Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
1x1--KetchupMan & LoverlyJessica Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:56 am
User Image

"Thank you," she said softly, her voice sounding thick. She wrapped her arms around his body, forcing herself not to cling too tightly. She could hear his heart beat, and decided to focus on that, rather than her earlier distress. His heart beat was fast, but had a soothing rhythm. It was strange; she felt more comfort in his arms than her tea had ever given her.

Imiar was sure she would have fallen asleep right then and there if she hadn't cleared her throat softly, saying: "You don't want your tea to get cold. Finish it; it will help with any injuries or soreness." She lingered in his embrace for only a moment longer before gently removing herself from him to return to her own tea.

She missed the warmth of him immediately, but knew better than to become too attached. She cleared her throat once more, slightly louder this time. "Tomorrow, we will seek out my former employer for bounties. It should be a few days, at least, until they find me again." She was sure she didn't need to specify who 'they' are. With that, she finished off her tea and began cleaning up after herself.

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:16 am

Ukitake gently let her go as she returned to her own cup of tea. He went back to sitting on the stool, sipping his tea as he pondered about how the once ferocious dark elf he met at first was actually a gentle and kind soul.

He nodded at her suggestion, yawning again of of exhaustion. Night had fallen after a day's work of bounty hunting and family feuds. Ukitake finished his tea with one last satisfied gulp, as he helped Imiar clean up.

LoverlyJessica

KetchupMan

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:35 am
User Image

Imiar finished cleaning up and walked over to the wardrobe, pulling out the blankets and pillows rescued from her former home. She laid one set out on the floor before fixing a set on the couch. She quickly claimed the set that she'd laid out on the floor, wanting him to sleep on the couch. Imiar decided to forego changing into her mother's old sleeping gown. She wanted to be prepared in case she miscalculated how soon her people would find her again. Laying her sword next to her, she shifted in her armor to find a comfortable position, and quickly fell asleep. "Goodnight Ukitake," she murmured.

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:44 pm

He watched wide-eyed as she made her "bed", as she went to sleep with her armor on. He slowly crept to the entrance of the new/old home, unsheathing his blade. Enemies could be near, so he'd keep as eye out as her wounds healed. Ukitake luckily left unscathed from the last mission, and thought now would be a good time to practice his swordsmanship.

Drawing his katana, he took a few swings. Some side to side, some from above, others from below, striking the air as if finishing off an enemy. He paused for a moment as he held out his blade with his arm. The hilt of the blade contained a design that seemed to have nine tails, all looking the same but fanned out. He touched the ingrained design as he ran his palm across the blade. It suddenly light up as it became engulfed in flames.

"Dance, Kyuubi" he command his blade.

The flames became even stronger, providing a large glowing source of fire. He summoned a practice dummy with a seal made on his free hand, as he slashed it from all directions, burning it with each strike. Luckily, the dummy was fireproof so Ukitake could practice to his heart's content. This was the specialty of his clansmen, imbuing swords with unique abilities. His happened to be controlled flames.

LoverlyJessica

KetchupMan

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:47 pm
User Image

Imiar slept surprisingly soundly, considering the events of the previous day. When she woke the next morning, she glanced at the couch, only to see that the blankets and pillows hadn't been touched. She pursed her lips before she sat up, rubbing her neck to see that the claw marks had mostly faded. "Ukitake?" she called, yawning sleepily.

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:25 pm

Ukitake walked in all bright and cheery with several loafs of bread and some jam. He saw Imiar wake up as he flashed a smile.

"You're going to get back pain sleeping in that, missy."

He worked in the 'kitchen' as he took out two plates and fanned out several pieces of bread on them. Formed a few seals, he palmed his hand over the bread, making toast on the spot.

"Breakfast?", he said cheerfully.

LoverlyJessica

KetchupMan

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:37 pm
User Image

Imiar stared at him incredulously. Snorting, she retorted, "And you're going to collapse in the middle of collecting a bounty because you don't sleep." She amusedly nodded her agreement to breakfast as she rose from her makeshift bed, carefully folding the sheets and placing them back in the wardrobe. Doing the same with the others, she noticed the missing piece from her wrist guard, which reminded her of the dent in her shin guard, which reminded her that she needed to get her armor fixed. Imiar huffed in annoyance as she placed the other set of bedding into the wardrobe. As he prepared breakfast, she stripped off her armor until she was left in the chainmail, figuring she'd get all of it fixed up at once.

She collected an appropriate some of gold from her stash and set it down next to the armor--that would be the first thing they did in town today. She felt strange when not wearing her armor, and she also wanted to have it in pristine condition when she approached her former employer.

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:29 pm

"I'll live." he replied playfully. It was true he was tired, as he was practicing his swordsmanship the entire night. There were a few burn marks along his arm that he covered up with by wearing an extra fishnet shirt over his ninja top.

Ukitake piled on more toast on top of toast. He bought enough for three meals worth, but he was starving after his training. There was a small bowl with a knife to spread elvish jelly he got from a local store. He sat down on a stool while crossing his legs, helping himself to a helpful of toast.

"Feeling better?", he asked genuinely.

LoverlyJessica

KetchupMan

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:41 am
User Image

She nodded, for she was feeling better-- back to her usual spunky self. Imiar arched a brow as she grabbed a piece of toast from atop the large pile. She paused when she noticed that the jelly was elvish."You seem to enjoy my people's cuisine," she mused aloud, "Well, except for the lack of meat, of course."

Imiar took a bite of her toast, deciding to brief him on her plans for today. "Today, we need to stop by and see an old friend of mine," She winked, adding: "I didn't choose this location arbitrarily you know." She paused to take another bite of her toast, "From there, we will seek out my former employer. Please let me do the talking. He's a shrewd man--gave me s**t nearly everyday. However, he did tell me that I was welcome to return at any time." She shrugged, before continuing, "He will most likely grate on your nerves, but pay him no mind."

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:19 pm

((Oh man, I've been gone all day. @___@ Working out. My apologies ><))

"It is quite... exquisite, I'll admit. But nothing replaces meat for sure", he replied.

He nodded as her suggestion, though he knew she meant business when mentioning her former employer. It was best he didn't run his mouth, but to hide in the corner again.

He took another piece of toast and listened intently to her game plan. Ukitake began to put his plate away, grabbing his sword and his vest. It was time to get back to work, despite his lack of sleep. He would last at most twelve hours but any more he would pass out.

LoverlyJessica

KetchupMan

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:26 pm
User Image
((It's totally alright! I've been out pretty much all day too!))

Imiar finished her piece of toast in silence, lost in her thoughts. It'd been a while since she'd seen either of the two creatures she'd be seeing today--she idly wondered if they'd changed much.

As she popped the last bite in her mouth, she stood gracefully and collected her armor in a cloth. She carefully wrapped it up, grabbing the sum of gold she'd laid next to it.

"Ready?" She asked Ukitake, heading towards the door.

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:15 pm

"Let's do this."

He picked up his forehead protector from the table and tied it around his head. Ukitake wasn't quite sure why he still wore it, but it was just out of habit to have it on. He slipped his mask back on to cover his nose and mouth, and headed out with Imiar.

Ukitake then stopped to ask a rather urgent question, "Imiar, where does your source of protein come from... if you don't have meat?"

LoverlyJessica

KetchupMan

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:33 pm
User Image

Imiar continued her pace through the sand, but turned to look at him skeptically, "I think the lack of sleep is starting to get to you, my friend." She smirked, looking back in the direction of the desert city she'd called home many years prior. "If you must know, Elves require less protein than other races--especially humans. What protein we do need, we get in sufficient amounts from our diet. Meat is not the only source of protein, Ukitake." She spoke as if she was delivering harsh news to a small child, still smirking.

They soon reached the city gate, from which Imiar headed North, towards a large blacksmith shop.

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:48 pm

"Nonsense! I am fully awake. I was just curious." he replied.

Ukitake stared at the weapons from the blacksmith shop, picking up a few on display. No throwing stars here, but plenty of overly sized hammers, scythes, and axes. The blacksmith was an orc, hammering away in clothes singed all over.

The blacksmith stopped working for awhile to greet his guests. "Well, what can I do for ya?", he said with a deep raspy voice.

LoverlyJessica

KetchupMan

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:12 pm
User Image
She rolled her eyes at Ukitake, before addressing her orc friend: "I see business is booming, Yahg. Your shop is much larger than it was those many years ago."

Yahg stared at her for a moment, before saying, "Imiar?" He paused as she nodded, "Well, I'll be--! It's been too long kiddo! Look at you now, all grown up!" He left his work briefly to give Imiar a tight hug, "Now, where's that nice armor I crafted for ya?"

Imiar actually looked slightly sheepish as she handed him the cloth her armor was wrapped in, "I actually need it touched up. It's got a few dents and missing pieces..." She pursed her lips, preparing for his reaction.

The orc unwrapped her armor, clucking his tongue like a disappointed mother, "My dear girl, you must come see me more often! Although, this small amount of damage for the many years it's been? That's impressive." He quickly set to work on fixing her armor, not even asking for payment up front, as he usually does.

"You certainly haven't changed, Yahg." She said softly. Revealing the bag of gold, she gathered the appropriate sum and placed it on his workbench for his appraisal, "This should cover your troubles."

The orc glanced at the payment and then at her, before sighing, "You know I can't accept that."

Imiar snorted, "You can, and you will." Wanting to change the subject before he could protest further, she pulled Ukitake towards her. "This is my friend...partner?" She paused with a perplexed expression, not exactly sure what she should introduce him as. "Anyway, his name is Ukitake. I must tell you, that armor would be more damaged if it were not for him." She grinned proudly.

((Please feel free to control Yahg, as well! I'd just had plans for the blacksmith so that's why I jumped in sweatdrop ))
KetchupMan

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces