Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Angel Sanctuary Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many of the books can you find in your area?
1-5
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
6-10
57%
 57%  [ 29 ]
11-15
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
16-20
24%
 24%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 50

Boredom_Kills

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:46 pm
Sai-kun
Hayden715
Where I live we have up to volume 8 biggrin I love a.s. it's sooo frickin cool!!
but it always takes forever for new volumes to get here!! domokun
One of my friends downloaded all the volumes, how I don't know??
I really want to see the episodes of A.S. but I can't find them anywere!!! crying

Where do you live, Hayden?
The OAV is available most anywhere that carries anime dvds, like a mall movie store...
the manga is no longer available online because its liscensed, but omanga used to have it all.
THe scanlations are probably still available on irc...

I live in Canada and I still can't find the dvds anywere unless I ordered them online...
what's irc??  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:59 pm
Yeah, up through 8 out in the States. I believe they release a new one every two months. Fantastic series.

They're all insane. wink  

OboeGoddess

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:03 am
alicelights
Sanekazura

I've read vol 8 now! Fantastic! I have to admit that I thought vol 4-6 weren't as good as they could be, but now the intensity is back...

I did like Kato's backstory and that tiny bit of Raziel story. Though I agree about 'Noise' and 'Voice'. Yuki-san said, herself, that she hadn't fleshed those two out properly and that arc suffered for it.

Yay for Raziel XD I love that kid too...his and Zaphikel's arc was one of my favorite if not my favorite arcs.

@oboe:
Reigning master of crazy = Rosiel. Hands down.
Sandalphon is nuts, but he has a pretty concrete reason.
Rosiel is just off his rocker.

@Boredom
IRC is the predecessor to Instant messenger as we know it.
Its a community program that allows chat and file sharing.
It's still used as an one of the predominant outets for users to host/share a lot manga. Chances are if a series has been liscenesed in the states, scanlators may either stop work on a series all together and the files may be continued to be circulated on IRC.
OR, as is the case of Eyeshield, 21 work on the series will progress, though in a very very low key way, with chapters only being available on IRC and for a brief window through the web.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:21 am
Spoiler Ahead

I thought Rosiel did have a reason to go crazy. He was born without a proper body or something and he was overly obsessed with Alexiel but she didn't want to have anything to do with him because God told her if she loved Rosiel she would ignore him. I think it was due to Alexiel's "lack" of showing her love to Rosiel and being called constantly ugly that made him go crazy. I haven't read the manga is a really long time, but I think that might be the reason Rosiel's crazy.

Moonlit Masquerade

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:42 am
Moonlit Masquerade
Spoiler Ahead

I thought Rosiel did have a reason to go crazy. He was born without a proper body or something and he was overly obsessed with Alexiel but she didn't want to have anything to do with him because God told her if she loved Rosiel she would ignore him. I think it was due to Alexiel's "lack" of showing her love to Rosiel and being called constantly ugly that made him go crazy. I haven't read the manga is a really long time, but I think that might be the reason Rosiel's crazy.

Well I know why Rosiel went crazy, I just think its a reason that is very much in the air, very much up to interpretation, as compared to Sandalphon who wants a body and wants to take over the world/kill everybody.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:55 pm
Sai-kun
Moonlit Masquerade
Spoiler Ahead

Well I know why Rosiel went crazy, I just think its a reason that is very much in the air, very much up to interpretation, as compared to Sandalphon who wants a body and wants to take over the world/kill everybody.

Well, I think I understand Rosiel, at least a bit. He was always told that he is beautiful and loved, and then he starts seeing the world with his own eyes and notices he is an ugly monster, and no one loves him, at the opposite, most people are afraid of him. A bit later, his on twin who he loves ignores him completely, and then she also states she hates him because she was jealous of Rosiel... Besides, I supposse god didn't treat Rosiel very well, so the only one he had by his side was Katan. And his madness has something to do with the way he developed, from old to young, at least they said this at least once.
So I think he had pretty much reasons to go nuts, hadn't he? Atter having read the last volume I pitied Rosiel, at least a bit. Before this, I absolutely couldn't stand him...

Katinchen012

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:11 pm
Katinchen012

Well, I think I understand Rosiel, at least a bit. He was always told that he is beautiful and loved, and then he starts seeing the world with his own eyes and notices he is an ugly monster, and no one loves him, at the opposite, most people are afraid of him. A bit later, his on twin who he loves ignores him completely, and then she also states she hates him because she was jealous of Rosiel... Besides, I supposse god didn't treat Rosiel very well, so the only one he had by his side was Katan. And his madness has something to do with the way he developed, from old to young, at least they said this at least once.
So I think he had pretty much reasons to go nuts, hadn't he? Atter having read the last volume I pitied Rosiel, at least a bit. Before this, I absolutely couldn't stand him...

I felt the same way about Rosiel.

Spoiler Ahead

I felt horrible when Katan died and Rosiel was left all alone. For some reason, I really felt sorry for him during the last volumn, maybe because he completely lost his marbles. But it made me happy to see that Alexiel awoke and explained everything to Rosiel (and us) before killing him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:31 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
Katinchen012

I felt the same way about Rosiel.

Spoiler Ahead

I felt horrible when Katan died and Rosiel was left all alone. For some reason, I really felt sorry for him during the last volumn, maybe because he completely lost his marbles. But it made me happy to see that Alexiel awoke and explained everything to Rosiel (and us) before killing him.

[More white text]
I do believe Kaori Yuki meant Rosiel to be a pitiful character. Even Setsuna saw through him and put down his hatred for him.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:22 am
Sai-kun

[More white text]
I do believe Kaori Yuki meant Rosiel to be a pitiful character. Even Setsuna saw through him and put down his hatred for him.

Spoiler-ish

That's true. I remember that. I think Setsuna said, "Let me hate you" or something like that. I read the manga is French so I guess it kind of translates to that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:59 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
Sai-kun

[More white text]

Spoiler-ish

That's true. I remember that. I think Setsuna said, "Let me hate you" or something like that. I read the manga is French so I guess it kind of translates to that.

And the spoilers continue...

Yes, Setsuna said "Let me et least hate you until the end" or something like this. And later, he also thinks "It flows through my wings... So sad that it hurts. The truth..." So even Setsuna, who hated Rosiel more than anything else, pitied him in the end. Then it's no miracle the readers also feel pity towards Rosiel, is it?  

Katinchen012

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:47 pm
Katinchen012

Yes, Setsuna said "Let me et least hate you until the end" or something like this. And later, he also thinks "It flows through my wings... So sad that it hurts. The truth..." So even Setsuna, who hated Rosiel more than anything else, pitied him in the end. Then it's no miracle the readers also feel pity towards Rosiel, is it?

No, it isn't. Still it was a good ending, it ended with a twist. It was especially surprised when Rosiel gave Setsuna his wings and Lucifer and Alexiel ended up together.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:36 am
Moonlit Masquerade
Katinchen012

No, it isn't. Still it was a good ending, it ended with a twist. It was especially surprised when Rosiel gave Setsuna his wings and Lucifer and Alexiel ended up together.

Rosiel giving Setsuna his wings was quite a surprise to me too, but I had no doubts about the Alexiel/Lucifer thing. If one thinks of what they did to be together... Lucifer let God catch him and seal him into Nanatsusaya, Alexiel stole the sword just to be with Lucifer and to fight by his side... So this was really no surprise to me, after such a long time being apart they had to end up together.  

Katinchen012

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:57 am
Katinchen012

Rosiel giving Setsuna his wings was quite a surprise to me too, but I had no doubts about the Alexiel/Lucifer thing. If one thinks of what they did to be together... Lucifer let God catch him and seal him into Nanatsusaya, Alexiel stole the sword just to be with Lucifer and to fight by his side... So this was really no surprise to me, after such a long time being apart they had to end up together.

At first I didn't like Alexiel, because I thought she was kind of full of it, so I wasn't really happy about her and Lucifer together (because Lucifer is damn hot, in my opinion 3nodding ). But as the manga progresses, I started to like her. You find out more about her past and everything so I started liking her. I find Lucifer and Alexiel have a really strange relationship but somehow, it seems right at the same time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:51 am
Moonlit Masquerade
Katinchen012

At first I didn't like Alexiel, because I thought she was kind of full of it, so I wasn't really happy about her and Lucifer together (because Lucifer is damn hot, in my opinion 3nodding ). But as the manga progresses, I started to like her. You find out more about her past and everything so I started liking her. I find Lucifer and Alexiel have a really strange relationship but somehow, it seems right at the same time.

I liked her from the beginning, but to be honest I didn't like Lucifer at first. Yes, he IS damn hot, you're right, but as long as he acted as Rosiel's puppet, I couldn't stand him.
About their relationship I absolutely agree, and I'm glad they could be together in the end.
What I find kind of.. well, not suprising, but something similar, ist that both Lucifer AND Nanatsusaya loved Alexiel without Nanatsusaya knowing about its past.

Katinchen012

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:51 pm
Katinchen012

I liked her from the beginning, but to be honest I didn't like Lucifer at first. Yes, he IS damn hot, you're right, but as long as he acted as Rosiel's puppet, I couldn't stand him.
About their relationship I absolutely agree, and I'm glad they could be together in the end.
What I find kind of.. well, not suprising, but something similar, ist that both Lucifer AND Nanatsusaya loved Alexiel without Nanatsusaya knowing about its past.

It's understandable why it's hard to like Lucifer at first. I mean, he did kind of betray Setsuna and tried to kill Kato (and Setsu). I thought that was very cold-hearted of him when I saw what he did. However, it was touching when Lucifer saved Setsuna's life at the end.
I thought Lucifer was Nanatsuaya.

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces