Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Not A Three Hour Tour Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:03 am
Sao Kasai

Is that? Why yes! Yes that is! It's a friendly little Wooper!

Chibi_Kokoro143

Something's splashing about over there! What could it be?! Oh my! It's a Seel!

LexThetaSigma

Shuffly snorty noises?! What is that? Is it a... Yes! It's a Swinub!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:35 am
[Jetty, with Whittard]

My my, he certainly was a talkative one, wasn't he? She wasn't finished taking pictures from this spot yet though, so she resolved to see if she could get him to open up at least a tiny bit before she wandered off to another part of the island. "What sorts of pokemon visit with you the most?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:45 am
BlackFireKitsune
[Jetty, with Whittard]

My my, he certainly was a talkative one, wasn't he? She wasn't finished taking pictures from this spot yet though, so she resolved to see if she could get him to open up at least a tiny bit before she wandered off to another part of the island. "What sorts of pokemon visit with you the most?"

"Ice types. I c'n talk to 'em." So came the short and sweet explanation from Captain Whittard; though to someone who could connect certain dots, it perhaps told Alice a little more than the captain truly intended. He took his pipe from his mouth again to give it another tap.

Rick, his first mate, meanwhile guffawed as he passed by, nose in a comic book, overhearing the talk. The man was chubby, bald, with a wide cheerful face, and dressed all in blue.
"Whoo! Ol' Cap'n Whittard can't stop natterin' to them pretty beasties!"

A grumbling growl from said Captain silenced the cheerful man, and sent him scurrying back around the boat, to a safer place to read his comic book.  
Sao Kasai generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 5!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:45 am
Beach/Citrine/ohgodwooperagain

"Oh..." Her face reddened, embarrassed by how she'd run away from Citrine and her friend Ion at the mall. It wasn't something that Izumi could really help, but it still left a deep feeling of shame whenever her fear got the better of her. "S-sorry..."

"Woop woop..." There was a light pat on the back of Izumi's legs, where the wooper had returned and was now trying to deliver some comfort with its tail.

Izumi let out a deep sigh.  

Sao Kasai

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:49 am
Sao Kasai

Splishy splash! Splash! What's that in the water?! It's a Feebas!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:09 am
[Jetty with Whittard]

"Oh!" She practically breathed the word; he could talk to ice-types? Alice, who had yet to develop the ability to understand pokemon herself, momentarily forgot her main purpose for remaining there for the time being, and instead turned to focus more on Captain Whittard than on taking pictures. "Ohh, that sounds--"

The first mate's appearance and comment briefly distracted Alice, and she tried not to show too much amusement when the captain sent him hastening somewhere safer. "That sounds wonderful," she finished, focusing on Whittard again. Ice-types were so pretty and seemed to elegant - or, well, some of them, anyway - though if she could pick, she would prefer to be able to understand fairy-types so she could talk to Cassandra. "What ice-types? Do you have a favorite one?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:14 am
BlackFireKitsune
[Jetty with Whittard]

"Oh!" She practically breathed the word; he could talk to ice-types? Alice, who had yet to develop the ability to understand pokemon herself, momentarily forgot her main purpose for remaining there for the time being, and instead turned to focus more on Captain Whittard than on taking pictures. "Ohh, that sounds--"

The first mate's appearance and comment briefly distracted Alice, and she tried not to show too much amusement when the captain sent him hastening somewhere safer. "That sounds wonderful," she finished, focusing on Whittard again. Ice-types were so pretty and seemed to elegant - or, well, some of them, anyway - though if she could pick, she would prefer to be able to understand fairy-types so she could talk to Cassandra. "What ice-types? Do you have a favorite one?"

Captain Whittard's narrowed eyes watched where Rick had disappeared to, then with a large puff, that was almost a sigh, he blew himself a cloud of tangy pipe smoke.
"Loc'l uns." He answered the first question, followed by a short pause. Then he answered the second with naught but a confirmation. "Aye."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:20 am
[Jetty with Whittard]

Smoke... She wasn't fond of it, either from pipes or cigarettes, but at least they were outside with enough of a (cold) breeze to blow it away or cause it to dissipate fairly quickly. Resisting the urge to wave away the smoke to keep it from her face, she instead nodded at his response and waited with bated breath for his answer...

And waited...

And waited, and... He wasn't going to just tell her, was he..? No, it seemed like he wouldn't. Curiosity piqued, Alice spared the captain from a handful of more questions and instead simply asked, "Which one is your favorite?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:26 am
BlackFireKitsune

This question, direct as it was, seemed to illicit an entirely different response from Captain Whittard.
Indeed, there was the hint of a smile beneath that big white beard; his pipe crooked up at a slightly angle at the whim of the muscles that moved to create the expression.
A softer, twinkling-in-his-eyes expression, as he slowly turned his gaze from the island to regard Alice, but extended his arm to gesture at the place.
"Why d'n'ya go t' the cove an' find out, gal. Pay n'mind to them chatty Seels, them's a'right fellas. Hang out wi' my ol' pretty uns, they do."

And then the captain turned back around, lapsing back into stoicism as though his batteries had worn down with the elaboration.
He blew another large puff of smoke, but seemed in a happier frame of mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:40 am
[Jetty with Whittard]

Well, that was certainly not the curt response she'd expected, but it was an answer she couldn't help but feel she appreciated more. A warm smile slowly spread across her face. "That sounds like a lovely idea," she said with a nod; while she hadn't taken as many pictures out here as she'd originally intended, the girl couldn't help but think it would be an even better idea to heed the captain's suggestion and head to the coves. "Thank you for taking the time to talk to me, Captain Whittard," Alice said honestly; he seemed like a very nice old man, albeit quiet and curt. "I think I'll go to the cove now." So saying, she offered him a brief wave, gestured to her Sylveon and jogged off the jetty. Before she left completely though, she paused to turn around and take a couple quick pictures of the captain before hastening off with her fairy-type toward the coves.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:45 am
BlackFireKitsune

Whittard grunted, but not such an unkind sound, to acknowledge her thanks and that she was leaving. He tugged on the brim of his hat to Alice as she moved off, before returning his attention to his pipe as he was photographed. Seemingly content to hang around near his boat, smoking his pipe, quietly.  
TawnyAngel generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 4!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:46 am
[Beach with Abel]

"Well there are supposed to be underwater caverns," Taavi replied, mimicking Abel's motion of tossing chow into the water - somebody's lucky day - and lifting his shoulders in a slight shrug. "I... would like to see those if you're interested? There's bound to be cool stuff - heh - over there and maybe fewer people so the pokemon might be less disturbed. We could even borrow rods if you want, sit and have some coffee for a bit?"

Beach for Lex

Oh, hu, so he had showed up had he? Cool.

While Valour had been deeply suspicious of Sasha at first he couldn't deny that the two humans seemed to get along, and Sasha made Taavi happy. He still had his reservations about the fact that they couldn't see where the guy lived but he was willing to mostly forgive that and be friendly.

With an internal shrug Valour folded his wings back and dived down towards Sasha with a greeting squark. He wasn't showing off to anyone today so he pulled up a good six feet from the ground and glided smoothly forward to land in front of the human and his companions. <> Valour squarked, <> The bird gestured with a wing down the beach a bit towards the cove, which was all that would get through other than his tone and presence but oh well; humans, what could you do?

BlackFireKitsune
Shaddaling

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:02 pm
TawnyAngel

Oh wow! Look at the! Splashing around! It's a Seel!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:02 pm
[Beach (leaving Seel), with Taavi]

Aw, that - what was it? A Seel? - was cute, and Abel smiled at it as he knelt down to offer it more pokemon chow. When it drew closer to partake of the food, the blond reached out to gently pat it on the head, avoiding its rather sharp-looking horn, before he straightened up again. "Underwater caverns sound pretty cool," he said wryly - lame cold-weather puns abound - and he took another sip of his coffee as he looked around. About the only place he could guess an underwater cove would be, judging from where they stood and from the map he'd glanced at earlier, was probably the cavernous holes that looked like they led into the short cliffs above them. He pulled out his map to double-check and, upon finding that that was indeed the entrance, he put it away and gestured, "I guess those are this way, then?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:09 pm
[Moving to the cavern (leaving Seel), with Abel]

"Heh, looks like your friend has a friend!" Taavi grinned as another Seel popped up to the surface in search of the chow. This one however then proceeded to haul out of the water and over to Taavi with a hopeful expression. "Hu?" Taavi smiled and tilted his head to the side. "What do you want buddy?"

The Seel made a sort of a barking noise and reached up to clamp its teeth around Taavi's piece of driftwood.

"Oh, this? Heh, sure." Taavi relinquished the wood; there would probably be more and anyway you weren't really meant to take big stuff off the beach, if everyone did it soon there'd be nothing left and a lot of pokemon used driftwood and such for nests.

Apparently happy with its prize the Seel dragged the wood back down into the water and swam away.

Taavi watched it go for a few moments before giving himself a shake and turning to Abel. "Oh, sorry! I got a bit distracted there. Yeah, over that way it is! And we can collect rods on the way I think if you want, I don't really mind." He hadn't come here today planning to capture anything.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff