Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
-Movies- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LleuLlawGyfes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:47 am
Dathu
LleuLlawGyfes
Dathu
I saw X-Men III over the weekend. Now, the first one I didn't like. I wasn't happy with their choice of acter to play Cyclops, and I thought Wolverine was too tall. I also didn't some of the corny lines such as "You know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? Same that happens to everything else." And speaking of storm: what a fake a** wig.

Then X-II came out, and it was infinitly better, but could use a little tweeking.

Now, we have X-III, and they finally got it right. I have no real complaints other than that this will be the last one. Why, when they finally figure out how to do it, do they quit? I heard a bunch of rumors such as: Halle Berry doesn't want to act anymore, but it still makes me sad. A lot of the new wave of comic book movies aren't that good, so I like to hold on to the ones that are. Oh well, there's gonna be a Wolverine and a Magneto movie comming out. I hope they can keep me entertained.

Yeah.. I'm sorry but I thought it really wasn't that good a movie. Entertaining, but not that good. For example, Angel, They made a big deal out of him, but he wasn't in the movie for more than five minutes. Same with Leech boy, though he was in it for longer. And Phoenix, she didn't seem that much like the actual Phoenix, the real Phoenix would have destroyed the earth and gone off to look for other victims halfway through the movie. The plot was predictable, and the acting was really bad. Some of the things I liked however, was the subplot about Iceman and Rogue. I think that was one of the few really good parts about the movie. It reminds me of abortion in a way. Also Juggernaut, I can't beleive they included Cain "Juggernaut" Marko, they should have included Black Tom, but you can't have everything. One gripe about Sir Jugs, he shouldn't have had to run through those walls, Juggernaut doesn't run, he just walks calmly through anything you place in his way.

Honestly, Jug was my biggest problem because he isn't a mutant. He is supposed to get his power from his helmet which is supposed to be magical. That was my one true complaint. I feel you on the rest of your issues, but I think that happened, because they knew this was gonna be the last one, so they crammed as much stuff in it as possible, hense Angels cameo, and not diving too deep into the phoenix. I still liked it, and I hope when it comes out on DVD it has the Lord of the Rings style extra hour of cut footage.

Yeah, no argument there. It was the best of all the X-men movies I've seen, and an extra hour of footage would flesh it out nicely. It was like they had so much stuff, but only 2 hours or so to do it. Also, there's a Wolverine movie coming out? When?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:10 pm
Angel was so beautiful though.

Whoa I want wings like that... would be kinda longley but almost worth it to be able to fly like that...

WHY didn't they include Kurt this time? *even though he is a christian he doesn't try and convert everyone else so is lovely*

I saw X3, X1 and X" in that order xd

I'm going to go and see X3 for a second time on tuesday.

Muaethia

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:18 pm
I saw "Date Movie" stare , I don't recommend it unless you really really really like goofy-a** humor.

I also saw "Snow White", not the Disney one, the one with Sam Neil and Sigourney Weaver. Very.....strange, but an interesting take.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:01 pm

I saw Nine Inch Nails: VA Beach.
>.> Okay, so that was a concert.

I never heard of that "Snow White", Dathu. What's it like?

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:20 pm
c a u s t i c

I saw Nine Inch Nails: VA Beach.
>.> Okay, so that was a concert.

I never heard of that "Snow White", Dathu. What's it like?

Well, it's called "Snow White: A Tale Of Terror," but it's not really scary. It's just twisted and wierd. I mean, I guess I liked it, but I think it's just because it was such a dark take on a story that Disney made supper light. I dunno, if you like nursery rhymes gone evil, then it'll be interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Did anyone stay after the credits of X-Men III? If you didn't, get on YouTube or something and look for the final little bit after the credits...

(I would post a link, but the studio has been systematically finding the uploads and eliminating them, so the link wouldn't be good for long.)  

DivideByZero14

Muaethia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:14 pm
One of my friends saw it... she was talking about it... something like xavier getting that new body? I really want to see it. I missed it... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:38 am
For those of you who were asking about it, I finally saw Plan 9 From Outer Space. I saw it at a Best Buy and instantly bought it. xd

It's one of the greatest comedies I've ever sat through and the movie wasn't even supposed to be a comedy. 3nodding

You can clearly see the strings holding up the flying saucers.

There was also a part where one of the main characters called his wife "Mona" (Her name in real life) instead of her character's name. xd

Orson Welles

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:55 am
I saw "Click ." It was alright. It came off as kind of a family movie, but Adam Sandler's humor kept it edgy. If any of you guys see it, I'd like you to note that as time passes everyone LOOKS older except for his wife. Somehow her skin doesn't age.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:13 pm
I don't like Adam Sandler. I really don't think he's very funny.

Meh, each to their own.  

Lethkhar

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:20 pm
I finally saw the new "Pirates of the Caribean," and I am pissed!
When a movie is comming out that I know I am going to like, I purposefully avoid any and all information about it (who's in it, plot, length, etc.). When the first "Spiderman" came out, I had no idea the Green Goblin was gonna be the villian. I didn't know Gandalf was gonna come back in the second movie. I do this because there are more surprises in the film and I enjoy it more. HOWEVER, I have been waiting for a year and a half for "POTC," and what do I get: part 1 or 2!!!!!!

I have to wait ANOTHER YEAR for the second half! WTF! And now I have madd questions and I can't get the answers cause I wanna wait! Ya'll fel me?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:53 pm
Dathu
When a movie is comming out that I know I am going to like, I purposefully avoid any and all information about it (who's in it, plot, length, etc.). When the first "Spiderman" came out, I had no idea the Green Goblin was gonna be the villian. I didn't know Gandalf was gonna come back in the second movie. I do this because there are more surprises in the film and I enjoy it more. HOWEVER, I have been waiting for a year and a half for "POTC," and what do I get: part 1 or 2!!!!!!

I have to wait ANOTHER YEAR for the second half! WTF! And now I have madd questions and I can't get the answers cause I wanna wait! Ya'll fel me?

Ahhh!! I am with you! I want to see the next one so bad it almost hurts! Sounds like an exaggeration, but it's sooo the truth.

I told everyone not to tell me about it, under the condition that they did and I bashed their skulls in. And then I saw it, and I loved the movie and was so mad at the end! Grrr!!

Why do they have to make you wanna see it so bad...? ;-;

Oh yeah, they are communists bastards who want more money.

Yami_Ichi

Redem

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:30 pm
I saw the trailer for spiderman 3..

;_;

I gotta wait a year to see the movie.

That is... *bursts into tears*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:07 pm
redem
I saw the trailer for spiderman 3..

;_;

I gotta wait a year to see the movie.

That is... *bursts into tears*
I know how you feel. I'm going to try to see that movie the day it comes out. It has my favorite villain, Sandman, as well as the Alien Symbiote. gonk  

Orson Welles

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:31 pm
Yami_Ichi
Dathu

Ahhh!! I am with you! I want to see the next one so bad it almost hurts! Sounds like an exaggeration, but it's sooo the truth.

I told everyone not to tell me about it, under the condition that they did and I bashed their skulls in. And then I saw it, and I loved the movie and was so mad at the end! Grrr!!

Why do they have to make you wanna see it so bad...? ;-;

Oh yeah, they are communists bastards who want more money.

I completely agree. Anyway, I saw "You, Me, & Dupree." Meh, kind of sucked. It wasn't horrible, just not what I wanted, I guess. I also just re-watched "Gandhi." I haven't seen it in 10+ years. I absolutely love that movie. I won't say much more, cause I just watched it and it got me all emotional. It's one of those films where after you see it you want to go out and try to change the world.

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff