Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 801 802 803 804 805 806 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The King of Misery

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:55 am

Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
I mean, I wanna make obnoxious noises tonight, because everyone else is! And I mean EVERYONE! People honking their car horns, waving flags, dancing in the streets! Such a great night to be 21, and I'm not 21!
Umm... Is there a curfew? If people are celebrating outside, then go celebrate outside!

The King of Misery
Oh come on!There are far better characters then Jill.
I wouldn't say so, but you're entitled.

The King of Misery
And the Plagas can still make it worth while.For example:The mutations it did to Krauser,Salazar,Mendez,and Saddler could be done on average town folk and what not.Except,the regular people won't be super-human,they can just be an advanced zombie.It'd be like fighting a further mutated Crimson Head.Just ******** up people,that want to feast on flesh.The bosses can be supped up a bit.All I'm saying is,be optimistic,RE can still be saved.
No it can't. RE is dead.
Las Plagas as a concept, as a parasite that's been buried in the earth for hundreds of years, was a terrible idea. The monsters it created were lame and idiotic, El Gigante especially. The cool thing about RE monster used to be that they were all created from a MANMADE VIRUS that was developed by a giant corporation. RE4 was jam packed full of HORRIBLE storyline ideas, and they left a huge, huge scar on the Resident Evil name. Without a complete reboot, there's no way I can play another RE game that actually makes references to ANY of the events that happened in RE4, Umbrella Chronicles or RE5... Or Degeneration for that matter. To put it simply, for me, Resident Evil ended with Code Veronica. Or Dead Aim, if you count the side games.

RE is in critical condition.
If you listen to me I'm clearly not disputing the fact that the Plagas was a terrible idea.If I were in charge of 4,believe me that game would have been different.But Palagas aside,RE did need new enemies.NOT Palgas enemies,before you get wrong concluion,but new enemies.I would've kept the zombies,but other then that:Resident Evil was in an enemy crisis.The Hunters,were lame.Lickers got boring fast,and so on and so forth.The Virus wasn't entirely manmade.And the Giant Corperation you speak of,didn't develop the first Virus,they used Marcus as a puppet and stole it,then inhanced it.You say RE ended for you,so your going to quit the series all together just because of a few recent flaws?Their have been loads of other game series' that experieneced a few mess-ups along the way,have eventually fixed itself.You're being dismissive and negative.Re6 can be great.In fact,I'll make a deal with you right now;when Resident Evil 6 is finally released,and the game fallows it's path to horrid poltlines,I'll forever bow to you as the all knowing Wizard of Resident Evil.BUT if it turns out into an ALRIGHT addition to the series,you need to start giving RE a few more chances.Do we have a compromise?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:24 pm

The King of Misery
RE is in critical condition.
If you listen to me I'm clearly not disputing the fact that the Plagas was a terrible idea.If I were in charge of 4,believe me that game would have been different.But Palagas aside,RE did need new enemies.NOT Palgas enemies,before you get wrong concluion,but new enemies.I would've kept the zombies,but other then that:Resident Evil was in an enemy crisis.The Hunters,were lame.Lickers got boring fast,and so on and so forth.
First of all, the Hunters are awesome. And second, Lickers have only really been in ONE official game, that's RE2. Sure they were in Survivor, and in Outbreak, but as far as the main series went Lickers were in only one game. And Hunters were different in every game. And aside from the typical zombies, dogs, spiders and crows, RE had all kinds of different enemies in every game. Chimeras in 1, Lickers and Ivys in 2, Brain Suckers in 3, Bandersnatches in Code Veronica, and countless others in 0 there was something new in every game. Especially boss wise. I saw no enemy crisis.

The King of Misery
The Virus wasn't entirely manmade.And the Giant Corperation you speak of,didn't develop the first Virus,they used Marcus as a puppet and stole it,then inhanced it.
Which is the stuff that was released in RE5, and that's another thing, they totally killed the mystery of how the Progenitor Virus originated.
Even as of RE0, all we knew was that Marcus needed funding and they formed Umbrella with Spencer and Ashford. And that's where he continued his research on the Progenitor, which they then developed into T-Virus.

The King of Misery
You say RE ended for you,so your going to quit the series all together just because of a few recent flaws?
I already have. Like I said, unless Capcom reboots Resident Evil entirely and makes it GOOD, I am never playing another new Resident Evil game for as long as I live.
And it wasn't a few recent flaws, it was a LOT of recent flaws. It was taking Resident Evil as we know it, and turning it into something completely unrecognizable.

The King of Misery
Their have been loads of other game series' that experieneced a few mess-ups along the way,have eventually fixed itself.You're being dismissive and negative.Re6 can be great.In fact,I'll make a deal with you right now;when Resident Evil 6 is finally released,and the game fallows it's path to horrid poltlines,I'll forever bow to you as the all knowing Wizard of Resident Evil.
If RE6 is released and the characters in it are saying stuff like, "Blah blah blah, what happened back in Spain to Leon," or "Blah blah blah, when Jill was controlled by Wesker" or "When Wesker fell into the volcano" then they're obviously following the path of horrid plotlines... Dude, it doesn't matter what they do next. The fact that RE4 and 5 happened ruined the storyline forever. Even if RE6 is good, you can't just put it in and say, "I'm just gonna play this and pretend like RE4 and RE5 never happened" when it surely will make references to those events.

The King of Misery
BUT if it turns out into an ALRIGHT addition to the series,you need to start giving RE a few more chances.Do we have a compromise?
Like I said, if RE6 is not a reboot, if it tries continuing the storyline from RE4 and 5, then I see no point in playing it.

Biohazard EXTREME

The King of Misery

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
RE is First of all, the Hunters are awesome. And second, Lickers have only really been in ONE official game, that's RE2. Sure they were in Survivor, and in Outbreak, but as far as the main series went Lickers were in only one game. And Hunters were different in every game. And aside from the typical zombies, dogs, spiders and crows, RE had all kinds of different enemies in every game. Chimeras in 1, Lickers and Ivys in 2, Brain Suckers in 3, Bandersnatches in Code Veronica, and countless others in 0 there was something new in every game. Especially boss wise. I saw no enemy crisis.

Your missing the point,those were different creatures with different strengths,but they all fallowed the same basis.Originality isn't just about fallowing the original,it's about keeping it to the story,having it make sense,and keeping variety.All those different monster had a lot of noteable variety,but I kept on getting this feeling of a subtle repetition.What I'm saying is:Should the new Virus been another inhanced T-virus?No.Should it have been the Palagas?No.
Biohazard EXTREME
Which is the stuff that was released in RE5, and that's another thing, they totally killed the mystery of how the Progenitor Virus originated.Even as of RE0, all we knew was that Marcus needed funding and they formed Umbrella with Spencer and Ashford. And that's where he continued his research on the Progenitor, which they then developed into T-Virus.

Really?It was released in 5?I didn't learn it from five.Just by playing 0 I deducted my conclusion on how Umberella took the Progenitor.In fact,that was the plot.From my perspective at least.Marcus kept to himself about his development in the Progenitor,and was irrataing Spencer because he was spending more time on research then Umberella.Then once Spencer found out about the Progenitor,and what it could do,Spencer let Marcus continue his research.Once developed to a stage where it could be used for Spencer's personal desires,he would take it.When that event reached it's date,Spencer ordered the hit on Marcus,and in a final desperation to save his work,Marcus released his Progenitor experiments.The Queen of which slithered down the Near Dead Marcus' throat and combined itself with Marcus,identifying him as the creator.This fusion gave Marcus life and the power to control the leeches,because of the Queen being apart of him.With the new advantage,he set out to extract his revenge on Spencer,Wesker,and Birkin,or anyone else that got in the way;which happened to be Billy and Rebecca.

Biohazard EXTREME
I already have. Like I said, unless Capcom reboots Resident Evil entirely and makes it GOOD, I am never playing another new Resident Evil game for as long as I live.
And it wasn't a few recent flaws, it was a LOT of recent flaws. It was taking Resident Evil as we know it, and turning it into something completely unrecognizable.

As I said before,if I had a time machine I'd got back before 4,and fix the things that made it a bad RE.There would be no Palagas.They wold not be in Spain.NO Saddler.Maybe Krauser depending.Ada would still be a triple-crossing agent,but the sample she retrieves would be another MANMADE virus.Wesker would still play the Minor part he played.Ashly Graham wouldn't be the President's daughter.She'd be a regular citizen that gets captured for testing the new Virus on,because she doned blood and she was like the perfect type to be tested on or something.Leon's only tie to the story would be that he is a Detective searching for the missing girl,then discovers the new virus and the attemt to restore Umberella.There would be new and inhanced zombies,Hunters,crows,ect. due to the ne virus.There also wouldn't be as many weapons,and very little ammo.Does that sound like a better version of 4?

Biohazard EXTREME
If RE6 is released and the characters in it are saying stuff like, "Blah blah blah, what happened back in Spain to Leon," or "Blah blah blah, when Jill was controlled by Wesker" or "When Wesker fell into the volcano" then they're obviously following the path of horrid plotlines... Dude, it doesn't matter what they do next. The fact that RE4 and 5 happened ruined the storyline forever. Even if RE6 is good, you can't just put it in and say, "I'm just gonna play this and pretend like RE4 and RE5 never happened" when it surely will make references to those events.

You are making a mountain out of an ant hill.And yes,if 6 is worth it,that is exactly what I expect.It was done with Mario.I believe it was 2 when it was just awful,but when 3 came out,everyone said this is great im gonna play this and pretend 2 never happened.And that is still what people are waiting for with Sonic.All these new titles that are awful are just being ignored until..BLAM there's a terrific one,and people will say I'm going to pretend those others didn't happen and play this one.

Biohazard EXTREME
Like I said, if RE6 is not a reboot, if it tries continuing the storyline from RE4 and 5, then I see no point in playing it.
Even if you see no point,I ask you to play it anyway.If it's horrid and you just play it anyway Then I'll jump on the band wagon with you.And have full confidence that RE is dead.How about that?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:31 pm

SMB2 wasn't awful. It just wasn't Mario.

Hey, Thee Stranger, what are your favorite Mario games ordered?

5. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
4. Super Mario Sunshine
3. Super Mario World
2. Super Mario Galaxies (I'm counting both as one. You can do the same too, if you want...Or not)
1. Mario Bros.

~

Also, Bio, no response on the new MK game in developement? Or did you not even see my comment and/or link?

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:34 pm

The King of Misery
Your missing the point,those were different creatures with different strengths,but they all fallowed the same basis.Originality isn't just about fallowing the original,it's about keeping it to the story,having it make sense,and keeping variety.All those different monster had a lot of noteable variety,but I kept on getting this feeling of a subtle repetition.What I'm saying is:Should the new Virus been another inhanced T-virus?No.Should it have been the Palagas?No.
Well, the whole series was based on T-Virus. Even when there's G-Virus, there's still T-Virus. Even when there's T-Veronica virus, most of the monsters were still made from T-Virus. So yeah, naturally there would be some consistency. You said should it have been Plagas? No. And you're right. But if no, then that's not really offering a solution.

The King of Misery
Really?It was released in 5?I didn't learn it from five.Just by playing 0 I deducted my conclusion on how Umberella took the Progenitor.
Well, you got some of your facts mixed up too.

The King of Misery
In fact,that was the plot.From my perspective at least.Marcus kept to himself about his development in the Progenitor,and was irrataing Spencer because he was spending more time on research then Umberella.
Right, you said it right there. He was developing the progenitor. We didn't know where he got the basis for it, or what it even was. All we knew was that he discovered a new virus and was developing it. And the Progenitor wasn't even the main virus of the series, it was T-Virus, which WAS made by humans. Even if they used naturally occuring viruses to synthesize it... That only makes it that much more believable.

The King of Misery
Then once Spencer found out about the Progenitor,and what it could do,Spencer let Marcus continue his research.Once developed to a stage where it could be used for Spencer's personal desires,he would take it.When that event reached it's date,Spencer ordered the hit on Marcus,and in a final desperation to save his work,Marcus released his Progenitor experiments.
Except he didn't. He got killed, Birkin continued his research, that's it. The queen entered his body, but it cultivated there for ten years before he 'resurrected' and sabotaged the lab and then three months later, the train.

The King of Misery
As I said before,if I had a time machine I'd got back before 4,and fix the things that made it a bad RE.There would be no Palagas.They wold not be in Spain.NO Saddler.Maybe Krauser depending.Ada would still be a triple-crossing agent,but the sample she retrieves would be another MANMADE virus.Wesker would still play the Minor part he played.Ashly Graham wouldn't be the President's daughter.She'd be a regular citizen that gets captured for testing the new Virus on,because she doned blood and she was like the perfect type to be tested on or something.Leon's only tie to the story would be that he is a Detective searching for the missing girl,then discovers the new virus and the attemt to restore Umberella.There would be new and inhanced zombies,Hunters,crows,ect. due to the ne virus.There also wouldn't be as many weapons,and very little ammo.Does that sound like a better version of 4?
Well sure, but that's the problem. We DON'T have a time machine. RE4 happened, and nothing's gonna change it. And I'm not gonna sit here going, "Oh well, I'll take what I can get."

The King of Misery
You are making a mountain out of an ant hill.And yes,if 6 is worth it,that is exactly what I expect.It was done with Mario.I believe it was 2 when it was just awful,but when 3 came out,everyone said this is great im gonna play this and pretend 2 never happened.
Except Mario doesn't have a long, dedicated continuity, with a story arc that spans 4+ games. Not even now.

You're not looking at the big picture. Resident Evil isn't just a series of isolated games. It's one large plotline, that starts with Chris and Jill in the mansion (or Billy and Rebecca on the train, if you will) and proceeds onto the outbreak in the city, then the city gets nuked, three months later Claire ends up on Alfred's island... And then six years later RE4 happens... And it takes the whole plotline and just takes a big dump on it. Same with RE5. At this point the whole perspective of what the game used to be about is completely different, and it sucks. As soon as I saw the storyline trailer for RE5, I was almost ready to trade all my RE games away because it pretty much changed how I view the series, how I viewed the characters, at that point, the reasons why I started loving the series in the first place... NONE of them were there in RE4 or RE5. And it was twisting the way I viewed the series as a whole. So instead of abolishing the series whatsoever, I simply turned away from anything new and crappy that Capcom had created in regards to it. And as far as I'm concerned, it ended with CV, and anything that may or may not have happened after is up in the air, and I'm a happier person for it.

The King of Misery
Even if you see no point,I ask you to play it anyway.If it's horrid and you just play it anyway Then I'll jump on the band wagon with you.And have full confidence that RE is dead.How about that?
Well, I won't. Just like I didn't play RE5. Like I said, if it DOES suck, it will ruin the whole series for me just like RE5 almost did, and then I'll have to get rid of ALL my RE games. And I can't have that.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Lol, did you once again not see it, or...?

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Chase Me To The End
Holy s**t, missed it twice... My god... Excuse me while I go and wipe off my crotch, cause I just creamed my pants.
It looks like a remake of MK1 and 2... Dear lord Raiden... Can't wait!
I mean, I knew that it was in the works for a while, but to actually see a trailer.... EEEEE!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:24 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
Holy s**t, missed it twice... My god... Excuse me while I go and wipe off my crotch, cause I just creamed my pants.
It looks like a remake of MK1 and 2... Dear lord Raiden... Can't wait!
I mean, I knew that it was in the works for a while, but to actually see a trailer.... EEEEE!!!!!!!!

Pretty much the reaction I expected, schoolgirl squeal and all. xd

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Chase Me To The End
Pretty much the reaction I expected, schoolgirl squeal and all. xd

Hey, before there was Uncharted, before there was Metal Gear Solid, before there was Resident Evil, there was Mortal Kombat.
The only thing that'd get a bigger reaction out of me is if they announced that a new Double Dragon game is in the works, but I have a feeling that won't be happening.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:55 pm

JUst got back from seeing the new Karate Kid.Not a bad flim,I have to say.

The King of Misery

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:52 pm

Meh, it has to be a little better than "not bad" for me to go see it.

So, I just finished the story mode of Peace Walker... I think I'm at about 45 hours, though I did get caught up in minigames every so often.... Man, what a trip. It really does live up to the Metal Gear Solid name as far as narrative goes. The boss fights in this game are by far the most different of all the MGS games... It's not a storyline spoiler, so feel free to read below:

There are no human character bosses in this game at all. Every single boss in this game is a machine. Either tanks or helicopters, or unmanned "Metal Gear" type weapons. And there's quite a few of them.

Also we find out Big Boss' and Otacon's year of birth.
Otacon was born in 1980, which makes him 25 at the time of MGS1. And Big Boss was born in 1935, which makes him 29 at the time of MGS3, and 37 at the time when Solid and Liquid snake were born, which completely shoots down Liquid's statement that Big Boss was in his late 50's when they enacted the Les Enfants Terribles project.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:58 am

A few things.

Hunters are lame? Oh no the ******** you didn't! And the Lickers were the most badass thing in RE5. The T-Virus, G-Virus, etc. were all biproducts of the Progenitor Virus. So I would say it's very important and central to the RE storyline. The fact that RE5 dealt with the origins and all that makes it much more relevant to the series past than RE4 ever was. Plus, the progenitor wasn't man-made. It was first mentioned in CV in Alexander's Memo, and he says they discovered it, not that they created it. And all the mysteries would have to be revealed eventually. Even if RE4 never happened. But yeah. RE is done now. Because RE5 already ended what was left of the old story. So there's really nothing left at this point other than a reboot.

@ Bio: Envy levels rising...rising...rising. Anyway, I would love to see a remake of MG and MG2. If this game has that kind of feel, well, that's pretty ******** awesome. One problem I see though is the Foxhound logo... it's the Kojima Productions logo, and it looks too modern. I wish they would keep the classic Foxhound logo. Nitpicky, yeah. But it's inconsistent. Anyway, I will own it Monday. There isn't an MGS game I don't own (well... I don't own the Gameboy Color one anymore crying ).

Oh, and regarding LBP, I'm not sure what advertisements you've seen, but the one commercial I saw for it just showed Sackboy running around with some dude talking about how everyone was meant to have fun or something, and there was no mention of any customization or physics. And even so, it doesn't change the fact that LBP is kiddie. If adults can look past the choking hazard factor based on the gameplay mertis of LBP, I don't see how they can't do the same for Mario. Just sayin'. lol, and from all the advertisements I've seen for PS Move, it's pretty much being marketed identically to the Wiimote. xd If you see these advertisements, you'll know that can't be denied. And I just don't understand why instead of bashing it, most Sony fans are embracing it. I mean, the Sony fans I used to know hated Nintendo with all its kiddie s**t and motion controls. But now that Sony is bringing that stuff to the Playstation, it's all good in the ********' hood son. *shrugs*

@ Chase: That's too hard. Super Mario 3 is my all-time fave. Yoshi's Island trails just behind it. Then maybe Super Mario World. But I also enjoyed all the Paper Mario games, and the Mario RPG, so do I include those? There's too many. Hell, SMG2 just might be my new fave. I love the way it switches to side-scrolling on a whim. Plus all the references and throwbacks. It's like the best of both worlds and dimensions. Seriously, this game is crack. Those star bits? Crack rocks. I still haven't opened Alan Wake yet.

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:05 am

Thee Stranger
@ Bio: Envy levels rising...rising...rising. Anyway, I would love to see a remake of MG and MG2. If this game has that kind of feel, well, that's pretty ******** awesome. One problem I see though is the Foxhound logo... it's the Kojima Productions logo, and it looks too modern. I wish they would keep the classic Foxhound logo.
Actually, the Kojima Productions logo is the in-game logo for the FOX unit, not the FOXHOUND. FOX was disbanded in Portable Ops and at the same time that's when Big Boss and Roy Campbell established FOXHOUND.

Of course there are two variations of the FOXHOUND logo as well, there's the fox with the knife in its mouth (which has been around since MGS1 I believe) and the cartoon fox firing a gun which was in MG2, and the fake tattoo on Meryl's arm.

But Peace Walker isn't even about FOXHOUND, it's about Big Boss' other faction. You can guess which one.

Thee Stranger
Nitpicky, yeah. But it's inconsistent. Anyway, I will own it Monday. There isn't an MGS game I don't own (well... I don't own the Gameboy Color one anymore crying ).
What about Portable Ops?

Thee Stranger
Oh, and regarding LBP, I'm not sure what advertisements you've seen, but the one commercial I saw for it just showed Sackboy running around with some dude talking about how everyone was meant to have fun or something, and there was no mention of any customization or physics. And even so, it doesn't change the fact that LBP is kiddie. If adults can look past the choking hazard factor based on the gameplay mertis of LBP, I don't see how they can't do the same for Mario.
Well, I guess most of the advertising I see is from E3 and stuff like that, and that's when the Developers talk about physics and whatnot.
Still, when I DO see adults get excited about LBP it's usually stuff like, "Check out the level this guy built!" or "I loved the MGS Add-on", it's never as simple as, "Yay! Fun!"

Thee Stranger
Just sayin'. lol, and from all the advertisements I've seen for PS Move, it's pretty much being marketed identically to the Wiimote. xd If you see these advertisements, you'll know that can't be denied. And I just don't understand why instead of bashing it, most Sony fans are embracing it. I mean, the Sony fans I used to know hated Nintendo with all its kiddie s**t and motion controls. But now that Sony is bringing that stuff to the Playstation, it's all good in the ********' hood son. *shrugs*
I saw this video blog recently that talks about fanboyism, and it brought on a good point. Half of fanboyism isn't about what you defend, but about bashing the other guys. It's as simple as that.
Personally, I still don't give a crap. I will probably own one of them one day, but even that depends on if there's gonna be a game that I REALLY want that requires the Move controller. Like, if they made an investigative adventure game (you know the ones I like) that required it, and they made it totally kick a**, like Indigo Prophecy mixed with Still Life, maybe. Then yeah, I'd probably buy the Move and use it for that. But if they said, "We're releasing Uncharted 3, and you can use the Move for that" I wouldn't. Again, unless I was left with no choice, but then I would only resent the Move controller more for forcing me to use it on a game that already had really amazing, and incredibly fun gameplay mechanics on the original controller.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:36 pm

So out of the blue, since I don't have a PSP anymore and can't play MGS: Peace Walker, I'm gonna throw a random topic out there.

Anyone here a fan of the Splinter Cell series? I can draw comparisons to the RE franchise with this franchise.

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:49 pm

Not really a fan. I played the first one and kinda... I dunno, it didn't hook me.
But really? RE? How so?
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 801 802 803 804 805 806 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games