Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
How many chinese people wear glasses / contact lenses? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you wear glasses / contact lenses?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 29 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 41

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:15 am
Tokioka
f1r3b4ll2000
ME! i wear glasses...Not proud of em either...gosh i HATE them. Dats why i never wear them. If i rlly need to read something in class i prolly just ask the person next to me. I need contacts lol

That's what I do to this day lol. Even when I'm wearing my contacts, my eyesight's still no way near as good as my friend's. *sigh* sweatdrop

Then get glasses. and for all of you who have glasses but want contacts because you don't like the way you're glasses look... shame on you. *shakes head* just cause it doesn't look good doesn't mean you have to hurt your eyes with contacts.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:15 am
yalie5
Tokioka
f1r3b4ll2000
ME! i wear glasses...Not proud of em either...gosh i HATE them. Dats why i never wear them. If i rlly need to read something in class i prolly just ask the person next to me. I need contacts lol

That's what I do to this day lol. Even when I'm wearing my contacts, my eyesight's still no way near as good as my friend's. *sigh* sweatdrop

Then get glasses. and for all of you who have glasses but want contacts because you don't like the way you're glasses look... shame on you. *shakes head* just cause it doesn't look good doesn't mean you have to hurt your eyes with contacts.

Honestly, like the Lens Crafters commercials on TV, wearing glasses is now a fashion too. Personally, I don't mind wearing glasses because I really don't want a foreign object on my eyeballs. I wish I wouldn't have to for more physical activities though. ninja  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:50 pm
wiim
yalie5
Tokioka
f1r3b4ll2000

Honestly, like the Lens Crafters commercials on TV, wearing glasses is now a fashion too. Personally, I don't mind wearing glasses because I really don't want a foreign object on my eyeballs. I wish I wouldn't have to for more physical activities though. ninja

I found that contacts were really good for my sports, like badminton and rugby. Then there's no way your glasses could fall off if you moved around quickly. However, during a game of rugby, one of my friend's contacts fell out due to a tackle or during a scrum. He then placed it back into his eye without washing it, which led to bleeding as there was a clod of soil in his eye. He's alright now but he was stupid to put it in like that xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:51 pm
Tokioka
wiim
yalie5
Tokioka
f1r3b4ll2000

I found that contacts were really good for my sports, like badminton and rugby. Then there's no way your glasses could fall off if you moved around quickly. However, during a game of rugby, one of my friend's contacts fell out due to a tackle or during a scrum. He then placed it back into his eye without washing it, which led to bleeding as there was a clod of soil in his eye. He's alright now but he was stupid to put it in like that xp

see. now we know that it doesn't matter if you wear contacts or not during a rugby match. you're still going to go home sore. and i find that wearing glasses while playing badmin is safer... sports isn't my forte.... especially when objects have a habit of either colliding to the back of my head of my face. at least with glasses the birdie won't get stuck in my eye xd  

yalie5

Tokioka

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:52 pm
yalie5
Tokioka
wiim
yalie5
Tokioka
f1r3b4ll2000

see. now we know that it doesn't matter if you wear contacts or not during a rugby match. you're still going to go home sore. and i find that wearing glasses while playing badmin is safer... sports isn't my forte.... especially when objects have a habit of either colliding to the back of my head of my face. at least with glasses the birdie won't get stuck in my eye xd

Glasses may offer you a tiny bit of eye protection, but not much. For instance if you were playing rugby or american football then your glasses could get crushed or fall off during play. Then you'd be screwed if you couldn't see clearly enough to continue playing. Also, that thing my friend did was stupid but he could have easily washed the dirty contact in some sterilisation liquid. So there! xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:28 pm
Nope, not me.  

Teh Vampy

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:32 pm
well now u do  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:24 am
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
wiim
yalie5
Tokioka
f1r3b4ll2000

Glasses may offer you a tiny bit of eye protection, but not much. For instance if you were playing rugby or american football then your glasses could get crushed or fall off during play. Then you'd be screwed if you couldn't see clearly enough to continue playing. Also, that thing my friend did was stupid but he could have easily washed the dirty contact in some sterilisation liquid. So there! xp

i've played football before (and i did not like it) and my glasses haven't fallen off or broken and the ball has been aimed at my head however unintentionally. and yes your friend did a stupid thing but i don't really think he had any sterilization liquid.  

yalie5

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:02 am
i wear glasses, my dad wears glasses, and my mom wears....SUNglasses mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:04 am
My whole family members wear glasses except my dad. cool  

sasa_powa_4eva

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:05 am
Kurama35

prescription sunglasses?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:10 am
yalie5
Kurama35

prescription sunglasses?

nope, just regular ones mrgreen  

[J.C.]

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:36 am
Kurama35
yalie5
Kurama35

prescription sunglasses?

nope, just regular ones mrgreen

oh... xp xd blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:35 pm
i have contacts!!! my parents dont have glasses and my bro has contacts too!!!  

jennnnx3

Night Rain55

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:53 pm
I have glasses. And I'm near-sighted. So I only wear them to watch something on TV or at the movie theatres (Somtimes, my vision isn't that bad.) or look at the blackboard in school. Funny, my brother doesn't have glasses yet and he plays way too many video games and watch TV. He probably does that the whole summer vacation, yet he still have good eye-sight.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff