Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
On the subject of dating and marriage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:41 am
Deivon
they dont even let me date, but they'd commit suicide if i dated a japanese guy. they dont really like white guys or black guys either...

same here 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Deivon
they dont even let me date, but they'd commit suicide if i dated a japanese guy. they dont really like white guys or black guys either...
why would they do that?  

yalie5

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:38 pm
yalie5
Deivon
why would they do that?

i dunno, my parents are strict about who i date  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:41 pm
yalie5
Deivon
why would they do that?
Do some chinese history first.
World war II the crimes Japan commited aginst China during it.
0-0;
I'm guessing most parents don't want to have grandchildren of other ethnic groups beacuse they fear they might not have traditional values or be able to speak their langauge fluently at all.

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:45 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Deivon
why would they do that?
0-0;
I'm guessing most parents don't want to have grandchildren of other ethnic groups beacuse they fear they might not have traditional values or be able to speak their langauge fluently at all.

even i can only speak cantonese 50% fluently (i can't speak it too well, but i will if i have to)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:58 pm
Kurama35
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Deivon
why would they do that?
0-0;

even i can only speak cantonese 50% fluently (i can't speak it too well, but i will if i have to)

i know about the war crimes and stuff... but that was a long time ago... i doubt it matter anymore. and even if their grand children were mixed doesn't mean that they can't learn about their cultures and traditions.  

yalie5

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:05 pm
yalie5
Kurama35
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Deivon
why would they do that?
0-0;

i know about the war crimes and stuff... but that was a long time ago... i doubt it matter anymore. and even if their grand children were mixed doesn't mean that they can't learn about their cultures and traditions.
Actually it still does. 0-0; Check current events..
Quote:
SHANGHAI, China - About 20,000 anti-Japanese protesters - some shouting "kill the Japanese" - rampaged through Shanghai on Saturday, stoning Japan's consulate and smashing cars and shops in protest over Tokyo's bid for a permanent U.N. Security Council seat and perceived whitewashing of wartime atrocities.
And that was just recently.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:07 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Kurama35
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Deivon
why would they do that?
0-0;

Quote:
SHANGHAI, China - About 20,000 anti-Japanese protesters - some shouting "kill the Japanese" - rampaged through Shanghai on Saturday, stoning Japan's consulate and smashing cars and shops in protest over Tokyo's bid for a permanent U.N. Security Council seat and perceived whitewashing of wartime atrocities.
geez... i've been living under rock for way too long eek  

yalie5

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:01 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Kurama35
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Deivon
why would they do that?
0-0;

Quote:

yea, even though i'm chinese i love japanese food but my grandpa won't even try it, let alone try it  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:47 pm
Kurama35
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Kurama35
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Deivon
why would they do that?
0-0;

Quote:

yea, even though i'm chinese i love japanese food but my grandpa won't even try it, let alone try it

yea... well my mom doesn't like the japanese much either... she keeps bringing up world war 2... but i don't mind them one bit biggrin  

yalie5

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:13 pm
yalie5
Kurama35
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Kurama35
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Deivon
why would they do that?
0-0;

Quote:

yea... well my mom doesn't like the japanese much either... she keeps bringing up world war 2... but i don't mind them one bit biggrin

me neither  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:54 pm
oh yeah, the protests and the marching... i read about everyday, cos we get chinese newspapers.  

cold_blooded_chick

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:22 pm
cold_blooded_chick
oh yeah, the protests and the marching... i read about everyday, cos we get chinese newspapers.

nice... i haven't seen a chinese newspaper since... ever eek  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:42 pm
yalie5
cold_blooded_chick

nice... i haven't seen a chinese newspaper since... ever eek

my grandpa reads them but when he's done, i use it somehow in projects or something sweatdrop but that's the only time i really see them

btw, we should really get back on topic (on this last forum that i used to go to, ppl were constantly going off topic and that forum lasted for about a couple of months, then it died)  

[J.C.]

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:54 pm
Kurama35

btw, we should really get back on topic (on this last forum that i used to go to, ppl were constantly going off topic and that forum lasted for about a couple of months, then it died)

right, well... dating isn't the first thing on my mind right now, i'm not too interested in boys, although i wouldn't mind a few admirers... xd  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff