Karate (Kyokushinkai) - Jin Kazama
Tae Kwon Do (Olympic ITF) - Hwoarang
Professional Wrestling (Lucha Libre) - King, Armor King
Muay Thai - Bruce Irvin
Tae Kwon Do (Moo-Duk Kwan) - Baek Doo-San
Chinese Kenpo (Quan Fa) - Feng Wei
Kenpo (Shaolin Kenpo Karate) - Lei Wulong
Drunken Kung Fu - Lei Wulong
Five Animal Kung Fu (Snake (She Quan), Dragon (Lung Quan), Panther (Ba Quan) Tiger (He Quan), Crane (Fujian Ba He Quan)) - Lei Wulong
Ninjutsu (Seishin-Teki Kyoyo and Taijutsu) - Raven
Sambo (Military-Combat Sambo) - Sergei Dragunov

Capoiera (Brizilian style martial arts)- Eddy Gordo, Christie Montiero  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:05 pm
kittybikerX
MoonSoo
Real Styles of Martial Arts depicted in Tekken
Muay Thai - Bruce Irvin
Five Animal Kung Fu (Snake (She Quan), Dragon (Lung Quan), Panther (Ba Quan) Tiger (He Quan), Crane (Fujian Ba He Quan)) - Lei Wulong

I'll repeat myself. The Capoeira performed by Eddie and Christie is not fully authentic since it also incorperates numerous breakdancing moves and techniques.

And come on, do we really need arguing in a thread like this? I just wanna discuss the characters' Martial Arts styles. So there's no need to fight.

And by the way, Lee does use Jeet Kune Do and not Mishima-Ryu Karate. If you look at Lee's Bio, his fighting style is Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do) and not Mishima-Ryu.  

MoonSoo
Crew

Blak Majic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:49 am
MoonSoo
kittybikerX
MoonSoo
Real Styles of Martial Arts depicted in Tekken
Muay Thai - Bruce Irvin

I'll repeat myself. The Capoeira performed by Eddie and Christie is not fully authentic since it also incorperates numerous breakdancing moves and techniques.

And come on, do we really need arguing in a thread like this? I just wanna discuss the characters' Martial Arts styles. So there's no need to fight.

And by the way, Lee does use Jeet Kune Do and not Mishima-Ryu Karate. If you look at Lee's Bio, his fighting style is Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do) and not Mishima-Ryu.

Yeah I figured that out. My BAD!!! (again) crying
Faulty Source  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:05 am
I'm guessing Yoshimitsu isn't included because of a lack of knowledge on his "Manji Clan" style of fighting.  

Stormshadow243

MoonSoo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:18 pm
Strider Karasu
I'm guessing Yoshimitsu isn't included because of a lack of knowledge on his "Manji Clan" style of fighting.
Probably, other than that he does that mystical ninja stuff...

I'll admit, I know next to nothing when it comes to ninjas (other than that it was responsible for one of the most annoying and overhyped anime of all time.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:51 pm
MoonSoo
Strider Karasu
Probably, other than that he does that mystical ninja stuff...

I'll admit, I know next to nothing when it comes to ninjas (other than that it was responsible for one of the most annoying and overhyped anime of all time.

Well actually I know a lot on Ninjas. (Fo real this time)

The history of ninjas is very hard to trace(due to the fact that not many recordings of Ninjas are still around or ever recorded for that matter). The practice of Nonuse("the art of stealth") was introduced to Japan about 522 AD as a religion practiced only by priests. It wasnt till 645 AD that priests perfected their fighting skills and put Nonuse to the test because of political harrasment at the time. In 794-1192 A.D. the new civilization of Japan flourished and with it, a new class of wealthy, privileged families. These families fought with one another in attempts to make or destroy emperors. The need for spies, informants and now assassins grew as these families dueled for power. They were suspicious and jealous of one another and would resort to any means necessary to eliminate any possible threats. Therefore, the practitioners of nonuse were in great demand. With this, the ninja was born.

Ninjas were regarded as dishonorable thieves as well as cowards and scum of the society. The fact that a man had to shadow himself and carry out his evil deed in silence was a complete parody of the code of the honorable Samurai(Bushido). But this did not stop the use of them widely throughout ancient Japan. Samurai Villages were often attacked by Ninjas. Other important authoritative figures were also attacked(i.e. prime ministers. There actions changed the history of Japan countless times as well.

So as for how it relates to Tekken 5? Well Yoshimitu's style seems a little(actually hella) exagerated. First there is no up to date style called Manji Clan. And its impossible to be flying around with a sword like a helicopter, as well as spin a million times while punching u and kicking you, as well as balance on the tip of your sword. LOLZ.

But Raven actually uses authentic Ninjitsu practiced by Ninjas. If u listen to one of his victory dances, he uses the nine main hand symbols: Rin, Hei, Toh, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, and Zen. Theses symbols are said to channel energy into the Ninja depending on the different strengths and abilities he might have. His deceptive style is also conveyed in his fighting. Such as how he dissappears in mid air. Namco did an excellent job in showing that. But yep yep. If u wanna know more about ninjas. wink Holla. wink  

Blak Majic

Stormshadow243

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:04 am
It's "Nin" not "Rin". But other then that I'm actually impressed with some of the knowledge you have on ninjas.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:24 am
Strider Karasu
It's "Nin" not "Rin". But other then that I'm actually impressed with some of the knowledge you have on ninjas.

AP World History Project Lolz  

Blak Majic

Tekkensennin
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:01 pm
Strider Karasu
neutral Nin and/or Rin, I read somewhere it doesn't matter, in Tekken it's Rin... eek same goes for Pyo and/or Kyo x_x or something  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:56 pm
Yuna Chou
..I used to practice Mishima arts in the woods of my school...
>.>;;

I created my own Martial Arts and I practice it outdoors. I'm very clumsy, so I keep falling everytime I use my Twin Rotary Kick. sweatdrop  

Leizgirl

Miyavi San

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:36 pm
actually I know alot of ninjas o.o I will write it as soon as I'm done school s**t..  
The Tekken Force

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff