Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Nations of Gaia v2

Back to Guilds

Promoting and exploring multiculturalism on Gaia. 

Tags: united, nations, gaia, international 

Reply Chatterbox
Introduction Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:04 am
MlDORI
Hellooooo all!

Thanks for the invitation though I'm still unsure what this guild is about. But I guess I'll figure things out here in due time.

I am Midori from Singapore. Been on Gaia for close to 9/10 years. I'm currently majoring in Filmmaking and minoring in Linguistics. My passions are writing, acting, and the study of languages. I also act sometimes, in theatre or in film.

Hope everyone is doing well! Look forward to knowing you all!
Welcome aboard! It's basically a Guild to meet people from other places. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:11 am
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Hellooooo all!

Thanks for the invitation though I'm still unsure what this guild is about. But I guess I'll figure things out here in due time.

I am Midori from Singapore. Been on Gaia for close to 9/10 years. I'm currently majoring in Filmmaking and minoring in Linguistics. My passions are writing, acting, and the study of languages. I also act sometimes, in theatre or in film.

Welcome aboard! It's basically a Guild to meet people from other places. 3nodding

Thank you! I think it's a brilliant idea to connect people worldwide. I'm going to explore the various threads.  

MZgen

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:13 am
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Hellooooo all!

Thank you! I think it's a brilliant idea to connect people worldwide. I'm going to explore the various threads.
Please do. heart Feel free to create some too if you want. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:14 am
Hi!
I'm Nor, I'm 20 years old, and I live in New Mexico USA. I've lived in a few other states but nowhere particularly interesting lol
I'm a freshman at the community college here, just kinda working towards a 2-year general studies AA so I can transfer somewhere better and rack up the scholarship opportunities. I hope to eventually be able to major in history, minor in English, and go on to find a job in a museum (preferrably, archiving/curation). I'm unemployed for now though, mostly to focus on school but also because my health was getting in the way of my last entry-level job and my boyfriend and I decided it was unwise for me to keep pushing myself, yadda yadda, so on.
I'm continually into in a lot of different media (I'm totally a film/comic/literature buff), and I have a lot of hobbies/skills that I dabble in, but probably the one thing I'd consider myself really good at is writing. I'm currently writing a historical fiction/supernatural novel that's been in its WIP status for years. I'm also finding myself getting really interested in doll collecting and posed photography, latey 3nodding
Also, I'm trans male (just think of me as male, but don't be shocked if I start talking about "girl" stuff), and completely obessed with 80's goth. That's all I can think of lol  

Agua de Horchata

Shy Smoker

MZgen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:20 am
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Hellooooo all!

Awesome! Anyway, just curious, why and how did you come about creating this guild?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:21 am
Reeperbahn
Hi!
I'm Nor, I'm 20 years old, and I live in New Mexico USA. I've lived in a few other states but nowhere particularly interesting lol
I'm a freshman at the community college here, just kinda working towards a 2-year general studies AA so I can transfer somewhere better and rack up the scholarship opportunities. I hope to eventually be able to major in history, minor in English, and go on to find a job in a museum (preferrably, archiving/curation). I'm unemployed for now though, mostly to focus on school but also because my health was getting in the way of my last entry-level job and my boyfriend and I decided it was unwise for me to keep pushing myself, yadda yadda, so on.
I'm continually into in a lot of different media (I'm totally a film/comic/literature buff), and I have a lot of hobbies/skills that I dabble in, but probably the one thing I'd consider myself really good at is writing. I'm currently writing a historical fiction/supernatural novel that's been in its WIP status for years. I'm also finding myself getting really interested in doll collecting and posed photography, latey 3nodding
Also, I'm trans male (just think of me as male, but don't be shocked if I start talking about "girl" stuff), and completely obessed with 80's goth. That's all I can think of lol
Welcome aboard! MtF trans or FtM trans? I'm actually MtF trans myself. I want to get a sex change but I'm deathly afraid of needles. Trying to find a way to overcome my fear. >.<  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Agua de Horchata

Shy Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:25 am
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Reeperbahn
Hi!
Welcome aboard! MtF trans or FtM trans? I'm actually MtF trans myself. I want to get a sex change but I'm deathly afraid of needles. Trying to find a way to overcome my fear. >.<

FtM!

Officially came out as such (I identified as bigender in sophomore year- onwards of high school) about... a year and a half ago? I haven't started transition though, unfortunately, because my health problems seem to me like they'd almost certainly get in the way, so at this point I'm planning to get those sorted out before I start messing with my hormone levels, lol. I don't know if I'll ever get ~the~ sex change, though, considering how completely nonrealistic the operations available for trans guys are. :/  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:25 am
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Hellooooo all!

Awesome! Anyway, just curious, why and how did you come about creating this guild?
This is actually my second time making this Guild. Hence the v2. I made the first one 11 years ago on an old account as a safe haven against racism. Back then it was a major issue in ED. I litterally saw someone get bullied off of Gaia because she spoke to someone in Portugese. The original UN was in response to that. But I eventually abandoned the account and gave the Guild to someone else (who changed it). I decided to start up a new one because I love meeting people from other places. 3nodding  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:30 am
Reeperbahn
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Reeperbahn
Hi!

FtM!

Officially came out as such (I identified as bigender in sophomore year- onwards of high school) about... a year and a half ago? I haven't started transition though, unfortunately, because my health problems seem to me like they'd almost certainly get in the way, so at this point I'm planning to get those sorted out before I start messing with my hormone levels, lol. I don't know if I'll ever get ~the~ sex change, though, considering how completely nonrealistic the operations available for trans guys are. :/
I'd switch with you if I could. xd I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a sex change. Aside from the needles, there's also the issue of money. And yeah, there isn't much for doctors to work with with FtM patients. Maybe with advances in stem cell research they can alleviate that a bit.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:45 am
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Hellooooo all!

This is actually my second time making this Guild. Hence the v2. I made the first one 11 years ago on an old account as a safe haven against racism. Back then it was a major issue in ED. I litterally saw someone get bullied off of Gaia because she spoke to someone in Portugese. The original UN was in response to that. But I eventually abandoned the account and gave the Guild to someone else (who changed it). I decided to start up a new one because I love meeting people from other places. 3nodding

Oh dear, I have not been on ED so I didn't know of that issue. But that was horrid, no one deserves to be disparaged for one's race, religion or language. While this has been reinforced over and over again (whether by the media or not), reality is that racism or xenophobia is prevalent. I am relieved and thankful that most of the world is open-minded. And I continue to believe so. I hope this guild takes flight! And nice to meet you too! emotion_yatta  

MZgen

Agua de Horchata

Shy Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:46 am
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Reeperbahn
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Reeperbahn
Hi!

FtM!

I'd switch with you if I could. xd I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a sex change. Aside from the needles, there's also the issue of money. And yeah, there isn't much for doctors to work with with FtM patients. Maybe with advances in stem cell research they can alleviate that a bit.

Same, lol.
Money's also a big concern, with any of it. I hear they've actually successfully transplanted male genitals in two cases now (although one of the men they worked on eventually couldn't handle it and got his removed again or something?) so with those kinds of advancements I could see it becoming a more common method of ftm sex change, like, in our lifetime... although not necessarily very soon. I can only imagine how expensive that'd be, though, and then you actually end up needing a donor... burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:52 am
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI

Oh dear, I have not been on ED so I didn't know of that issue. But that was horrid, no one deserves to be disparaged for one's race, religion or language. While this has been reinforced over and over again (whether by the media or not), reality is that racism or xenophobia is prevalent. I am relieved and thankful that most of the world is open-minded. And I continue to believe so. I hope this guild takes flight! And nice to meet you too! emotion_yatta
It's not like that in ED anymore. Thankfully. The forums aren't as active now as they once were either. The sports forum is practically dead. xd  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:55 am
Reeperbahn
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Reeperbahn
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Reeperbahn
Hi!

FtM!

Same, lol.
Money's also a big concern, with any of it. I hear they've actually successfully transplanted male genitals in two cases now (although one of the men they worked on eventually couldn't handle it and got his removed again or something?) so with those kinds of advancements I could see it becoming a more common method of ftm sex change, like, in our lifetime... although not necessarily very soon. I can only imagine how expensive that'd be, though, and then you actually end up needing a donor... burning_eyes
Interesting. I didn't think it was possible to transplant sex organs. If this technique can be done safely then I don't think donors will be a problem. I'd gladly trade mine for a woman's. xd Finding compatible donors might be tricky though. And then there's the cost. . . sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:57 am
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI

It's not like that in ED anymore. Thankfully. The forums aren't as active now as they once were either. The sports forum is practically dead. xd

That's true... Well I do know that the Chatterbox and Wordgames forums are still pretty active. The most active I'd say would be friendship hangout threads or event threads.  

MZgen

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:59 am
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI

That's true... Well I do know that the Chatterbox and Wordgames forums are still pretty active. The most active I'd say would be friendship hangout threads or event threads.
Spam will never die. xd And that's all those forums are.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff