Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:17 pm
Sorey snapped his fingers, his face illuminating as though a stream of thought had been unblocked and had begun to flow freely. "Yeah, that's it! He was a person!" That was probably not much less vague than what he had said initially, he realized, and so he attempted to expound on the newborn concept, gesticulating somewhat flailingly as he tried to grasp it, "Like... When I asked him why he was a Rocket, he said that he enjoyed seeing people in fear. So if you take that away and you don't fear them, what do they really have left? They don't have any power over you - they're just human, capable of no more than any other human. Yeah!" He set his hands on his hips, satisfied. "That's the impression I got."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:27 pm
Gon blinked and watched Sorey seem to come to some kind of conclusion based on something Gon had said.
He grinned proudly afterwards, nodding to show that he agreed "Well... they could shoot you though. They have that." Though he paused after that and thought about what he had just said. "... There is that."
Still the boy shrugged "But that's why you just get stronger." Yeah! simple enough conclusion.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:36 pm
"Well, anyone could do that," Sorey said. "Like, I could do that, if I had a gun. I mean I wouldn't, but I could. Does that make sense?" He raised his hand to his chin thoughtfully. "You know, like... Vaporeon can learn Water Pulse. Ditto can learn Transform. Humans can learn to shoot guns."

He nodded, "But yeah! If your opponent is a Vaporeon with Water Pulse, you use a Foongus with Giga Drain. If your opponent is a human with a gun..." He paused, brow furrowed. "...Uhh, you get enough experience that you know what to do."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:40 pm
"Well... yeah." Gon said sounding like he was clear on what Sorey was trying to say. "so the thing is... we need to find out what move works well against a gun." He reached his hand up to his chin and gave it some thought. "Like extreme speed! or..." He looked over at Treecko getting more thoughtful as he tried to think of how he could use Treecko to beat a gun. Having no doubt that there had to be a way.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:51 pm
"Sure, ExtremeSpeed could probably work," Sorey nodded, "or even a normal Quick Attack under the right circumstances. Double Team or Minimize or Sand Attack-- Maybe too risky to use in a lethal situation, actually..." He raised a hand before him, the palm facing up. "Most likely, there's even some power within humans ourselves that would do the trick. Anything we can harness," he closed his hand upon itself, "I'm sure we can also hinder."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:56 pm
"Oh!" Gon burst out suddenly, scrambling around his bed and snatching up his fishing pole "I'm really good at this thing." He explained, flicking it a couple of times to loose the reel and then tossing it across the room to hook it on the door handle, thus successfully pulling the door open.

"I wouldn't be able to do that one on my own though. I'm sure a gun is faster then a fishing pole." He looked at Treecko who perked up and lifted both his hands to show his understanding on his role.

Gon grinned, reeling back the hook and slinging the rod back over his shoulder. "Maybe not that, but I'll work something out."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:03 pm
Sorey looked to the door as it opened, then turned back to Gon, grinning, "Hey, you're not kidding - that was great!" He folded his arms, content with their conclusions. "Yup! Before the power of humans and pokemon, guns aren't anything to fear. Maybe to respect, but not to fear."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:17 pm
Gon grinned wider, letting out a pleased laugh to Sorey's words, moving to put the pole back up against the wall, allowing Treecko to just back onto his head and part his long spiky hair.
"You're pretty cool Sorey." Gon concluded "I think someone like you would do great in the KSO too." He concluded with a firm nod.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:19 pm
Closing the door to the main cabin behind her, Ray shifted herself to face out over the trees, the rustle of something above her drew her gaze up to the fluttering of massive wings, and the familiar weight of Impact settling across her shoulder.
a mellow smile crossed her wide lips and she reached up to brush over his broad head.

"Gon! Don't leave the door open!" Ray called over when she glanced over to see the door of the cabin wide open. "You'll let all the cold in." she said more to herself, shaking her head.
placing her hand on the railing she pushed herself up and over, allowing herself to fall from the balcony. her momentum caught by the Crobat's wingspan, allowing her to land harmlessly next to Emith who blinked at her friend's sudden appearance.

Emith asked, looking to toward the main cabin with a slight jerk of her head and tilting her head curiously

"Don't know yet." Ray replied, reaching out to lift the lid of the cooking pot. "I'm going to talk to her later, I don't know, call be crazy but right now I get the impressed that if I talk to her about anything too serious she might just start crying." She shrugged a little "I don't know why."

"I'm a little surprised to see Rosie in the state that she's in, honestly... don't know where it could have come from. I mean, she did say they had had a run in with Team Rocket, but Rosie has had more experience with Team Rocket then even I have! She should know by now how to handle herself. This is the girl that nearly got killed by her own sister, and she handled it like a champ."

Emith glance once more up to the tree house, before settling back on her seat, watching Ray take over the cooking. while the ex-trainer mused on out loud to Emith and Impact.

Emith suggested, letting out a yawn herself.

Ray looked over her shoulder at Emith, watching her for a few seconds before shifting back as well.
"We'll go to bed early if we can, get an early start. If she comes or not we still have to look into this...."

Emith nodded
Emith wasn't too sure how she felt about going back, she had never had strong ties with her last group, more then anything she just didn't feel like she wanted or even needed to be there, it wasn't worth the punishment of failure.
It was odd to think, that her loyalty to Ray was strong enough that she would risk going back, and even standing up against them if she had to... granted, most likely it wouldn't come to that at all. Right people in the right places she supposed.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:03 pm
The sudden praise took Sorey by surprise, though the second half of Gon's declaration was curious. 'KSO'... He remembered hearing Rosie say that once before - that she needed to report the Rocket encounter to them. "What exactly is the KSO?" he asked. "They're involved with Team Rocket somehow, right?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:34 pm
"Oop" Gon yipped wen Ray's voice called out to him to close the door.
I a flash the boy closed the distance from his bed to the door in that seemed like one bound, and pushed it shut.
blinking back over at Sorey he tiled his head, then hurried over to one of the windows of the cabin leaning forward to peer out over the clearing where Ray was joining Emith.
"The KSO? Yeah." Gon said "They fight Team Rocket." He explained "They're trainers that have a bunch of special training. They must be pretty great too; since my dad went off to be part of the Special Ops"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:31 pm
Sorey hummed in thought. "I'm not sure I would be very suitable for something like that... Not right now, at least. I mean, I barely know anything about Kodo, let alone about Team Rocket - I'm not really qualified to fight against them." If the organization was as harmful as it seemed to be, however, Sorey doubted he would be able to keep out of the fray for too long. He doubted that he would even want to keep out of it; it was nothing more than ego to act as though others' suffering wasn't his business. "What made your dad decide to join?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:43 pm
"Well, why not?" Gon asked, turning his head away from the window to look over at Sorey "If you had too, wouldn't you anyway?" That was the impression Gon got from this other trainer anyway. You didn't need to be in the KSO to be good for them after all. Gon knew he could be the best officer ever! ... If they let him.

When asked about his dad he shrugged "I don't know, but I'm going to find out when I find a way to join them. It has to be something really important though!" Gon explained with a growing pride and excitement "Aunt Mito was always really angry that he left, but it must be worth it if he chose to become and officer over raising me."
Despite it being a rather depressing topic, Gon did not feel an ounce of self pity or sadness about his words, and it showed on his young face. He genuinely believed, and felt that he was going toward something amazing, that his father had found something so great, that he couldn't pass it up for anything in the world! And Gon thought that was something he wanted too.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:30 pm
"Well yeah, but fighting for self-defense is different from fighting under the banner of an organization," Sorey said. "I'd like to learn more about the situation before deciding anything. As much as I'd like to help, I'm not really equipped to make a commitment." Plus, it wasn't as though it was his choice alone, and he certainly wasn't going to choose on Mikleo's behalf before discussing it thoroughly.

"Oh." Gon's words were heavy for being spoken with such levity, but Sorey supposed that he wasn't all that different himself. His Gramps had more than filled the gap that should have been occupied by his parents, and he supposed from Gon's tone that his Aunt Mito must have done much the same. Going along with the atmosphere, Sorey replied, "It must have been something awfully special to him, then. I can see why you'd be so interested in it."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:48 pm
Gon blinked at Sorey as he continued to explain his reservations about the KSO, his eyebrows scrunching together a little as he tilted his head, giving the other a look of flighty confusion. "Oh... okay."
He didn't really understand what Sorey meant by all of that, "I only meant you would be good at it." He pointed out with a slight smile, still looking a little lost at Sorey's more deep train of thoughts.

He stuck out his tongue a little, reaching to the back of his head in a moment of slight embarrassment before lowering his hand back down in front of him, balling it into a fist. "I'm going to find him."

Treecko glanced from Gon over to Sorey, large yellow eyes glinting with the same kind of the determination that the boy seemed to emanate, like a fire. Or a sun.

There was a knock on the cabin door, light but enough to grab the attention of the people inside.
"Ray says that dinner is ready." Rosie's voice spoke from the other side of the door.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff