Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Raccoon City Times:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:02 pm
::Cast Listing and Script for Extinction::

User Image

IMDB has put up the official cast listing for Resident Evil Extinction:

Cast

Milla Jovovich - Alice
Ashanti - Nurse Betty
Mike Epps - L.J.
Oded Fehr - Carlos Olivera
Ali Larter - Claire Redfield
Iain Glen - Dr. Isaacs
Spencer Locke - K-Mart
Sienna Guillory - Jill Valentine
Gary Hudson - Umbrella Captain
Charlie Clausen - Chris Redfield (rumored)
William Abadie - Envoy
John Eric Bentley - Umbrella Tech
Rick Cramer - Ice Hockey Undead
Christopher Egan - Mikey
Ramón Franco - Runt
Connor McCoy - Small Boy
Geoff Meed - Pockmark
Jamie Patrick Millar - Evan
Peter O'Meara - Albert Wesker (in negotiations)
James Tumminia - Lab Technician

Hearing that Chris Redfield and Albert Wesker may make a peak in the film, I've done some research on the two characters and here's the pictures of the two actors:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(Charlie Clausen - Chris Redfield)

(Peter O'Meara - Albert Wesker)

Also, It seems that the script to the movie has been leaked and shows not olny details about this film, but info on the 4th movie. Seems that either Jill or Carlos will die in this film. Expect to see this in theatres early 2007. Below is the script:

Quote:

-"Post-apocalyptic" world is a bit of an exaggeration. The film takes place only 3 days after Apocalypse and one third of the US has been infected. A massive quarantine barrier bisects the entire country. Guess which side Alice & co are on? Raccoon City also got nuked, twice.

-The BOWs that will appear in the movie are: zombie, super-zombies (runners), Hunters, Chimeras, the Yawn (snake) and the T-002 Tyrant. Some of the lesser BOWs may get replaced with Lickers from the previous movies due to budget and time constraints.

-Everyone who survived the last film is back, except one. In fact we're first reintroduced to the gang when they're mourning Angie Ashford, who died from a zombie attack a few hours before. They're in their little Mad Max vehicle driving around the Nevada desert. Dr. Issacs is also back and is searching for Alice in his own armoured vehicle. He's also taken to summarily executing his subordinates on a whim.

-Lots of big wide-angle shots from a news helicopter's POV showing destroyed citiy streets à la RE:Outbreak, before zooming in on Alice's vehicle. They stop at a gas station and get out. Jill and L.J take care of food whilst Alice and Carlos get gasoline. Zombies turn up, a battle ensues and during the height of the slaughter Alice uses her super-powers to make the zombies' brains explode.

-Cut to Claire Redfield infiltrating an Umbrella outpost on the outskirts of a city called Birkin (yes, you read that correctly). She takes Nurse Betty hostage and orders her to help Claire get into the more secure sections of the base so she can get more info on the location of her brother, Chris. Betty gets the best of her a few minutes later and activates an alarm. Claire gets taken prisoner.

-Meanwhile Alice & co have also arrived at the outpost and Alice is using her super-powers again to kill the guards. Jill hacks into the security system and shuts it down, meaning all the BOWs can now get out. Hunters and Chimeras take down all the guards whilst Claire, Betty and "Umbrella Captain" (unnamed character who sticks through part of the film) take refuge in an electrified kennel. Alice then enters the base alone and uses her wire kung-fu to kill all the BOWs, including impaling one of the BOW's heads (goodbye PG-13 rating).

-Cue lengthy exposition where it's revealed they've all been exposed to a virus (new virus, T-virus, exposure in the previous movies, exposure just by being in the quarantined zone, who knows?). There is an antidote, located in Umbrella's Alaskan lab. They have 3 weeks to get it or they'll die.

-Cut to abandoned K-mart. It's residents are Mikey (a girl), her Puerto Rican boyfriend "Runt" and annoying hanger-on "Pockmark" (I'm so glad that at least one of them must die). Alice's convoy runs into them and they join up (they also need the cure) just in time for Dr. Issacs and a huge army of zombies to arrive on the scene. Claire leads the convoy off whilst Alice and Issacs go head-to-head. Issacs is written down as "mechanically protected", and I hope to god that means armoured vehicle and not mechwarrior. Issacs gets taken out by the two hundred or so zombies and Alice is left close to death. Claire comes in solo and drags her out of there, and they are picked up by L.J and Pockmark.

-Then comes a series of action scenes depicting the journey to Alaska. It's sort of a protracted chase sequence that involves the Yawn at its climax. Some of the extraneous characters are killed off and either Jill or Carlos bites the dust (almost certainly Jill, as they already have Alice and Claire filling the "kick-a** chick" role and only Carlos for the male lead. L.J doesn't count, he's just comic relief).

-Finally we reach Alaska, where the survivors find out the cure is actually in the blood of a Tyrant (described as "a towering mass of surgically constructed limbs with an empowering hand that features four extremely sharp blades") kept in cold storage. They begin a procedure and fill several vials with its blood when the operation wakes it up. "Epic" fight ensues with a "shocking conclusion" (I'm hoping that means Alice dies. With all her super-powers there is no way they can advance her character any further. Plus, the last five pages of the script focus on setting up Claire's search for her brother in the fourth RE film).

-People's impressions of the script were generally positive and it was labelled as definitely better than Apocalypse. Take that as you will.

If your too lazy to read the damn thing, let me break down the key points:

-Enemies: zombies, super-zombies, Hunters, Chimeras, the Yawn, and the T-002 Tyrant
-Jill or Carlos dies
-4th film will focus on Claire searching for her brother Chris
-Alice seems to die
-Chris and Albert making an appearance (IMDB)

Source: ReHorror ll IMDB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:55 am
::Release Date for Extinction::

User Image

According to Screen Gems, they have announced that Resident Evil Extinction will be released on September 7th, 2007. Stay tuned for more details on the way.

Source: ReHorror ll Coming Soon

MM-212 Beta
Captain

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:18 pm
:: On-Set Preview and Spoilers::

User Image

SpikeTV got behind the look peak at Resident Evil: Extiniction. Theres also a sneak peak at Albert Wesker in the film. Check it out below:

Movie extras in the film have brought us spoilers and pics of the new film. From the article Carlos looks he'll be killed. Not much details about the other main characters. See whats going on in the movie:

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4

WARNING: SPOILERS

Quote:

-Alice’s convoy is comprised of: a yellow Hummer (civilian model), a school bus, a TV truck (station “KT-3 Denver News”), a tanker truck (ENCO company), an army truck (6 wheels, 2.5 ton model) and a Raccoon City ambulance, all tricked out Mad Max style.

-The purpose of the ”Ice Hockey Undead” scene: Dr. Isaacs is gathering all the zombies that have mutated into Stalkers in order to mount an attack on Alice’s convoy in hopes of capturing her for further research.

-There is a scene in the desert where a bunch of infected crows are feasting on some dead zombies. In this scene they didn’t actually use any real crows, just ones made out of paper.

-K-Mart becomes a zombie. Spencer Locke was seen getting the full zombie make-up at her trailer.

-Carlos was the one driving the petrol tanker, he dies when it blows up. Using the multitude of information provided by the different extras and our "Occupation: Zombie" blog, we can now reconstruct what happens:

Carlos (his stunt double actually) is in the tanker taking the lead with its battering ram, followed by Alice (again, stunt double) in the Hummer and some others in the 6-wheeler army truck, driving towards the Umbrella compound pell-mell (maybe to attack Isaacs or rescue Claire+K-Mart?). The tanker truck takes a hit or loses a tire or something and crashes into a sand dune. The ever-present mob of zombies descends upon it and tries to eat Carlos. The tanker then explodes (maybe Carlos lit the flame himself?). Alice & co continue on with the Hummer smashing down the gate with the army truck following. Whilst Alice & co are doing their thing (it was filmed somewhere else as they’ll need the real cast for all the close-ups) the zombies swarm in through the gate. Sometime later on after some exposition inside the central building, Claire, K-Mart and an unidentified pilot escape in the chopper.

Big thanks to Shava for his help. You can see a few more photos from the set on his blog.

Sometime in the future we will be getting pictures of the vehicles from the convoy, pics of Milla and Carlos’s stunt doubles, as well as photos of a returning character from the games and previous movies not yet revealed. See you then.

Sources: ReHorror ll SpikeTV

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:30 am
::No Resident Evil 5 in Japan?::

User Image

According to Gamefront, they predict that Capcom won't show a localised Xbox 360 version of Resident Evil 5 in Japan due to the small customer base. Based on that, severeal Japanese sites are not offering the Xbox 360 version for pre-sale. The game is currently still in the production phase for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Stay tuned for further details.

Source: ReHorror ll Gamefront

MM-212 Beta
Captain

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:16 pm
::Minor Update for Extinction::

User Image

I know its been forever since anything exciting has approached us, but I do have an update for Resident Evil Extinction plus an interview ReHorror has done with Geoff Meed.
Currently Sienna Guillory has declined her role for Jill Valentine in the new movie due to taking on other movie roles. As for Wesker, it looks like he should have an important role in this movie. Below is the interview done by ReHorror; enjoy:

Quote:

reH: How would you describe your character? What kind of guy is he?

Geoff: Well the character I play is called “Pockmark”. You should know before reading that while my character has a substantial part in the beginning of the film, the role of “Pockmark” is a SUPPORTING role, and not a STARRING role like Oded Fehr or Mike Epps. Pockmark is definitely NOT a “lucky convict” as reported on several false internet sites. He is one evil, sinister survivalist. Someone you wouldn’t want to meet in a dark alley at night. Or especially in the desert!

reH: You started out as a stunt man. Did you do your own stunts for Extinction?

Geoff: There was actually only one “real” stunt that my character had. I tried like crazy, pleading for them to let me do it, but alas as often is the case -- “Insurance”. I think the stunt coordinator was up for me doing it, but a couple of other people didn’t want to risk it. It was sort of a bummer, but you can’t have everything.

reH: Did you enjoy playing your part and working with the rest of the cast? Did you get to kill many zombies?

Geoff: I can’t say enough about how wonderful Milla Jovovich is. I mean, it’s crazy. I’ve worked with, and met many “stars”, and a lot of them have this really crappy attitude, but she was so great. The girl is beautiful, funny, and really nice and sincere. You’re in love with her the minute you meet her. Paul Anderson was a really cool guy, too. At one point he sat down and talked with me for half an hour. That was really exceptional for someone in his position to do. He told me I’d work for him again, so Paul, if you’re reading this, I’m holding you to that! Director Russell Mulcahy was really funny. He came over to me at one point laughing and said, “Wait until you see what we’re going to do to you”, and walked off. As far as zombies go, I had no action with them. Me and my crew of survivalists are scary enough.

reH: The two previous Resident Evil movies are very different from this one. What did you think of the previous movies and how well does Extinction compare to them in your opinion?

Geoff: Honestly, I wasn’t too crazy about the first one. I liked it and all, but nothing I was wild about. Now the second one “Apocalypse”, I loved. Perhaps it had something to do with Sienna Guillory having that jet black hair! But I liked the story, liked the characters, thought it had just the right amount of action, and I personally thought the Nemesis creature was bad a**. (I befriended the Firearms Tech on RE3, and he showed me footage of him testing the Gatling Gun the Nemesis creature used in RE2. It was pretty insane.) The third one I guess gets a little more character development and interaction. There’s still plenty of action, though. You also get a little better look into the “corporate” side of Umbrella I think,.

reH: Aside from the zombies, stalkers (super-zombies) and crows are there many other monsters in the movie? Any you feel fans of the games will particularly appreciate?

Geoff: I can’t elaborate on the creatures/monsters, but there is one in particular I think the audience will dig.

reH: Wesker is by far and away the most popular character in the games and is appearing in Extinction. Does he get much of a role or is the villain part occupied more by Dr. Isaacs?

Geoff: Wesker actually has a pretty sizable role in this script. It’s fun because Wesker and Isaacs are both such awful characters.

reH: We’ve heard the phrase “it’s very Mad Max like” in several interviews. Do the customized vehicles we’ve seen feature much in the movie, or are they mainly used to transport characters from scene to scene?

Geoff: I felt in “The Road Warrior” especially, half the film centered on the vehicles. You went to the movie just to see the goofy cars. In RE3, they are pretty much there just for transportation.

reH: You’ve played Resident Evil 4, what did you think of it? Anything that makes it particularly stand out from other games?

Geoff: I liked Resident Evil 4 because of the action. I know in the other games, there was a little more story to them. I guess I had just gotten done playing “Cold Fear” right before I bought RE4 and there‘s a moderate amount of story development in that, so I was eager to just shoot up a bunch of things when I got RE4!

reH: What was your top score in RE4’s Mercenaries mini-game and with which character?

Geoff: Ah, I actually couldn’t play the Mercenaries game worth a damn. I’m lousy when it comes to being on a timer. I played through the normal game 4 times with Leon, and 3 times with Ada in Separate Ways.

reH: Do you think the films captured the atmosphere of the games or do you feel it’s better to view them as a stand-alone product?

Geoff: Well, that’s a tricky question. It’s kind of like when they do the film version of a book. Things are always going to change. If I had to say one thing, perhaps the films didn’t have quite the suspense that the games had. But then again, the games are much more interactive because you‘re playing them, rather than watching them on a big screen, if that makes any sense.

reH: Ali Larter confirmed a fourth Resident Evil movie is already being planned. Do you feel there is a good chance you will star in it?

Geoff: Pockmark will not be returning, unfortunately.

reH: We’re getting several new characters, including Claire Redfield. How would you describe her and how does she compare to her character from the games?

Geoff: I never got to see Ali Larter, so how she plays Claire, I honestly couldn’t answer.

reH: We’re told that Alice is in voluntary exile for part for the movie. Does Claire Redfield have a more central role or does she have “side-kick” status like Jill did in the previous movie?

Geoff: Claire is definitely not a “side kick”, but at the same time, Alice is still the predominant female lead.

reH: You seem to play the bad guy a lot in films and TV. Does your character ever get tempted to ditch his fellow survivors or sell them out to Umbrella?

Geoff: Oh no, Pockmark has nothing to do with corporate life, ha ha. He’s loyal to his group.

reH: You’ve directed and starred in quite a few plays. Do you prefer theatre over film? Is it more enjoyable being closer to the audience?

Geoff: Of the three mediums, television, film, and theatre -- film is my 3rd choice. Theatre would be second, and television is my first. The reason being is TV moves so fast. You shoot maybe 9 to 15 pages a day, so you‘re working a lot. The only downside is, the money isn’t as good unless you‘re pulling something outrageous like a million bucks an episode like the cast of “Seinfeld“ did.. Theatre I enjoy when it’s in a small venue, like a 99 seat house. But when you’re on stage in a theatre that seats something like 400+ people, you end up having to “overact” so the people in the nosebleed section can see what you‘re doing. I’m not too terribly fond of that. My complaint about film is how slow it moves. You shoot 1 to 3 pages a day on a big budget film like RE3. So there can be a lot of sitting around and waiting.

reH: In Japan someone actually put on a Resident Evil musical. If given such a project to direct how would you tackle it? What songs would you choose?

Geoff: Ha! I’d use a vast amount of pyrotechnics, and definitely music like Slipknot and Static X.

reH: The Resident Evil films are an extremely profitable franchise. Considering the exposure it will give you, can we expect to see you in other film and theatre projects after this?

Geoff: I certainly hope so. I’ve always predominantly been a television guest star actor. About 10 years ago I starred in a martial arts film, and had several offers to continue in that genre, but passed on all of them. Right now I have a very small role in the film “Little Miss Sunshine” with is doing quite well. I‘ve gotten a script offer, a magazine interview, and tons of emails and phone calls. I’ve done huge guest star roles on big television shows like “ER”, “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”, “CSI Miami”, etc, yet have never received this kind of attention. While RE3 won’t be out for about a year, I definitely hope it looks good on my résumé.

reH: It was said that Sienna was “replaced” with Ashanti when she dropped out because of other film commitments. Will they explain or at least drop some hints about what happened to her character in the movie? Did the script originally have a part for Jill?

Geoff: Ali Larter was hired on to replace the loss of Sienna Guillory. As for the rest of the question, I’m afraid I can’t elaborate.

reH: The previous films have always ended on cliffhangers (usually with Alice waking up naked in a lab). Do you think Mulcahy will continue the trend?

Geoff: Oh YEAH

reH: Finally, is there anything you want to share with the fanbase, a comment/advice/anecdote/correction/criticism?

Geoff: I know there is a loyal RE game fan base out there. What I wish people would attempt to understand is that whether you’re a director, writer, producer, or actor -- you want to bring your “own” creativity to a part or project. What fun would it be to simply do something that has already been done, whether it’s a game, comic book, etc. That denies the very creativity of a performer. You want to add your own “touch”. For every person that likes something, there will always be that person that dislikes it. You can’t please everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:50 pm
::Jill Valentine in New Resident Evil::

Tara Platt will be playing the voice of Jill Valentine in the new Resident Evil for Nintendo Wii. She has confirmed that there will be zombies or at least zombie-like creatures, new weaponary and plant creatures in this new Resident Evil. Jill being the main character, expect appearances by Carlos or Barry Burton. Stay tuned for more updates on the way.

MM-212 Beta
Captain

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:10 am
::Resident Evil Wii Has A Name::

User Image

Thats right, as of right now the new title for the new Resident Evil is called Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles. So I'm guessing the American version will be Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. In the latest Famitsu issue, a scan and article were released showing a character in a western style house. I'll stay posted until the scan is fully online right now, but make sure to hear more infomation "Resident Evil" at this years TGS 2006 this month.

Source: ReHorror

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:31 pm
::Umbrella Chronicles Image and Info::

User Image

The new Resident Evil coming out for the Nntendo Wii will include the following details:

-4 chapters; RE1's mansion, RE2's RPD, RE3's city areas and RE4's village.
-Each chapter will have 2 characters to choose from. Example: RE1- Jill or Chris, RE2- Leon or Claire, RE3- Jill or Carlos, RE4- Leon or Ada.
-Gamplay will focus on RE4 control style.
-Game will have QTEs, but rather than push buttons you have to make motions with the wiimote in order to get through them.
-All characters will have some kind of a melee attack
-To insure replay value each character will have strength and weaknesses.
-Each character will have 2 unique weapons. Chris will have a pistol and shotgun and Jill with the pistol and gernade launcher.
-Saving will be similar to Resident Evil 4.
-Arcade mode is introduced. Similar to Mercenaries minigame in RE4.
-Scenario mode will have numerous cutscences.
-Conserving ammo will be a factor. Nothin like RE4 style.

The main reason Capcom is making this game is to fill in loose gaps with Umbrella from the mansion incident to the destruction in Resident Evil 4. Stay tuned for TGS 2006 in a few weeks for the first trailer. Enjoy the image below of the first screen shot.

Note: A video was made with upcoming Wii games and you can see a quick 3 second preview of the game. Click here to view it! The clip is 3/4 through the preview.

MM-212 Beta
Captain

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:01 pm
::Release Date for Extinction:: UPDATED

User Image

According to Bloody-Disgusting, Resident Evil Extinction has been pushed back from September 7th to the 21st of 2007. Stay tuned for more info.
Source: Bloody-Disgusting

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:56 am
::Minor Resident Evil Update::

User Image

In a recent interview with Jun Takecuh, he says they plan on using the same graphic engine as Lost Planet, Dead Rising and DMC4 for Resident Evil 5. The game will still be in production for sometime, but until then, we can only sit and play the orginals till be hear something new.

NECA has put out 4 new Resident Evil action figures to celebrate their 10th Anniversary. Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Hunk, and Zombie w/ dog are part of the collection. They sell $11.99 for one and $44.99 for the whole set. Below are the figures:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Click here to purchase the figures.

Source: ReHorror ll NECA

MM-212 Beta
Captain

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:36 pm
::Resident Evil Still in Production ::

User Image

FINALLY! Resident Evil 5 producer; Jun Takeuchi, informed Famitsu that Resident Evil 5 is still in production and expects a release date in 2008. They plan to design the game with 60 frames per second, which will be good considering the new environment details. We expect this to be one of the most realistic games to be released with fine character detail to every muscle to strain of hair. Some of the rumors that came up earlier about the climate control being a factor is indeed true.

Finally, no confirmation on the character in the teaser yet. Stay tuned for more additional information.

Gossip up ideas and comments in the ::Resident Evil 5 Speculation Thread::.

Source: ReHorror ll Famitsu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:40 pm
::Capcom Amusement Expo 2007 is Coming::

User Image

Thats right, February 16th-17th, Capcom will be showing off upcoming games and information of the franchise. No confirmed word if Resident Evil 5 or Umbrella Chronicles will be shown, but there is a slight possibility. Stay tuned for additional information.

MM-212 Beta
Captain

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:08 pm
::Extinction to be the Last::

User Image

Sony back in December, confirmed that this Resident Evil will be the last in the series. So should be interesting on how it ends.

::Resident Evil 5 Delayed for the 360::

User Image

According to the magazine GameNext, an employee of Capcom told them that Resident Evil 5's progress was going slower than usual. He says he expects the game to be released after the PS3. Stay tuned for more details.

Sources: ReHorror ll GameNext

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:16 pm
::New Resident Evil 5 Screens Coming::

User Image

According to Famitsu Magazine, new screentshots are to appear in their next issue. I'll keep you posted when they appear. Get excited!!!!

Source: ReHorror ll Famitsu

MM-212 Beta
Captain

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out