Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Call To Aid Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:42 pm
"Which?" he asked, giving him a confused sort of smile. "Riding a pokemon, or roughing it?" Akira watched the teen in order to figure out how to get atop such a creature. He didn't want to upset her, after all; especially when she'd just been gracious enough to agree to carry him. "Either way, I appreciate the encouragement. I've enjoyed experiencing all the new things so far, even if I haven't been very good at them. Heh, where I came from, I wasn't even really allowed a chance to try much."

"So...was it...Lin?" the older brunet asked gingerly, trying to recall what he'd heard Vincent address the young man as. "And...who's this?" He'd noticed the Snivy a little while ago, but he felt silly asking about the pokemon when he didn't even know its trainer. "I take it you like grass-types...? Ah-ah-CHOO! Excuse me..." He reached for a tissue from his pocket as he tried to find out what had caused him to sneeze. Since he'd called Happa back into his ball, he hadn't had much more than a stuffy nose, but...

"Ah-CHOO! Ugh...I'm sorry," he apologized to Lin. Was his pokemon shedding...? Looking to the deer creature, Akira thought he remembered reading something about them being season pokemon and changing coats four times a year. Perhaps it was around that time. It probably would have been rude to ask, but he didn't want to be sneezing the whole way, either.

"Um...do you mind if I carry my Leafeon with me?" he inquired of both Moriko and Lin. "I hate to add extra weight and I can call him back if I need to, of course. I just...have these allergies." Why was he proving to be more of a burden than a help to their cause? This was so embarrassing.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:47 am
Once Luke was on, she reached a hand down to to the long neck signaled Grealhorn that they were ready, allowing the Sawsbuck to stand back up onto his full height.
Her hand fell onto Luke's to make sure he didn't fall off during this motion, allowing Greal to step closer to Luna and Sera when their friend was ready to hand the gear back to Luke.

Rosie Took once more look around. The Jirachi had grabbed onto Nicolette's shoulder in case she couldn't keep up with the pokemon, or to preserve strength. Leste took to the skies, ready to go, and Luke had their heading

"Alright, looks like everyone is ready to go?"

Greal fanned his large ears back stepping forward toward the mountains, and with a last nasally bellow he leaped off toward the wilderness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With Pidgeot in the sky, and Haunter scouting ahead, invisible to the world The team moved on through the mountains, eventually entering spattered forest.
The Sawsbuck would find this terrain much more fitting for travel, and have very little trouble weaving through trees and pouncing up mountain steeps.
Though their progress forward was hindered by their patience for their hooved opposites. The fire horses, who in a flat field could outrun a Sawsbuck in seconds, though in the ever thickening forest, it was hard to find an stretch of land that wasn't overgrown.

The trainers would find that they traveled for quiet a distance, Rosie herself was starting to wonder if she would ever see anything but Rock and trees and mountain side, and was starting to wonder if they hadn't already passed their mark.

(Players, please roll one D20 for you're character, and a D20 each for the scouting pokemon.
You do not have to write out a post to make this roll)

(Players also note that I have put my schedule on the front page of the RP, adding the times that I am going to be online and progressing the RP forward.
I know everyone had their own schedule, but I hope that this is at least somewhat helpful <3)

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:33 am
Moriko snorted as Akira asked after carrying his Leafeon.

"Uh. Well, both I guess, but I meant roughing it; I guess it must be odd to have a lot of new things happening all at once..."

He mounted up with ease, and then signaled for Moriko to dip down so that Akira would find it easier to get on.
"Uh. Well, she doesn't mind, apparently." He answered the Leafeon question first, then grinned.
"Lin. Yep. He's Jeeves." The Snivy looked back and gave a short bow as he was introduced. "I don't know. I guess I do. Grass pokémon have just been the type I've known most of? I get along with them... What's your Leafeon's name? I haven't gotten to meet many of those."

The journey, weight or not, was pleasant from Moriko's point of view. Forest was home, and she'd tread upon mountain before, though not so much since joining Lin's company.
For Lin, the journey wasn't unpleasant either; he enjoyed having trees all around, though he wasn't so used to so much rocky mountain-ground.
Also, he had a quiet pride in the idea that Moriko might be outperforming unnerving fire horse-types.  
Suudonym rolled 2 20-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:48 am
(I got nothin' so here's your stuff for boy and bird.)  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:55 am
(Rolling for Rosie)  
TawnyAngel rolled 2 20-sided dice: 3, 14 Total: 17 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:43 pm
(Dith and Zla, in that order!)  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune rolled 2 20-sided dice: 1, 8 Total: 9 (2-40)

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:05 pm
((Sera and Nicolette))

Nicolette smiled brightly at the Jirachi as it moved to her shoulder, and gave it the option to continue there or sit in front of her instead, whichever was easier for the little legendary, before Epona followed after Grael. Luna, who was much more accustomed to traveling through the city or along flat areas, did her best to keep up with the others.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:14 am
As the forest starts to level out for a time, the forest remaining thick, making it difficult for even the Sawsbuck to make quick progress through.

"Its hard to see anything through these trees... I'm worried that we're overlooking something." Rosie admitted, squinting through the thick brush that Greal had to force his way through.
Blue eyes lifted to the sky where Leste was undoubtedly flying, she knew it was probably hard to her to find anything through the trees, but there had to be a way the trees let up.
Greal was getting frustrated, stamping his hooves and bucking his large antlers through more brush before he stopped.
Apologetically Rosie reached her hands out to the side of his neck. "I know, You're doing a good job." She told him "We'll find a way to get high ground, and thinner trees." she stroked the frustrated pokemon's neck, glancing over her shoulder to Luke "If it doesn't let up though, we might have to walk for a bit..." She didn't like that idea, not with Luke still recovering, and not on this rough ground.

Lin
The progress through the forest won't be much easier, but if you push through the heavy trees along your path, you will be rewarded with a sudden break in the density, making travel much easier for your party.

There, laying just beyond a natural arrangement of tall bushes however, a sudden wide clearing and what looked like a trampled road stretching out in either direction up and down the mountain.
Completely clear of trees but not entirely from other vegetation.

You don't get a couple of second to process this however, for as you find the road, there is a sudden yelp from right in front of Moriko, and a man staggered back up the road that he had seemed to be sprinting down from in a hasty attempt to keep himself from slamming into the large pokemon.

His hair was dirty blond, though the color might have to do to more of the fact that it was literally dirty, unkempt like the loose clothing that hung off of his shoulders, an arm of his jacket torn at the elbow, that same arm he had wrapped around the form of an unconscious Sneasel.
Throwing an arm out in front of him he made a desperate attempt to stagger backwards, slipping a couple of times in the loose dirt and swearing loudly the entire time.
Finally catching his footing, the man turned and took off as fast as he could back up the mountain path.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:09 pm
As they emerged onto the road, and the man appeared, Moriko stopped, wide-eyed, before Lin could even tell her to. Jeeve's was abruptly launched from her head a small distance at the sudden stop, but landed rather gracefully, trying to make it look as though the impromptu flight hadn't fazed him at all.

Lin's first reaction was to blink and stumble forward, stare at the man for half a second and then yell-
"Hey!"
He watched the man back up and start trying to run back up the path.
"Jeeves, stop him!" The boy pointed after the surprise encounter, and watched as the grass type tried to snare the fleeing man with Vine Whip.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:19 am
Zla was not in the habit of waiting for orders from Dith, who he tended to regard as a small and sometimes not especially bright sibling. As the unkempt blond man took off therefore, and as Lin shouted orders, the Haunter raced ahead of the man and then turned himself visible a few feet in front of his face. "Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaut!" He cackled, eyes glowing red and red splattered hands flexing. If the human turned out to be a friend or something the other humans could apologise but in the meantime Zla intended to teat him a) as a potential threat and b) a potential source of information that they didn't want to escape.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:32 pm
Lin

With a yelp, the man as once again stumbled into the dirt having lost the use of one of his legs, as it was yanked out from under him.
Not wasting a moment in a bid for freedom, and an attempt to get away, the shine of a knife was pulled free from his jacked and sliced at the vines to free himself.

The appearance of another pokemon, a massive ghost type drew a scream through the forest.
"DREW KEV!"
his attempt to call the names, possibly to draw out allies for help, would have undoubtedly caught the attention of the nearby trainers as well.
Zal would find an unconscious Sneasel being chucked at him, and the man made a dive for the forest after frantically trying to free himself from the vine whip, in an attempt abandoning the trail completely.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:22 pm
"Knife!" Lin called, an unnecessary warning, as the man freed himself from the vines with such an implement.
The boy dismounted Moriko, and strode purposefully toward the man, even as Zla appeared to aid in the man's detainment.

As Jeeves recoiled from the knife, then sent another Vine Whip after the fleeing man, Lin ran alongside the pursuing vegetation, hoping to land a punch at the man's head if possible, with some vague thought of bringing him down; ally or foe, the man had just swung a knife at Jeeves and -thrown- a pokémon.

Moriko stood unsuredly where she'd halted, for the benefit, probably, of Akira, and because she'd not been given any orders as Lin'd suddenly dismounted.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:44 pm
The sudden scream startled Rosie, the unusual silence of the forest shaking suddenly with the voice of a human.
Greal himself perked his head up, ears twisting before dashing his eyes around for a source of the noise.

"Go go." she told the Sawsbuck, spurring him in the direction he heard the screams. a hand going to her belt to ready another pokeball just in case.
The raised voices continued, this time from a voice she recognized.

Breaking onto the path, Greal nearly colliding into Zal.
Stopping just in time to see a man that Rosie didn't recognize, reeling away from Lin's punch and diving into the dense forest.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:54 pm
Luke wasn't especially fond of the idea of traversing terrain like this on foot, more out of a fear of slowing the group down than out of concern for his own comfort, but he shook his head to dispel his lingering frown, "Can't be helped, I guess." He was fortunate that the pokemon had been able to bring them so far already.

There was a commotion unfolding in the forest suddenly; it was difficult to find the source with the vegetation as thick as it was, but there was the clear sound of an unfamiliar voice calling unknown names. Their course was diverted to follow that sound, and he hoped that the sharp scream wasn't from an injured ally.

It wasn't without some anxiety that Leste had lost her visual on the trainers as the canopy grew denser - her Keen Eye could do nothing in an environment where there was literally nothing to see - but she had done her best to stay her course, keeping pace with how quickly the entourage had been moving before she could no longer see them. Eventually there were shouts below, a few short words muffled by distance into incoherence. She looped around more closely to the treetops, searching the areas where she could see the ground. And there was one, a clearing and a footpath, and within it took place a confrontation between known allies and strangers. The large Pidgeot descended into the area with a cry to announce her presence, though she realized upon her arrival that there wasn't a great deal she could think to do under these circumstances.

Her trainer emerged into the area as she hesitated, and she watched his eyes rapidly trace of the situation, hopeful for an order. Her hopes were answered in the form of an arm gesturing to the trees towards which the man retreated, "Try a Whirlwind."

Leste chirruped softly, unsure that it would do much good as dense as the vegetation was, but she raised her broad wings nonetheless, beating them powerfully to kick up a gale that might knock the man down and prevent his escape.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:08 pm
Lin
The man seemed so preoccupied by getting into the forest, that he didn't even realize that there was someone upon him, until he felt the force of a fist in the side of his face.
For whatever reason though, the man did not retaliate, staggering to the side, he stumbled back into the forest and vanishing behind the trees, the only indication that he was still there was the hurried rustling of brush as he peeled away.

Luke
Leste's Whirlwind struck and cracked the trees along the pathway, gushing a front wind through the forest, though the collection of trees mostly broke down and separated the attack before it could get too much further into the wood.

In the distance however, there was a sharp cracking noise, followed by another startled cry.
"GOD DAAAMN IT!" This one, sounded more frustrated than anything else.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff