Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Which controls are better to you????? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:08 am
Yes, I did. I figured I'd save that one for myself. There's a whole lot of topics in the world. I'm sure me and Stranger will get into a heated debate about something, and when that day comes... Anywho, back on topic.

Resident Evil is Survival Horror... So for Survival Horror, RE4 really sucks.

I mean, it's like, imagine you're trying to make a pizza, and your pizza tastes like the best ice cream in the world. It'd be an awesome flavor for ice cream... But it's supposed to be pizza, dammit!
And then you STILL insist, "This is the true flavor of pizza."
And all these people who didn't like pizza said, "Now THIS is pizza! I love this pizza! I didn't care about pizza before, but this sweet, vanilla chocolate, bubble gum tasting pizza is the good stuff!"

What pisses me off more than anything in the world though, is like... If you didn't like the old controls, that's fine. But when people say, "Resident Evil 4 abandoned the old, archaic gameplay style."
GO ******** yourselves, people! Whoever says it. If Resident Evil fixed camera angles and tank controls are archaic, then side scrollers are archaic too, why play the new Mario for the Wii? First person shooters are older than survival horror, why is Modern Warfare 2 such a big deal if its gameplay style is old and archaic?
And it's not like it stayed completely the same throughout history. Capcom added the 180 turn, they added defense items to Remake, they improved the knife controls in Code Veronica, they had all kinds of different features in various RE games. Technically speaking, Tank Controlled survival horror games have seen more variation than 80% of first person shooters, that are usually exactly the same, with maybe different physics engines.

So if you suck too much to have the hand-eye coordination to handle the fixed camera angles with tank controls... Then admit that you suck and leave Survival Horror alone. But do NOT call it archaic.

Remember what page this is on, so I can copy and paste it next time I DO talk to someone who calls it archaic.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:33 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Yes, I did. I figured I'd save that one for myself. There's a whole lot of topics in the world. I'm sure me and Stranger will get into a heated debate about something, and when that day comes... Anywho, back on topic.

Resident Evil is Survival Horror... So for Survival Horror, RE4 really sucks.

I mean, it's like, imagine you're trying to make a pizza, and your pizza tastes like the best ice cream in the world. It'd be an awesome flavor for ice cream... But it's supposed to be pizza, dammit!
And then you STILL insist, "This is the true flavor of pizza."
And all these people who didn't like pizza said, "Now THIS is pizza! I love this pizza! I didn't care about pizza before, but this sweet, vanilla chocolate, bubble gum tasting pizza is the good stuff!"

What pisses me off more than anything in the world though, is like... If you didn't like the old controls, that's fine. But when people say, "Resident Evil 4 abandoned the old, archaic gameplay style."
GO ******** yourselves, people! Whoever says it. If Resident Evil fixed camera angles and tank controls are archaic, then side scrollers are archaic too, why play the new Mario for the Wii? First person shooters are older than survival horror, why is Modern Warfare 2 such a big deal if its gameplay style is old and archaic?
And it's not like it stayed completely the same throughout history. Capcom added the 180 turn, they added defense items to Remake, they improved the knife controls in Code Veronica, they had all kinds of different features in various RE games. Technically speaking, Tank Controlled survival horror games have seen more variation than 80% of first person shooters, that are usually exactly the same, with maybe different physics engines.

So if you suck too much to have the hand-eye coordination to handle the fixed camera angles with tank controls... Then admit that you suck and leave Survival Horror alone. But do NOT call it archaic.

Remember what page this is on, so I can copy and paste it next time I DO talk to someone who calls it archaic.

I agree. :3 and 8 is the symbolic number of inifity as in, your debating skills are infinitely awesome so remember page "8".

as a general statement i say that the only thing i see as archaic, is 8 bit HAHHA xD. i mean remember when computer ram used to be 2 mega bytes? or when hard drives were like....what...30 mega bytes? god. i think tank controls....or maybe im not defining it right. basically having to manuver the thumbstick against the set camera angle, i think its rather damn amusing. makes it a bit more challenging too, especially when you hit a tight corner, the camera angle suddenly changes while a zombie is chasing you at the same time. or in silent hill 2's case, sometimes you're going straight forward, all the sudden the camera angle switches and if you don't keep the thumstick in the direction you had it going and move it an inch, your character completely gets flipped around. Devil May Cry series actually has that sort of issue from time to time.

[edit] my favorite aspect of ANY control i think is that 180 degree flip a rooney. lol every time i play a game that isn't from RE, i keep mechanically trying to do that down thumbstick + x or whatever button it is and my character refuses to turn around really quick. i know that was only incorporated into RE 4 and up...i think, but it really is a rather nifty control.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:11 am
Yeah, I was gonna mention that. I've played countless games where I'm, say, pushing left to run into the left direction, then the camera suddenly changes, and bam, the character gets flipped. The worst is when you're pushing left, then the angle gets turned completely around, so you suddenly twitch and left means back where you came form, so the camera changes again, and you're stuck going back and forth.
When you have tank controls, it's relative. Which means when you're pushing up, regardless of the angle, you know where the character is gonna go. It's perfect for games where camera is independent. And even putting Survival Horror aside, I think more games need independent and dramatic camera angles. Imagine if you're playing, like, a Mario game, like a platformer or an RPG or something. And your character is running down a hall into a big throne room where there's a king. And as he's running, the camera suddenly changes to show like, from the perspective of the king, as you're running your hero into the throne room, you watch them enter. Or something of the sort.

Oh, that reminds me.
ATTENTION EVERYONE. Wayyy before I played Resident Evil, I remember I was at Blockbuster video and they had one of their PS1 consoles set up to play some game. This was in 1998 or 99. And the game on it, looked like an RPG. It might not have been, but it was really fantasy like setting, the room I remember looked like a blue cave with a body of water and a pedestal, I believe, and there was light shining into it and it made the whole room shine. I'm pretty sure it was a pre-rendered background. But the character you control, it was implementing tank controls. And I had a hard time getting around at the time, even though I understood the concept behind it.
What I'm wondering is, does anyone know which game this might be? It seemed interesting.

But errum.. The 180 turn has been used in RE since RE3. It's kind of a disappointment, and makes me want to slap Konami for actually listening to those idiot American developers who made Silent Hill Homecoming... But Homecoming doesn't have a 180 turn function. That's like... Every Silent Hill game has had it, other than SH4 and Origins, which didn't need it because of the third person control scheme.
But how do you have a typical behind the back horror shooter without a 180 turn? That just... Makes no sense.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:56 pm
I'm really curious as to what this post said now.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:12 pm
Suffer, mortal.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:30 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, I was gonna mention that. I've played countless games where I'm, say, pushing left to run into the left direction, then the camera suddenly changes, and bam, the character gets flipped. The worst is when you're pushing left, then the angle gets turned completely around, so you suddenly twitch and left means back where you came form, so the camera changes again, and you're stuck going back and forth.
When you have tank controls, it's relative. Which means when you're pushing up, regardless of the angle, you know where the character is gonna go. It's perfect for games where camera is independent. And even putting Survival Horror aside, I think more games need independent and dramatic camera angles. Imagine if you're playing, like, a Mario game, like a platformer or an RPG or something. And your character is running down a hall into a big throne room where there's a king. And as he's running, the camera suddenly changes to show like, from the perspective of the king, as you're running your hero into the throne room, you watch them enter. Or something of the sort.

Oh, that reminds me.
ATTENTION EVERYONE. Wayyy before I played Resident Evil, I remember I was at Blockbuster video and they had one of their PS1 consoles set up to play some game. This was in 1998 or 99. And the game on it, looked like an RPG. It might not have been, but it was really fantasy like setting, the room I remember looked like a blue cave with a body of water and a pedestal, I believe, and there was light shining into it and it made the whole room shine. I'm pretty sure it was a pre-rendered background. But the character you control, it was implementing tank controls. And I had a hard time getting around at the time, even though I understood the concept behind it.
What I'm wondering is, does anyone know which game this might be? It seemed interesting.

But errum.. The 180 turn has been used in RE since RE3. It's kind of a disappointment, and makes me want to slap Konami for actually listening to those idiot American developers who made Silent Hill Homecoming... But Homecoming doesn't have a 180 turn function. That's like... Every Silent Hill game has had it, other than SH4 and Origins, which didn't need it because of the third person control scheme.
But how do you have a typical behind the back horror shooter without a 180 turn? That just... Makes no sense.

I've been playing SH 2 again recently and just got up to the point where you have to find those damn freaking coins. But I found them, but anyway I had forgotten that it actually does have a 180 degree turn, but its more of a flip. I play the xbox version so like i think its Left Trigger and you hold it down the camera automatically faces the direction your character is looking. Sometimes it doesn't let you do it though and you have to walk like a couple of feet ahead before it flips completely around.

THAT type of flip turn I think I could see being incorporated into, or working for the older RE games. Then again maybe its not necessary because the cameras, at least in RE 1 I know the angles are "set" and didn't move like they do in SH 2. In fact they were purposely set to give that dramatic affect. Nevermind. God....stupid crap....I take that back. The older RE's don't need that flip turn lol who am I kidding? The set camera angles were just fine.

Stranger- what post are you referring to? O.o do you mean the posts I mentioned on page 7 that I said were retarded and that I was probably going to change or delete? If yes, then well I went back to older posts, mainly just the one in "Identification" and compeltely changed the crap it had originally said to something more suitable. Identification if you want to give it a read for amusement feel free. I also went into the RE fan-made video thread and deleted my post. It was mainly giving links to RE 5 videos I had made, parodies and music videos and no one had responded to it so I figured I'd just delete it. Some of the posts with the debates I had with Bio though I didn't delete because I think the viewpoints he posted and you posted and others posted are great references that I can link new guild members to if they had the same ideas I had when I first came in. That way it saves a lot of pain and effort for you guys to not have to over and over explain your reasoning's for why the newer games are crap. They're good refreshers for me as well.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:21 pm
ElenaMason
I've been playing SH 2 again recently and just got up to the point where you have to find those damn freaking coins. But I found them, but anyway I had forgotten that it actually does have a 180 degree turn, but its more of a flip. I play the xbox version so like i think its Left Trigger and you hold it down the camera automatically faces the direction your character is looking. Sometimes it doesn't let you do it though and you have to walk like a couple of feet ahead before it flips completely around.
No, no. If you push the left and right side step buttons at the same time, he actually turns around. Same as doing a down and run in RE.

BTW, why the name change?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:50 am
I cannot stand the controls for the Gamecube games (like Re2, Re0, Re3 REmake, etc.) or the controls for any of the Resident Evil Archives that they create for the Wii. But i can use the Resident Evil 4 controls on the wii really easy and i use control type D on Resident Evil 5.  

Elaineybrainey

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:39 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
ElenaMason
No, no. If you push the left and right side step buttons at the same time, he actually turns around. Same as doing a down and run in RE.

BTW, why the name change?

Quite a few months ago I created an original character for the Resident Evil universe and her name is Elena Mason. And SaintChaos is an original character I created for the DC comicbook universe and I felt like changing it. Especially since I have an outfit put together that looks like Elena's for my avi. I have a back story for Elena and everything. In short, she works as an agent for Wesker xP haha who would have seen that one coming? *sarcasm*

Btw, oh wow....I didn't know you could make the character turn like that. I'll have to give it a try. o.o  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:25 pm
Interesting.

Yep. Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3, you can do it. SH4 and Origins use 3rd person (or 2D as SH2 refers to it) controls. So they don't need it.
And Homecoming, you can't do a 180 at all... Way to go.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:24 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Suffer, mortal.

C'mon now. What's the big deal? You chicken?!? BWOK! BWOK!

P.S. Gaya is ********' broken, man.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:32 am
Thee Stranger
Biohazard EXTREME
Suffer, mortal.

You don't push the big red button at the BEGINNING of the war. You save it for when you need it.

That Gaia is broken doesn't surprise me. But honestly, by the third ******** day, I expected them to fix it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Thee Stranger
Biohazard EXTREME
Suffer, mortal.

You don't push the big red button at the BEGINNING of the war. You save it for when you need it.

That Gaia is broken doesn't surprise me. But honestly, by the third ******** day, I expected them to fix it.

What war? Just tell me what you said. Goddamn.

EDIT: Oh, I bet I know what it is now. Guess that makes me a hypocrite and a jackass. And for that, I guess an apology is in order. Yes, that's true. I did say that. And truth be told, I didn't really enjoy *ahem* and *ahrm* when they made their initial transition into *ahrhem*. And I thought *ahrm* was extremely overrated, not that I ever got a chance to play it much anyway, because my sister was constantly playing it, pausing it literally about every 5 seconds to look at the strategy guide, which kind of turned me off to it because it was damn boring as hell watching her play it. So in that time period, I was mostly playing other things on PS1. And by the time that she was done with it, I had already moved on. But I did enjoy *ahem* and *ahrm* on Gamecube. Especially *ahem*. And since I pre-ordered *ahrm* on Gamecube, I got both *ahrmhem* as a packaged bonus, and had an opportunity to play and enjoy them after the fact. I also picked up *ahem* on a whim on DS... and still couldn't get into it enough to finish it. Though I respect what it did for the industry greatly, and think it vastly improved on the foundation with *ahem*. But mainly, I just wanted to provide an explanantion as to why *arhm* didn't make my list when it was so prominent on everyone elses. Figured it had already gotten its just due. And my initital experience with it was somewhat hindered. And *ahem*... well, I just couldn't put that on my list if I'm being true to myself.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:16 am
Thee Stranger

EDIT: Oh, I bet I know what it is now. Guess that makes me a hypocrite and a jackass. And for that, I guess an apology is in order. Yes, that's true. I did say that. And truth be told, I didn't really enjoy *ahem* and *ahrm* when they made their initial transition into *ahrhem*. And I thought *ahrm* was extremely overrated, not that I ever got a chance to play it much anyway, because my sister was constantly playing it, pausing it literally about every 5 seconds to look at the strategy guide, which kind of turned me off to it because it was damn boring as hell watching her play it. So in that time period, I was mostly playing other things on PS1. And by the time that she was done with it, I had already moved on. But I did enjoy *ahem* and *ahrm* on Gamecube. Especially *ahem*. And since I pre-ordered *ahrm* on Gamecube, I got both *ahrmhem* as a packaged bonus, and had an opportunity to play and enjoy them after the fact. I also picked up *ahem* on a whim on DS... and still couldn't get into it enough to finish it. Though I respect what it did for the industry greatly, and think it vastly improved on the foundation with *ahem*. But mainly, I just wanted to provide an explanantion as to why *arhm* didn't make my list when it was so prominent on everyone elses. Figured it had already gotten its just due. And my initital experience with it was somewhat hindered. And *ahem*... well, I just couldn't put that on my list if I'm being true to myself.

I have no idea what you just said. But if you replace every "Ahem" with Taiwanese hooker, then you're dirty.

No, what I'm talking about is a one liner that'll win any argument.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:54 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Thee Stranger

I have no idea what you just said. But if you replace every "Ahem" with Taiwanese hooker, then you're dirty.

No, what I'm talking about is a one liner that'll win any argument.

oh THAT post....haha no wonder i was lost. guess itll be between just you and me bio cuz i remember what your post was xD oh btw Bio. I tired to do those two set controls you said to do, to do a 180 turn....and it doesnt do it O_o....did you do the controls on the xbox system? cuz thats the one im playing the game on. maybe im not doing it right or something....i shall play some more >_> <_< >_>  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff