Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
!Random Talk! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:22 pm
I still have to finish christmas shopping.
I like shopping for the holidays all right, I dont like the retail rush, but I like shopping for my friends ^_^

Will be having lavish dinner with family, that'll be cool I guess, as long as there is no smoking indoors. ::shakes fist:: No smoking zone!!

I was going to go to California, but I dont think that'll happen.

I'll also be working over winter break, more cash! Yay! So I can pay off holiday shopping bills XD
And save up for gifties for myself XD Manga, jrock and an ipod!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:20 pm
Well, I've got most of my holiday shopping done, just a few more things to get. My family is just going to have a nice dinner, and open presents, nithing to big. It'll be pretty quiet. A normal kind of day. We may go to church, but probably not. It's always so busy on x-mas, and my step-dad gets cranky around to many people. I guess that's all we're doing.  

Momiji-Bunny

yorurei

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:01 am
Vi Sparklemist
Uh... Well. Christmas is coming up. What's gonna happen? Dinner with family? Party all night long? Ignoring it and sleep? (Staying on Gaia?)

And what do you really think of this loving time of the year?

Other News?
One of my dear friends has bought the first volume of Demon Diary. Nice timing, is all I've got to say. I'll borrow it from her as soon as she finishes it.

ooo...you'll love it...it's all cute and shonen-ai-ish...be perpaired tho, there's an author change between vols 1 and 2...it's still good tho...as for this christmas, i'm just looking forward to finals being over and me being able to sleep to no end(yea! whee ) i'm done with my shopping and i didn't get stuff for everyone(cause i'm a broke college student)...i feel bad cause some of them got me stuff...rarw...about the only thing i like about this holiday season is christmas eve at my grandma's house...i get to see my all time favorite cousin there! and my mom's side of the family is a blast to go and visit! (they're the open-minded ones while my dad's side of the family is strictly catholic...note the word 'strict') it could be worse i guess...atleast i got to open one of my presents early! i got me a fluffy action figure...i loves me some fluffy(seshomaru) whee i wonder what else i got and what everyone else is getting...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:53 am
I've been looking forward to the holidays for weeks now...
I'll just rest, meet all those people living to far away to visit during the terms and do some serious shopping!! I'll be in Stockholm during the big winter sale... God, I love to blow money on gourgeous things i don't need.

But first i have two christmas concerts to go through.
Fun, sure, but it's tiresome to play for hours two days in a row.

Oh, and, Vi Sparklemist, Demon Diary is the cutest!! I bought the first volume a month ago, and it's hilarious!!  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Shura Yukihime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:32 am
Heh... My Christmas Eves are the same every year. My immediate family isn't Christian, so there's no church services, or anything like that, although we do sort of celebrate Christmas.

First, around the evening, we head off to one of my relatives-on-my-mother's-side place for dinner... Although our so-called Christmas dinner's not really a typical Christmas dinner... the only expected thing is a stuffed turkey and maybe some ham. The rest, well, is mainly typical Singaporean hawker fare. Stuff like satay... Not too sure how to define that... And also stuff like various dumplings and the like...

Then, once dinner's over, my cousins and I will probably play about an hour at least's worth of card games... I can't define our normal game either, nor spell it... It's in one of those Chinese dialects... Tai di... or something like that. This is the closest spelling I can think of... Then, depending on whose house it is, we'll end up playing on some console... PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo... If enough of my cousins are in the mood, and there's a basketball around, we'll go downstairs to the community court and I'll watch the guys play a game. It's not cold in Singapore, just in case you're wondering... 'Cos S'pore's located on the darned equator.

And finally, my favorite part, the collecting of presents from under the host's tree... Yeah... Christmas is spent lazing about.

However, no shopping for me this Christmas... I'm broke, unable to even watch a darned movie at the moment... Only got $5 in my wallet... Besides, I'm more interested in busting my cash when Chinese New Year comes around... then I can spend all I want on clothes... Especially that pair of platform boots I've been drooling over...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:37 pm
Shura Yukihime
Heh... My Christmas Eves are the same every year. My immediate family isn't Christian, so there's no church services, or anything like that, although we do sort of celebrate Christmas.

First, around the evening, we head off to one of my relatives-on-my-mother's-side place for dinner... Although our so-called Christmas dinner's not really a typical Christmas dinner... the only expected thing is a stuffed turkey and maybe some ham. The rest, well, is mainly typical Singaporean hawker fare. Stuff like satay... Not too sure how to define that... And also stuff like various dumplings and the like...

Then, once dinner's over, my cousins and I will probably play about an hour at least's worth of card games... I can't define our normal game either, nor spell it... It's in one of those Chinese dialects... Tai di... or something like that. This is the closest spelling I can think of... Then, depending on whose house it is, we'll end up playing on some console... PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo... If enough of my cousins are in the mood, and there's a basketball around, we'll go downstairs to the community court and I'll watch the guys play a game. It's not cold in Singapore, just in case you're wondering... 'Cos S'pore's located on the darned equator.

And finally, my favorite part, the collecting of presents from under the host's tree... Yeah... Christmas is spent lazing about.

However, no shopping for me this Christmas... I'm broke, unable to even watch a darned movie at the moment... Only got $5 in my wallet... Besides, I'm more interested in busting my cash when Chinese New Year comes around... then I can spend all I want on clothes... Especially that pair of platform boots I've been drooling over...

Same here, my family is not remotely Christian, but we use the holiday as an excuse to get the family together.

Our dinners dont even have turkey or ham or some such, its mostly some chinese dishes to appeal to the older folks and sushi and whatever snazzy yummy stuff we decide to make for the younger crowd.
Most of the time we just sit around and talk and play video games while the old relatives play mah jong.

Then presents are opened, though thats getting less and less every year. Aunts and Uncles and grandparents may get one biggish thing each, the kids, since hte vast majority of us are in our 20s now, just get money or a few small things here and there.

::rolls away:: is it me or is Gaia not working lately.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Shura Yukihime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:24 pm
Sai-kun

Same here, my family is not remotely Christian, but we use the holiday as an excuse to get the family together.

Our dinners dont even have turkey or ham or some such, its mostly some chinese dishes to appeal to the older folks and sushi and whatever snazzy yummy stuff we decide to make for the younger crowd.
Most of the time we just sit around and talk and play video games while the old relatives play mah jong.

Then presents are opened, though thats getting less and less every year. Aunts and Uncles and grandparents may get one biggish thing each, the kids, since hte vast majority of us are in our 20s now, just get money or a few small things here and there.

Nah, it's not just you. And just wondering, but do you celebrate Chinese New Year? Just curious... whee  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:32 pm
Shura Yukihime
Sai-kun

Nah, it's not just you. And just wondering, but do you celebrate Chinese New Year? Just curious... whee

Yus we do ^_^ Chinese new year is fun 'specially in Chinatown with the firecrackers and the dancing dragons and the special food.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Shura Yukihime

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:49 am
Singapore is such a spoilsport... Silly country banned firecrackers in general. Only the government can let them off at Chinatown... stare But we have all the rest of the CNY stuff. I think Chinese New Year's my favorite holiday... blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:07 pm
Chinese New Year... *drool*
I wish our new year could be something like that..

But Sweden is Sweden. The day I see a dancing dragon on the streets of my town... must be after I've eaten something really weird. sweatdrop

yorurei

ooo...you'll love it...it's all cute and shonen-ai-ish...

Yeah, I think I will. I looked through it a few times while visiting the friend in question, and it seemed good.
(Though I mistook Raefel (or whatever his name was again) for a girl in the beginning whee )

Sanekazura
I've been looking forward to the holidays for weeks now...
I'll just rest, meet all those people living to far away to visit during the terms and do some serious shopping!! I'll be in Stockholm during the big winter sale... God, I love to blow money on gourgeous things i don't need.

But first i have two christmas concerts to go through.
Fun, sure, but it's tiresome to play for hours two days in a row.

Oh, and, Vi Sparklemist, Demon Diary is the cutest!! I bought the first volume a month ago, and it's hilarious!!

I wanna go to sthlm as well... SF-Bokhandeln is calling, and I just love wandering around all those shops. There's always something to look at there. 3nodding

Christmas concert, 'eh? May I ask what you play?

-

Edit: By the way, where has Rociel - Inorganic Angel went off? It's been quite a while now.  

Vi Sparklemist

0Gothica0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:51 pm
bump  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:29 pm
0Gothica0
bump

You don't have anything to reply? ^_^;; you can bump by replying!!

Oh...um...our post lists are so short that you dont really need to bump anyway O_O  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:08 am
Vi Sparklemist
But Sweden is Sweden. The day I see a dancing dragon on the streets of my town... must be after I've eaten something really weird. sweatdrop

I tried to picture a dancing dragon in my hometown as well... xp it would never happen! Unless i make one myself and go out and dance. Maybe i could ask Sono for help?
Vi Sparklemist

I'm a violin player. 3nodding Not an exceptionally good one, but I'm doing my best.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:26 am
hey! I was playing at the christmas consert too! 3nodding I'm playing the drums!

and saneee..! you should change your banner to the ones we have, so there's a link to the guild.  

Sonoshi
Crew

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:34 am
Sanekazura
Vi Sparklemist

I tried to picture a dancing dragon in my hometown as well... xp it would never happen! Unless i make one myself and go out and dance. Maybe i could ask Sono for help?

Vi Sparklemist

I'm a violin player. 3nodding Not an exceptionally good one, but I'm doing my best.

If you make a dancing dragon, take pics! ^_^
And hey, knowing how to play an instrument is better than not knowing how to play any!  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff