Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] All Aboard the SS Party! [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:44 pm
Without anyone rushing up to announce guests they should wait on the gangplank swung aside and the railing/gate swung back into place. A blast on the ship's horn announced their departure and with that the large yacht glided gracefully out of port. Once away from the harbour it gathered a little speed but the pace remained sedate and the deck near as steady as solid ground.

[Anyone who wants to join after this is free to assume they are already aboard, or to catch up by water or flying pokemon! They can use their own or come on a staff Lapras.]  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:54 pm
(Dove, Kirk)

“I adapt,” Alexa said dryly and smiled slightly. “An old favorite I left at home, Lyra was kind enough to bring it with her when she visited.” Along with a few scanty remarks, Lyra was her sister, but she had missed this dress, the fascinator, and the black heels. “She also had a late birthday present. Have I introduced you to my new flareon yet?”

Sideways perked up, finishing chewing on his snack and gave a cooing ‘eooon,’ in greeting to the well dressed man.

She paused and looked over, following Kirks head tip. Ahh, the earrings. Alexa gave a small frown before letting it fall. “As if the earrings and fur wasn’t compensating enough,” she added lightly to Kirk’s comment, agreeing. Very bad taste.

Pretty, she would give the dress that. The fit and the deep purple was sophisticated, but the jewels made it gaudy. Alexa would have pried most of the jewels off, except a thin line on the high neck and found fabric to match the rest for a more refine look.

No, no… ughh. She kept her face composed and smiled sweetly. “I believe Dima mentioned in you passing, Dove, wasn’t it?” She pondered if the gems were meant to enhance the girl’s bust. Kirk, she would admit was a show stealer but it was in his nature and tuxes to the untrained eye all looked alike. At most she could tell that Kirks was not rental, and not cheap. The fabric was too good and the style current. Dove in her furs and earrings and dress. She took a small sip of her drink, pokemon lounging near her.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:36 pm
(Dith and Able)

"I've been fairly good, just got back in region and it seemed there is a lot of things I need to catch up on. How have you been?" Shizuo asked with a small smile. He then nodded to Able in greeting. "Nice to meet you as well." When the boat started to leave the docks he looked out towards the water. "Good thing it looks like a good day to sail." The last comment was more to his self then directed to anyone.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:51 pm
(Yuri, KO, Lex)

Dove held her smile calmly, nodding a little as Kirk introduced himself and his date. "It's a pleasure to meet you both," she laughed softly, giving an affirmative nod as Alexa gave her own name. "And yes, I'm Dove."

Mention of her dress and the way in which it was addressed made her blush deeply, and she laughed softly. "Thank you. It's Oscar de la Ralts. Are you a fan of fashion? You're both dressed beautifully..." she admitted, reaching up to pet the little pink head peeking over her shoulder as it playfully batted a loose curl of her hair.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:09 pm
(Dove, Alexa)

Well look at that, she blushed like a slapped cheek.

...And she had a Mew on her shoulder. Restraint clearly didn't feature in her dictionary but he almost had to admire the audacity.

Almost.

"Ahhh, I seee," KO nodded slightly, "there's something in the lines that's familiar now you say, but the last collection I saw was... might have been as long ago as last winter." It probably had been that long ago since he'd really had the time to pay attention. Still, it didn't look like he'd missed much to his taste; there was flashy and then there was gaudy.

"I am, seen as you ask," Kirk gave one of his classic self confident little smiles. "I like to follow the best, cherry pick what I like the most and make it my own. You know what they say, if you want something doing right... but tell us Dove, what is it you do? I work in HR, which is even more egregious than it sounds I'm afraid." He didn't glance at Lex - Alexa - no matter how tempting it was. They could have a good snigger together later on.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:30 pm
(KO)

She bit her lip as she looked at him, her expression playfully apologetic. "Really, nothing much has changed. We've just finally moved on neon colors, it seems. And peplums are back," she shrugged a little. Obviously much more had changed, but to go into full detail would be a bit much she (ironically) thought. "I was really lucky to have this one sent over... a lot of his new collections are very...'full' and 'big,' and it makes them harder to wear. And as overdressed as I already feel, I'm afraid it might be much worse in a full ball gown, you know?"

When he admitted to being something of a fashion design fan, she beamed, lifting a hand to tuck back a few strands of hair. "Ah, well I'm glad you get your pick. You design, then?" A brief pause, during which her smile faded a bit. "Ah, well... I modeled for years--never runway, as I'm...well, clearly too short for it-- but I had a nasty run in a Team Rocket member and her absol, among other things, that's sentenced me to a slight hiatus for the time being," she explained, quickly--but subtly-- looking for something other than a further explanation to latch onto. When he explained his line of work, she nodded, her question answered: he didn't design for a living, but perhaps just for fun? In any case, she nodded again. "I'm sure that's quite the career, though. Much needed, I should think."

The mew had now set its paws and chin on her shoulder as it settled in the fur of her wrap, its tail curling around her waist as it blinked curiously at the two new people it spoke with. It was fun, being out more now, since its trainer now deemed it tolerable; the league, and most of the people in Kodo, were now aware of their presence. She might as well let it loose.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:39 pm
As Dove decided to greet and speak to a couple people he didn't know, Yuri just stood there quietly observing.

As they started talking about fashion though, he just blinked dumbly and started to look around. He was quickly getting bored as he had no idea what they were talking about. The hell was a peplum?

This is why he hated upscale parties. Or well one reason anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:54 pm
Rosie blinked as Sera moved, Rosie turned to find her friend walking away. Rosie tilted her head but didn't think too much of it, very used to Sera's impulses by now, wondering if there were other reasons for her walking away.

At Clara's question though, the blond turned back to her, shifting her feet closer together.
"Oh, no, I don't think so." Rosie admitted "She was surprised, but we all were really, so." Rosie shook her head, "Its not like anything will change between us and her, she's our best friend."

As Clara let the pokemon out, Rosie stepped to the side to allow room.
If there had been any question who this person reminded her of, it was made very clear by the sight of the pokemon, two that she recognized.
She didn't say anything though, curious, but by no means questioning of Clara's choices or reasoning. It was her own reason.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:12 pm
Double Stripe looked over at the sound of a voice of his own kind reached him, large green eyes blinked and a tongue flicked out.

Vahy'n watched the group with a quiet contentment, enjoying listening to the conversation, though she was interrupted when from the corner of her eye she noticed someone sit down next to her, turning to see another Vaporeon, one she had not seen in quite a while.
she greeted with a note of surprise. lowering his fins light at his request glancing back to the group golden eyes fell onto the sylveons

Kiss Kiss perked up, smiling and putting her paws on her heart shaped cheeks when Dianna brought up hearts, snickering happily she bounced over to the small Eevee and nuzzled her cheek against the eevee's cheek  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:15 pm
"I know she's your best friend," Clara answered Rosie gently. "But sometimes it's the people you're closest to that you find hardest to talk to about certain things - especially when it involves them, because you don't want to risk harming or losing their friendship. Do you know what I mean?"

"I could be looking far deeper into things than they actually go. I often do that," she admitted, "But I think sometimes saying that nothing will change doesn't really provide all that much assurance. Some things can't be foreseen or controlled after all, right?" Clara sighed. "But I guess it's best not to worry about it. Even if I were right, I doubt there's anything either of you could do for her because of your positions as her best friends. Sometimes people need an outside party to talk to."  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:40 pm
The blond blinked at Clara, looking like she had no idea how to respond to his words.
Sera wasn't a very emotional person, She didn't talk about her feelings even if it was clear that she had them.
Rosie had talked to Sera about this before, and she knew it was strange to her and that she didn't really know what to think of it- but that never mattered.

Rosie smiled at Clara, folding her hands in front of her.
"I do understand what you mean, but really- there isn't anything to worry about. We've all been through a lot together and that won't change, if she needs to talk to us, then she knows she can, you're very thoughtful to think of her like that."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:38 pm
Fathom told Anastasia cheerfully.

Distance groaned, feeling awkward. If he'd never met her before, he had no business talking to her that way, especially in front of his daughter. She stepped up to greet Anastasia instead. She hadn't remembered ever coming into contact with another Umbreon herself, actually, let alone one with pink heart markings.

Fathom, a little put out by Distance, was ultimately glad that his daughter was speaking to someone. He turned to address Vahy'n instead. someone here, particularly an eeveeloution as sophistocated and charming as you. It makes me feel more important by association,> he told her proudly with a playful wink.

The Vaporeon smirked at Kiss Kiss's interaction with Diana before turning his attention to Jasmine. Vahy'n hadn't mentioned her, so Fathom went up to address her himself.

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:44 pm
Happa stood to one side, hesitant to approach Anastasia once he saw another Umbreon speaking to her. Still he was content just to watch her, sighing happily as he wrapped his tail about himself. At least until he saw Silly acting rude toward Double Stripe. Much as he hated to think of it, perhaps he'd have to intervene if Silly continued such behavior. He sure hoped not.

Supercilious commented, unimpressed as he observed Ray.

Clara nodded at Rosie. "Well if you're sure. And that's sweet of you to say so, but there's nothing very thoughtful about it. It was just a guess. I hardly know the girl." She turned back to look at the water. "Oh dear...it seems my date wasn't able to make it after all. Perhaps he'll show up later on."

"Why aren't you two going off and having fun?" she asked of Luke and Rosie. "Go on! Have a drink or something. Go take a dip in a hot tub! No need to linger around here just talking and listening to boring little ol' me."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:49 am
(KO, Dove )

A little compliment and her checks were in full bloom. Naïve little thing, not a blue blooded family then. Someone with new money, they tend to be a bit flashy. Not that she ever had that sort of money, but working as a beautician opened a vast network.

Was that a Mew? She restrained herself from looking at Kirk, they would have to have a talk. Clone legendries running about outside of members. And that explained it. Models. Fluffy air brained naïve over dressed and gaudy. Her preference ran to elegant and classic and well a bit heavy in the metallic lame’ cloths.

“I groom Pokémon and do beautician work, mainly nails.” Hair dye as well, but it was best when she had a Salon to work out of. More specialized equipment. “And my taste runs more to vintage styles.”  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:14 am
(Alexa, Dove)

Oh, a model? Well that explained a couple of things; the need to draw attention to herself, and where he'd seen her before. "So that's why I recognise you," Kirk said, eyebrows raising sightly in mild surprise. "I knew you looked familiar.... Tch, and it's not much of a career," he gave a little sneer and shook his head. "It brings in the money though, for now. One day I'll have enough saved to start my own tailoring business... who knows, I might even break into big league designing one day. I envy Alexa doing something she enjoys," he added, glancing now to his associate given he'd referred to her and giving her a little smile and a raise of his brows before turning back to Dove.

"Why the hiatus though? Your modelling I mean. Going full time against Team Rocket?" Another little tilt of his head, genuine bemusement and genuine interest. If he might end up battling this girl one day it would be sharp to find out as much about her as he could. It was a bit of a thrill to be here undetected amongst all of these good and noble league trainers actually, he'd almost brought Regent with him just to keep the stolen pokemon in his pokeball around poor clueless Dima. In the end however he'd decided against it, one careless fumble could expose him to the whole boat and that would really spoil his evening.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff