Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Crack the glass [ Lex & Tambrey] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:11 am
Tambrey gave a nod, but smiled anyway; it would be interesting rather than a true necessity, and the scope of equipment and time would be a limiting factor, but she suspected if someone could manage their time, and gain permission, it would be an interesting personal project, though a little out of her scope of study. Still, she could imagine it being of some use regarding welfare of specimens in tanks... which wasn't really a big Rocket concern, unfortunately.

"Oh. Uh. Heh. I'm sometimes not sure of where I have been, now." Tambrey admitted; when you were on a mission, you tended to compartmentalize the information you had, and use it when you needed to... Or, at least, she did; it left destinations she'd visited as facts she couldn't recall directly from the top of her head.
"But, uh, there were some papers regarding dreams. I believe it played more into a psychic energy study than anything else, to be honest but the writers of those papers made some rather unsubstantiated, and, thus far as far as I know have only ever been reproduced in the labs the papers originate from. I have my doubts about it." Tambrey explained, than gave a smirk and a shrug.
"Of course my, um, field is all biological; neurology is a shallow skill set for me, to, um, put it charitably but I've worked with a few neurologists now, and my work has led me to study it a fair bit in relation to, uh, a couple of projects... It has left me skeptical to, uh, claims like theirs."

Tambrey thought about the breakouts and shook her head.
"A couple were before my time here. The last Mewtwo incident, at, um, the previous HQ, though... I remember that." She even had a souvenir, in the form of her Rotom, Gauntlet, from that day... She shuddered a little. "We've worked very hard to make sure that, uh, won't happen again. Hrm," Her attention was drawn to Franklin, and she blew out an amused huff "little showoff... She, um, can be when she's not being a pain."

<< I'm never a pain!>> Retorted the little psychic, having swallowed her fruit. She then made to swoop, and loop around Percy's neck before hovering in front of him. <>

<< She's a psychic type. She uses psychic energy to levitate.>>
Ella grumbled an explanation, as though she felt 'I float!' was not a very good one.

"Mhm. Yes you are." Tambrey replied, almost automatically, but fondly, before giving a nod to Lex. "I've, um, yet to get a water type. It's something I've been considering recently as it's, um, well, probably the biggest 'gap' in my team. I'm a bit busy to focus on it lately, but, um, the very near future, I'll do something about that. What kinds have you raised?"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:34 am
"Might have to dredge those up for a read through," Lex mused, making a mental note to look up Unovan and sleep experiments. "Well, Percy shares a bit with Roulette and Ran, serpentine pokemon." He nodded watching the Milotic shift to keep track of Franklin's energetic loops.

"Roulette a Dragonair now, so she more mammalian then most of the water type I raised. And less aquatic then she was as a Dratini. I had a shellder for a bit but I traded them off when I was younger.. I don't think I even nicknamed them." Lex gave a tiny lip twitch.

"But Ran, I caught as a Magikarp and spent three years working with her till she evolved into a Gyarados. I was fifteen and had this twenty some foot of angry temperamental pokemon staring at me and I am lucky she remembered who I was."

<> He replied, a bit amused and leaned forward, gently nudging the Jirachi with his nose.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:11 am
Tambrey made no comment any than a slight shrug and quirk of her lips upon Lex's desire to dig out and read the papers; aside from how they actually /did/ anything, she knew that the information, and the papers themselves, could be easily accessed within the archives. It simply wasn't a very useful topic for Team Rocket from most perspectives, however.

"Ran?" Tambrey queried, before being treated to the explanation.
She blinked a little as Lex called Dragonair 'mammalian', and tilted her head quizzically.
"Um. Mammalian?" She couldn't help but query; she'd never heard, nor could think of anything she'd found, or seen reported, to tip them into the category.

"Hm. That must still have been quite, um, unnerving. Do you still have her?" She didn't remember seeing a report of a Gyarados under a grunt's control but then, she didn't know every pokémon on base everywhere... Still, she'd have been surprised to learn so if Lex still did have Ran; it certainly wasn't a genome they had fully sequenced, or, at least, had access to in Kodo yet.

Franklin giggled, as she was nudged, and back-flipped, showing off, and spiraling in the air; she did like to show off.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:12 pm
"Well perhaps not so much mammalian as dinosaur..." Lex mused, thinking back. "Pokemon are hard to classified because they are all egg layers and all seem to have internal thermal regulations and the evolution are hard to place. Dratini and Dragonair both are found mostly in or around water, semi aquatic at the very least. Dratinis shed their skin with their growth a process they share with snakes."

Lex ran a hand through his curls, tangling his fingers in thought. "Dragonite though has ball socket hip joints, open socket if you will which allows them their upright posture, which makes it more mammalian or dinosaur then amphibian or reptile. We could consider them related to Dolphins and other water mammals since they do not have hair." He kicked his feet and shrugged. "Pokemon are a pain to attempt to fit into any classification."

"And no, Ran either wild now or died. I let a friend borrow her for an important assignment." He sighed. "Sort of miss her and it was unnerving at fifteen staring up as Poke you are use to being two feet in height."

<> Percy replied, watching in surprise.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:54 pm
"... I, uh, see what you're getting at, but I wouldn't really place Dragonite in the, uh, dinosaur or the mammalian category. Shedding one's skin is a trait found in, uh, amphibians too. Personally, I've, uh, always though of the whole Dratini line to be somewhat amphibious. The classification that way does get, um, a little awkward when it comes to Dragonite," She admitted with a nod "though when you, uh, consider the egg groups, it still rather holds water, pun intended." She couldn't help but grin at her own pun; she liked puns.
"Morphologically, you're, uh, right about the hips, though, um, most dinosaurs don't actually have a ball in that socket, unlike most mammals. Still, it's an intriguing factor when considering classification. Pokémon are very hard to classify traditionally with the Linnaeus method... I'm not so sure about mammalian either though, when it comes to Dragonite; they have that pair of wings and, um, are very flight capable, but they're certainly not birds or bats. I'd propose that amphibian remains, uh, the most likely classification though it's certainly got plenty of issues." She shrugged and kicked her feet again gently. "As hard to classify as they are, and, um, as little as we know about them, they are rather wonderful though." Tambrey smiled, and watched Percy watching Franklin, before her expression turned sympathetic.
"I'm sorry to hear that... If she's wild though, perhaps, um, one day she'll find her way back to you?"

<< Okay!>> Franklin beamed, and repeated the backflip, and then added some more twists and twirls and her levitation play, very happy to show off.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:12 pm
"I thought I got off there... I know birds, mammals, and dinosaurs do have a much more developed hips then amphibians and reptiles allowing for upright posture but I though I some how got myself twisted about." Lex shrugged and stretched, fingers curling.

"Which is probably why we simply keep to type classification to keep from giving ourselves a headache trying to fit things into the Linnaues methord classification systems."

He nodded. "I hope she is, and perhaps someday we'll end up finding each other again. I still have Howl from my early training days, so that helps." He certainly had added to his team since he first came to them.

"What sort of water type were you thinking of?" He asked, curious. "Each have benefits and problems... Percy's size is going to be a restrictive I'm going to have to work with."

<> Perceptor question, tail flickering in thought.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:56 pm
"Mhm. But each time those hip structures are very different to each other. Ours is a ball and joint style hip, and, um, well, we are mammals. I don't think Dragonite shares enough of our other characteristics to join us though... And nothing but a bird has a hip close enough to bird to truly call it bird-like..." But at least that left 'bird pokémon easy to classify... "Honestly, yes, um, the egg group system, the 'species' labeling, as awkward as those are," Honestly what had some of the scientists who'd granted these 'species' labels been thinking? Tambrey resisted the urge to shake her head "and, uh, the typing, are the best forms of classification we have."

Tambrey smiled, refraining from commenting on the hope, as there wasn't much more to say there; she hoped so too, of course, but it would have sounded a little odd, she thought, to say it out loud.
"Crobat. Definitely one I agree on the merits of." She thought, aloud, placing 'Howl' in her memory, though also seeking confirmation she'd recalled correctly.
"Oh, uh. Sharpedo would be the, uh, obvious one. I did ponder evolving my Eevee toward Vaporeon, but, um, he's probably not going that way. He doesn't seem very fond of water at all and I'm, uh, not going to force him. I don't know yet, though. I'm more inclined to something small myself. Um. I'll see what I can do in the next few weeks. I have, um, three in mind, including, uh, one of his species," She gestured at Percy "but like I said, I'm more inclined toward something smaller."

<< For as long as you can swim!>> Boasted Franklin, which was both true and untrue... She could remain floating just above the ground almost indefinitely, but the swoops and turns, and altitude and fancy moves would tire her out fast.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:13 pm
"True, Dragonite has the bipedal structure but their legs are more structure for supporting their weight then being able to travel any distance and they have their tail for better balance..." He hummed slightly considering.

"The species classification are rather awkward, horribly so when the evolution line has several different. Typing and eggs group system are slightly better."

"Sharpedo do have a lot of benefits and is a rather common one for the organization. You likely have plenty of information on them to know an idea of their habits. Vaporeons are nice, my sister has one, she is rather sweet. Milotics are the very definition of not small." Lex gave a slight hum of thought.

"Are you considering the starter lines? They all start off as small but tend to much larger evolution if you end up in need of a heavy weight. Though I'm sure Ella fills that role fantastically."

<> Percy question.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:35 pm
"It's an interesting development for the conclusion of that line. They, um, walk fine, and yet... Flight. I never did like the 'species' part of the system," Tambrey admitted "it doesn't even make sense from the very definition of 'species'. It', um, not a classification I may much attention to. Species is, uh, to me, what a species is. A Squirtle is a species, and it's evolutionary line are a part of that species... " She shrugged "That just seems easiest for me, um, unless I have document things 'officially' of course..."

She watched the Milotic and gave a nod.
"They are big..." Likely too big, really, for the sort of creature she was envisioning adding to her team "Sharpedo are common, yes; they have a proven track record. I may go with one. I did consider some starters, Aulus has, uh, Thanatos, who seems very capable." And rather sweet, she added mentally "I feel I'll go for something, um, more genuinely aquatic. Uh. Fish-like. We'll see." She'd probably browse the genome list in a couple of days and settle on one of the three options she had in mind, though, after seeing Percy's size, it had rather dwindled to two, if she was being honest with herself.

<< Of course I am sure!>> Persisted Franklin, attempting to circle Percy's head.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:04 pm
"Ugh, I was thinking of the classification dealing with the biological aspects which should end up relatively the same such as Squirtle is a Tiny Turtle Pokemon but Blastoise is a Shellfish pokemon. Apologies, I haven't actually had a lot of chances to talk to people about classifications."

Lex nodded. "There are a few true aquatic Pokemon to choose from. Not sure which of them the lab has the genome for though. But most of the true aquatics tend to be on the smaller side. Considering how many fish species are around, you would think we would have more fish Pokemon."

<> Percy question, trying to keep the floating legendary in sight.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:27 pm
Tambrey winced.
"Exactly... 'Shellfish' pokémon..." She sighed and shook her head. "Don't worry. It's one of the banes of our world, that particular system. Um, anyway... Well, we have, uh, Feebas, obviously, Carvanha, and, um, Luvdisc." She frowned, seeking them out of her memory; the three options she'd been considering. She suspected, though, it was more two options now.
"I, um, always rather liked Finneon personally, and, um, Corsola. Hopefully, one day we'll, uh, get those genomes."

<>  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:38 pm
"It is enough to wonder if they had gotten high the night before and scribbled down what ever came to mind." Lex nodded, knowing two of the types well and paused at Luvdisc. "Don't remember what Luvdisc looks like for sure but I think it is pink?"

"And small."

Percy snorted and gently spat a stream of water at Franklin.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:08 pm
Tambrey smirked.
Well.
It was pink.
"It's small enough," She confirmed "and it's, uh, heart-shaped. I'd, uh, probably mess with the colouration though; I don't think I'd get a pink one."

<< Aaaah! I am wet!>> The little psychic complained.

<< We're in a pool room.>> Ella responded, before chuckling, quietly, at what Percy had done. <>  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:13 pm
"Heart-shape... Luvdisc," Lex laughed slightly. "You think I would remember that. Ooh! Do share your ideas for color palettes."

Percy might have gave a small smirk. <> he replied to Ella and finished off the rest of the fruit, giving an indulgent stretch. <> He motioned to the room, trying to find the proper word.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:53 pm
"Mostly blues." Tambrey admitted, and tilted her head "Gradient blues. Uh. I've dabbled in yellows and greens too though, in my head only so far. I also envisioned a rather blue and black version of a Carvanha." She smiled, and gestured at Percy. "I had reds and oranges, primarily, in mind if I'd pursued Feebas and Milotic..."

<< What do you mean?>> Franklin asked, dripping, with a confused little frown.

<< Mm. No.>> Ella seemed to understand. << We are 'inside'. This is a room. The world is large and there is open sky above the 'outside'.>>  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff