Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Is Steve still alive? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you Think Steve is still alive?
  yes
  no
  maybe
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:26 pm
Are you kidding?? It's Capcom. If anyone knows how to ruin something, it's Capcom. I'm sure they have plenty of other methods. If not, they can always ask Square-Enix for help.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:29 pm
[/sarcasm] << wink

Oh No. Not a Square Enix/Capcom joint commission. That would be dreadful.

Square Capcom.  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:40 pm
Now THAT would be one big pet peeve.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:49 pm
Square Capnix

I feel that it would be detrimental for him to be alive since Wesker took him as his T-Veronica sample. If not then a few T-A.L.O.S. style implants and he'd be perfect for one of Wesker's plans.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:42 am
It's not really that detrimental. Ada and Wesker obtained G-Virus sample from Birkin without having to bring him back. For all we know, thy took T-Veronica and tossed Steve in the garbage, where he belongs.
But I can see that. Guys at Capcom... "Now, all our bosses must be half robots!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:44 am
Biohazard EXTREME
It's not really that detrimental. Ada and Wesker obtained G-Virus sample from Birkin without having to bring him back. For all we know, thy took T-Veronica and tossed Steve in the garbage, where he belongs.
But I can see that. Guys at Capcom... "Now, all our bosses must be half robots!"
Not half robots... up until the Tyrant in Outbreak files 2 went nuts, it had implants that kept it from killing the characters. So logically, if a WEAPON you make has the possibility to destroy you, you'd do EVERYTHING you could think of to safeguard yourself from letting that happen. Plus if Umbrella had been making living weapons to use on the battlefield, they'd need to modify them to be able to handle the common hardware of anything bigger than a .50 caliber machine gun. So from that standpoint, it was just a matter of time before they slapped on armor plating to one of the Tyrants and gave it integrated heavy weapon systems.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:24 am
Well, Mr. X and Nemesis were armored with coats, and Nemesis had a rocket launcher, and still, they retained that horror quality about them.

TALOS was terrible. The design looked like something out of a Cartoon. When fighting it, I didn't feel like, "This is scary."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:54 pm
Watchu talkin' bout, willis? TALOS and his bitchin' sunglasses were WICKED scary!

rolleyes  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:13 pm
Oh thank goodness.. I already forgot that he had sunglasses. I'm on a road to recovery.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:35 pm
Are light gun shooters supposed to be scary? I understand that ones like Carnevil are supposed to be, but hasn't RE been switching closer and closer towards action?  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:26 pm
Yes, it has been switching closer and closer towards action. But that doesn't make it right.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:17 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yes, it has been switching closer and closer towards action. But that doesn't make it right.
Well, their taking it in a new direction... which is a good idea to save the series from getting stale. They were a bit too late with Megaman...  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:20 pm
Provided:

A: That the direction it takes is actually good. (Story wise)
B: That they don't change the genre of the game.

I mean, imagine if Legend of Zelda became a turn based RPG with Character jobs and a world map. It'd be an entirely different game, appealing to Final Fantasy fans, not Zelda fans.
And imagine if the story of Zelda suddenly involved technology, air ships, and eliminated the horseback riding, eliminated Link as a character. Then they'd say, "Oh, we're taking it in a new direction."
The key is to innovate without bastardizing. And Resident Evil failed at that, miserably.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:44 pm
Well then... how would YOU have done it!?  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:21 pm
Well, first of all, if it's Resident Evil, you don't ******** with the basics. And pardom my language, but I want you to get the full extent of how I feel about that.
You don't get rid of Umbrella, Zombies and T-Virus. Like I've said many times, Umbrella's downfall should only happen at the very end of the series.
So, that being said, Umbrella is still around, there is a T-Virus outbreak, whether accidental, or intentional, which, naturally, brings around Zombies.

Now, let's say we're implementing the over the shoulder camera. As much as I wouldn't want to, if I had to. If they said, "It ain't broke, but fix it anyway."
Okay, so you got this over the shoulder aiming system. I would keep it at AIMING, and keep the exploring with dramatic camera angles, where Resident Evil belongs.
But even if the exploration had to be done behing the shoulder, I would've just kept it at that. None of that, "Quick! Push a button!" action bullcrap. None of that, Blast the door off, jump out of the window, do a melee supplex, backflip bullcrap. That was all so unnecessary in a horror game.
The only reason they changed it to over the shoulder was because people were too damn lazy to learn tank controls. To which I say, screw them, anyway.
But like I said, if you're changing it to over the shoulder, all those little action parts were completely unnecessary. And that's what changed it from Horror to Action, more than anything else.

But you know, if you have to change a game that much, then you should probably just end the series anyway.

See, Konami knows what they're doing, at least now. They had two GREAT franchises: Double Dragon and Contra. Double Dragon saw its end with the beginning of 3D games, why? Because if one was to reimagine Double Gradon in 3D, they'd have to either make it like a hack and slash Shaolin Monks type game, which I guess would be kinda cool, or they'd have to make it a big explorative GTA type game. Instead, they just ended it, as they should have.

Contra they kept trying to innovate, and every time they tried something different, and every time they failed. Why? Because the gameplay is not relevant to modern video games anymore.

Now, as sad as it makes me, maybe the era of tank controls, fixed camera, style of Survival Horror has ended. But if it has, maybe it's time to end the series as well.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff