Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Field Class] Scaring in the Digital Age p.8 - The End! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:02 pm
"Is it confusing? Does not a confused human make more fear? The creature is confusing so should it's name but it does makes sense. It hobbles and snatches humans does it not? A long neck like a snake that slithers, and tentacles that act like tongues. A name that is a riddle but once you see it it makes sense. Like the bandersnatch and the jabberwock."

Indu might have had more luck asking a fish to climb a tree than asking the Cheshire cat to make sense. And the cat was comfortably nested in a man eating plant's lap. And best friends with a Dor mouse. Perhaps demanding sense out of him was the last reasonable thing that could be done. Carlos merely stared at Indu as if trying to explain instead of intending to make even less sense.

"It is only a suggestion from a cat. A riddle it does not need be."

amicableAggressor
Carlos does not understand fight. Too easy going.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:27 am
Out of curiosity the frost demon had typed the name of the website into his phone for later usage. The fact that the teacher had said both Halloween and humans updated it held the boils interest. Saving it to a memo pad icy eyes rolled up to meet the retracting projector screen. Watching intently as the teacher began to write across the board their suggestions as to what the creature would look like. Looking over the description with a certain amusement at just how spooky a monster they had actually created. Yes monster since no demon could be so silly looking.

Creatures. The demon corrected himself as a new column was made and more physical traits scribbled in. A higher and lesser, this was getting more interesting. Aid were always useful, this reminding him of his own icy aid he had learned to conjure. A slide of hand and the boils phone was finally put up to give the class his full attention.

A name.

Spinars brow lifted at the thought, wondering why they were making it so real. Curious as to if they would be sticking it on the site to see if they could create fear from something that didn't even exist. The demons head tilted in the direction of the first name offered and nose wrinkled. That wouldn't do at all, though he was yet to offer his own stab at a name waiting for others to go before hand to see if perhaps there was something he agreed with.

Inevitable was a strong contender at least for him but still he waited only to burst into a small laughter as hobble snatch and slither tongues was suggested. "Ha..excuse me." He grinned to the Cheshire that suggested such a positively silly name that even a human wouldn't fear. Then sat back and laughed silently as someone else picked up on how absurd it was and actually called the cat out in which it tried to explain.

Ignoring the bickering Siku leaned forward on his desk, stretching out and letting long icy claws tap in thought. Nothing was really coming to mind of course so he offered a muttering with raise of hand just to please the teacher, " The main an Alp Eater and the lesser mongrels." It didn't have to be fancy and it wasn't like he really cared enough to make an actual effort at the name anyways.

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

Dr Mil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:44 pm
"I believe this creature shall be dubbed SCP-Inevitable." It rolled off of the tongue, and was both sarcastic and amusing. A worthwhile combination. "Thank you, young dragon. And the rest of you as well. It's a fine first entry." Dr. Mil pulled the screen down once more, the projector flickering to life to reveal The Kid's handiwork.

Quote:
Item Name: SCP-INEVITABLE

Object Class: Keter

Description: SCP-INEVITABLE is a fluid-form humanoid that adopts the appearance of those whom it encounters. It shifts its height and weight accordingly, its malformed legs its only physical constant. They bend backward at the knee, forcing the femur, tibia, and fibula to break through the skin of the leg as it moves. SCP-INEVITABLE is reported to lack patellae, but those who have gotten close enough to examine it are generally in no condition to describe what they have seen following the encounter. When presented with two or more people at once, it will copy the one it perceived first. This perception may be auditory, visual, or touch-based. SCP-INEVITABLE does not communicate in any understandable language, though it can mimic the general tone and pitch of its victims if only to produce nonsensical sounds that might be mistaken for speech.

SCP-INEVITABLE-2 is the designation that will be used to describe one of the horde of entities that appear to be thralls of SCP-INEVITABLE. Witnesses describe them as varying in height, anywhere from five to twenty-five centimeters, and possessing lengthy necks in comparison to their bodies, many eyes, claws, and bat-like, smoldering wings.

Incidents:
Banff National Park (200 cool
Matthew Walker, 29, was attended to by security after stumbling into the lobby of the Banff Springs Hotel on January 22, 2008 at 12:22am MST. He was missing approximately 8% of his skin, mostly from his legs and torso. The skin had been jaggedly but neatly sliced in 2cm strips, the longest of which was 14cm.

Upon first being questioned, Mr. Walker claimed to have maimed himself, but during additional sessions he described the creatures outlined above, though this account was fragmented.

Macugnaga, Italy (2013)
Livia Conti, 6, was found in the foothills of the Alps on March 9, 2013. Five percent of her flesh remained, the highest concentrations of which were around her face and on her hands.

"Congratulations! With a bit more editing and a few additions, this entry will be spontaneously spawning creatures in no time. That's all for now. If you'd like to speak to me further, you can find me in my office, or approach me now after class. You're all dismissed." With another curious look at the purple reaper ghoul, Mil went back to her phone.

Quote:
This is the end of Scaring in the Digital Age! This class needs to be tweaked a little before I run it again, but I still thought what you guys came up with was excellently chaotic. I hope you had fun!

Although it hasn't yet been drawn, if you would like a copy of SCP-INEVITABLE, please leave your minisite name as your character(s) exits! Dr. Mil doesn't have an office yet, but if you want to interact with her, keep an eye out here for when she moves in.

Thank you all so much for coming! Current point totals are in the next post, but you're free to keep writing if you don't yet have all three points.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:46 pm
Word counts are somewhat approximate and just for your own reference since I used wordcounter.net which counts hyphenated things as one word and probably does some other stupid stuff that I'm not aware of yet yay

Yayoi
Sidron
+3 RP points
+mini

Viva Viola
Amy
+3 RP points
+mini

Miidnight Melody
Sorrel
+3 RP points

San
+2 RP points (299 more words for another point)

+mini

Carhop Cavalier
Dirge
+1 RP point (110 more words for one more point; 610 more for a third point)
+mini

Nio Love
Gabby
+2 RP points (413 more words for another point)
+mini

a pet dino
Hayden
+2 RP points (365 more words for another point)
+mini

Myoukin
Steve
+2 RP points (190 more words for another point)
+mini

amicableAggressor
Indu
+3 RP points
+mini
+dr mil's sideeye :B

Seiana_ZI
Ebele
+2 RP points (396 more words for another point)

Cearney
+2 RP points (319 more words for another point)

Ignatius
+2 RP points (390 more words for another point)

+mini

leon_a_darkangel
Kamakura
+3 RP points
+mini

Xaki
Lacie
+1 RP point (posting once more = mini; 178 more words for one more RP point; 678 more for a third point)

Kanth
i tried to separate them but some marosa and sayael ran together XD

Marosa
+2 RP points (471 more words for another point)

Etzer
+1 RP point (93 more words for one more point; 593 more for a third point)

Sayael
+1 RP point (5 more words for one more point; 505 more for a third point)

+mini

phantompanther13
Carlos
+3 RP points
+mini

poke mattix
Sludge
+2 RP points (479 more words for another point)
+mini

Cheekiebirdiee
Siku
+3 RP points
+mini

Rikku Takanashi
Camilla
+3 RP points
+mini

Sheyenne Thunderstorm
Taika
+2 RP points (331 more words for another point)
+mini

Ravvlet
Cady
+1 RP point (182 more words for one more point; 682 more for a third point)
+mini

Meegane
AJ
+3 RP points
+mini

Baneful
Junior
11 more words for one RP point + mini
211 more words for two points
711 for three

OpticPeach
Malik
+1 RP point (47 more words for one more point; 547 more for a third point)
+mini

Dr Mil

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:54 pm
Kamakura looked amused at the name of the creature and smirked as she began to detail it out. The projector had some pretty good notes, all of which he made a brief few notes about just for the hell of it.

Once done, the cat demon slid out of his chair once the class was over and strolled towards her desk briefly. "Thanks for class Dr. Mil, have a good afternoon." Kama added in the closet thing to a polite tone as he could must, added with a faint smile and a wave before shouldering his bag and slipping out the door.

He was off to tend to the rest of his day now that class session was over.

Dr.Mil
my mini sn is adarkangel thank you for the class!! C:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:29 pm
Taika easy slipped by the serpent dragon boil as the class ended. She isn't going to stick around especially she made a fool herself once again. However, before she took hers leave; Taika gave the dormouse a piece of paper with her skell number. "Call me. Okay?" She told the other ghoul before she bolted towards the door. However, Taika made a U-turn back around because she forgot hers books. "Huh. I-I forgot my stuff." She told both AJ and Camilla as she quickly gathered up her stuff then bolted towards the door again.

Dr Mil
SN: SheyenneThunderstorm

Rikku Takanashi
505-999-7734 ((I trying think of silly number...))

Meegane
*Dies*

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Bashful Wolf

8,825 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:40 pm
Hayden was kind of sad that her option hadn't been picked, though in a way her choice for the face of the creature was. Devoss looked up at her and nudged her arm with his nose at seeing her sad expression. "We aren't that creative, but we are plenty good at other things." he said. Hayden smiled and nodded,. knowing that her familiar was right. The two of them were plenty good at things, but creativity wasn't their strongest suit. "Let's get out of here, class is dismissed." Devoss said as he hopped off the desk.

Hayden nodded and waved at San. "It was nice meeting you, till next time." she then turned and picked up Devoss, placing him on her shoulder where he normally resided. "This was a pretty cool class though. I mean thinking up our own monster? That's pretty cool. Who knows, if enough people are fooled and become fearful of the thing it might even end up a student!" That would be awesome. Hayden could only imaging seeing someone who she helped create walking around school.

"I wouldn't get that excited if I were you. I think it would take years before enough people were actually scared of the creature so much that it became real. Plus even so it wouldn't be like the monster would know you, to it you would be just another student." Devoss interjected.

Hayden rolled her eyes as she walked out of the classroom door. "They wouldn't know, but I would know. And everyone in this class would know. That's the cool part. We could all look after the student, like it's all of our child."

"You're being stupid Hayden."

"Whatever, it sounds like a good idea to me. Don't rain on my parade."

Devoss sighed and shook his head. "All right all right. Now come on and let's get back to the dorm. It's a little past my shower time and after being around all those creepole I feel like I need an extra long shower."

"Clean freak." Hayden said with a chuckle, but she was headed to the dorm anyways. She knew better then not to give Devoss what he wanted, especially when what he wanted was a bath.

Dr.Mil
I loved the class! SN: Chloeisfox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:49 pm
The more other people began to offer their suggestions, the further Gabby began to sink into despair. It wasn't as if she really cared if the monster was named after him, did he? Of course not. He was just very put off by how his name was being buried under a landslide of (bedgrudgingly admittedly well thought out) names, and there was no point in getting his hopes up.

Right?

Dr. Mil pronounced the entry complete, along with it's new name - and out of all the options she'd been given, his was the name she'd chosen. Inevitable. He perked just slightly, and read through the description of a monster that he'd gotten to name. One that was terrorizing humans with such deadly accuracy that it was almost hard to read.

His eyes light up and he finally closed his phone.

"An excellent choice, of course." He muttered, brushing it all off as if his had been the only real option of the bunch. But his face was just a little too pink and proud to pull the non-chalance off, and when he gathered his belongings and left the class, he did so with a rarely seen smile.

Today had been a good day.

Quote:
You made the little bastards day <3 SN: Alania

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:07 am
Carlos approved of their confusing beast. It looked good to him. Ooooh did they really make something that would scare humans? Carlos would have to look into digital scaring more often, it seemed up his alley. They could scare with words an confusion. Yes good.

Carlos hopped down't from his lap and stretched. Ok. Time to go home. an Carlos was off like a shot, shooting right around the legs of a certain dragon in a sudden Kitten bolt as he raced for the hall way.

Nio Love

Quote:
SN: phantompanther13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:08 am
The class had been interesting to say the least. He hadn't ever thought about how useful scaring could be over the interweb or anything like that. He'd always thought it had been best the old fashioned way thanks to how his parents taught him, but that wasn't the case. He did hope for more classes in the future so he could better learn about all the things he didn't know.

Quote:
Yay fun class was fun! Though curse work for making it hard for me to post. D: SN: OpticPeach

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:20 am
That smile was gone in an instant as something slammed into his legs, nearly sending him sprawling if it wasn't for the desk that was near enough to his hands. He gripped it for dear life and kept himself on his feet, turning swiftly to find the culprit. When he saw no one close enough to have done the deed, he realized that whoever it was must have gotten away, and turned back to look down the hallway past the door. There, sure enough, was a blue cat boil running for his life like a little bullet. Gabby muttered something about how he'd better run, before gathering his belongings back up and leaving once more.

Well, it was a good day. For like a minute.

phantompanther13

Quote:
3rd point word count reached with some early-post padding ty <3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:11 am
Yup, either the boil was brushing the incident happened off or he had a poor memory about things, he didn't seem awkward or bothered and his smile was bright as the pumpkin sun despite the bandages on his arm. "So-so, halloween party's coming, so gonna test out some recipes." He didn't mention anything about the bracelet on his wrist or about Black Sands.

Turning back to the class, it wasn't the first time the teacher didn't take his opinion, he didn't really care about it. Making up a creature on the interweb was undoubtedly fun, he took a glance at certain shiny dragon that got the teacher's attention and he waved goodbye to the ghouls. "Class dismiss, see you around Camilla and - Miss -" He watched amusingly as the ghoul beelined the entrance and shortly returned to pick up her stuff and rushed out again. "She's cute, isn't?" He chuckled and walked out of the classroom leisurely.

Not a bad class at all, in his opinion, but the doctor needed to pay more attention to the students. "Creepeteria, Bro?" He had a mood for something to eat.

Rikku Takanashi
He's not as gentle and docile as he might seem

Sheyenne Thunderstorm
He finds Taika interesting.

Dr Mil
SN: yuo117, thanks for the class <3

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:29 pm
Marosa was at a loss for words. He took in the leprechaun's words warily, carefully, but before he knew it, the class was at an end.

He had only half listened to the rest of the class, disturbed beyond belief at this particular development in his life.

He almost looked like his entire world was ending right then and there.

"Oi'm... going to go for a bit. Oi'll catch ye later, Cearney." And with that stated, he stood up shakily and exited out the door, very much out of it as he ran his fingers through his long red hair.

Seiana_ZI

✦✦✦✦✦

Sayael watched as her brother stood up and exited, her expression shifting from horror to despair, and then to determination.

Her heated gaze slid to Cearney, fire in her eyes as she stood up and shifted the desk noisily from her, stomping over to him and moving to shove him against the wall. Sayael was so angry that she might probably miss due to her vision clouding over in anger.

"You idiot," She growled, sharp teeth clenched together so hard that it was making her speech slur, her accent coming out in full force. "Oi had ONE chance tae do this the right way and ye just... jacked it all up! Are ye working with me father? Did ye do that on purpose? There was NO WAY that was an accident, with how badly ye ******** things up. Did he promise ye things, or did he erase some of yer memories too, like he did me brother?" Her fingers clenched, slamming into the desk that Cearney was sitting in.

"How long do Oi have to pay for me mother's sins!?"

Realizing that she was now drawing a crowd, the sugar faerie pressed the palm of her fist against her now burning eyes, choking back a sob as she left the classroom, also too distraught to gain anything from the class at that moment.

It was a good thing that she had been taking notes.

✦✦✦✦✦

Mentally taking notes in his head, the frost demon smiled as the class ended, a bit sad but nonetheless coming out a bit smarter than he had been before.

He hadn't been keen enough to volunteer a name, but Etzer was more than happy to note that a name was picked anyway.

It sounded like an amazing creature, one that he would thoroughly enjoy the company of if he met it in the hallway, when a stray thought entered his mind. If it could alter and/or copy its appearance on looks, was it at all possible for the creature to adapt its looks to a bit of writing, or did it all have to be visual?

He approached the teacher after class.

"Question." He pressed his fingers to his lips, honestly curious, no humor on his face at all. "This creature that we spawned... will it become more than a minipet, or due to the small class size, will it only stay small? And also, out of curiosity, is there any way it could alter its appearance from a text passage, or does it lack the creativity to do anything but physical appearances?" The frost demon's eyes gleamed with pride as he found something new to question.

Dr Mil
SN: Marosa
Thank you so much for this class, as well! It was super fun, and I wished it lasted longer LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:59 am
s**t, he was leaving? He couldn't just leave him there. Not with the way Sayael was looking at him. Especially not with the way she was looking at him -- "Marosa--" Cearney started, but before he knew it, Marosa had walked out and all hope of not being attacked by a very angry faerie was gone.

Very gone.

Instinctively, Cearney ducked down, attempting to simply slide in-between her legs so he didn't end up pinned, but it only worked so well considering there was a block of force coming at him. He found himself pinned against the wall and feeling very small, cursing his height and cursing his relatively diminutive strength. This was why they often had monsters do their dirty work--

The idea that he was working with a despot was a just a bit of an insult, and Cearney's expression quickly went from surprisingly frightened to agitated. Very agitated. In the end, that particular expression wasn't exactly all that unusual.

"Step off!" snapped Cearney, though he made no attempt to shove her back. He wasn't in the mood for a fight. (Frankly, this was already enough trouble. Too much trouble really) "I'm not working with y'father! Maybe if you didn't want any news to get to y'brother, you shoulda' just found him yourself in the first place!" His hands were clenched into fists so tight his hands were turning white, though he attempted to keep that level of fear out of his expression. She couldn't let her know he felt intimidated. Leprechaun would not be intimidated by other fae--

What was she talking about, with her mother? Did it matter? It seemed she suddenly became very aware of her surroundings and decided to actually back off a bit. Thankfully. As soon as she did, Cearney stepped forward and let out a bit of a strangled gasp. s**t.

He glanced at the professor, mouthed an apology, and fled out of the classroom.

Kanth
Dr Mil
Thank you for the class! sn: seiana

===================

Ebele had still be pondering clearly excellent names. Scary! Spooky! Spooks the Scary! Many-Eyed Wonder! Big Skinny Man! Big Legs Man! Ebele tapped her chin, thinking very hard on these clearly awesome names. She spent so much time thinking about them that the professor made her decision before Ebele even got the chance to speak up with one of her special and awesome names.

She pouted. Aww. Ebele had wanted to offer an idea, but now it was Inevitable. That was so much more boring than one of her ideas would have been! She guessed that Inevitable was kind of a scary sounding name, but she would have definitely preferred Spooky Scary. Or Spooks the Scary. Or Scary the Spooks! Generally she liked names that had Spooky or Scary in them. They were awesome.

Vaguely kicking at the ground like she would kick at dirt, Ebele nevertheless decided to look up and actually read what she had been presented with. Unfortunately for Ebele, she didn't exactly understand half the words that were on the board. Fibula? Patellae? Auditory? Keter? What was a Keter object class? Was that just what they called creeple on these human world websites, or were there other classes? These were all things that were very much of interest to her, and Ebele spent some time trying to parse out what few words she did know that were presented to her.

Eventually, she managed to figure out that this creature was definitely a creepy von creeperson, and Ebele approved, nodding her head sagely as if she had just understood everything she read. (She clearly didn't.) It sounded like this creature was going to spawn some more creatures of Fear, which was exciting! Could it ever spawn creatures like her? That would be even cooler!

"PROFESSOR!" Ebele didn't even care that she was on her skellyphone, now. "Can this create monsters like me?!" Could she create her own monsters.

===================

Considering Ignatius was not exactly unfamiliar with the methods of using modern devices to frighten humans, he decided that he would sit back and let other creeple give responses for the rest of the class. Perhaps it would seem a bit lazy to onlookers, but Ignatius' mind was rather active, taking in and enjoying all the things that creeple were coming up with. Some were rather creative, admittedly...

The end result was one they could all be proud of. Stripping the flesh off humans was something that was definitely frightening, and the head creature's terrifying walk combined with an otherwise normal appearance could scare creeple on its own. Ignatius approved.

He noted that the bird--err, the familiar--had been writing down most of what had been said. Had the familiar come up with the extra things? No one had volunteered what happened to the humans, after all, or exactly what the creature did to the humans. The familiar seemed fairly smart. Most of them seemed smart, admittedly, but he had only run into so many reapers with familiars. Both Brenley and Piper had weapons, after all. (Though their friend Lock had a familiar, he was fairly sure. At least, he had remembered seeing one with him before).

"Glad I reminded you to come?" asked Ignatius, glancing over to Brenley with a grin. "Look, we're creating our own spooks."

Smerdle

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:03 pm
It wasn't possible, normally, for an eyeroll to be transmitted through the back of your head towards someone behind you, but Indu tried her best to accomplish this feat. "Whatever." She didn't have patience for 'weird' students - although if she had been in a slightly less highly-strung mood she would have probably let it slide. As she was, wound up and If they were going to insist on refusing to come down to planet Halloween and frolic in the field of whimsy, they could at least do it outside of a serious learning environment. Some people were trying to study, or at least fight back against the systematic destruction of proper education. The ghoul gave another flip of her braids to express the seriousness of the situation.

phantompanther13
sorry for the late reply ahh;;; i thought i sent this days ago

She also gave another flip of her hair at the end result of the class. So the teacher's strategy was to ignore her was it? She'd have to make sure she'd become un-ignorable. As she packed up her bag, she grubled quietly to herself, and as she swept past the teacher, shot one of her most aggressively winning smiles. "Thank you very much for the super, super informative class! I have soooo much to think about now!" Like how to ensure her voice was clearly heard and unavoidable in it's righteous truths next time.

Dr Mil
sn: amicableAggressor
she'll be back : )

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out