Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Video Games. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mrtommyos is...
An atheist!
31%
 31%  [ 9 ]
Sexy!
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Fun!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
All of the above!
55%
 55%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 29

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:41 am

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!
[Satan]
Sanguvixen
Sors
I used to play RO for a while, mainly I just rent PS2 games and play those. Although I love the older final fantasy games.

Don't we all? It was a time were graphics sucked anyway so they payed more attention to the story line.
FFVI pwns all FF games. xp I love older FF games in general. I think gaming has slightly gone downhill because of the morons who want "tight graphics" and a Microwave/DVD Player/Telephone/Satelite Radio built into their video game systems.

DVD players in video game systems was the worst idea sony ever had. It's ashame they made so much money off it.

Aww...But I love my DVD playing PS2.

Actually...there isn't a lot of room in my room because I have it packed with so much crap. My obsession with dragons takes over every available space. I think it is convenient for the PS2 to have the ability to play DVDs.

However it is not it's ability to play DVDs that brought be to want it. It is because they comes out with several games that I really like. They still continue to come out with good games.

I don't care how many additions that a gaming system has. I don't care if it can teleport me into space! That doesn't matter.

What makes a gaming system is it's ability to play video games. It should have good games to play on it, and a good controllor that is easy on the hands. It should also be smaller and compact. It should not take up a lot of space.

I highly disapproved of the PS1 when it first came out. It made more money that N64. But not because it was a better gaming console. It was because it could play CDs. The sole reason many people bought it was because it could play you're CD's on the Television.

I blantently refused to play the system until I saw it come out with goods games.
Sony has earned my respect by coming out with good games and not relying on it's extra features to make money.

I cannot say the same for the X-Box which I highly detest. X-Box is a fad that has additional features that are not needed on a Gameing Console.

If you want to store music on something go get a damn MP3 player or I-Pod. At least those things are portable.

I fail to see the point of buying a Giant a** console that weighs too much, hasn't came out with a respectable game yet.....and it's DVD option sucks. Further more the Controller is highly stupid and primitive.

Yes that is my opinion...bear with it ok?

Some people accuse me of taking something like this a little too seriously and being too technical. They say I notice too many details. That the flaws bother me too much. But X-box has too many flaws that drive my nuts.

I'm still pissed at what they did to Dino-Crisis. They made a perfectly awsome game into a peice of crap.

I think that Nintendo and Sony have the gaming business down pat. They have many years of experience up their sleeve.

Many people tell that X-Box is better because they make thier own games...that they don't pay other people to do it.

Well..it is no wonder a majority of X-Box Games suck...because what was just said above is not how the world of game creation is supposed to work.

Even if you go into the local game store, or Wal-Mart/Target/K-Mart...is is quite obvious that the space allowed to display X-Box is continuing to shrink dramatically.

If anything I am saddened that so many people were hooked into the X-Box by it's additional features. That it made so much money when the actual console sucks.

Gameing consoles are to make games. If you want to make a superstation...leave our gameworld out of it!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:51 am

Speaking of the Cursed X-box....I think that thing is bad luck.

My step-bro finally decided to get rid of the piece of junk (after playing all the very few good games worth playing).

So we went down to Gamecrazy so that he could do a trade in right?

Well guess what the dummy did? He forgot the cords that hook the X-box to the TV. He left them at the house! So he left me at the store, and went back home to get them.

He spent no less than 45 minutes trying decide what game to get. In the end he got Devil May Cry(which is pretty good game, and he thankfully likes it).

The girl working there was quite helpful too. We also rented a movie that my Mom wanted to see(A Series of Unfortunate Events, which turned out to be a very decent movie).

We got home and watched the Movie with my Mom. Then we had our own series of unforunate events.

It turned out that the PS2 they gave us didn't work. So we rushed to the store and found that they didn't have another used one.

So the guy there telephoned another store to see if they had one. Then we had to burn gas going to the other store.

As we were pulling out of the parking lot this maniac comes out of nowhere and my step-bro had to swerve wildly to not hit him because the idiots was going on the wrong side of the street.

So we narrowly missed being wrecked by another vehicle.

We got the PS2. A working one I mean. We were able to test it too just to make sure it was in good condition.

On our way home a guy pulled out of nowhere and almost hit us from the side...yet thank-fully again we were able to avoid the collision.

Why oh why on a day like that when everything was going wrong, did the have to be so many crazy drivers on the road?

Sanguvixen

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:02 am

I just introduced my roomate to emulators. Needless to say, he's been playing super nintendo nonstop for that past two days. But now I am also falling into it, so I started Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past for the hundredth time. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:55 pm

Dathu
I just introduced my roomate to emulators. Needless to say, he's been playing super nintendo nonstop for that past two days. But now I am also falling into it, so I started Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past for the hundredth time. sweatdrop

;laughs softly;....how fun.

I didn't know this until I looked closely at the jewel case of my FFX game.......the reason why PS2 has to have the ability to play DVD's is because when some games go into cut-scenes.....it go into something called DVD mode.

When you are watching the cut-scenes in FF games on the PS2, the PS2 is not in game mode, it switches to the DVD mode.

See...isn't that nice?

Now the X-Box has all those stupid features that are completely video-game unrelated.

Sanguvixen

ChocoChan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:55 pm

Reinna Astarel
*is playing Kingdom Hearts for the sixth time out of a lack of any new games* xp

Ditto. >_<
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:24 pm

Well....I'm not playing any video games at all. So there!

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Orichalcon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:32 pm

Sanguvixen
Speaking of the Cursed X-box....I think that thing is bad luck.

Mine certainly is. The damn thing is so broken that it can barly read new discs stressed

I hate the thing. I got it because I have no console bias, and thanks to the job I had before college, and in having nothing to do with my disposible income, ended up with all three systems (bought used, I'm not made of money). I got it despite my irrational hatred and mistrust of all things mirocsoft. Guess what? My mistrust is justified!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:47 pm

+Glomps X-box+ whoops.... hehe... my bad sweatdrop
I actually like the xbox system. but the games i have is bad. And i think that going and geting a dvd attachment for its is dumb but alas its what we have. If i got rid of it i think it would be the appocoylips. <=== yeah im smart... xp for i would have no ddr

E_Night

Redem

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:27 am

Ninja Gaiden on the XBox rocks. As does Project Gotham Racing, and numerous other titles.

The consoles all have excellent games.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:58 pm

Grand Moff Locket
Don' you know!? Atheists don't believe in videogames!
eek We don't? gonk NO ONE TOLD ME?!?!?!

YOSHIofTHEmallet

Orichalcon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:19 pm

redem
Ninja Gaiden on the XBox rocks. As does Project Gotham Racing, and numerous other titles.

Yes, they all have good games. No matter how much I don't like my Xbox's crash-happy nature, I couldn't live without my Knights of the Old Republic and my Jade Empire, just as I couldn't live with out my Resident Evil 4, Legend of Zelda, God of War, or Final Fantasy X xd
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:30 am

Orichalcon
redem

Yes, they all have good games. No matter how much I don't like my Xbox's crash-happy nature, I couldn't live without my Knights of the Old Republic and my Jade Empire, just as I couldn't live with out my Resident Evil 4, Legend of Zelda, God of War, or Final Fantasy X xd

Speaking of Legend of Zelda....why did that have to push back Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess? I was looking foreward to playing it! But they won't release it till next year!

They said that they wanted to enhance certain aspects of the game to make it easier to play, and that they were adding new bosses.....Grrrrr....I want to play it now!

Oh well....I'm stuck playing Quest64, which is a really old but still good game. I'm stuck trying to kill Fargo....the Pryo who has 1500 health and does between 20 and 30 damage each round.

Sanguvixen

[Satan]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:05 pm

Dathu

Games I'd recommend for SNES:
Final Fantasy VI (III in US)
Final Fantasy IV (II in US)
Chrono Trigger *greatest game ever made, though it is still very expensive and rare*
Super Mario RPG
Secret of Mana
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Fun co-op mode)
(My friend has a SNES with about 300 games, so I know about every game that has been released for it whee )
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:08 pm

Sanguvixen
Orichalcon
redem

Speaking of Legend of Zelda....why did that have to push back Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess? I was looking foreward to playing it! But they won't release it till next year!

Business-wise, Nintendo is really out of touch. I haven't a clue why they're doing it, I hear the E3 demo was damn near perfection confused

On a side note, I recently scared the living hell out of my roommate with Jade Empire. It would take to long to explain here, though, but it was damn funny xd

Orichalcon

Redem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:27 am

Orichalcon
Sanguvixen
Orichalcon
redem

Business-wise, Nintendo is really out of touch. I haven't a clue why they're doing it, I hear the E3 demo was damn near perfection confused

On a side note, I recently scared the living hell out of my roommate with Jade Empire. It would take to long to explain here, though, but it was damn funny xd

Maybe they simply decided that the game needed a little bit more polishing.

If a few extra months makes for a better game than I'm all for it.

We've probably all played games which could have done with a few more months, or years for some, of Dev time.
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff