Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*Ria High School*~

Back to Guilds

Good ol' fashion Magical High school RPing. 

Tags: High School, Magic, Ria RP, Role Playing, Semi-lit 

Reply ~*Ria High School*~
[OOC] General Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 ... 8166 8167 8168 8169 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much is your love for Ria High?
  Forev-ev-ev-evr
  I like it so much I would put a ring on it.
  its the place I know where the grass is greener. warm, wet. and wild.
  I DO AWESOME RPS AND FOLLOW THE RUUURRUUSS.
  Wait, this is from Jan. 30th 2011. THAT MEANS KURAI IS ALIVE. THE KURAI IS ALIVE AND HE IS TRAPPED IN 2011! TO THE DELOREAN!
View Results

-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Vice Captain

Spoopy Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:01 pm
I had a weird dream the other night
All I remember is that it was a run down village
And there were various creatures with me
One was a two headed thing, one like a dinosaur and one scary with these big horns
And there was this really big thing too, and one second it was that, and the next he was a human
And I was like "WHOA, HOW'D YOU DO THAT?"
And he said, "Oh? I can shift, see?" and he pulled a long blue tail from his pants. xD
Then someone woke me up

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 pm
The Green Mile makes me sad.

As does the guild's slowness.

-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Vice Captain

Spoopy Elder

99th Fallen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:52 pm
It's cause of the holidays and finals
Things will pick up
Maybe we need a s**t ton of new members to play with ;D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:56 pm
LOLOLOL
I love your avatar xDD

BUT YEAH
No one's following the requirements to enter
And/or they just fail

-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Vice Captain

Spoopy Elder

Nadindel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:58 pm
Hmm...
a recent one I had was being invited to some sort of ball or a late prom or something like that.
It's the one dream I can recall for over a year.

It was hosted at a small convention center in the first-floor lobby theater.
It was a formal event, there was great music, I saw most of my old school friends and even a girl I liked back in the day asked me out for a dance.
Only, after a while, I started to feel extremely disoriented.
The room spun and people started dropping dead, their bodies rendered lifeless in an instant.
I was called out to the ceiling and dragged up there and I saw I was in a high-rise building.
Screams rose up from the lower floor and the whole event was in disarray.
People had gone mad, their psyche's broken from some invisible force.
They ran around, clutching their heads and screaming like madmen and proceeding to kill themselves through some fashion or another.
All of my friends were among these, each dying in a different way.
At the center of the room, I saw a towering figure.
It seemed mummified, yet living...
Rotting, leathery skin pulled tight over bones and shriveled muscle, a cruel and spiked crown in his head.
It wore the robes of a noble long dead, color weathered away and silk weathered to shreds.
There was a faint and pulsating red light at the center of the pool of darkness that resided in the eyelids where the organ had long since given to decay.
It walked towards me, a staff of black glass in its hand shaped in an indescribably wicked shape, stopping just short and speaking in a soft, purring and haunting voice,
"Prosperity is only momentary, your happiness fleeting.
Power is trivial and knowledge forgettable.
I am the true ruler of this realm.
No king has ever been outside my dominion, and no will strong enough to overcome me.
Noble and peasant bow before me eventually and none can escape this inevitability.
Good things come to those who serve;
nightmares beyond your mortal comprehension await those who resist.
Your time is soon to come, and I say to you:
Memento Mori.
Remember death, for death remembers you."

As I said...
My subconscious is one crazy ********>  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:04 pm
Thank you xD
& if they can't read then they shouldn't join haha.
Maybe we should make a Guild Thread for in the forums
Weed some people out from the giant population of Gaians
Find people who can form sentences and such

99th Fallen

Forever Grey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:05 pm
If they do pass, it's a plus for me if their characters had a relatively normal childhood.

I'm tired of:

Dead Family.
Abused.
Emotionally unstable.
Had no friends and nobody would hug them.
Were considered a freak

The list goes on, but I see a lot of woe is me characters everywhere. DX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:11 pm
MY character's pretty perky
Not so much the terrible life kind
I mean sure
God hated him for being gay
Exiled him from heaven
But he's been dealing rather well
Demon boyfriend and all, he's happy
Throwing it in heaven's face and what not xD
But I agree
Wayyy to many pity characters

OR MY LEAST FAVORITE----->
Those people who make their characters so badass
I pawn you so easily, mwahahahahaha
I really hate those
& I've seen at least 3 new members make em

99th Fallen

Nadindel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:12 pm
I usually go for the pleasant history, since I agree, I get really tired of the "oh, woe is me!" complex every character seems to have.
But, I wanted Varon to be a monster right down from his conception.
Lucien, however, has had a normal life as far as he knows.
Unfortunately for him, I felt like screwing up his history by tying him down with Varon's as well.
I'm just cruel that way.
>=3

Edit:
I have a mix, usually...
Varon's the first character I've made that is actually fit to fight.
Lucien couldn't make it very far.
He's too much of a generalist.
A jack of all trades, master of none.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:15 pm
Yeah! Some optimism is very much welcomed.

Characters should become badass, why bother developing them if they're at the top already? That's just my opinion though.

Forever Grey

99th Fallen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:19 pm
Fit to fight characters are fine
I always make sure mine can handle their own a little at least xD
But like Grey said
To become badass, you should work for it
Not just be here and start running around saying your characters like
So tough
& hates everyone
&& could destroy anyone they please
It's just depressing in my opinion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:21 pm
My characters have sad pasts, usually. xDDD
It's more fun for me to play and there's more to go off
But some you couldn't tell from their personality
And my 'badass' guy definitely has some developing to do > 3>

-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Vice Captain

Spoopy Elder

Celestial Lullaby
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:37 pm
Joy is badass when she's sniping..
If you get close to her, she's pretty much screwed.

She's Ria-born, though, and nothing has ever happened to her, though she gets carried up in some of her mom's sad history..
but it's justifiable. And I made Celeste like six years ago. So some less-than-parr character history is granted.

I like having characters with semi-sad pasts, but who are pretty much completely over it. No flashbacks or temporary insanity. I prefer to make their history shape their personality, but not be affected by it in the present.

Like, Joy is actually about 10, while she has the body and mental capacity of a 17 year-old. This causes some grief because she doesn't have the life experience to deal with a lot of the situations she's pushed in to and it makes her driven to become independent.

Another of my characters had an extremely poor family. Her mother whored herself, her father spent it on alcohol and ended up beating her mom, and her brothers just bummed their life away. For a while she tried to hold it all together, and then just got up and left. As a consequence she never forms any real attachment to people because she never really learned how. She's also a bit insane, and really badass.

Celestial started out really screwed up, but over the three or four years I RPed with her, I worked out most of her kinks. So now she's normal-ish.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:44 pm
It's called the "Mary Sue/Gary Stu" syndrome. Welcome to Gaia. Lol.

Personally for me, it's okay if a character has a sad past, but its the way in which the roleplayer performs as that character. It is easy to let a sad past overwhelm a character, quickly divulging into self-centered emo territory.

Many roleplayers make the mistake of improperly analyzing the way someone may act in these situations. One example that comes to mind is when abused characters are very open about the abuse. Looking at psychological studies (and doing a little research), one can find that victims of abuse have trouble speaking about what happened. The trauma is usually so severe that they bury it. Thus when we have characters within Ria who run around with their abuse stories proudly on their shoulders, I get a little peeved.

I suppose the most important thing for me is that people put effort into their characters. This doesn't necessarily mean having a long profile. Remember quantity does not always equal quality. That's a lot of what DP and I are trying to instill over at the dojo. You shouldn't make a character on a whim, and more importantly, you should see your characters as an evolving exercise in writing. Those who work with their characters outside of a roleplay, usually have the better characters. Simple activities such as replying to prompts in character, and learning how your character may react is important. It not only gives you some "exercise" for your writing muscles, but it also helps you get to know your character.

As mentioned before, research is important as well. You should have clear goals in mind for your characters as they progress through the storyworld (in this case Ria). Just like actors, it is expected that we make our characters believable. If your character is a chemist, you best do some research on chemistry so you can at least attempt to believably come across as one. Explore how your characters thoughts and interests may affect them and their views on life. Read up on various subject areas and gain a deeper knowledge of that in which you are trying to portray. Who knows, you may get involved enough that you find yourself able to name your character's favorite novels.

Oh my, it seems I have rambled! I suppose I should take this productive energy and head over to the dojo. ^_^

Elpinoine
Crew

99th Fallen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:48 pm
All the wordsssssss
My poor brain can't handle it xD
But I read it and understand all the points made
So now I will disappear
Gotta reply to my other RP
Be back shortly ;D

~*Ria High School*~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 ... 8166 8167 8168 8169 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games