Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[GRAM ORP] Kiss Kiss Fall in Love Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:49 pm
insidiousEnigma
[Andre @ Buffet Table/ Open to interaction]

"Andre." She nodded, then did a little curtsy. "I'm Citrine." She introduced herself. "To be honest, I couldn't remember your name either." She blushed a little when he spoke of the skiing trip. "Yes... Yes we did meet there." Oh great. Now what? She wasn't sure what to say now to Andre. "Did you come here with Zacharie?" She recalled they had gone on the ski trip together. Maybe they were doing this together as well. And maybe some small part of her, very small to be sure, wanted to see Zacharie in a suit. It just didn't seem like him to dress up. But then, she hadn't seen him much.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:58 pm
Lural
[Citrine @ Buffet Table/ Open to interaction]

"That's quite alright, it's been quite some time." He gave a little huff of a laugh. "I'm glad to see you again, Citrine." He bowed his head before reaching up to push his hair back behind his ear. "I did come with Zacharie, actually." Discreetly, he eyed the young woman once again. "He bumped into an acquaintance of his from school and is currently dancing." He pointed with a slender finger to where Lex and his brother could be spotted between other dancing couples. "I'm sure he'll make his way over here soon."  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:01 pm
Shaddaling
On the dancefloooor

"Things have been going well." Zacharie said lightly, his gaze darting about nervously. He wasn't sure where to look! Making prolonged eye contact was...unnerving and he couldn't just stare down at his feet the entire time! "I'm not doing much more than I used to...the only real difference is that there's no threat of getting in trouble." He smiled wryly. "How about you? Have you gotten a new roommate or anything?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:05 pm
insidiousEnigma

"Oh? How fun." She wondered if anyone else she knew was here. So far, it was Dith and Zacharie and... wait was that a guy in a dress? She tried processing this information a moment then shook her head. She looked back at the older man. Hm... She didn't know anything about him, Zacharie hadn't really said much about him. "Would you mind if I asked you what you do? I feel a little silly trying to converse with someone I know nothing about." But she wanted to be polite.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:17 pm
Lural

"Not at all, I'm flattered by your interest." Andre passed a small biscuit down to Auberon, who curled up at his feet to enjoy her treat. "I work as an information research consultant, or an information broker if you prefer." He explained, "I have an agency based in Grande Isle but I have moved quite a bit of my business to Kodo so I can be closer to Zacharie." Hopefully that would change soon, but he wouldn't dwell on that. Not right now, at least. "I also have interests in science...but not nearly as much as my brother."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:44 pm
insidiousEnigma
[Andre@ Buffet Table/ Open to interaction]

Citrine looked as he passed a treat to his pokemon, and smiled. She glanced at Sascha who was sitting on the table, nibbling on some fruit from a toothpick. At least it wasn't junk food. "Information broker?" She tilted her head to the side slightly. "I can't say that's a profession I've heard of. But then again, there are probably lots of those." She gave a soft laugh. "Mh. Zacharie is quite passionate about his work." She had loved listening to him talk about his project. "What sort of science do you fancy, then?"  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:56 pm
Lural
[Citrine@ Buffet Table/ Open to interaction]

"It's not a particularly well know job unless you're in the market for one." Andre laughed lightly as he delicately wiped his fingers clean of crumbs on a napkin. "I essentially collect information for people." That wasn't entirely what he did..but as far as the public was concerned that was all he did. "It's not nearly as interesting as other jobs but it pays the bills." He waved his hand as if to dismiss the subject. "Yes, isn't it adorable?" He gushed, his gaze darting over towards Zacharie again. "He gets so worked up about his projects." He smiled brightly, obviously proud of his sibling. "I'm interested in anatomy and physiology. Our family own quite a few clinics here in Kodo and in Grande Isle so we grew up around these sorts of subjects."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:07 am
insidiousEnigma
[Andre@ Buffet Table/ Open to interaction]

"Adorable?" She wasn't sure that was the word she'd have used, but it was pretty fitting, he was kind of adorable when he talked comfortably like that. She smiled. "I suppose so. I would have said fascinating. He has the most genuine smile when he talks about his work. It's really refreshing. I wish I could see him that happy more often." Rather the the awkward strained 'becoming friends' phase they were in. She wouldn't mind being better friends with him. "Oh, are you from Grande Isle then?" She was meeting lots of people from there it seemed!  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:21 am
[Buffet Area with Tambrey and Aulus with Izumi and Jace nearby...and interrupting Andre's conversation with Citrine]

her touching him? He won't hurt her, if that's what you're worried about. Or...are you jealous?> Delic asked, amused.

Psyche asked, still unsure about Max's confused-sounding response.

"Jerry-kun's a big meanie, not showing up here when even Tam-chii and Aulus-sensei took breaks from their important work to attend," the man huffed like an angry toddler. "He doesn't know what he's missing. Right, Izumi-chan?" He was delighted that Izumi had accepted the strawberry he'd offered her, but then she turned away to talk to that other fellow. Izaya blinked curiously for a moment before smiling and eating a strawberry of his own.

Even if she had been extremely shy by taking the treat he'd offered her in such a way, the fact that Izumi had done so - and with such bravery in front of virtual strangers, at that - made him especially happy. This pure, innocent emotion was pretty plain on his face, too, as if he didn't have a reason to think to conceal it.

"Eh? But I don't know every detail of your personal life, Aulus-senpai," Izaya said matter-of-factly. It seemed the sarcasm and figurative language were lost on him. "It'd be nice, but I hardly know anything about you because you don't seem to want to trust me or even believe that just want to be your friend. And I haven't even said much of what I do know about your personal life. Are you sure you want me to share?"

At the declaration that his verbally-awarded sticker was being revoked, the man's face fell like a child's who was told his excellent school report card was a mistake. "Wh-what? But why?!" His tone was saturated with his despair. "Was it because I didn't know we were having a secret class? No, wait, it was because of what I said about your outfit, right? It's nice, though! I was just making a suggestion to make it even better!"

Still obviously upset, Izaya sniffed and shook his head, shrugging. "Why should love have restrictions? Besides, you can't help liking who you like no matter what kind of relationships they're in with others. And dates don't always have to be romantic. They can just be between friends!" He pouted accusingly at Aulus. "...But you're being so defensive, I don't think that even occurred to you."

At the mention of Mika, he reached over to stroke the small bug with two fingers. "I'm trying," he told Aulus. "I've never had a pokemon this small before, so it's hard to keep track of her. And it's even harder when I can only see with one eye. But I'm trying, really!" Izaya appeared to take Aulus' words to heart, visibly concerned with the thought that the scarred man believed he wasn't being a good enough trainer to take care of his Joltik.

He looked up at the term 'charming' dropped by Aulus as he spoke to Izumi about her companion, his brows furrowed as if trying to understand whether or not his Sensei meant it this time. After all, he'd just been chastised. Oh, nope - there was a glare. Izaya quickly looked back down in shame, continuing to pet Mika with his two fingers. "Izumi-chan's wearing gloves, too," he mumbled dejectedly. "I just thought since you guys are like metal arm buddies, you would each be exceptions to the other about not wanting to show them off..."

At Tambrey's words, though, those wide pink eyes rose to meet her green, bespectacled ones. "How can you be together if you're far apart? And at a Valentine's Day ball! Shouldn't he have asked you to go? What a neglectful boyfriend. It's like how Jerry-kun isn't there for Izumi-chan. I think Aulus-sensei would make a much better one, keeping you company all the time."

It was another blatantly honest statement that didn't sound like it'd been said for the mere causing of a reaction. It sounded more like the sort of straight-forward observation and opinion an oblivious kid might make. "So...if he's not here yet, do you know if he's coming at all? Did he tell you he would be? He could have at least offered to have a romantic dinner first. Meeting someone there sounds more like something friends or acquaintances would do."

The man's pout was replaced immediately with an impish smile when Tambrey responded to his suggestion about the kiss. "But Tam-chiiii," he crooned, "how can you know for sure if Aulus-sensei wouldn't want to do that? He didn't say he wouldn't." His forehead creased in bewilderment. "Why would it be awkward? People kiss people all the time! Sometimes in greeting, sometimes for friendship - and it would just be on the cheek. Is that so wrong?"

His lips pursed. "Rory-kun isn't even here right now. And even if he was, if he were a good boyfriend, he'd understand. This is in the name of science! We're testing a theory!" He looked back to Aulus. "So do you want to or not? Because I could always do it instead."

A head of purple hair caught Izaya's eye and he studied it for a fraction of a second before taking off toward the figure, arms out wide. "Andre-senpaiiii!!" he cried aloud, not seeming to consider the volume of his jovial exclamation. "Have you come to spread love, too? I thought you said you don't feel emotions like that!" If no one stopped him or moved aside, the white-wearing ex-Rocket would slam right into Andre from behind, tackling him in a hug of sorts.

Sao Kasai
InsidiousEnigma
Lural

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:32 am
Lural
insidiousEnigma
[Citrine@ Buffet Table/ Izaya incoming]

lZAYA ORlHARA

"Mmn." He hummed thoughtfully. While he always loved rubbing the fact that he knew Zacharie's inner workings almost as well as he knew his own in other people's faces...he didn't much feel like sharing this information with Citrine. The fewer people that knew how to make his little brother smile that happy, carefree smile the better. "He's never been particularly good at opening up." He said with slight shrug, "Our parents were..." He smiled wryly, if not a bit bitterly. "not the most involved when he was young." And that was a bit of an understatement. "I was born here in Kodo but I spent my teenage years in Grande Isle with-"

Pale eyes snapped open and towards the sudden sound of his name, "...Izaya?" He knew the other information broker was loud but not to this extreme. To avoid getting knocked to the floor, he turned fully towards his oncoming acquaintance and held up his arms. Instead of running into him full on, Izaya would be abruptly slowed by firm hands on his chest but otherwise allowed to tug Andre into a hug. "I'm pleased to see you as well." He couldn't help but laugh. "I thought I'd come celebrate the upcoming holiday with Zacharie." He said by way of explanation.

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:46 am
insidiousEnigma
[Andre/Izaya@ Buffet Table]

lZAYA ORlHARA

"Well, that's ok. It's more fun to become friends with someone slowly, and build a frienship that lasts, rather then have an instant click, but a fragile friendship. At least that's how I feel." And hey, it just gave her an excuse to see Zacharie more. "Oh, that-" She stopped abruptly when someone called out Andre's name. She gave a half startled shriek as this strange man attempted to hug Andre. Ah, they were friends? ... What was with this guy? She peered around Andre to look at this guy.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:33 am
[Ballroom- sitting at one of the tables- OPEN]

After gaining entrance, seeking out the buffet table, and filling a plate with any goodies that looked appetizing, which surprising really constituted quite a few, Eumelia had hurried away from the buffet table as it started to fill with people in all sorts of colourful dresses and suits and what-have-you.

Not that she hadn't made an effort, in a small way; sensible but smart mary-jane style shoes, some of her passably formal trousers, and then the more unusual, somewhat uncomfortable items; a blouse with a lower cut than she was used to, a (admittedly kind of nice- but she still doubted she'd wear it often) red choker-collar necklace, and, under the impression that she was 'supposed' to wear red, on what she gathered from colleagues, a short red jacket that... was probably a little too slick and shiny for this kind of even. It /was/ red though; that was important.
There was even a rose in her hair (admittedly a plastic imitation of some kind, but it was there), also on the advice of certain co-workers; 'Oh, and maybe wear a flower in your hair!' 'Why would I tangle vegetation into my hair?' 'It'll look pretty and flowers are so traditional on Valentine's Day!'.
She'd relented, and worn 'a flower', but she still wasn't about to put real, slowly decaying, plant matter on her head.

None of these coworkers were to be found now, however; somewhere off in the crowd wooing each other or something, she was sure. She hadn't even caught a glimpse of many of the administration- people she'd considered 'mingling' with on the ball to gain favour, and perhaps inclination to bigger roles and future grants within the university; she wasn't really considerate enough to realize how terrible a plan this was at a /Valentines/ event... Not that it mattered; she couldn't find them, thus she'd been duped! Tricked into coming by co-workers who probably thought it'd be 'good for her'; such thoughtless people- they never realized just how /important/ her time really was.

So, now, she was determined to get /something/ out of the event, however small, after coming all the way out and dressing all silly like she had... For now that something was... as close to a free meal as she could muster with the appetizers provided, and perhaps a little later a quick trip to gather up whatever she could put in the little black bag she'd brought with her, to eat on the way, and at, home.

Now the poképhysicist could be found occasionally frowning at people, or curiously watching pokémon scurry about (there, at least, was a boon- a multitude of different pokémon types- she just had to spot a particularly interesting one...) while she munched her way through her cobbled-together 'dinner' of appetizers.

Celsius, too, was with her; the Glaceon was occupying her own chair and eating a, substantially, smaller portion of food that Eumelia had swiped for her. She seemed far happier to be there though was, for the moment, focused on her food.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:49 am
insidiousEnigma
On the dancefloooor

"If you aren't going to glaze lovingly into my eyes," Lex started teasingly, "Looking slightly above my hair works, keeps your head up and lets you re-divert your eyes down when I'm talking."

"Ooh, I haven't yet, but my Milotic and Dragonair had eggs, so they had been taking up a bit of space when i worked on homing the eggs." A lot of space, and Percy wasn't a light weight. "I'm glad to hear work has been going well."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:39 am
Shaddaling
On the dancefloooor

Zacharie's eyes immediately snapped to meet Lex's before drifting to stare just over his head. " Ah...right." He muttered, cheeks quickly turning red once again. "Did they really? That's exciting." He said lightly as he steered them away from another couple dancing nearby. "Baby Pokemon are very..." He cocked his head slightly and smiled a bit, remembering when he had first found Jabari. "Cute."

It was at that moment that the sound of his brother's name caught his attention. He didn't know anyone aside from Vincent that said his brother's name so...loudly. Was something wrong? Was Andre alright?

"Lex," He brought them to a stop. "You're going to have to excuse me. I'm going to go check on my brother." The boy took a step back and bowed awkwardly. "We can dance again later, if you want." He offered before practically sprinting towards the buffet table.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Sao Kasai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:51 am

[ Izaya's Pokemon ]

The scyther growled lightly, not wanting to admit to being jealous or not. Instead, he looked down at the sneasel and shrugged. Hugging was an odd gesture to a creature with sword arms, but it didn't hurt and seemed to make the smaller pokemon not distressed.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff