Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
"The Inquisitors." (Open and Accepting!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:55 pm
(OOC: Kay, so I'll post now so that things keep going, but please try to post soon everyone, since we are leaving pretty soon actually. sweatdrop )

James

James considered speaking a bit more before his train of thought was interrupted by the sound of Pendleton's voice. A slight smile crossed James's face as he turned to look at the old demon hunter. "Well, this isn't exactly the apocalypse, but it very well could become one if we don't take out Maximilian. And I suppose there isn't much more reason for you all to be here, so you may leave soon, after I complete this briefing."

Another voice, the voice of Morris this time, piped up about James and his feelings towards Camus. James rubbed his temples slightly at the whole ordeal. "Unfortunately, Camus is always excited. And you would be correct in assuming that this will be one of his first hands on assignments, though I assure you he is quite capable of himself. Despite his personality flaws."

Camus

Camus stuck out his tongue at the Grand Chancellor, but he quickly retracted as he noticed James turn his gaze ever so slightly to Camus. James was still very angry at Camus for the bit of 'trivia' he spouted, but Camus was too energetic to really get the insult behind what he had said. It wasn't intended to insult James, but it had.

James sighed slightly from Camus's antics again, but turned back to everyone as he heard Tessa speak. He nodded slightly in contemplation of what she had said. "I can give you some limited access for the time being, but unfortunately you don't have the time right now to be sitting in an office sifting through papers. I can get you any relevant information via a number of spies and informants." James paused as he looked to Camus again.

"Part of Camus's duties includes keeping in regular communication with me, so he will immediately inform me to anything you need or anything you have accomplished. As for me, I will get you all what you need as quickly as is possible." James turned his attention to Tessa more specifically now. "As for all information that is not relevant to the mission Ms. Lozi, you may have access to it when it seems appropriate. I simply cannot put your request ahead of the Empire and the safety of its people. But I assure you, you will have access to whatever is needed for the mission, and later we will work on getting you whatever information is not related to the mission."

Clearing his throat once more and taking a last look around the room, James prepared to say his last few words. "The train you will be catching is the twelve o'clock from Arelate. It's a luxury passenger train and will be here..." James checked a grand father clock at the side of the room. "Ah, in about a half an hour. Don't worry about taking the train though, you're just getting what is on it. And it would be best to let Camus deal with it, he'll know what you're getting."

James smiled slightly as if he was keeping some sort of joke to himself, but it wasn't anything to be concerned over. Well, not terribly concerned at least. If anybody wondered what it was, they would probably find out later. Of course, Camus wouldn't be too pleased one way or another. James looked back to everyone again. "I suspect you'll be spending a little time in Durelieus before leaving, I hope you don't mind. Please enjoy the city as much as you can before leaving. I know the smoke and steam aren't something many of you are fond of, but it still has many beautiful parts. Afterwards, I suspect you will find your way to your next target, but you'll all be able to discuss this very soon."

James looked to Camus and gave a slight nod. "Now if you will all excuse me, I have.... Matters to attend to, Camus will lead you all to where you need to be." James smiled at them all, somewhat sarcastic, but also somewhat genuinely before giving them a slight nod, or perhaps even a bow.

Camus smiled as he practically bounced over to Jack first, whipping out a key and unlocking his shackles quickly. He then made his way over to Pendleton as well and unlocked his shackles. Camus beamed at everyone as he got ready to speak. "Alrighty everyone! Please follow me if you will! Anyone who had their weapons removed will have them returned once we are at the outside palace gates." He ran to the back of the room and opened the doors for everyone, letting them all go through ahead of him.

Jack

Jack smiled slightly as his shackles came off, but his mind was still concerned with the idea of what was to come next. Everything was moving so quickly, too quickly for a gangster like him. He certainly wasn't as old as some of the other people here, like Pendleton, but he sure felt like he was. Jack stretched out and cracked his knuckles, and then his back as he began to follow Camus, but keeping near the back of the crowd. He looked back at James, who still had his eyes on everyone. James seemed to be reading each and every one of them simultaneously. Jack gave a slight nod to James, and James returned with one of his own. At this point in time, Jack felt practically invincible, albeit horribly vulnerable. He had the support of the most powerful man in the world right now, but that also meant he had the enemies of that man too now. Jack kept quite as he followed everyone.

(OOC: Alrighty folks! Time to get moving! Please post your final responses to the portion of us being in the room, and please allow your characters to make their ways to the front gates of the Palace. Don't worry about your transportation either, it will all be taken care of in one way or another. The Palace has many servants, and even still you can still pay a visit to the Palace to pick up your transport before we leave to the next area. The train station is within a reasonable walking distance, about 15 mins to a half hour walk, not much more than that. And it's easier to walk there to be honest, so Camus is going to be acting as your 'guide' as he helps you get to the train station. I await your replies as patiently as I can, but understand that I am pretty much jumping out of my seat in excitement right now. blaugh )  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:49 pm
Vincent

‘So it’s over now…’ the young man reached into his pocket and pulled out his watch, flipping the hunter case with the flip of his thumb and checking the time. ‘…!’

While spying on this grandest of meetings he had realized that he was overwhelmingly late for his job at the Junction rail. He nearly fell off the ledge in his panic but caught himself in time, making a noticeable clash against the wall when he avoided his fall. He nearly ran into Harold when trying to make his way out. He stopped and bowed his head politely to the elder most alchemist before saying a very quiet “Thank you”, before making his way past him and heading out the palace before anyone else noticed him.

He once again sneaked past the guards that patrolled the area with haste and tore quietly over the walls to make it to the palace gates. ‘I’m so dead…’

Crimson Isen

hunter-the wanderer

Enduring Defender

10,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:58 pm
Crimson
King of the skies

He watched them interact as he watched their reactions to his evolution he simply crossed his arms and waited looking to Pendleton he never truly gave any emotion to how the old man spoke to him even as the man with the happy attitude came in Crimson was still thinking about all the different personality traits that all of them had only catching on to a few words the man said, "trust" what did that word mean, he looked to Pendleton his head cocking to the side like he was curious,

"I do not know what that word means... trust, if you are referring to me killing you I would rather not kill you, I think it would be rather fun to fight these demons with you... with all of you" his tone of voice changed to a lighter one and his knowledge of their language still had gaps in it after all he was still a demon and they were just as alien to him as he was to them.

he continued to listen to them talk about his possible plans to bring his realm here "that would be interesting to see, part of my world here, going to be horrible for them though" he looked to them all as they were about to leave,

"the rest of you should know my limits at least, I cannot get close to my kin or they will attack me I can perform reconnaissance mostly ariel and i can see in the dark and body heat i also do not sleep however i do rest in the way you call meditation,but still i can do this if I do not get to close for two reasons one my brand marks me as an outsider to be treated like a second class citizen, the other" he sighs for a moment then slowly pulls his cloak back so the enchantment will show his wrists, showing them his wrists both of them have the same coloration yellow and orange glow that seems to follow his veins so far it is only in his alms and wrists, "this coloration shows that my evolution is drawing near and we as demons are told by the elders that any demon with these marks is to be killed immediately for that demon will destroy all other demons that come near it, they talk about it as if it is an infection and well I figure whatever is bad for us is good for you" when they all started to leave he would follow at the back next to jack but would remain silent unless asked a question.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:05 pm
(OOC: Don't know if I'll be able to reply right away, but I'm just heading off to the other place with the internets. XD I have work tonight as well, so I can reply then if anyone is up late and makes a post, and I'm really hoping you do or else I'll be horridly bored. sweatdrop )  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:24 pm
User Image
The Wolf Of Whitehaven

Aydan stayed well apart from the group listening silently as the conversation continued.She frowned slightly, her brow furrowing, when James mentioned the portals to hell opening, allowing demons to come through to their world and Moore's reply. One bloody thing after another.I swear to the gods I'm retiring after this.

She managed a half hearted smile at the young Camus making faces at the Chancellors back.Unintended insults and the bubbly attitude aside, she had to admit the guy had some amount of spunk, especially to be so...Zealous given the company he was in attendance with.It would prove to be interesting to say the least, if they all didn't end up killing each other.

Her curiosity had been raised though at the mention of the train and package, though she kept it to herself.They all had secrets, some would be revealed in time, others would not.Her mind started to wander as the man droned on about sightseeing in the city.There was ne person she knew she had to see before they left, and he'd arrived a little ahead of her "By discuss, I assume you mean receive our orders on how to deal with it."

She pushed away from the pillar as they were dismissed and gave the Chancellor a small nod, fallowing the group out but making sure to stay a few feet away.The mix of scents and emotions were starting to give her a headache.

((sorry for the crappy post.I'm not at my best at the moment >< ))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:36 pm
The Lady Reaper
((sorry for the crappy post.I'm not at my best at the moment >< ))

(OOC: It's okay, just glad you got to post! I'll have to hold off for a bit still, let a few others post, but hopefully I'll get something posted soon, or at least this evening.)  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:46 pm
Lord Sithious

((I meant to post yesterday but there weren't too many post after mine.I'll try and post again tonight if possible.))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:55 pm
The Lady Reaper
Lord Sithious

((I meant to post yesterday but there weren't too many post after mine.I'll try and post again tonight if possible.))

(Sounds good! I'm just kinda waiting on Korn and Kami Gear to post. I don't want them to fall behind or anything. Still, I'm excited for how things are going, and I am especially looking forward to picking up this "package" at the train station. wink )  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:00 pm
Lord Sithious

((Have you tried pming them to let them know?And I know the feling.I went about 8 hours for school and got online and was totally lost for a bit until I read the posts lol And I do believe you've gotten us all a bit curious on that one.))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:07 pm
The Lady Reaper
Lord Sithious

((Have you tried pming them to let them know?And I know the feling.I went about 8 hours for school and got online and was totally lost for a bit until I read the posts lol And I do believe you've gotten us all a bit curious on that one.))

(Yup, but I'm not sure if they've been on lately. Kami WAS just on a few moments ago, but he seems to be offline again. Maybe poor internet connection? BBC says a pretty big ice storm is supposed to be hitting the US, so that may be a cause. Yeah, I feel bad about that sometimes, but I'm glad you're on track now! Well, I hope so! My only concern now is hat all the curiosity actually pays off in the end. I've designed things to be... entertaining, but that's from my perspective. I only hope it's the same for everyone else. sweatdrop Oh, and PS, since I had to lay down this rule for me and Xela already, we should keep our purely OOC posts to the OOC thread, just so this one doesn't get too flooded and people get lost. xp And so the OOC thread gets some use too. xd )  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:37 pm
(OOC: Alrighty, I best be off to work now, but I should be on around 7pm at the latest (sushi restaurant closes at about 7:30), so I will be able to reply at some point tonight. xp Please continue to post everyone, just be aware to wait your turn still, just so everyone gets a chance to move forward. 3nodding And PS. Sorry to make another OOC post here and fill things up, but I figured you'd see it more quickly if I posted here. sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:28 pm
(OOC: GAH! Sorry for the radio silence!)

Enki Zosimos Johann Faust
Harold Dobbs
Nicholas Flamel Victor Frankenstein User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Elder-Most Alchemist

Harold was slightly taken aback by being shushed by such a young mortal. Usually, even without his identity known, more wariness was used to approach him. But this boy just told him to pipe down. Harold couldn't tell if he was infuriated or immensely impressed. So, rather than alert the others to the interloper's presence or leave the audacious lad, he decided to remain up in the rafters with him to watch both the youth and his soon-to-be compatriots below. It was always refreshing to view a new equation, whether literal or metaphorical, from high above. It broadens perspective considerably.

And so Harold sat and watched. Watched the demon burst in and weave his tale, watched the she-wolf and the curious girl have their first spat, watched that obnoxious twit of a boy bustling and crooning about, watched the soldiers and the zealot make comments but no action, and watch the Boy King allowing his soldiers to mingle before shipping them off to their slaughter.

When the boy in the rafters barged by him, Harold could not help but give a tiny nod to him as he whispered an ever so soft, "Thank you."

And still Harold remained until James declared it time they depart. From there, Harold took his cue to descend. Rather than stealthily returning to earth, Harold took the opposite approach of his ascent and simple jumped down. He propelled himself toward the door the valet, Camus, was awaiting them by, gifting his body with a small amount of levitative magic so that he glided above the others, lightly touching down a few feet from Camus. His compatriots seemed to be electing a distanced following, so Harold took it upon himself to be a the head of the procession. Upon touch down, Harold drew up his hood and called out without a glance back, "Farewell, Boy King! May lesser omens befall you than they will us. We'd like an intact domain to return to. If we do return."

User Image  

Korn On A Stik

Bashful Codger

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:07 pm
Korn On A Stik
(OOC: GAH! Sorry for the radio silence!)

(OOC: No worries! Now we must wait upon a few others though, but hopefully they won't take too long. sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:54 pm
User Image
Tessa Lozi

Not bothering to disguise her pleasure, Tessa smirked at the exchange between The Chancellor and his valet, Camus. The scent of irritation was rolling off of the man, especially when Camus stuck his tongue out. The Chancellor sighed, and directed his attention to Tessa, who was still smiling.

"I can give you some limited access for the time being, but unfortunately you don't have the time right now to be sitting in an office sifting through papers. I can get you any relevant information via a number of spies and informants."

Tessa’s brow quirked. The way he said “relevant” felt a little condescending. “That will be fine,” she said curtly. She was a professional. She knew the timing was bad for desk research, so of course she’d meant on-the-go resources and connection to networks. She glanced at Camus and nodded to him. “And thank you, he’ll be a help, I’m sure.”

"As for all information that is not relevant to the mission Ms. Lozi, you may have access to it when it seems appropriate. I simply cannot put your request ahead of the Empire and the safety of its people. But I assure you, you will have access to whatever is needed for the mission, and later we will work on getting you whatever information is not related to the mission."

Tessa stared at the Chancellor, stone faced, but her fingers pressed into the fabric over her hips, turning white as she controlled her roaring conniption inside. Blood crept into her cheeks, flushing beneath her make up.

It seemed the Chancellor was unaware. He explained impassively which train they were going to visit for this mysterious package. She had made it a point not to ask what it would be.

The Chancellor dismissed them, giving them a slight nod, and Camus began calling their attention. Tessa made to follow, then, as if chancing upon a side thought, turned back with a venomous smile. “Oh, your Excellency, I have just one thing to add.”

She stepped towards his desk, lowered her chin, and let the smile drop, as well as her voice. “When I take a job, I extend a large amount of choice to my client. It’s courteous to return that. It’s an embarrassment to be accused of misusing information in such an urgent time.” She closed her eyes and dipped into a slight curtsey. “Forgive my insolence for saying this, but I expected manners better than the common loud mouthed rogue, to say such a thing before my colleagues.”

Her fury running hot in her veins, she spun on her heel, clacking away without letting him answer. Full of wounded and salted pride, Tessa stomped up next to Camus, willing her blushing face to die down.  

Cement Cake

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:40 pm
Pendleton Moore, Ex-executioner of the Wicked

Pendleton was glad when Camus finally snapped the shackles off of him. Rubbing his wrists, he plodded off after Camus, sticking near to the front of the group, next to Camus. The lad was like a cherub, all beamy and innocent. It was a shame he was probably going to be torn limb from limb first. Glancing over across Camus's shoulders, he noticed the Alchemist, and figured now would be as good a time as any to settle his mind.
"So, how's a terrifying vampire like yourself get stuck in the service of the monarchy? Lose a bet or something?"

Colonel Lowsley and his aide, Captain Morris

Lowsley took note of Mrs. Lozi's staying behind to exchange no doubt angry words with the Chancellor. It seemed he was staring to annoy her, or something. That woman, train-wreck, no pun intended, of emotions. Taking mental note of the train they had to catch, the Colonel saluted the Chancellor before walking off to join the group, sticking in the middle it seemed. Captain Morris remained at his left, judging by the sound of his heavier boots on the flooring. He wondered what could be on the train, as it was unlikely anything too conspicuous could be stowed aboard a luxury train. It also begged the question why they were'nt taking it somewhere, but staying within the city. And a talk of a second target... Did that imply the first target was here? Maybe the target was on the train.... Too many possibilities. Mrs. Lozi walked past the soldiers on the way up to the front, somewhat annoyed looking.
"So Lowsley, what do you think of this group?"
Captain Morris kept his voice low, obviously not wanting to draw any attention. Lowsley simply threw the question back at him.
"Well, what do you think Captain?"
Morris didn't hesitate to respond,
"Well, first opinions you know, but pretty capable of handling themselves. I fear you won't be getting to excise the level of command you usually do, but they all seem to be unique individuals. Sounds almost like a bad joke, a fanatical zealot, street thug, gender-neutral assassin, warrior woman, tiger bodyguard, half-demon, demon, Alchemist, a over-enthusiastic lad, a high-strung noblewoman, and two damned soldiers go off on a quest...."
Lowsley coughed softly, and scratched his neck.
"Not a bad joke, just an elaborate one. Though I can't help but feel bad for the high-strung noblewoman. Her request for information, and her subsequent reaction to it being denied, she's desperately searching for something precious, and I doubt it's material wealth."
Morris looked at the Colonel, as quizzically as he could with a gas mask on, before turning his gaze to Mrs. Lozi.
"Where'd you get all that?"
The Colonel shrugged.
"Reminds me of something I've seen before."  
Saved RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out