Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 800 801 802 803 804 805 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:26 pm

Chase Me To The End
Hmm, I wish RE6 would be set in a city again, and feature Rebecca as the main playable character (Just because I like her)...No partner this time, God dammit. Zombies must make their return, of course, but I want the over-the-shoulder camera system kept. Have the game revert back to it's survival horror roots, and have the villian be some one new...
The only way to redeem RE, as I've said before, is a clean slate. A complete reboot of the series from the ground up. And even then, they'd have a lot to live up to.

Chase Me To The End
What's new with everyone?

What's new? WHAT'S NEW!?!?
Well, first of all, I just got the new MGS for PSP, and so far it's kicking a**. Barely 20 minutes in and already there's a plot twist. In any case, awesome as a shooter on PSP can get.

Of course, here I was, thinking, "Well, the new MGS is so awesome, there's just no way anything MORE exciting could happen today," and then I get THIS!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmvxjnwbMPI

Most people are suspecting that it's a trailer for the new movie, like The Dark Knight, but I dunno... Upon closer examination, and some further evidence, I suspect that it's a viral marketing campaign for the new game. Either way, it looks amazing in spite of being so different from its roots.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:28 pm

Yarg, I saw that "trailer" myself earlier today. Whatever it is, it's the second best Mortal Kombat viral thingy I have ever seen...The first being Cooking with Scorpion, of course.

~

Heh, I need to get back to MGS soon myself. Though, like I said before, I'm not totally looking forward to playing MGS3. As neat as all the new mechanics implemented look, I only play MGS for the story and stealth aspects, so I'm not totally looking forward to hunting to regain stamina...

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Chase Me To The End
I only play MGS for the story and stealth aspects, so I'm not totally looking forward to hunting to regain stamina...
Okay, put it this way, a LOT of the things you catch if not most, once you catch them, you can make a radio call to have often very hilarious conversations about what you just caught. It's one of the best things about the game.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:01 pm

King of Misery, your RE RP looks adequate enough I'd say. Good luck with that. And no, no Billy for RE6. ******** Billy. I agree with Bio and Chase in regards to the reboot. After RE5, that's all you can really do at this point aside from prequels.

Okay. After some extensive play time with Super Mario Galaxy 2, I now completely understand why it got the scores it did. Because... I'll put it to you this way, even by Mario standards, this game is a BEAST. Just getting to the third planet, the game already started throwing new s**t at me. And it just keeps coming. The graphics are amazing for the Wii. You wouldn't even notice you weren't playing on an HD console. Parts have been streamlined, and I appreciate more of a return to form as far as the storyline goes. That is to say, I don't miss the storybook time segments from the original. I think saying that Mario Galaxy 2 is to the original Mario Galaxy what Uncharted 2 is to the original Uncharted is a pretty fair analogy to those outside the loop. I'm only on the third world. I've been doing a lot of overtime as of late, so I haven't been able to spend as much time with it as I would like. I also picked up Alan Wake the same night... but I haven't even opened it yet. I'll give you my report on that later.

After reading some of these reviews for Peace Walker, and hearing about the way they streamlined the whole recruiting business among other things, I need this game. and once I get it, it definitely seems as though my DS is going to be collecting some dust for a while. Let's hope so. For now, I'm jealous Bio. Because I don't have it. Yet.

Chase, the whole food gathering to maintain stamina may be intimidating at first glance, but there's really nothing to it. It never caused me any problems really. Because there's s**t to eat all over the place.

And in regards to that MK thing... the ********? lol, okay then. I sure hope that's not a movie. xd Can't say as I like Baraka's new look. Or Reptile's for that matter.

Now I'll address a couple things from where we left off:

I didn't have any trouble finding Red Seeds Profile on eBay... but from what I hear now, everything is in Japanese aside from the dub. That might make it a little hard, because there's a lot of text too. I don't know, maybe you should just get a 360 sometime after it has croaked and is dirt cheap or something. Unlike Dead Rising, which is also good, I'd call it a true oldschool survival horror experience.

In regards to MGO, depending on the game type, the goal isn't always to purely kill everyone. Though yes, usually it is. But you can still be stealthy about it. And what do you mean, my MGS experience? What do you think I am, some MGS4 n00b? MGS is a stealth game, and I play it as such. Sometimes I get into gunfights, and they're fun too, but that's only when I get caught.

Mario Party? Why don't you just get Modnation Racers? Sony's answer to Mario Kart. You know, I've found something a little... funny about this generation. Sony aspires to be like Nintendo, probably more than ever before. With stuff like that, 3D Dot Heroes, and Little Big Planet (what I'm hearing about LBP2 sounds sick, by the way). To their credit, they're a lot bigger into customization, which is cool. You'll hear no complaints about that stuff here, but I'm just surprised that more Sony fans aren't bitching about the "kiddy s**t". And now the d***o controllers, too. I probably just opened up a can of worms with that one. Oh well.

lol, which is it? Bayonetta or Modern Warfare 2 that's the Lady Gaga of videogames? xd Even so, I appreciate you using Lady Gaga as a proper analogy to define stupid s**t that shouldn't be popular. I wholeheartedly agree.

I don't think the eggs in RE4 were inspried by MGS3. Maybe. But I'm not entirely confident.

But in regards of a "best of PS2" list, I'd agree with you on that. RE4... that was a Gamecube game. Built from the ground-up for Gamecube. PS2 version was a port that, aside from the extras they threw in, was inferior in a lot of ways. Not to say that it doesn't deserve to be on the list at all, but yeah. In my book, MGS3 would rate higher as a PS2 game, but what are you gonna do?

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:23 pm

Thee Stranger
After reading some of these reviews for Peace Walker, and hearing about the way they streamlined the whole recruiting business among other things, I need this game. and once I get it, it definitely seems as though my DS is going to be collecting some dust for a while. Let's hope so. For now, I'm jealous Bio. Because I don't have it. Yet.

Yeah, man, I'm really enjoying it right now. I got the Limited Edition too, which came with a camo bandana and an art book, which I can't look at yet, because it says "Contans Spoilers" on it.
Overall, the game looks amazing, it actually plays a lot better than I expected. I dunno, something about the demo made me feel like the sneaking would be a bit difficult, but still, I manage to avoid most enemies. It's the combat that's actually more difficult, especially when facing armored vehicles like tanks. I need to think up some better strategies for it.

Particularly, I really like the overall artistic direction of it. It still has rainforests, but at the same time, it has gritty bases dirt roads and such, and, I dunno... It feels almost like... If they were to remake MG1 this is the artistic direction I'd want them to go with.

The cinematics, even though use the same type of animated comic style as Portable Ops, are actually a LOT nicer looking. They're more colorful, and more animated. And I dunno, just better drawn. Like, you can clearly see the setting, the rooms, walls, etc. Portable Ops had a weird Expressionism thing going on, this one is a lot cleaner. And it's even got the occasional QT sequence done WITHIN the comic cutscene, that involves things like aiming at something and shooting it, a "one chance to take the shot" sort of thing.
Plenty of voice overs, too. You really should play it.

Thee Stranger
Chase, the whole food gathering to maintain stamina may be intimidating at first glance, but there's really nothing to it. It never caused me any problems really. Because there's s**t to eat all over the place.
Not only that, but your stamina doesn't decrease as much as you might think. And yeah, chances are, you'll have more food than you'll know what to do with. But like I said, having radio conversations about the food is usually pretty funny.

Thee Stranger
And in regards to that MK thing... the ********? lol, okay then. I sure hope that's not a movie. xd Can't say as I like Baraka's new look. Or Reptile's for that matter.
Well, turns out it was an independent project made by a director to pitch to Warner Bros. We'll see where it goes.

Thee Stranger
Now I'll address a couple things from where we left off:

I didn't have any trouble finding Red Seeds Profile on eBay... but from what I hear now, everything is in Japanese aside from the dub. That might make it a little hard, because there's a lot of text too. I don't know, maybe you should just get a 360 sometime after it has croaked and is dirt cheap or something. Unlike Dead Rising, which is also good, I'd call it a true oldschool survival horror experience.
Well, if I play it, I play it, if I don't I don't. I never played The Clock Tower either, I'm not gonna shed tears over it.

Thee Stranger
In regards to MGO, depending on the game type, the goal isn't always to purely kill everyone. Though yes, usually it is. But you can still be stealthy about it. And what do you mean, my MGS experience? What do you think I am, some MGS4 n00b? MGS is a stealth game, and I play it as such. Sometimes I get into gunfights, and they're fun too, but that's only when I get caught.
I just don't know HOW you play it. There's nothing wrong with going guns blazing. That's the thing about MGS, there's usually plenty of different ways to get through an area, and it gives you options unlike many other stealth games.

Thee Stranger

Mario Party? Why don't you just get Modnation Racers? Sony's answer to Mario Kart.
Well, I could... But if I owned a Wii, I wouldn't get Mario Kart anyway. It's Kart Racing, it's only slightly above Football games on my list of things I like.

Thee Stranger
You know, I've found something a little... funny about this generation. Sony aspires to be like Nintendo, probably more than ever before. With stuff like that, 3D Dot Heroes, and Little Big Planet (what I'm hearing about LBP2 sounds sick, by the way). To their credit, they're a lot bigger into customization, which is cool. You'll hear no complaints about that stuff here, but I'm just surprised that more Sony fans aren't bitching about the "kiddy s**t". And now the d***o controllers, too. I probably just opened up a can of worms with that one. Oh well.
Well, Sony doesn't really advertise them as kiddie games though. They don't go, "Oh, look at Sackboy! He's cute! And lookie, Kart racing!" They pretty much FOCUS on the create part. It's like, "Look what you can build. And look at the physics!"
Which I think helps adult gamers look past the lack of choking hazard content in these games.
Besides, with things like LBP, there are some pretty twisted levels created out there!

Thee Stranger
lol, which is it? Bayonetta or Modern Warfare 2 that's the Lady Gaga of videogames? xd Even so, I appreciate you using Lady Gaga as a proper analogy to define stupid s**t that shouldn't be popular. I wholeheartedly agree.
Yeah, but it applies a lot more literally too. If you look at Bayonetta, her fashion style, her glamor, and all that... It's Lady GaGa without the singing.

Thee Stranger
I don't think the eggs in RE4 were inspried by MGS3. Maybe. But I'm not entirely confident.
Well, I pretty much grouped them with the fish. It's food that you acquire throughout the game. Except there's no stamina guage, so what else will it do? Heal you.

Thee Stranger
But in regards of a "best of PS2" list, I'd agree with you on that. RE4... that was a Gamecube game. Built from the ground-up for Gamecube. PS2 version was a port that, aside from the extras they threw in, was inferior in a lot of ways. Not to say that it doesn't deserve to be on the list at all, but yeah. In my book, MGS3 would rate higher as a PS2 game, but what are you gonna do?
Complain.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Bio,hear me out:Resident Evil doesn't really need redeeming.If you'd stop bagging on 4 and 5 for a bit and pay attention to their backgrounds,it isn't that hard to see they only needed a little tweaking for them to have been a great addition to the series.If 6 is constructed correctly,then it could change quite a bit of view-points.It is entirely possible to create a game that appeals to people who like shooters/action/survival-horror/mystery,and have that all packed in.That way Capcom can bring in new fans,and old RE-fans at the same time.Weather or not that can happen is questionable,but still.

The King of Misery

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:01 pm

The King of Misery
Bio,hear me out:Resident Evil doesn't really need redeeming.If you'd stop bagging on 4 and 5 for a bit and pay attention to their backgrounds,it isn't that hard to see they only needed a little tweaking for them to have been a great addition to the series.If 6 is constructed correctly,then it could change quite a bit of view-points.It is entirely possible to create a game that appeals to people who like shooters/action/survival-horror/mystery,and have that all packed in.That way Capcom can bring in new fans,and old RE-fans at the same time.Weather or not that can happen is questionable,but still.
But they've already ruined the storyline and most of the good characters. Capcom can't and won't backpedal out of that.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
The King of Misery
But they've already ruined the storyline and most of the good characters. Capcom can't and won't backpedal out of that.

Fine,I guess I can give you that.Wesker shouldn't have turned into a B.O.W. and the B.S.A.A. is lame as hell,so automatically there goes Jill and Chris,and Leon should be a Detective instead of a Secret Service Agent,BUT all I'm saying is,if done right,Re6 can be a great new addition.Sure the main Villian is either dead or a crispy B.O.W. somewhere,and sure two of the most commonly liked Characters are basically in a recreation of the C.I.A.,although,those aren't the only good characters.There's still Billy,Rebecca,Carlos,Barry,Claire,Kevin,and HUNK.

The King of Misery

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:23 pm

The King of Misery
Fine,I guess I can give you that.Wesker shouldn't have turned into a B.O.W. and the B.S.A.A. is lame as hell,so automatically there goes Jill and Chris,and Leon should be a Detective instead of a Secret Service Agent,BUT all I'm saying is,if done right,Re6 can be a great new addition.Sure the main Villian is either dead or a crispy B.O.W. somewhere,and sure two of the most commonly liked Characters are basically in a recreation of the C.I.A.,although,those aren't the only good characters.There's still Billy,Rebecca,Carlos,Barry,Claire,Kevin,and HUNK.

Yeah, but the fact that they introduced Las PLagas and ruined Wesker and Jill is enough to not make the series worth following. Even if the next one is about Billy, Rebecca, or whoever, just the fact that some of the best characters and best things about the series have been tarnished and bastardized means that the series isn't worth it anymore. A Resident Evil with Las Plagas in it is NOT Resident Evil. That alone... NOT including what they did with Jill and Wesker, is enough to abandon it. Which I should've realized a lot sooner than I did, but better late than never, I guess.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Grr.

The Hawks win, and I'm stuck at home because neither I nor my friends are 21 yet. We could get together and drink by ourselves, but it would feel like were missing out, especially since all the bars I saw on my bus ride home were PACKED! ******** my age...

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Honestly, dude... Sports bars on the night of the big game are not fun... Well, mostly cause I'm not a sports fan, but either way... There's just that many more Jackasses that feel the need to go, "WHOOOO!!! YEAAAAAHHH!!!!! YEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!" at the top of their lungs just to be sure that everyone else at the bar could hear THEM. Especially when you're trying to have a conversation, it's horribly annoying and distracting.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:45 pm

This isn't just the big game. It's THE game. The game they won the cup; the first time in 49 years! And I'm not old enough to be out there celebrating with everyone else; at least at the bars.

And this is the type of night where it doesn't matter if you can't have a conversation at the bar.

I mean, I wanna make obnoxious noises tonight, because everyone else is! And I mean EVERYONE! People honking their car horns, waving flags, dancing in the streets! Such a great night to be 21, and I'm not 21!

King of Paradise

The King of Misery

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:50 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
The King of Misery

Yeah, but the fact that they introduced Las PLagas and ruined Wesker and Jill is enough to not make the series worth following. Even if the next one is about Billy, Rebecca, or whoever, just the fact that some of the best characters and best things about the series have been tarnished and bastardized means that the series isn't worth it anymore. A Resident Evil with Las Plagas in it is NOT Resident Evil. That alone... NOT including what they did with Jill and Wesker, is enough to abandon it. Which I should've realized a lot sooner than I did, but better late than never, I guess.

Oh come on!There are far better characters then Jill.And the Plagas can still make it worth while.For example:The mutations it did to Krauser,Salazar,Mendez,and Saddler could be done on average town folk and what not.Except,the regular people won't be super-human,they can just be an advanced zombie.It'd be like fighting a further mutated Crimson Head.Just ******** up people,that want to feast on flesh.The bosses can be supped up a bit.All I'm saying is,be optimistic,RE can still be saved.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Chase Me To The End
I mean, I wanna make obnoxious noises tonight, because everyone else is! And I mean EVERYONE! People honking their car horns, waving flags, dancing in the streets! Such a great night to be 21, and I'm not 21!
Umm... Is there a curfew? If people are celebrating outside, then go celebrate outside!

The King of Misery
Oh come on!There are far better characters then Jill.
I wouldn't say so, but you're entitled.

The King of Misery
And the Plagas can still make it worth while.For example:The mutations it did to Krauser,Salazar,Mendez,and Saddler could be done on average town folk and what not.Except,the regular people won't be super-human,they can just be an advanced zombie.It'd be like fighting a further mutated Crimson Head.Just ******** up people,that want to feast on flesh.The bosses can be supped up a bit.All I'm saying is,be optimistic,RE can still be saved.
No it can't. RE is dead.
Las Plagas as a concept, as a parasite that's been buried in the earth for hundreds of years, was a terrible idea. The monsters it created were lame and idiotic, El Gigante especially. The cool thing about RE monster used to be that they were all created from a MANMADE VIRUS that was developed by a giant corporation. RE4 was jam packed full of HORRIBLE storyline ideas, and they left a huge, huge scar on the Resident Evil name. Without a complete reboot, there's no way I can play another RE game that actually makes references to ANY of the events that happened in RE4, Umbrella Chronicles or RE5... Or Degeneration for that matter. To put it simply, for me, Resident Evil ended with Code Veronica. Or Dead Aim, if you count the side games.

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:05 am

Although I haven't been a Mortal Kombat fan since Mortal Kombat Trilogy on the PS1, this new game could be the answer to what I want out of a next gen Mortal Kombat game. And although I technically quit the fighter genre with Street Fight IV, I'm hoping this game will be the one to bring that genre out of retirement for me, at least for that one game.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 800 801 802 803 804 805 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games