[FIN] Pancake Party Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:57 pm
"Humm, we could add the fruit also," Zevran agreed with a thoughtful nod. "Traditionally you put the pancakes into the ah.... what would you call it? Sweet broth?" Zevran gestured at the contents of the pan. "That stuff, and allow them to sit in it for a short while before adding the alcohol and so getting the flame. It might be fun to try adding the fruit on top though; shall we? It will be an experiment, playing with fire if you will."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:22 pm
"Oh I was just trying to figure out how you were doing it," he clarified hastily, eyebrows raising a bit. "The last time I made pancakes they were boring pancakes, I never made them like this. However you wanna make them is fine with me," he said with a smile as he slid another cooked pancake onto the plate. As he set the pan back on the burner he offered his friend a small, sly smirk. "Doing new things is always fun though."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:30 pm
"On that point I cannot disagree, so fruit it is!" Zevren replied, also with a slight smirk. With the- whatever it was called now starting to bubble gently Zevran transferred the pancakes into the waiting pan and then poured most of the fruit mixture on top. "There," he nodded, "now we add the brandy, would you like to do the honours? Let it start really bubbling after that, and then we light- Humm, no gas. Oh well, a lighter will be fine!" Zevran grinned. "Whoever does it will just need to be quick with their hands so as not to get burned." One scorching was quite enough for him today, he hadn't actually checked but he was pretty sure Elizabeth had singed off some of his arm hair. It was a terrible fate, having mismatched arm hair.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:50 pm
"Sure," Abel agreed readily with a brief nod as he grabbed the brandy and carefully opened the bottle. Hmm, how much to add though? He didn't normally cook with brandy - or any kind of alcohol, unless it was in a can or glass nearby for him to drink while making something simple - so he wasn't too sure... Probably just a splash would be fine.. maybe? Shrugging internally, the blond added what he thought was a suitable amount - not too much, of course, since more could always be added but couldn't be removed - then turned to glance at his friend. "Is that good? And I've got a lighter," or several, "but I'm not sure I trust myself to set it on fire and not myself along with it," he added with a wry smile.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:06 pm
"Si, si, that's good," Zevran confirmed with a nod of approval. "And if you will lend me your lighter I shall set it alight then, I am quite quick!" If he was too slow and got burned he had only himself to blame but it should be fine, like passing your hand through a candle flame.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:33 pm
Good? Good! Abel put the cap back on the bottle and set it down, then frowned a bit. Lighter, lighter.. "I have plenty of smaller ones," he said as he pulled open a drawer and began to rummage through it. He didn't find what he was looking for in there though so he shut it and opened another one. Promptly he withdrew a larger lighter and offered it to his friend. "Ah, here." Much better! At least with a decent-sized one he had a much smaller chance of burning his fingers.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:36 pm
Zevran smirked as he reached out to take the proffered lighter. "Oh my, this is much bigger than I was expecting," he said with innocence that completely clashed with his expression. "Now, are we ready for some fire?" As he spoke Zevran turned back to the bubbling pan, tilted it sideways somewhat, and brought the lighter close to the liquid. The brandy caught light almost immediately and Zevran stepped back, indicating that Abel should take the pan. "Just give it a little shake, the alcohol will burn off soon!"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:54 pm
"Well I didn't want you to burn your fingers with a smaller one," he replied honestly, though his smirk matched Zevran's for a moment or two.

And then the pan was on fire. Abel accepted it without much hesitation at all - the fire was in the pan, after all, not outside of it - and gave it a shake as instructed. "How quickly does it burn off?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:58 pm
"You are very thoughtful," Zevran chuckled, leaning his elbow on the worktop and looking up at Abel with a small smile. "Ah, it is quite quick though. Less than a minute probably? Then the pancakes will be ready to serve! And the extra sauce," - sauce! That was the word he had been looking for! - "can be poured over the top if desired."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:29 pm
"I just don't like to see my friends hurt is all," the blond countered as he reached his free hand over to lightly pinch Zev's cheek at the corner of that small smile of his. It seemed a bit more genuine - less suggestive - and he rather liked it. Not that he didn't like his suggestive smiles of course, but they were common - little smiles like these seemed to be a rare commodity he enjoyed seeing. "Less than a minute, hm? So it's probably nearly done," he noted as he gave the pan another experimental shake. No, that had probably just been half a minute, it could probably use another ten or twenty more seconds.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:00 am
That... that had been rather unexpected. Zevran touched his face where Abel had gently pinched it and stood in surprised silence for a moment before giving a brief laugh. "You know those are not the cheeks I am used to people pinching." What a strange gesture. Why in the name of everything sacred or profane was it making him feel flushed? He picked up his half empty mug of by now rather cool coffee and brought it to his mouth, mentally chiding himself for practically hiding behind it but doing it all the same.

"Yes, it should burn itself out soon," he confirmed, glad to leave the confusing moment behind without further thought. "I hope the sauce is alright, it may be a little sharp... but we can always add more syrup if we desire yes?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:28 pm
"Oh I'm sure," Abel said with a small, sly smile, "that's why I did it." Or part of the reason, anyway. Either way he gave the pan another small shake, focusing on it instead of Zevran sipping more of his coffee. "I'm sure it'll be good, but yeah, we can always add more syrup or whatever else, but once it's in you can't take it back out."

After a few more seconds he gave the pan another shake and tilted it towards his friend, glancing in his direction as he did, "Does this look done? I've never done this before so I'm not really in any position to judge."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:42 pm
Zevran peered into the pan and then nodded. "Si, just about, give it a moment." Indeed a few moments later the flames died down and then went out all together; Zevran gestured to the pan. "When all the alcohol is burned the flames die... or if they don't you have done something quite wrong! I suppose it would stay on fire if it were hot enough but happily this does not seem to be the case. Should we take them though?" He wasn't sure what Taavi would want, company or to be left alone? Possibly both, or possibly it didn't make very much of a difference to him either way at the moment.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:49 pm
Another moment? The blond simply nodded and waited as instructed, and the flames winked out a second or two later. "Wrong like maybe drowned it in alcohol or something," he suggested, his tones faintly amused, as he gave the pan one final shake - just in case any fiery alcohol was hiding anywhere, but there wasn't - then set it down and turned off the heat. "Yeah, we can dish 'em out and eat in the living room, it's more comfortable in there." As he spoke he pulled a couple dishes over for that purpose, but he handed one to Zev and said with a slight smile, "Here, you first."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:53 pm
"Hehe, that would certainly do it," Zevran agreed with a smirk as he took one of the pancakes and some of the fruit for himself. "Fortunately you judged it well and we did not burn down the apartment, your landlord really would not be thrilled about that."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff