Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Homosexuality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:33 pm
This just made me type a huge post, but now I'm just gonna make a new thread. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:45 am
Well, I'm Bisexual, and in the closet, actually. My friends and family do not know. What they do know, is that I'm a gay rights activist of sorts.

Before I realized I was Bi, I always was defensive of the LGBT community. My father is just a tad homophobic, (which is why I'm in the closet still) and whenever he says anything discriminatory, I admonish him. He's also Catholic, so that makes sense. My mum wouldn't give a s**t, she's atheist, like me.

I love the gays. I'm part of the acronym after all. LGBTTI2QQ Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Transsexual Intersex Two-Spirited Queer Questioning.

Since I'm not worried about what "god" thinks about homosexuals, I have no problem with it. But I am worried about coming out. I am still in high school.  

MissDemeter

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:20 pm
MissDemeter
Well, I'm Bisexual, and in the closet, actually. My friends and family do not know. What they do know, is that I'm a gay rights activist of sorts.

Before I realized I was Bi, I always was defensive of the LGBT community. My father is just a tad homophobic, (which is why I'm in the closet still) and whenever he says anything discriminatory, I admonish him. He's also Catholic, so that makes sense. My mum wouldn't give a s**t, she's atheist, like me.

I love the gays. I'm part of the acronym after all. LGBTTI2QQ Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Transsexual Intersex Two-Spirited Queer Questioning.

Since I'm not worried about what "god" thinks about homosexuals, I have no problem with it. But I am worried about coming out. I am still in high school.

User Image
Wait until you get to college. Then being bisexual will only increase your popularity. xd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:39 pm
Dathu
MissDemeter

User Image
Wait until you get to college. Then being bisexual will only increase your popularity. xd

great for me then =]

i'm bi
and so i think homosexuality is alright
so is heterosexuality and such
i hate discrimination  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

0UjgJBt3ONkG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:56 am
I have no issue with homosexuality, there is plenty of science that strongly suggests homosexuality is almost always the result of nature (although sometimes nurture can play a role, just like with heterosexuals)

I don't feel differently about anyone because of their sexual preference. However, I may not care to be around very over-the-top flamboyant personalities that are more commonly found among homosexuals, simply because I find it to be annoying at times.

Everyone is an individual though, so this categorizing of "how do you feel about..." is almost always moot, there should not be one frame of mind that someone has for individual members of a greater whole.

Although that view may hold a little less true when referring to someone's choices, rather than their biology.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:13 am
Secular Swarm

I don't feel differently about anyone because of their sexual preference. However, I may not care to be around very over-the-top flamboyant personalities that are more commonly found among homosexuals, simply because I find it to be annoying at times.

haha they kind of scare me  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Moochka

6,050 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:21 am
I myself am a lesbian. I think it is utterly ridiculous that I cannot have the same rights as a heterosexual. I am no different then them, I just prefer the same sex. Love is Love, gender should not play a part.
And when Christians try to tell me that "Jesus condemns my Personal Choice" it really makes my blood boil.
For one thing Jesus never once said anything about homosexuality being wrong. He said to love and treat one another like you wish to be treated.
And another thing, it is not a choice.
I am attracted to my sex because I just am, not because I choose to be. If I had a choice to avoid all the discrimination and hatred, why would I endure it as much as I do? Because I can't help it.
Ignorance infuriates me.
'Nuff said.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:29 pm
I've met planty of gey people and they are pretty much normal if you don't think a different sexuality is something not normal (I don't). Thinking being gay is a choice is like saying being a certain race or a certain age is a choice.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Matthias Swan

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:59 pm
Mistress_of_Distress
Okay, so since you're all atheists, I was wondering what you think of homosexuality. Most of the discrimination against gays comes from the Bible, with all of the "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" crud, and about how being gay is 'morally wrong'.

Since you don't believe in god(s) and thus the Bible is not a 'sacred' document to you, what do you think about gays? What do you think about the general Christian opinion of gays?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. It really helps. 3nodding

I used to be borderline nazi with it, but that's only because of the constant "it's bad" being shoved in my face. That was a good few years ago. But over a couple nights of thought, it didn't take me long to think for myself and be like, "Why does it matter".
Eventually I came across an interesting comparison, "Gays are like left handers. Not as common, but equally as normal". And it's true. There are so many other things that people need to fix, someone liking the other gender is way down the list and needs to be removed from the list altogether.

The ONLY thing that I'm still peev'd about is when gay guys try to alter their voice. Seriously. The next time I encounter a gay guy who talks like that, I'm going to ask "What's wrong with your voice". And after they reply "Well, I'm gay" I'll rebute(real word) with "That's all fine and good but what's wrong with your voice."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:28 pm
Matthias Swan
Mistress_of_Distress
Okay, so since you're all atheists, I was wondering what you think of homosexuality. Most of the discrimination against gays comes from the Bible, with all of the "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" crud, and about how being gay is 'morally wrong'.

Since you don't believe in god(s) and thus the Bible is not a 'sacred' document to you, what do you think about gays? What do you think about the general Christian opinion of gays?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. It really helps. 3nodding

I used to be borderline nazi with it, but that's only because of the constant "it's bad" being shoved in my face. That was a good few years ago. But over a couple nights of thought, it didn't take me long to think for myself and be like, "Why does it matter".
Eventually I came across an interesting comparison, "Gays are like left handers. Not as common, but equally as normal". And it's true. There are so many other things that people need to fix, someone liking the other gender is way down the list and needs to be removed from the list altogether.

The ONLY thing that I'm still peev'd about is when gay guys try to alter their voice. Seriously. The next time I encounter a gay guy who talks like that, I'm going to ask "What's wrong with your voice". And after they reply "Well, I'm gay" I'll rebute(real word) with "That's all fine and good but what's wrong with your voice."

well prolly they don't like most guys
but let them talk like that if they want  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Doredia

Beloved Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:47 pm
Completely fine with it even though I am perfectly straight. In a non-religious society, I see it perfectly okay even for children to be adopted by gays. I mean the only reason people don't accept them is because of religion.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:56 am
im gay and thats one of the reasons im atheist when i look at protest against gay marriages and signs that say gay ppl go to hell i want to kill the person that made that sign becuz they have no right to judge and it really makes me sad about it becuz millions of kids are afraid to be themselves even to family becuz of their religion i am too but becuz my parents think the same way adam and eve and it makes me wanna cry sometimes i really dont mind that straight guys are a little disgusted im not saying they have to like this its beautiful or they wouldnt be straight but i really hate it when they like hurt gay ppl or make fun of them just becuz they are different im not openly gay cuz especially to guys cuz im afraid they might hurt me and i really shouldnt be but wow it hurts to know that like thousands of ppl hate me just becuz of my sexual opinions and it makes me want to just hurt ppl like they hurt me and i know a lot of other gay ppl can say the same becuz i have gay friends that are christians and they love their religion and i think thats awesome for them i love being atheist so they can love their own religion but they are so scared to do anything and it makes me sad so plz dont be a homophobe im not saying love gays but dont make fun of them seriously it hurts a lot i almost did suicide cuz of it.  

SpeciesxConfused

SpeciesxConfused

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:00 am
BTW!! IM NOT A FLAME BOY THEY ANNOY THE LIVING s**t OUT OF ME TOO DOESNT MATTER IF THEY ARE GAY OR NOT THATS CALLED BEING ANNOYING GRRR D<  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:46 pm
Homosexuals are okay, but many are too liberal about it. Then again, straight couples groping each-other on the bus annoy me too, so it's pretty much the same.  

almisami

Fashionable Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yevn

Wealthy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:28 am
Gays are fine in my book.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]