the crowd. The mask they had picked on his face. He smiled, his hair was gold, matching his mask. Starting towards the slouching male.

He smiled at the boy. "Dhyl." he said as he arrived near the boy. He looks uneasy. he thought as he looked at the boy.

Miss GryffindorK

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:34 am
User ImageUser Image 

ஐ Pureblood ஐ Fifth Year ஐ Single ஐ

Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the timeஐ 
                                                        And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feetஐ 
                                                        Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

Michelle glanced one last time at Ada, giving Chris a look that promised death if he didn't watch out for her best friend. The Slytherin then gave her full attention to the White Fox. He bowed and she rolled her eyes. She almost left when the masked man promised to make it an enjoyable experience and put his hand on her hip. Why did she agree to this again? She forced the grimace off of her face and watched him with cold silver eyes. "So.... do you have a name or am I just supposed to call you that annoying git for the rest of the night?" She asked sarcastically, fighting the urge to roll her eyes at the man once again.

As they started to dance, her eyes darted to Ada once more just to make sure the poor girl was okay. She seemed to be offering her hand to Chris.... which meant one of them had asked the other to dance. Michelle's bet was on Chris asking. Ada was much to shy to ask herself. She hummed quietly for a moment before her curiosity got the best of her and she was watching the White Fox with interest once again. "An enjoyable dance with you..... I'd like to see you try and make that possible." She said, challenging him as a smirk crawled onto her lips. Who could back down from a challenge. Especially one that tested the strength of one's own words. She had a feeling the White Fox most definitely could not, and it would be amusing at least to see him try and make a dance enjoyable, but even better if he actually succeeded. Either way she won.

With a thousand lies, and a good disguiseஐ 
                                                        Hit ‘em right between the eyesஐ 
                                                        When you walk away, nothing more to sayஐ 
                                                        See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:50 am
User ImageUser Image

After I've cried my ℓαṡτ, there'll be ๒єคยҭұ from pain 
                                                        And though I can't
                                                        υи∂εяṡταи∂ why this ђคקקєภє๔ 
                                                        I ќиøω that I will when I look back ร๏๓є๔คұ

۩And I didn't want to be the first to รคұ. Everyone around here thinks you're ¢яαʐÿ.۩ 
                                                        ۩And I didn't want to be the first to say you shouldn't รҭคұ, Isabella run คฬคұ.۩

Verily giggled at his utter confusion on how to dance. It honestly wasn't that hard, and she had never even been trained on how to do it or anything. Her father always thought that was a load a crap that didn't need to happen and her mother had never had much say when she'd been around. She smiled gently at Darius and nodded her. "It's just 4 simple steps." She said quietly, before showing him the steps and hoping he caught on quickly because as much as she enjoyed dancing with him... she'd prefer not to lead. She was the girl after all. She giggled and curled her body closer to his as they danced slowly to the music. 

Elli giggled happily as Cam pulled her onto the dance floor. She positioned her hands around his neck and happily swayed with him to the music. She would and could do anything with him and be perfectly happy. She smiled brightly and leaned forward to kiss him quickly. "I love you." She whispered as the song changed and their dancing change with it. They weren't half bad at this whole dancing thing. It was good to know really. If they did ever get married, and she was kind of hoping they did, then they would know they wouldn't make a fool of themselves on the dance floor at their own wedding. 

OOC: ...

۩All your heroes are your яε¢øя∂ṡ. You play 'em loud but I don't mind the иøιṡε.۩ 
                                                        ۩Why ya нι∂ιиģ?Maybe you don't think you have a ¢нøι¢ε.۩

Here I am at the єภ๔ of me. Tryin' to hold to what I can't ṡεε  
                                                        I forgot how to ђ๏קє. This night's been so ℓøиģ 
                                                        I cling to Your קг๏๓เรє. There will be a ∂αωи 
                                                        Though it won't be ҭ๏ค๔ұ, someday I'll нøρε again

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:53 am
User ImageUser Image

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaserPureBlood

Dhyl looked over at the random person with gold hair. Somewhere in his mind told him exactly who it was. No way anyone else could change their hair so perfectly as one with Eun's abilities. "Hey there, Chameleon." Okay, so... lame nickname time... He tugged nervously on the hem of his jacket, then sighed. They had to dance. He held out his hand to the other boy. If he was going to dance, he was going to have the lead, damn it.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Sir Spazalots

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:03 am
User Image 

ஒ Mudblood ஒ Orphan ஒ Single ஒ

But I know that, I was put here, to fight Vikings, in the cold war, 
                                                                                                with my arms out, in the front lines, singing, “Dare me. Dare me.”

Steffi blinked her one eye as a mysterious boy walked up to her with a blush covering his cheeks. She swallowed and gave him a small wavering smile. She had no idea who he was but something about him made him seem very familiar. It was like his identity was on the tip of her tongue and every time she tried to touch it, it danced off in another direction. She chewed on her lip, trying her best to figure out who the heck he was and why he seemed so familiar, but nothing came to her mind.

It was then that she realized she had been standing in silence for near 5 minutes and he had asked her to dance. She flushed bright red at this. She had left him waiting with no answer for 5 minutes. He probably was either freaking out in her head or thinking she was an idiot. She smiled at him this time seeming more nervous than before. "A dance would be nice...." She said, her smile growing more confident. It wasn't like she was expecting anyone else to ask her to dance, or waiting on anyone or anything like that. She didn't even know if Luke had come to the masquerade and even if he had... why would he want to dance with her? Her blushed darkened at the idea of dancing with Luke though. She almost took back her yes at the thought, because there was always a tiny chance that Luke was there, and would ask her to dance... but that was stupid. It wasn't like she was Luke's girl or anything like that one guy had said..... so why did it matter if she danced with anyone else... right?

OOC: ...

I hope they hurt you. I hope they scar you. I hope they heal you. 
                                                                                                You’ve got to weigh your
                                                                                                wars make sure you’re not fighting for nothing

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:03 am
User ImageUser Image
Second YearHufflepuffPurebloodSingle

Minn searched around, hoping for someone to talk to. Green eyes flicked around, finally noticing someone watching her. He looked about her age, a very proper stance. She adjusted herself, trying for a more regal pose. Finally, curiosity paid off and the girl stepped over to him. "Hi there. I couldn't help but notice you standing there... and such." Her bright, happy smile was on her face, a twinkle in her eyes. Her hair was in a fancy, twisted up-do, done by the careful hands of her older brother.

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:20 am
The Finale Begins

Suddenly the sound of the music was interrupted as a loud CRACK split through the air. A group of masked and robed figures appeared. Wands drawn and pointed at the dancing crowd. Immediately flashes of light and curses flew out in every direction.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:30 am
And we both go down together...we'd stay there forever...just try to get up
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sergio Mourinho Di Maria

UnsortedPurebloodEleven

I always sing you sad songs...and you can sing along...and you can see your melody is calling out your wrongs.

Sergio looked to her for a moment, almost in disbelief, surprised that she came up to him. He thought it was too good to be true to a point. All he could do was answer at this point. "Oh, yes I've just been standing here for awhile. I'm afraid I haven't found anything to do whatsoever, until now I suppose," he said, and as he finished his sentence, masked figures from all directions enveloped the floor. Where did they come from? And from nowhere Sergio watched as curses started to fly around.

"GET DOWN!" he said, getting her down quickly, his wand drawn within seconds. What he was going to do with it? He did not know. But all he knew was his wand was extremely powerful. And he has had dueling techniques shot into him by his brother. Some rather simple spells pretty much learned in the first year, but still.

I never told you everything. Your losing hope and fading dreams and every single memory along the way

And I'm sorry, this wasn't easy...I ask you believe me...and never let go

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:31 am
User ImageUser Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Before Cameron could take in the moment of dancing with Elli, several masked figures appeared and sent spells in every direction. His arms moved off of the redhead's hips, and his hands grabbed her. The boy hadn't even realized what he was doing, but his first instinct was to get her and himself to safety. "C'mon!" he called as he pulled Elli through the crowd. Luckily, the two were shorter than a lot of the people here which meant they could be covered in case any spells were fired their way. That was suck for whoever got hit though; however, if it wasn't himself or Elli, Cam could really care less at the moment.

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

((OOC: outfit in right picture))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:33 am
I settled down a twisted up frown
Disguised as a
smile, well

You would have never known
I had it all
But, not what I wanted
'cause hope for me was a place uncharted and overgrown

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fifth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

A ghost of a chuckle swirled past his lips nearly in tune with the rhythm of the song that floated happily around them. A gentle hand led them in a small spin together before waltzing back into the dutiful steps of the simple dance they were in. He didn’t know why (especially after all this time) he still felt the crawl of excitement race up his spine in a quiver of shivers.
”Boring can be good sometimes,” he teased, but he wasn’t really kidding (even though he totally had to make it look like he was.) At least he knew that she had been safe, and that alone, lifted a weight off his shoulders.

”Chris..?” He blinked. She’d never mentioned that name before, but then again, she never actually really named any of those other… vampires. He highly doubted that Phantom was a birth name. ”Who’s that?” He wondered curiously, and, yes, he did feel the sting of slight jealous possessiveness worm into his heart. But Ada’s name was in there for some reason, so surely, it couldn’t have been bad.

But he never got much chance to wait for a reaction. A loud crack had had him unconsciously dragging Gracie down to the floor. It was so loud! It burst into the room with an earsplitting shrill, bright colors flashed and a look of horror struck his face as heavy arms reached to grab Gracie and pull her away. But to where?! Everyone, everywhere was running mad! They shoved and fought, people screamed. He saw some falling to ground to a heap on the ground, limp and lifeless. His heart pounded as he wrenched his way through the crowd.
”Grace! C’mon! We have to get out of here!” He hurried, his hand clamped tight around her wrist. "We need to find my parents!"

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 171lbs ☣ Age: 14
Masquerade Tent
underneath a night sky of fire and blood
╚═══════════════════╝

You'd make your way in
I'd resist
you just like this

You can't tell me to feel
The truth never set me free
So, I did it myself

User Image

”XxXDevil-Chan”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Nicole had been so focused on making sure her feet stayed within the proper rhythm and that her nerves wouldn't cause tremors that she nearly missed the masked man's question. When it finally registered her face set aflame in embarrassment before casting her eyes downward thinking of her answer carefully. It wouldn't do to just spill her entire sorry tale to a stranger, even one as nice as this one. "Not interesting at all actually. The sad yet simple explanation is that I h-have no one to accompany me. Well, I could have but his bed time was hours ago." here she chuckled thinking of a handsomely dressed Timothy attempting to dance with her while trying not to run around and examine everything in sight. Nicole sobered up and continued on with the gentle almost inquisitive dance when she realized that the gentleman's question was a double edged sword. What was he doing here alone then? "Now, if you'd allow me, I'd like to ask you the same. Why is it that a handsomely dressed man as yourself is attending this alone?" Or was he with his wife who was watching from the sidelines becoming more enraged by the second at seeing an unknown woman in his arms. Please please please don't let that be the case! However, before he could answer a loud crack resounded throughout the area and she narrowly missed spell headed towards her back. What was happening?! From inside her dress sleeve she pulled out her wand prepared to defend herself and possibly the young people around them while trying to reach an exit unknowingly pulling the masked man along with her. She might be dark and anxious Nicole, but she was also a mother and she would never forgive herself for letting one innocent child get hurt. "We have to get these children to safety before the Aurors arrive." she spoke quickly.  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:46 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl turned fast as lights started flashing. Where was Minn?! He used some sort of instinct to push Eun to the floor and drop to his hands and knees. A feminine scream rent the air as Minn clung to the boy, terrified her life might end soon. "DHYLLY! HELP ME!" The older boy heard his sister's cry, part on instinct, part adrenaline fueled terror. Soon enough, he had his wand out and started crawling in the direction the scream came from. After several long minutes, he pulled the girl into his arms. "Shhh. I'm right here." He held her tighter, and for the first time in several years, tears started trailing down his face. How many more seconds did they have? Surely they were at death's door. He clutched tighter to his sister, the one thing he valued above all else in this world. Minn held tight, but hadn't quite lost it. She reached out and offered a hand to the boy, a gesture of fear, but also of bravery.

{OoC:}

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces