Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Bobbing for Apples Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:19 pm
"No?" Huh... Abel frowned a bit. They'd talked about jobs and the like, surely... "I could've sworn I mentioned it," he said as his frown softened just a tad, then he shrugged. "I work at a gun shop and firing range. It's pretty interesting and I very much prefer it over other types of jobs - like desk jobs. I don't think I could stand having one of those; too much sitting around all day," he added with a rueful grin.

They approached another fork in the path, so the taller blond halted and looked to his friend. "Straight or right next?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:25 pm
"Humm?" Zevran frowned a little in return. "Were we drinking? Perhaps I forgot," he said with a slight shrug and a chuckle at admitting the possibility. "But now I know where I can get my new gun from! It certainly sounds a lot more enjoyable than working at a desk or," he waved his free hand vaguely, "in a grocery store, or restaurant or similar. All of those sound quite unbearable to me, people are so rude to retail and service staff! But not, I suspect, so much to people working in a firearms shop," he concluded with a grin, gesturing straight ahead and continuing on despite his comment of a few moments ago.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:40 pm
"Or maybe we were drinking and I only thought I told you but didn't actually," the blond suggested with a chuckle and a shrug as he headed down the path alongside his friend, the ground crunching beneath his shoes as he walked, "so I'm sorry. Yep, you can come buy a gun at the shop, though I'm afraid I can't give you a discount, and we generally don't get people coming in and being rude, although we do get them once in a while. They never seem to realize that if they're rude, we just don't sell them anything and they have to leave, but," he shrugged airily as if to say 'oh well, sucks for them.'  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:44 pm
Zevran returned the shrug; "Their loss," he expressed aloud, "so often people do not I find, especially people of a certain age and... social class shall we say? The ones with a moderately priced sports car and a secretary called Tracy. And yes I shall do that! Next week perhaps, before I spend all my money." He could afford something quite good at the moment - at least if prices were as he expected - and really there was no point having a gun unless you had a decent one. "If I leave it too long I will have only enough to buy a little toy like we used at the shooting range, or perhaps another little water pistol," he added with a grin.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:55 pm
"Yeah, some of them seemed like they'd fit that description, but just as often as not some of them seemed really far from it. Some people I'd expect that sort of behavior from, but then others surprise you with it, it seems like. But yeah, I can give you the address later or text it to you or something, and you can come check it out whenever. We've got plenty of firearms." He grinned and laughed as well, shaking his head as he continued walking down the path. "That won't be any good, no. A water pistol won't do you much good, will it? Ah, which way now?" The blond halted and gestured to the three-way fork they'd arrived at.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:39 am
It was true he supposed, unpleasant people came from every walk of life, he just tended to associate 'rudeness' with a certain kind of person he supposed as opposed to 'murderousness' for example.

"Not much good unless we have a Wicked Witch of the West to deal with," Zevran agreed with a smirk; cultural reference! It had been quite an enjoyable movie actually, charmingly dated. "I warn you I may be one of those customers who spends hours deciding what they want," he added as they approached the fork. This time instead of choosing Zevran shrugged; "Your turn to pick I think?" he elaborated. "And it occurs to me to ask, what do you find in the middle of these mazes? Is there a prize?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:59 am
"Ha! No, not really," he agreed with another grin and shake of his head. Thankfully they didn't have to deal with any of those - or well, he did, but he couldn't really use a water gun to get rid of her. "Oh dear," Abel said with mock distress, even going so far as to put a hand to his forehead, "I may have to deal with you for hours while you decide what you want? Woe is me, I don't think I'll survive spending hours with you!" Another grin as he casually bumped into his company before he picked a direction and began walking that way.

"Oh, hm.. All the corn mazes I've been in, the object is to go in the entrance and find your way to the exit. I've never been in one with a prize before," he admitted thoughtfully. "I don't know about this one, though." If there was a sign saying which it was - if not both - he hadn't noticed it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:03 am
"You are truly a saint for putting up with such an ordeal, they will give you a statue probably," Zevran replied seriously, smoothing a hand back over his hair and tilting his chin a little to look up at Abel through partially closed eyes. "Mmmh, I can see it now! Some kind of heroic pose, possibly you are mounted?" A pause. "On some kind of large majestic pokemon that is. As for our present situation I suppose we shall just have to continue blindly and find out what awaits us, a metaphor for life perhaps? Very deep. I wonder what the corn symbolises?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:02 pm
"They really should," the blond said with a self-important sniff as he lifted his chin a little bit in mock superiority. "Hm, that's a good idea, I think I'd like that," he went on, aiming a smirk at his friend before adding, "Arcanine would be the most fitting mount, I think, plus nothing beats riding a giant fire dog around. Have you ever done that before?"

As the pair rounded a bend in the maze, they were met with a wall of corn. "Ah, dead end," Abel said, then shrugged as he turned to aim a smile at Zevran. "Guess we head back and take a different path then. But that sounds about par for the course as far as corn mazes go. Wander around and get lost, and hm.. I don't know what it would symbolize, I've never been one to think too deeply about that sort of thing."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:16 pm
"It's probably phallic," Zevran said sagely as they turned around, "if you are unsure of the symbolism, probably penises." In the end almost everything in life came down to sex and power, recognising that put you a few steps ahead of people who liked to sugar coat things to themselves.

"But no," Zevran shook his head, "I have never ridden any kind of pokemon actually; I like the idea of a giant fire dog! Or perhaps- what are they called again? Ah, Rapidash, yes, they are quite elegant. Of course soon I hope to ride a knife bird, once I trust her not to simply drop me so that I become a delicious film on the ground far below."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:26 pm
"Oh definitely, almost everything is anyway, or at least that's half the symbolism - maybe it symbolizes something else? Being lost in a sea of.. something or other," he finished lamely with a vague gesture of his free hand. No, analyzing symbolism definitely wasn't his strong suit.

Abel nodded his head as memories of Ponyta and Rapidash at his family's ranch came to mind. "Yeah, those are really nice generally, a lot more slender and easier to get through traffic or trees than an Arcanine. And," he frowned, a hint of worry slipping into his demeanor, "when you start learning how to ride on her - and she starts learning to not drop you or throw you off on purpose - it would probably be a good idea to have a second, more trustworthy flying pokemon there to catch you if she does try to see what you look like painted on the ground."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:33 pm
"Mmmh, like beautiful if disturbing abstract art but - alas - like very dead abstract art too," Zevran replied, smirking darkly and hitching his basket onto his elbow so that he could form a picture frame shape with the thumb and forefinger of each hand and look at Abel through it. "I do have Pan, Mantine can't fly but they can glide? Which is better than nothing. I will have to do some tests with him, see if he is able to lose speed with jets of water. I certainly wouldn't want to find out that he can't the hard way - the very hard way." Hehehe, splat. It would be very quick at least, a better death than given to many.

"I will have to see about getting myself something I can ride on ground level though, it would make getting about town much quicker. Perhaps I need to do some research, see what is out there that would suit my needs and tastes." A very big dog sounded very Ferelden but there could be a certain pleasure in having a bigger one than their traditional beasts. It might not be the size that counted really but it was still good for bragging rights.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:14 pm
"Ah, yeah, I don't really get that either. I mean it's nice, and I know the artist probably put a lot of effort into it - even if sometimes it doesn't look like they did - but that's not really my thing," he admitted with a shrug. Aaand then Zevran was.. framing him? A slightly puzzled smile formed on his face, but a moment later he adopted the most heroic pose he could muster while carrying a large Nidoqueen plush under one arm and a life-sized Dratini draped around his neck. Isaac rolled his eyes. "Gliding is pretty good, but since Skarmory are probably better fliers you'll want another decent one to help out, just in case. Gliding might not cut it in that instance. And Rapidash are probably your best bet for riding around in the city, they can maneuver around a lot easier than Arcanine. I've seen Sawsbuck around too, but I think they're more suited for forests than cities."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:20 pm
"Ooooh, dashing!" Zevran cooed as Abel struck his incredibly manly pose, complete with adorable plushies. He really was very good fun, was Abel.

"What would you recommend? In the way of a flying type that is. I know Taavi has... Ah, Valour? Brave...something, but I have seen several other flying pokemon with passengers around. Sasha had a bat, quite small, it had to grab their back to carry them... I think I might pass on such a thing, I prefer to be on top in this particular instance." Rapidash was the city steed of choice was it though? Perhaps he would get one, but not before he discovered what a Sawsbuck was in case he liked it more.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:06 pm
"I am, aren't I?" He boasted, shifting his stance to flex his free arm and ignoring the odd look another couple gave him as they passed them by. "Conquered these beasts single-handed, I did."

Abandoning his heroic poses, he straightened up with a grin and hooked his thumb into his pocket. "Yeah, Valour's a Braviary. I dunno about Sasha," nor did he really care too much to talk about Taavi's questionable, suspicious boyfriend, "but I have seen a bunch of Pidgeot around. They're pretty common flying mounts. Apart from those, I'm not really sure of too many others... Nope, I can't think of any others right now." There were undoubtedly more, but he couldn't call to mind any of them. Maybe if he had a list or something to look at, but he didn't. Not in the middle of a maze... Oh yeah, the maze. "Ah, we should probably keep going, yeah? I think we both got distracted," he admitted with a rueful grin. Zevran provided a myriad of delightful distractions and Abel didn't mind them in the least. Nope, didn't mind them one bit.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff