Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Which creepy crawly whould you least want to fight? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

who would you never want to face?
  The Licker(s)
  Zombie(s)
  The Zombie Dog(s)
  Giant Spider(s)
  Mutated Plant(s)
  Any of the Bosses(Tyrant, Nemessis, etc)
  Giant Things(snake(s), Bug(s), Fish, etc)
  "Hell, i would take them al!"
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:30 pm
Hey, I'm not the one making the games. If I was, the story would still be worthy of "Resident Evil" title.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:34 pm
Ahh, Jibble Sandwich.

Those Brain Suckers from RE3 would suck to fight also.  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:37 pm
Those things alone are worth remaking RE3 (in it's classic static camera angle style, of course), they'd be freaky as hell on the current generation.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:41 pm
Oh yeah. Never thought about how awesome RE3 would be too much. For some reason I always imagined a RE2 remake.  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:49 pm
Well, RE3 is my second favorite RE title (second to REmake). It would be such an amazing title on the new generation. One of the best things about Umbrella Chronicles was the Nemesis 3D model. So much potential, such a waste.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:52 pm
Agreed.

I shall now scour for a picture of Next-gen Nemmy.  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Actually, the 3D model isn't even that well done. There's no smoothing on his shoulder tentacle (which isn't hard to do, so I guess they simply forgot) as you can see:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:00 pm
Must of, because that looks bad lol. Blocky.  

Mr. Kennedy

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:10 pm
Hahaha, just goes to show how much they sacrificed in order to make a quick buck.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:15 pm
/sigh  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:18 pm
Well, that's what happens. You got these several series like RE, DMC and Onimusha, and slowly I'm noticing each is becoming more like the other. Soon they'll all be one and the same game, which means they won't have to work on the gameplay engine at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:25 pm
Well I heard DMC4 is still the same as the others. Kick a** with a side of terrible dialogue.  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:21 pm
Umm, well I played the demo. And if by "Same as the others" you mean, it plays exactly like DMC1, then yes, it's the same. But I don't dabble in DMC so I wouldn't know. All I know is that Onimusha 4 is essentially an RPG. And RE is heading the same way, with the weapon upgrades, etc. It's becoming an RPG. So maybe they're not necessarily merging into each other, but they're all merging into one thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:26 pm
I always thought they were just running outta ideas for Onimushia. Number 4 seems like good enough proof.

Weapon upgrades in RE4 was welcomed.  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:30 pm
The weapon upgrades were handled very RPG-like. And last time I checked, RPG =/= survival horror.
I hated them.
If you're gonna have weapon upgrades, the best way to do it is the way they did it in Metal Gear Solid 4, by attaching flashlights, lasers, silencers, and stronger ammo. Which we had in RE3, the upgraded ammo. And in RE2 and Code Veronica they had gun parts, THAT'S a smart way to upgrade weapons.
Capcom did it in the noobish way possible. "Yeah, your gun has more ammo now, and it shoots stronger bullets, but only that gun, your other handgun will shoot the same bullets weaker. But you can magically reload it faster."
Last time I checked, the idea of Survival Horror is that you're scared because the situation you're in is REALISTIC. At least realistic enough to suspend the disbelief.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff