Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 799 800 801 802 803 804 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:18 pm

Thank you Thee Stranger (For acknowledging my manliness haha).

The only games I think that deserve a 10 are the revolutionaries. So yes, even though it was unknown if RE4 was gonna have the impact that it did, in the end, it DID deserve the 10s it got during the time of its release.

In saying that, no, I don't think games like Super Mario Galaxy 2 or even Uncharted 2 deserve a 10 (Even though I would give both that score). Although they're basically examples of perfection in their respective genres, I don't think they revolutionized anything...Just exceeded above all others. The reason both Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Uncharted 2 got 10s was because since they were superior sequels, there was no other score to give them since both game's predecessors scored so highly themselves.

~

I was so excited to see that my favorite monster from Super Mario World returned in SMG2, and with an entire galaxy dedicated to it no less. That monster is Blarg, the lava being (Whited out in case you don't want anything spoiled, TS.)

Also, I won't say which one, but a stage from Super Mario 64 is revisited. And even though I'm not a big fan of Super Mario 64, I was pleasently surprised to find out it was one of the few stages I actually liked. So sweet dealio.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:53 pm

Chase Me To The End
The only games I think that deserve a 10 are the revolutionaries. So yes, even though it was unknown if RE4 was gonna have the impact that it did, in the end, it DID deserve the 10s it got during the time of its release.
Yeah, but how do you know that those games aren't revolutionary BECAUSE they get higher ratings?
I mean, what if for whatever reason, RE4 got like 6.0s? Maybe then people wouldn't have said, "Hey, let's rip off THAT game."

Chase Me To The End
In saying that, no, I don't think games like Super Mario Galaxy 2 or even Uncharted 2 deserve a 10 (Even though I would give both that score). Although they're basically examples of perfection in their respective genres, I don't think they revolutionized anything...Just exceeded above all others. The reason both Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Uncharted 2 got 10s was because since they were superior sequels, there was no other score to give them since both game's predecessors scored so highly themselves.
But that's obviously not the formula they follow. I mean, look at Metal Gear Solid. MGS2 got higher ratings than MGS3. Why? Because MGS2 was a huge deal, it brought the Stealth genre into the next generation, and vastly expanded on MGS1's gameplay. So you can understand why. But still, MGS3 is a superior sequel in, I would say, every single way. So if you look at it that way, it's still unjustified.

So, are you gonna lay it on me about Rats in the Walls or what?

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:48 pm

Surely not. But that's not even the point, because a game like RE4 wouldn't get 6s.

I haven't played MGS3 yet, so I can't share my input on that.

Ok, Rats in the Walls.'

On your singing:

Ok, you're not suited for Thrash, but you're definitely suited for Progressive Metal.

Ya see, I don't know if it's your voice or your equipment, but sometimes when you yell, it sounds very strained, like your holding back because you can't reach a high level of awesomeness.

But when you sing, hmm, more "softly" haha, or when you keep your voice low like during the section from 1:01 to 1:10, you sound very natural, and all dark and badass like.

Now, since Thrash is all about the noise where Progressive Metal is about the noise and the experimentation, this will be good for your voice, because you won't have to yell as often as you would be if you focused solely on Thrash. Then again, maybe I need to hear more songs featuring your yelling voice before I cast full judgement on it, so...

Don't be afraid to unleash the beast, unless you already have, in which case I definitely need to hear more songs before, well, like I said, before I cast full judgement.

On the musicians:

I commend your bass and gee-tar players. They are both very good, and both excel when soloing (Well, when I say soloing for the bass player, I mean when all that can be heard at the moment is the bass haha). But, the drumming...

This is another "I dunno ifs" situation, but I don't know it it's your drummer or how the drumming was composed (Do your write musical notes for drums? I'm serious. I don't know how that works), but it sounded very off and distracting (Especially during the solo), and rather very amateurish, as if an electric piano was playing one of it's basic, set beats. Maybe it's because the drumming didn't get too wild in this song, but I want to hear more oomph from him. Then again, it was a thrash song, so maybe that was to be expected? I don't want to once again cast full judgement on the matter yet, so I shall wait 'til I hear one of your progressive metal songs, where hopefully the drumming WILL get wild.

On the actual song:

A short and sweet thrash song with a small gee-tar solo tucked in for good measures. Overall, not bad, but I expect more from you when it comes to your actual progressive metal songs.

And that's my fity cent on the matter.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:58 pm

Chase Me To The End
Surely not. But that's not even the point, because a game like RE4 wouldn't get 6s.
No, you're right, that's not the point. The point is that there ARE a lot of really great, unique, fun games that introduce a ton of new ideas and do so effectively, and still get 6s. Indigo Prophecy is the perfect example. That's where the term underrated comes from. Games that are amazing, but don't get the recognition that they deserve, and as a result, don't end up being 'revolutionary' even though they're truly unique.

Chase Me To The End

Ok, Rats in the Walls.'

On your singing:

Ok, you're not suited for Thrash, but you're definitely suited for Progressive Metal.

Ya see, I don't know if it's your voice or your equipment, but sometimes when you yell, it sounds very strained, like your holding back because you can't reach a high level of awesomeness.

But when you sing, hmm, more "softly" haha, or when you keep your voice low like during the section from 1:01 to 1:10, you sound very natural, and all dark and badass like.

Now, since Thrash is all about the noise where Progressive Metal is about the noise and the experimentation, this will be good for your voice, because you won't have to yell as often as you would be if you focused solely on Thrash. Then again, maybe I need to hear more songs featuring your yelling voice before I cast full judgement on it, so...

Don't be afraid to unleash the beast, unless you already have, in which case I definitely need to hear more songs before, well, like I said, before I cast full judgement.
Okay, but what I wanted to know more was which parts specifically should I redo on Rats in the Walls, and how I should redo them, if you have any ideas.

Chase Me To The End

On the musicians:

I commend your bass and gee-tar players. They are both very good, and both excel when soloing (Well, when I say soloing for the bass player, I mean when all that can be heard at the moment is the bass haha). But, the drumming...

This is another "I dunno ifs" situation, but I don't know it it's your drummer or how the drumming was composed (Do your write musical notes for drums? I'm serious. I don't know how that works), but it sounded very off and distracting (Especially during the solo), and rather very amateurish, as if an electric piano was playing one of it's basic, set beats. Maybe it's because the drumming didn't get too wild in this song, but I want to hear more oomph from him. Then again, it was a thrash song, so maybe that was to be expected? I don't want to once again cast full judgement on the matter yet, so I shall wait 'til I hear one of your progressive metal songs, where hopefully the drumming WILL get wild.
Well, that drummer is gone anyway, so we'll be looking for another one anyway. But I dunno, it's weird, because a lot of drummers have a much harder time recording than they do playing live. He was actually pretty amazing when we jammed, but for some reason, he had difficulty when recording. Nevertheless, you should hear the other songs. Just wait a week or two.

Chase Me To The End

On the actual song:

A short and sweet thrash song with a small gee-tar solo tucked in for good measures. Overall, not bad, but I expect more from you when it comes to your actual progressive metal songs.

Yeah, it's our fastest, thrashiest and shortest song. Not my favorite, but it's nice and short.

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:09 am

Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
No, you're right, that's not the point. The point is that there ARE a lot of really great, unique, fun games that introduce a ton of new ideas and do so effectively, and still get 6s. Indigo Prophecy is the perfect example. That's where the term underrated comes from. Games that are amazing, but don't get the recognition that they deserve, and as a result, don't end up being 'revolutionary' even though they're truly unique.

Chase Me To The End

Ok, Rats in the Walls.'

On your singing:

Okay, but what I wanted to know more was which parts specifically should I redo on Rats in the Walls, and how I should redo them, if you have any ideas.

Chase Me To The End

On the musicians:

Well, that drummer is gone anyway, so we'll be looking for another one anyway. But I dunno, it's weird, because a lot of drummers have a much harder time recording than they do playing live. He was actually pretty amazing when we jammed, but for some reason, he had difficulty when recording. Nevertheless, you should hear the other songs. Just wait a week or two.

Chase Me To The End

On the actual song:

Yeah, it's our fastest, thrashiest and shortest song. Not my favorite, but it's nice and short.

I haven't played Indigo Prophecy, so I couldn't tell you whether I agree with you or not, heh.

But, I haven't played enough low scoring, possibly revolutionary games to really say anything on the matter anyways, so sorry I can't first hand knowledgeably understand what point you're coming from.

Ok, give me another day to tell you what parts I think you should alter. For now, I'm going to bed. It's 2 a.m., I'm tired, and I have work in the morning. So I should be alseep already, haha. Peace.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:23 am

Chase Me To The End
I haven't played Indigo Prophecy, so I couldn't tell you whether I agree with you or not, heh.

But, I haven't played enough low scoring, possibly revolutionary games to really say anything on the matter anyways, so sorry I can't first hand knowledgeably understand what point you're coming from.
Surely you've played at least one game that might've gotten some mediocre reviews and thought, "How the hell did this get such a low score? This game is pure genius!" No?

Chase Me To The End

Ok, give me another day to tell you what parts I think you should alter. For now, I'm going to bed. It's 2 a.m., I'm tired, and I have work in the morning. So I should be alseep already, haha. Peace.
Sleep is for the weak. Even the dead don't sleep... Well, not in our reality.

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:06 am

Rats in the Walls... H.P. Lovecraft.

Gahhh, there's too much to reply to! I'll get back with you later, Chase. I'm going to just respond to Bio for now. Here we go.

It's not as hard as you think to find a cheap 360, dude.

Japan. The Asian copy. Deadly Premontion is multi-plat in Japan, and it's called Red Seeds Profile. And you can play it in English.

Yes, that's true for most part. But just because they are largely the same doesn't mean you might prefer one over the other. I'd prefer Uncharted over Gears of War. That said, I have a deep affection for zombies, and I especially like to play videogames that feature zombies. And since RE is no longer helping me in that department, I have to look elsewhere. So, let's look. The 360 has Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead. Both awesome ******** games that feature zombies. Outside of a couple little rink-a-dink downloadable things like Burn Zombie Burn, the PS3 has ziltch. So for my zombie fix, I'm going to the 360. It offers me some things that the PS3 doesn't, which is why the 360 has a place in my entertainment center.

Yeah, I forgot that they do limit some things you can do in CQC online. It's really fun, though, to get the jump on an annoying headset b*****d, flip him over, choke him out, and play with him for a while before you kill him. Let him wake up just before. Because all the dude can do is watch. Likewise, it sucks when this happens to you. MGO can be very evil.

Well, I'm not a huge fan of racers myself. So I couldn't really comment on any of the other Wii ones, but yeah, I'm sure they're most likely garbage. I got Mario Kart to play with my friends one night. I haven't really played it a whole lot since. but it was fun, and it's good social gaming. It's a casual racing game. That's my kinda racing game. I'm not a gear head.

LOL. xd Yes. YES. I agree with every fiber of my being. However, I did very much enjoy The World Ends With You. Best thing I've played from Square since FF9. Did I mention I love the DS? DS kicks the Wii's a**. Seriously, the DS is probably my favorite console of this gen. And that's probably due to the fact that I work graveyard shift, so in the downtime, the DS is my savior. Sorry. Just had to throw that out there. Again.

Yes. Well. I could argue the same for Mario Galaxy and Mario Galaxy 2, because I doubt you've actually played or experienced any of them for yourself. If you did, it was probably very briefly, and you didn't see nearly everthing there is to offer. I did play the God of War 3 demo, and have seen a couple video reviews, but what's there is just no big draw for me. And you're not seriously comparing God of War to Shadow of the Colossus...? Maybe Shadow felt more impressive in size and scope because of its awesome gameplay. I had to think, strategize, and figure out how to take down these huge creatures, which just become increasingly bigger, challenging, and unique. Once you think you have seen all you're gonna see out of that game, it throws something crazy at you. And it is very much a thinking-man's game as well as an action game. God of War is just mash buttons, mash buttons, mash buttons, look for the command it's going to display, hit that button; highly stylized, cinematic camera angles. I don't see how you could bash something like Bayonetta but praise God of War. Likewise, I like Madworld, which also has some similiar traits to both of those games. But the Wii motion controls and the style made that game for me. It's a matter of taste, I guess. I'm not saying God of War sucks, I just don't think it's anything to cream your pants over. Kinda like how you feel about Mario. As I said, nothing either of us are going to say is going to make us understand the appeal of these franchises. It's pointless.

Okay. Fine. And I know Mario doesn't hold a candle to the great, well-written character of Kratos. Who talks like a professional Wrestler plugging his next feud. But, I'd rather just stick to Mario, who keeps his mouth shut for the most part.

Yeah, I know.

Well, all I can really do is look at it in hindsight. Since RE4 has been out for at least half a decade now. But I'm just saying, it's quite apparent that RE4 was a really good game. If it wasn't, you wouldn't be seeing sprinkles of it in just about every third person action game now. RE4 set a new standard, spanning at least two entire genres. MGS3 merely set a new standard for the MGS series, to which RE4 also helped. Also, I think MGS2 evolved the core gameplay a lot more so than MGS3 did. So was RE4 a better game than MGS3? That comes down to your opinion. All I know is RE4 did more for games as a whole in the long run. None of MGS3's conventions had much of an influence on anything other than MGS, and some of them, such as the self-surgery and food consumption, were scrapped and didn't even make their way into MGS4.

Yeah. Well. RE3 had training manuals... so did REmake.

I would agree. I don't rate games on a number system. There are games I like, games I love, games I hate/love, games that are alright, games that suck, and games that really suck. That's my rating system. But the professionals like to use numbers. Whatever.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:58 am

Thee Stranger
Rats in the Walls... H.P. Lovecraft.
Yes, that's what it's based on.

Thee Stranger
It's not as hard as you think to find a cheap 360, dude.
Well, between paying for acting classes and getting the odd essential video game, I'm still broke.

Thee Stranger
Japan. The Asian copy. Deadly Premontion is multi-plat in Japan, and it's called Red Seeds Profile. And you can play it in English.
Well, no luck on eBay.

Thee Stranger
Yes, that's true for most part. But just because they are largely the same doesn't mean you might prefer one over the other. I'd prefer Uncharted over Gears of War. That said, I have a deep affection for zombies, and I especially like to play videogames that feature zombies. And since RE is no longer helping me in that department, I have to look elsewhere. So, let's look. The 360 has Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead. Both awesome ******** games that feature zombies. Outside of a couple little rink-a-dink downloadable things like Burn Zombie Burn, the PS3 has ziltch. So for my zombie fix, I'm going to the 360. It offers me some things that the PS3 doesn't, which is why the 360 has a place in my entertainment center.
Again, every system offers some things that the other doesn't. Though to be honest, I probably wouldn't bother with Left 4 Dead. Heck, I could get it on PC, my friend's been pushing me so hard to get it on PC, but it simply doesn't interest me. You got me on Dead Rising, but still, it doesn't exactly capture a true Survival Horror experience.

Thee Stranger
Yeah, I forgot that they do limit some things you can do in CQC online. It's really fun, though, to get the jump on choke an annoying headset b*****d, flip him over, choke him out, and play with him for a while before you kill him. Let him wake up just before. Because all the dude can do is watch. Likewise, it sucks when this happens to you. MGO can be very evil.
Well, either way. The point is, in story mode, I can spend 10 - 20 minutes getting through one area, just by being extremely stealthy and avoiding all the enemies, or whatever. You can't really do that online, online you HAVE to kill the other guys, that's the point of it, and they will run around, and you will get found, so it's a far cry from a true MGS experience, unless YOUR MGS experience is running around guns blazing.

Thee Stranger
Well, I'm not a huge fan of racers myself. So I couldn't really comment on any of the other Wii ones, but yeah, I'm sure they're most likely garbage. I got Mario Kart to play with my friends one night. I haven't really played it a whole lot since. but it was fun, and it's good social gaming. It's a casual racing game. That's my kinda racing game. I'm not a gear head.
Still, if I wanted a party game... Well you know, I'd get Mario Party, haha.

Thee Stranger
And you're not seriously comparing God of War to Shadow of the Colossus...? Maybe Shadow felt more impressive in size and scope because of its awesome gameplay. I had to think, strategize, and figure out how to take down these huge creatures, which just become increasingly bigger, challenging, and unique. Once you think you have seen all you're gonna see out of that game, it throws something crazy at you. And it is very much a thinking-man's game as well as an action game. God of War is just mash buttons, mash buttons, mash buttons, look for the command it's going to display, hit that button; highly stylized, cinematic camera angles. I don't see how you could bash something like Bayonetta but praise God of War.
I'm not exactly bashing Bayonetta's gameplay, I'm bashing its pathetic try at an interesting storyline and interesting character, and its desperate attempt to sell it with sex. Neither of which is pulled off well, even though most people would disagree... Bayonetta is like Lady GaGa of video games, that's the best analogy I could give you.

With God of War, it's just really huge and epic, I mean, you got bosses that are pretty much whole levels in themselves. And it's an interesting twist on Greek mythology.

Thee Stranger
Likewise, I like Madworld, which also has some similiar traits to both of those games. But the Wii motion controls and the style made that game for me. It's a matter of taste, I guess. I'm not saying God of War sucks, I just don't think it's anything to cream your pants over. Kinda like how you feel about Mario. As I said, nothing either of us are going to say is going to make us understand the appeal of these franchises. It's pointless.
Yeah, but at least I can say, "I enjoy God of War's storyline," even if you disagree, there IS a concrete storyline there, with a certain continuity and character development. And again, I'm not saying that Mario NEEDS that, I'm just saying that without it, there's nothing that would draw me to buy the game, or of I did buy the game, there's nothing that would keep me from trading it off after I finish it once.

Thee Stranger
Well, all I can really do is look at it in hindsight. Since RE4 has been out for at least half a decade now. But I'm just saying, it's quite apparent that RE4 was a really good game. If it wasn't, you wouldn't be seeing sprinkles of it in just about every third person action game now. RE4 set a new standard, spanning at least two entire genres. MGS3 merely set a new standard for the MGS series, to which RE4 also helped. Also, I think MGS2 evolved the core gameplay a lot more so than MGS3 did. So was RE4 a better game than MGS3? That comes down to your opinion. All I know is RE4 did more for games as a whole in the long run. None of MGS3's conventions had much of an influence on anything other than MGS, and some of them, such as the self-surgery and food consumption, were scrapped and didn't even make their way into MGS4.
Well, that sucks. Frankly, I loved those conventions. Particularly the food gathering. And hell, even RE4 took some of that, with the eggs and the fish and whatnot.

Thee Stranger
Yeah. Well. RE3 had training manuals... so did REmake.
Yeah, but they didn't just out right tell you, like, "Hey, Jill, take a look at our training manual, it'll help you play the game." No other RE game has ever broken the fourth wall.

Thee Stranger
I would agree. I don't rate games on a number system. There are games I like, games I love, games I hate/love, games that are alright, games that suck, and games that really suck. That's my rating system. But the professionals like to use numbers. Whatever.
Yeah, but it's not even about numbers, it's about ranks too. In every, "Best PS2 games" list, RE4 comes up higher than MGS3, and I think that's highly unjust, especially since MGS3 is an exclusive, and RE4 has been ported how many times?

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Beat RE3 last night!

Nemesis's final form was such a cakewalk. xp
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:47 pm

AngelaAshford
Beat RE3 last night!

Wait, you mean... For the first time!? burning_eyes

Biohazard EXTREME

The King of Misery

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Hey,I'm making a new RE Rp,it's basically the first RE,but it's my very own Alternative Creation.Can you guys tell me what you think.Instead of typing up a straight forward storyline I decided to write a bunch notes,memos,news bulletins and stuff so that the reader has to put it all together to try and figure out the story behind it.

[x]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
AngelaAshford
Beat RE3 last night!

Wait, you mean... For the first time!? burning_eyes

Yeah. I know I've told you that it was the only RE I've never played before.

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:20 am

AngelaAshford
Yeah. I know I've told you that it was the only RE I've never played before.
I must've repressed it. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:27 am

Who here agrees that Re6's main should be Billy Coen?

It should go something like this:.....

Still a wanted fellon,Billy Coen goes by the name of William Cole.He makes his money off of being a fisherman in Alaska.He is quiet,and keeps to himself.He tries hard to focus on this new life he's been leading for eleven years,but every day Billy thinks about that long,horrifying night.The night he met Rebecca Chambers,a rookie S.T.A.R.S. member.

In the closet of his small house,of which he only occupies alone,is a lock box.Inside is the broken hand-cuffs he wore so long ago,and the standard issue MP sidearm he used so long ago.

Billy,William,awoke at 4:00 a.m.,as usual.And as usual,the streets were empty as most people were still going to sleep for another two hours.William's house was right next to a dock....

That's where I cut off because I can't go into detail about the monsters because Uroboros mad no sense and Palagas was dumb as hell,but the game should have 5's contols and graphics,with all the exciting mysteries,puzzels,and challenges at survival as in 1-Veronica.

The King of Misery

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:16 pm

Hmm, I wish RE6 would be set in a city again, and feature Rebecca as the main playable character (Just because I like her)...No partner this time, God dammit. Zombies must make their return, of course, but I want the over-the-shoulder camera system kept. Have the game revert back to it's survival horror roots, and have the villian be some one new...

~

Only 3 stars away from getting all 120 stars in SMG2. Such a fun game, but of course the challenge is always stepped up to the hair pullingly frustrating level torwards the end haha.

I think afterwords I shall try for a second playthrough of Twilight Princess, seeing as how I'll finally be getting my patiently earned glimpse at Zelda Wii 2 next week (F***ing better, anyways).

~

Since I finished playing FFX at my ma's place, I put Chrono Trigger aside so as to start playing Rogue Galaxy. So far, my self inflicted hype has not been let down. What a grand JRPG.

~

What's new with everyone?
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 799 800 801 802 803 804 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games