Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Makko Shore Festival Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:01 am
Jace would find a Luvdisc on the end of his line!  
Tori Honoo generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 24!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:11 am
Though he couldn't help a flash of disappointment, the boy drew the Luvdisc in and unhooked it from his line, offering it a smile and patting it gently before he released it back into the sea. It was cute, but he wasn't a big fan of fishy Pokemon. Once it was gone, he mused that maybe his mom would have liked it, but... There could be dragons out there! Thus, he cast his line again.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:14 am
Jace would find a Luvdisc on the end of his line!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:46 am
When his next catch turned out to be another Luvdisc, the boy inwardly sighed but smiled nonetheless and caught the small fish before stepping closer and releasing it from it's new ball to introduce himself to his new teammate.

Dove watched fondly, giving Yuri a small smile as the boy talked to the Pokemon and assured it he would take care of it.

After a few good long minutes of simply getting to know each other, Jace called it back into its ball and returned to the adults, smiling brightly. "I think we're gonna be good friends. Maybe I'll take her swimming later, too, when I can actually get in the water!" People were fishing here, afterall, and while he would like nothing better than to play with his new friend, it wasn't exactly safe.

His plan made, he went to kneel before the dratini again, petting Repede's head on his way. "So what's it's name? Is it a boy or girl one? Oh, wait!"

Nik leaned back as the boy jumped up and instead stepped toward his skiddo instead. This young trainer was all over the place, he noted. He imagined he hadn't seen this much enthusiasm in a child in quite a while, but given the festivities around them, maybe it wasn't too out of place...

"This is Geo!" Jace announced, petting the skiddo's head fondly. "Sorry for not introducing you earlier, buddy..."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:59 pm
Suudonym
Shaddaling

Dith nodded his agreement with Lex's explanation. "Da, you don't get so very many wild pokemon in the cities - and if they cause trouble they tend to get moved on fast - but they can be dangerous if you surprise them and don't have your own pokemon. I hardly go anywhere without Viktor." Dith gestured to the Espeon who was now sitting on the edge of the jetty a short distance away, peering into the water; Dith smiled. "Though I guess I take him everywhere with me more for the company than thinking about protection. Pokemon are good to have around you."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:04 pm
Three short sharp blasts on a whistle would be followed by an announcement: "Fishing is now closed! Thank you for your participation; you may keep whatever you have caught, and congratulations! It seems like there were a lot of whoppers in there! Please enjoy the rest of the festival!"

(OOC: The festival continues, but rolling for fish is no longer available! Thank you everyone for making that a lot of fun to do! ^.^)  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:35 pm
Lex, Dith

So there were pokemon all over the place, and it was good to be prepared, but Shoyo assumed that it wasn't that dangerous since he had been living in the region without incident for several months, but then he had also stayed well within the confines of the city, which apparently had a lot to do with it. "So first I gotta catch a lot of pokemon," he concluded, his expression clearly showing the difficulty he was having in sequencing his thoughts. He had his Hawlucha, so he was at least past square one, and that would probably make catching other pokemon easier since he would be able to battle... "Or, wait, is getting better at battling first? Or... Hrrmm..."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:56 pm
Lyra

It'd be an adventure, if nothing else, Lu thought; he wasn't so sure he wanted to train the Luvdisc. He thought it'd have a much happier life of leisure being more of a pet... that, and Lu wasn't sure it was strong enough to really throw into battle. "O-oh, right, sunhats... I'd like that, getting a hat. I'm thinking one of the big, floppy ones... like, extra big. I have a big head." He said, offering a small smile.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:45 pm
Vincent

"I've taken care of the medication." Andre said lightly, idly dusting off his hands. "Since I knew Vincent wouldn't bother to bring any." He never could understand why the blond just seemed to rush straight into things without really thinking it through. Honestly, without the medicine, if he did happen to come into contact with a shellfish he would probably die before anyone could do anything about it. And that simply wasn't acceptable. "You really should carry the proper medication in case of an emergency." Zacharie huffed as he cradled Peldes close to his chest and picked his way down towards the water.

Andre scoffed lightly at Vincent's dramatics, "I didn't think it mattered." That was a lie; everything about Zacharie mattered. What he meant was, he didn't think it was important to Vincent. He rolled his eyes and shrugged as he trailed after the two. Zacharie on the other hand was actually fairly excited about this discovery. He often had to figure out how to use right handed tools with his left hand alone but now he had the blond to show him without having to switch everything around to make it work! "Yes, alright. This is very exciting." He bounced on his toes until the Absol in his arms swatted at his face.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:03 pm
Dith and Shoyo

“Well, catching pokemon and battling are not mutually exclusive. You tend to learn how to battle better as you catch pokemon.” He learned quite a bit as he had traveled. “Have some friendly training sessions with your friends.”  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:10 pm
Shoyo & Lex

"Mmmmh, also true!" Dith nodded at Lex, pausing then for a moment to stifle a yawn. "Ah, sorry, excuse me; it's been a long several days. Anyway though," he nodded to Shoyo, "you do learn as you get more pokemon but I think it may be as well to begin with just a couple? Then you can get the basics down and get a feel for whether you might enjoy training a certain kind of pokemon. Battle of course is not the only thing, there are contests too and there are races and suchlike for all kinds of pokemon! I'm afraid that I don't know a lot about contests myself though so if you were interested in that you would have to find helps elsewhere."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:22 pm
Lu

Lyra laughed softly. "I wouldn't say big. You're face is a tad long but it suits your frame." He did seem to be all limbs, towering a good foot above her. "Does it run in your family? My sibling and I, well, we do tend to be on the shorter side." Lex, well, he was simply an inch taller then her.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:53 pm
Lyra & Lu

"I think it suits him very well too," KO put in, drifting up by his roomate's elbow with the smoothness and abruptness of an unexpected cat. The red-haired man was smiling his usual lazy smile and holding a hollowed out pineapple with several straws in it along with a paper umbrella and a few clear plastic sticks with fruit on them.

KO sucked lightly on a straw as he studied Lu's companion and though that casual smile of his didn't so much as flicker internally KO frowned; she looked mighty familiar, had he met her before? If he had then in what context? Humm.

"Lu, you must introduce me to your friend," KO raised the pineapple at Lyra, "I'm Kirk, a friend of Lu's if that wasn't clear."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:03 pm
Lex, Dith

Shoyo nodded, brow furrowed in concentration. "So maybe first... I should get battling figured out, and then look for a partner for Giant, and then battle more to get stronger and think about what kinds of pokemon I want to train." He nodded again; that sounded like a good plan. And if Dima was going to help him learn more about training and battling - presumably at a time when he was less sleepy-looking - then he even knew the specifics of his first step. It felt kind of weird to have such a good idea of what he was going to do; it was sort of eerie.

"Ohh, I've seen contests online!" he replied, thinking back to the videos. "They were neat and all, but they were all showy and stuff. I like battling better because it's all actiony!" He punched at the empty air in emphasis. "I've never heard of races, though - that sounds cool too!"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:16 pm
Lyra, KO

"Oh..." Lu scratched his cheek, a little flustered. "Uh- y-yeah, we're all pretty tall. My mom is short though, she's only 6' tall... everyone else is pretty tall." He gave a sheepish laugh, "I'm not the tallest, eith- eek!" Lu let out a very graceful, totally manly squeak when KO just... appeared next to him. Geez! Lu's heart felt like it'd jumped into his throat; how did KO manage to do that? If Lu tried to sneak up on somebody, he'd probably trip over his own feet...

"K-Kirk, hello! I didn't know you'd be, um, here-" He said, voice a few octaves higher than it was moments ago. It shouldn't surprise him, though. Putting a hand over his chest to calm himself, Lu looked from KO to Lyra. "This is, um, Lyra... we bumped into each other here. Caught Luvdiscs...erm..." Ah, geez, this was too much social interaction for him...  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff