Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 802 803 804 805 806 807 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The King of Misery

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:59 pm
Well that's the thing.You can say it's a great movie,just because the very first one was great.But if you didn't like the first one then this remake may not be to enjoyable.Almost every scene is a recreation of a scene from the original,what makes it different is that time period it's based in.For example in the original when Daniel-san takes the girl out for a date to the Golf Land place,that was the cool place to be in that time period,whereas in the remake they go to -------- because that's where the cool place to be is now.

It's all on opinion,but if you're open on the matter and are willing to watch it,and are a fan of the original,it could turn out to be great movie in your eyes.So me saying it is not a bad flim is just my opinion because i really loved the originals,and I think this one is pretty good too.Don't let my opinions stop you from seeing it,but I would also like to thankyou for putting my opinion so high up,you may be on unaware but it was a kind gesture.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:15 pm
The King of Misery
Well that's the thing.You can say it's a great movie,just because the very first one was great.But if you didn't like the first one then this remake may not be to enjoyable.Almost every scene is a recreation of a scene from the original,what makes it different is that time period it's based in.For example in the original when Daniel-san takes the girl out for a date to the Golf Land place,that was the cool place to be in that time period,whereas in the remake they go to -------- because that's where the cool place to be is now.
Of course, if you look at it that way... The first one is a timeless classic, and I highly doubt this one would live up to it. Now, if it was completely different, a reimagining, then maybe it'd be worth something. But if it tells the exact same story but only modernized, then I don't see how it can live up to the original. Especially since, as much as I respect Jackie Chan, he's no Pat Morita. And Jaden Smith isn't anywhere near as interesting of an actor as Ralph Macchio.

The King of Misery
It's all on opinion,but if you're open on the matter and are willing to watch it,and are a fan of the original,it could turn out to be great movie in your eyes.So me saying it is not a bad flim is just my opinion because i really loved the originals,and I think this one is pretty good too.Don't let my opinions stop you from seeing it,but I would also like to thankyou for putting my opinion so high up,you may be on unaware but it was a kind gesture.
Well, there's a LOT of other movies on my to see list before this one. And I doubt I'll even see most of them right away.  

Biohazard EXTREME

The King of Misery

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:28 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, there's a LOT of other movies on my to see list before this one. And I doubt I'll even see most of them right away.
Understandable,just if you get a chance,check it out.I'm sure,like me,you'll find bits and pieces that you hate and instances where you can honestly say it was mildy enjoyable.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:14 am
@ Bio:

- Exactly. FOX was disbanded, so I was somewhat confused as to why I was still seeing the FOX logo. I thought Peace Walker was going to be about the beginnings of FOXHOUND? I guess not.

- Yes. I own Portable Ops and Portable Ops Plus.... I just never finished it. I've tried on numerous occasions, I just can't get into it for some reason. I'd like to finish it, because I'd like to see the story, but *shrugs*

- lol. Okay, dude. xd But the only commercial I ever saw advertising it had to say about it was "Yay! Fun!"
And okay: "I loved the new drill and boulder ups in Mario Galaxy 2. It added some great new mechanics to the gameplay." "I loved how the camera would transition to oldschool side-scrolling on a whim every now and then. Nice throwback, and adds that much more depth to the gameplay!" There ya go. More than "yay, fun". Happy?

- lol. Are you calling me a fanboy? xd I don't think I ever denied I was a Nintendo fanboy, so, *shrugs* guilty as charged.
And Sony just makes it so easy for me these days. See, it wasn't just the Sony fanboys that bashed all over Nintendo, with all their Marios and Pokemons and kiddy s**t. And it wasn't just the Sony fanboys that called motion controls a fad and a gimmick, and this and that. It was the Sony Execs. That's where all this s**t that most of these fanboys spew came from to begin with. So the fact that Sony is focusing on motion controls and kiddy s**t now? Yeah. I do find that pretty ironically hilarious. And the fact that the majority of Sony fanboys I see on the net are just gobbling all this s**t up and praising it like the blind fanboys they are? Yeah. That's pretty funny too. It's some of the most hypocritical s**t I've ever seen, and it's funny as hell to me. No, seriously. I laugh my a** off at some of these people.

And hey. Nintendo got their asses handed to them the last two gens by Sony. The PS2 is still the highest-selling console of all time. And I got to watch all the Sony fanboys gloat and bash Gamecube with its kiddiness, purpleness, and gay little carrying handle. And I got to watch my beloved Dreamcast suffer a premature death because Sony fanboys were too blinded by the over-inflated hype and the brand name to see that the Dreamcast was the better console at the time, and the PS2 didn't have s**t for games. So all I gotta say is what goes around comes around.

And I defend all the consoles when I feel they're being unjustly bashed on something. I own them all. And yes, I have defended the PS3. I've defended the PS3 against our very own Elliot Salem here in the past. It may seem like I'm just some Sony hater to you, and that all I do is just bash Sony and praise the other two, but that's because you're a Sony fanboy, Bio. Not the worst I've ever encountered by any means, but you are a Sony fanboy. So the PS3 doesn't need to be defended against you.

Mario does.
Or the 360. Or anything else that isn't a ******** Sony console.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:54 am
Thee Stranger
- Exactly. FOX was disbanded, so I was somewhat confused as to why I was still seeing the FOX logo. I thought Peace Walker was going to be about the beginnings of FOXHOUND? I guess not.
Well, it's on his uniform along with his new logo on the other side. I figured those were just recycled Fox uniforms that they altered. Since they start off as kind of an off the grid army with no real money.

Thee Stranger
- lol. Okay, dude. xd But the only commercial I ever saw advertising it had to say about it was "Yay! Fun!"
And okay: "I loved the new drill and boulder ups in Mario Galaxy 2. It added some great new mechanics to the gameplay." "I loved how the camera would transition to oldschool side-scrolling on a whim every now and then. Nice throwback, and adds that much more depth to the gameplay!" There ya go. More than "yay, fun". Happy?
But again, "Throwback" and "More depth to the gameplay" are things that an adult would say. Little kids don't know about throwback, cause they weren't around "back" then. And depth to the gameplay? Big words.

Thee Stranger
- lol. Are you calling me a fanboy? xd I don't think I ever denied I was a Nintendo fanboy, so, *shrugs* guilty as charged.
And Sony just makes it so easy for me these days. See, it wasn't just the Sony fanboys that bashed all over Nintendo, with all their Marios and Pokemons and kiddy s**t. And it wasn't just the Sony fanboys that called motion controls a fad and a gimmick, and this and that. It was the Sony Execs. That's where all this s**t that most of these fanboys spew came from to begin with.
Well, it is what it is. Like I said, I'm not them. If it were up to me, the motion controls would stay on the Wii, and people would stop caring about them so much.

Thee Stranger
So the fact that Sony is focusing on motion controls and kiddy s**t now? Yeah. I do find that pretty ironically hilarious. And the fact that the majority of Sony fanboys I see on the net are just gobbling all this s**t up and praising it like the blind fanboys they are? Yeah. That's pretty funny too.
Well, you're saying it like the PS3 is having a deficit of mature games... Which is not true. Sony will just as soon support God of War 3 as Little BIG Planet. It's not like they're saying, "Hey, here's a bunch of E rated games that we're gonna focus on! Oh, and those other developers that are making the violent games? Yeah, sure, we'll let them do their thing." They're just covering all sides of the spectrum, which is fair. Nintendo seems to focus mainly on the E rated and casual titles, with Metroid being the exception. But other than Metroid, I don't seem to recall one M-Rated title that Nintendo ever promoted at like a press conference. It's always about "Look at our new technology and the casual game that comes with it."
Such was the case for the Wii itself, then the Wii Fit, Vitality Sensor, and so on, and so forth.
Again, maybe I didn't see everything, but I don't ever recall Nintendo promoting Mad World, or anything like that.

Thee Stranger
It's some of the most hypocritical s**t I've ever seen, and it's funny as hell to me. No, seriously. I laugh my a** off at some of these people.
Dude... Despite gaming slowly making progress to become considered mainstream home entertainment, the vast majority of gamers are still nerds, and a lot of those nerds are often self-important pricks who act like they know more than they actually do. And a LOT of them are teenagers, which makes them even more opinionated. So obviously you'll see a lot of hypocrites. And some of them you'll laugh at, and others you'll go, "HOW DOES A PERSON LACK COMMON SENSE THIS MUCH!?"

Thee Stranger
And hey. Nintendo got their asses handed to them the last two gens by Sony. The PS2 is still the highest-selling console of all time. And I got to watch all the Sony fanboys gloat and bash Gamecube with its kiddiness, purpleness, and gay little carrying handle.
Well, I don't really care about GameCube's appearance, but its support was pretty meh. Aside from first party games, it didn't offer that many really compelling titles. Can't blame the fanboys for that.

Thee Stranger

And I got to watch my beloved Dreamcast suffer a premature death because Sony fanboys were too blinded by the over-inflated hype and the brand name to see that the Dreamcast was the better console at the time, and the PS2 didn't have s**t for games. So all I gotta say is what goes around comes around.
Wait, first of all... I'm pretty sure the Dreamcast failed because after just getting their PS1's and N64s, people just weren't ready to move onto something new. It's a lot of money. And what do you mean what goes around comes around?

Thee Stranger
And I defend all the consoles when I feel they're being unjustly bashed on something. I own them all. And yes, I have defended the PS3. I've defended the PS3 against our very own Elliot Salem here in the past. It may seem like I'm just some Sony hater to you, and that all I do is just bash Sony and praise the other two, but that's because you're a Sony fanboy, Bio. Not the worst I've ever encountered by any means, but you are a Sony fanboy. So the PS3 doesn't need to be defended against you.
Hey, dude, I'm fair. That my PS3 broke down, I'm still blaming Sony for. And yes, it pissed me off. And it's the fact that it's almost guaranteed to happen on the 360 that keeps me from wanting one.

Honestly, it's about the games with me. It just so happened that the age I was when I turned from playing any and all games, and not really caring here and there, to being a hardcore gamer who sticks to the series that he loves, was the age of the PS2. Deciding which new console to buy was all about the games, and out of ALL of my essentials at the time, MGS4 was the tie breaker.

And hey, I went out and bought the Wii for REUC (mistake, big time), but that's when I realized that I'm done with RE, and that it's s**t now, any way you put it. So, then I started looking at the upcoming Wii games that I'd be interested in, and I literally only saw ONE. It was like, "I could keep it and let it collect dust, or could sell it for $300 and buy a new memory stick and some games and movies" which is what I did... And I still don't see any games on the Wii that would make me envious not to own one.

Am I a Sony fan? Sure, but not just because I decided to be. The past 3 canonical Metal Gear Solid games have all been Sony exclusives, and if nothing else, that's a good deciding factor.

Thee Stranger
Or the 360.
Again, I watched my friend desperately trying to "fix" his 360 with some info he got on the net before giving up and buying a new one. And I think this is his third one. And that's all I hear from every 360 owner. Its reputation speaks for itself.

Thee Stranger
Or anything else that isn't a ******** Sony console.
Right, because I'm just such a hater of everything else and never express an objective opinion about anything.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:59 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Not really a fan. I played the first one and kinda... I dunno, it didn't hook me.
But really? RE? How so?

The game's started out being stealth oriented, never really an action. And then with the last two, Double Agent and Conviction, one was a Stealth Action and then Conviction was more action based than all the others.

Same with RE, it was Survival Horror and then 4 came out, and it evolved into an Action game. And then 5, stayed with the Action.

There is still some stealth in Conviction, but not like there used to be. Before it was get caught, mission failed. Caught three times or so Mission Failed. And then it became, get caught, kill them all, hide, behind a box, kill them all. Advance to the next section to kill more.

Though unlike RE, the story of Conviction called for it to be that way.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:13 pm
Elliot Salem
The game's started out being stealth oriented, never really an action. And then with the last two, Double Agent and Conviction, one was a Stealth Action and then Conviction was more action based than all the others.

Same with RE, it was Survival Horror and then 4 came out, and it evolved into an Action game. And then 5, stayed with the Action.

There is still some stealth in Conviction, but not like there used to be. Before it was get caught, mission failed. Caught three times or so Mission Failed. And then it became, get caught, kill them all, hide, behind a box, kill them all. Advance to the next section to kill more.

Oh, so it became more along the lines of Metal Gear Solid, as far as the gameplay flow goes.
Still, I doubt Splinter Cell had a comlpete gameplay makeover the way RE did.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:22 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Elliot Salem

Oh, so it became more along the lines of Metal Gear Solid, as far as the gameplay flow goes.
Still, I doubt Splinter Cell had a comlpete gameplay makeover the way RE did.

In a way, yeah, like MGS.
Not a complete makeover, but it still changed the core gameplay mechanics.  

Elliot Salem

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:33 pm
- Hm. Well, I'll have to play the game.

- So... what is your point exactly?

- That's cool.

- lol, no I'm not! Jesus.
Zelda is a casual title...? I think not. Yes, Nintendo themselves pretty much only develop E-rated, family-friendly s**t. That doesn't mean they don't support M-rated s**t on their console. I seem to recall Nintendo buying out the Resident Evil exclusivity last gen. And Eternal Darkness is a Nintendo intellectual property, developed by Nintendo in conjunction with Silicon Knights. Nintendo has a patent on the infamous Sanity Meter, which is that game's most famous and distinct feature. Nintendo also published that title. Geist is another M-rated game that Nintendo published, and worked closely with developer n-Space on. Unfortunately, both of those games sold like s**t. Which is probably why they haven't gone back to that stuff. But yes, they did make efforts to promote their "core games" like MadWorld, and Conduit, and Chinatown Wars, and all that s**t. Which all also sold like s**t. So I think Nintendo is perfectly fine developing all their own s**t, and letting the developers making the violent videogames do their own thing. See: Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Cursed Mountain, Dead Space Extraction, House of the Dead Overkill, No More Heroes, The Calling, Modern Warfare, etc., etc. I think it's evident that they're quite interested in having a range of content available for their consoles. So it's not like Nintendo has some war going on against violent videogames. And hey, neither Sony or Nintendo would agree to have Manhunt 2 in its original AO form on their consoles.

- Yeah, but if you just hit up Youtube, you'll see a lot of grown adults acting that way too. It doesn't end with teenagers.

- Meh. Whatever. It had compelling third party s**t, the RE franchise being one of them. The reason it didn't have as much as the PS2 did is because the PS2 was the highest-selling console and Sony had a monopoly on all said third party titles. All your GTAs, Final Fantasy's, etc. That's what pretty much what ******** them up at the beginning of this gen. With the exception of MGS4, all their exclusive s**t was gone to the 360.

- The PlayStation and N64 had been around for quite a while when the Dreamcast came out. And around that time, the Dreamcast was doing very well I might add. The PS2 hype, and eventually the PS2 itself is what killed the Dreamcast. Even though at the time of its launch and a year and half on, the PS2 didn't have any friggin' games. I didn't touch it until it got games that I wanted to play. I didn't touch the PS3 until it got games that I wanted to play. And what I mean is nobody stays on top forever. So now you guys know what it is to be the underdogs for once, and getting bashed. And it's about time. What goes around comes around.

- And I never criticise Nintendo ever do I? I've never said anything along the lines that there's too many friggin' DS models being released one right after another, and that they shouldn't have taken the Advance compatablity out, and the camera is a cheap piece of s**t. I never bitched that the Virtual Console games are way too expensive. And do I think that motion controls have replaced standard controllers? No. I don't. I do enjoy the Wii motion controls on certain games when they are done correctly, but I don't consider it a replacement. Except in the case of FPS games. But am I still gonna laugh my a** off when Sony blatantly emulates it? Yeah, I am. Sorry. I'm not gonna bash LBP, because LBP is awesome. And its sequel looks to be even a hundred times better. It didn't really have a compelling narrative or anything, though. And bottom line, it is kiddy. And Modnation Racers is a Mario Kart clone. But yet, you'll take the piss out of Mario but defend that stuff. And Sony and its fanbase circa 2006 was adamantly against this type of s**t. And MGS, that's a Konami franchise. If they ever decided that they wanted to bring it somewhere else, they could. And they have.

So am I a Nintendo fan? Sure, but not because I just decided that would be the cool thing to do one day. I grew up with Nintendo and their franchises. I can't remember a time without them. And they're all very good games, and they still make great games. If it weren't for Nintendo, there wouldn't BE a PlayStation to begin with. And the dualshock you're holding is pretty much a Super Nintendo paddle with handles, analogs (taken from the N64 pad), and two extra shoulder buttons. To me, Nintendo IS console gaming. Period.

- Well. I can't argue the facts. But they do give you a three year warranty now. And I personally have never experienced the RROD. Just about every other 360 owner I know has, but my first 360 died from a different issue.

- lol, I said you weren't the worst I've ever encountered by any means. You can actually see facts, and use logic.

Whatever. Can we talk about something else now?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:04 pm
i got the RROD once. I got my console back in 07. Never bought a new one. I RROD twice with it. It's actually a simple fix. With maybe an hour of work. The first time, was with COD: MW2 came out, and then a week after I fixed it.
But that was because I didn't get enough Thermal Compound on it the first time.  

Elliot Salem

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:26 pm
My first one had a really strange problem. If there wasn't a disk in the tray, the door wouldn't open. There HAD to be a game inside. I got it open the first couple of times, and then just always made sure to keep a game in there. Well, one day I had a friend over, and when I was switching disks, the tray door just automatically closed with no game in there. Now I was pissed, so I ripped the door out and put the game in. Of course, now the tray door wouldn't close. So I Ryu-style HADUKEN'd the ******** back shut, and knocked my 360 off my entertainment center, and there was s**t rattling around on the inside, so I knew I broke something. So I called Microsoft and told them about the problem, though avoided telling them that I punched the tray door back closed, and they fixed it for free. Didn't have a problem with it since I got it back, but then I sold it to my friend for cheap so he could get his kid MW2 for Christmas.

I got an Elite now. I've had it for about a year, and so far so good. *fingers crossed*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:30 pm
Thee Stranger
- So... what is your point exactly?
My point is that even you look for elements that are a little beyond "just plain fun" and delve deeper into the finer parts of the gameplay. But yeah, that's kind of a tangent.
Still, even Microsoft had a little phase where they were like, "Let's advertise the 360 as a family platform by saying, 'It's plain fun'" or whatever. They had a few commercials of it. Then I guess they stopped? I haven't seen them for a while.

Thee Stranger
- lol, no I'm not! Jesus.
Zelda is a casual title...?
No, but it's an E-Rated title. And what I said was they focus mainly on E-Rated AND casual titles, the two being separate entities, even though most casual titles are rated E anyway...

Thee Stranger
Yes, Nintendo themselves pretty much only develop E-rated, family-friendly s**t. That doesn't mean they don't support M-rated s**t on their console.
But they don't go actively promoting it either.

Thee Stranger
I seem to recall Nintendo buying out the Resident Evil exclusivity last gen. And Eternal Darkness is a Nintendo intellectual property, developed by Nintendo in conjunction with Silicon Knights. Nintendo has a patent on the infamous Sanity Meter, which is that game's most famous and distinct feature. Nintendo also published that title.
Yeah, but that was the last generation. I'm talking about the Wii, with which they went even furthe to stress that it's a console for family.

Thee Stranger
But yes, they did make efforts to promote their "core games" like MadWorld, and Conduit, and Chinatown Wars, and all that s**t. Which all also sold like s**t.
Well, then I'm out of the loop. Because aside from the initial announcement, I didn't see much promotion for those titles. And that's another thing, maybe once Nintendo stops treating M-Rated games like a big deal, they'll sell a little better. Because every time there's an announcement, it's like, "A new M-Rated shooter coming out for the Wii! With Violence!" and that becomes a gimmick in itself. But that could be a journalist thing, I dunno.

Here's another thing. Is China Town Wars a bad game? Is Conduit a bad game? Is Mad World a bad game? From what I heard no. So why do they sell like s**t? Because the vast majority of Wii owners is the E-Rated and Casual Market, and the reason for that is that Nintendo went so hard out of their way to promote the Wii as a family platform. And yes, hardcore gamers bought the Wii, but it seems to me like even those hardcore gamers got the Wii in the first place to reconnect with their inner gamer child. Like, "Ooh, New Super Mario Bros, it's like what I used to play as a kid but upgraded" but when it comes to the mature games it's like, "Oh no, I have my 360/PS3/PC for all my shooters."

Thee Stranger
So I think Nintendo is perfectly fine developing all their own s**t, and letting the developers making the violent videogames do their own thing. See: Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Cursed Mountain, Dead Space Extraction, House of the Dead Overkill, No More Heroes, The Calling, Modern Warfare, etc., etc. I think it's evident that they're quite interested in having a range of content available for their consoles. So it's not like Nintendo has some war going on against violent videogames.
No, I never said they did. Like I said, they simply seem to go through further distances to promote the Wii as a family console, which can isolate certain types of gamers (such as myself), which can negatively affect the sales of M-Rated games on the Wii, which can make companies more reluctant to produce more M-Rated games on the Wii.

Thee Stranger
- Yeah, but if you just hit up Youtube, you'll see a lot of grown adults acting that way too. It doesn't end with teenagers.
Well, those adults are probably just teenagers who never bothered to grow up.

Thee Stranger
- Meh. Whatever. It had compelling third party s**t, the RE franchise being one of them.
Yes, it had them, but not in great amounts.

Thee Stranger
The reason it didn't have as much as the PS2 did is because the PS2 was the highest-selling console and Sony had a monopoly on all said third party titles. All your GTAs, Final Fantasy's, etc.
Well, I hate to say this, but that was kind of Nintendo's own fault. By the time the N64 came out, developers already got spoiled to discs, and many of them didn't want to work with the limitations of cartriges, Final Fantasy being the major one.

Thee Stranger
That's what pretty much what ******** them up at the beginning of this gen. With the exception of MGS4, all their exclusive s**t was gone to the 360.
But you gotta admit, it motivated them to step their game up in terms of first party exclusives. At least I think it did.

Thee Stranger
- The PlayStation and N64 had been around for quite a while when the Dreamcast came out. And around that time, the Dreamcast was doing very well I might add. The PS2 hype, and eventually the PS2 itself is what killed the Dreamcast. Even though at the time of its launch and a year and half on, the PS2 didn't have any friggin' games. I didn't touch it until it got games that I wanted to play. I didn't touch the PS3 until it got games that I wanted to play. And what I mean is nobody stays on top forever. So now you guys know what it is to be the underdogs for once, and getting bashed. And it's about time. What goes around comes around.
Meh, I prefer rooting for the underdog anyway. Hahah.

Thee Stranger
- And I never criticise Nintendo ever do I? I've never said anything along the lines that there's too many friggin' DS models being released one right after another, and that they shouldn't have taken the Advance compatablity out, and the camera is a cheap piece of s**t. I never bitched that the Virtual Console games are way too expensive.
Not that I heard of. I dunno where you complained about that, but it wasn't here.

Thee Stranger
But am I still gonna laugh my a** off when Sony blatantly emulates it? Yeah, I am. Sorry. I'm not gonna bash LBP, because LBP is awesome. And its sequel looks to be even a hundred times better. It didn't really have a compelling narrative or anything, though. And bottom line, it is kiddy. And Modnation Racers is a Mario Kart clone. But yet, you'll take the piss out of Mario but defend that stuff.
No, not really. You were the one who said, "Hey, why don't you buy ModNation Racers?"
I'm not interested in it, and I'm not interested in LBP either. The amount of customization possible in those games is really impressive. And that's the only reason why I would imagine someone might get excited about those games, because some people have the time and the creativity to create some really amazing levels with what's given to them in those games. So since Mario doesn't have a fancy level editor, I don't see what's to get excited about. But neither Mod Nation nor LBP interest me.

Thee Stranger
And MGS, that's a Konami franchise. If they ever decided that they wanted to bring it somewhere else, they could. And they have.
That makes no difference. Because what's done is done. I can only play MGS4 on one console, and that's the console I must own. Portable Ops and Peace Walker are only available on one handheld, and that's the handheld I must own. Simple as that. And Rising will still be on the PS3, and I'm not even sure if I'm interested in it, yet.

Thee Stranger
So am I a Nintendo fan? Sure, but not because I just decided that would be the cool thing to do one day. I grew up with Nintendo and their franchises. I can't remember a time without them. And they're all very good games, and they still make great games. If it weren't for Nintendo, there wouldn't BE a PlayStation to begin with. And the dualshock you're holding is pretty much a Super Nintendo paddle with handles, analogs (taken from the N64 pad), and two extra shoulder buttons. To me, Nintendo IS console gaming. Period.
Well, that's the difference between us. You're about who started it, I'm about who perfected it.

Thee Stranger
- Well. I can't argue the facts. But they do give you a three year warranty now. And I personally have never experienced the RROD. Just about every other 360 owner I know has, but my first 360 died from a different issue.
My friend hasn't either. Instead, his graphics card messed up, so he was forced to crack open his xbox and... Umm... Let it warm up for 10 minutes before using, or some crap like that, I don't even remember, but it was a procedure that was more trouble than it was worth.
The thing is, if I wasn't piss broke for the beginning part of the year, I would've bought a new PS3 right away. I simply didn't have any choices at the time. My point is that I have very low tolerance for not being able to play the games I own. And yes, it killed me not being able to play my PS3 games for as long as I did. And it's not like I was expecting it.
If I owned a 360, every time I turned it on and there would be a minor hickup, or the game would freeze up for whatever reason, or what have you, I'd be paranoid that it was broken. Hell, I was that way with my new PS3 up until recently.
I remember when I bricked my first PSP, I nearly killed myself on the 5 hour bus ride with no music.

Thee Stranger
Whatever. Can we talk about something else now?
Your topic. Just as long as it's something I know something about.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:01 pm
Blah, blah, blah. I'm only addressing a few things:

- Bottom line, in the end, all that s**t is just plain fun. The appeal of Mario is just plain fun. Sorry. Oh, but Mario doesn't have a level editor, so it just has nothing of merit for adults. Or an M-rating. Because everything just has to be rated M to appeal to adults. Whatever. I'm done talking about this with you.

- Not every Zelda game is rated E. Twilight Princess was rated T. Just like Metroid. Imagine that!

- MadWorld was pretty heavily advertised by Sega. And it was pretty heavily promoted by Nintendo. In fact, there were some groups protesting the ultra violence of that game, and criticising Nintendo for allowing it to release to their family-friendly Wii. And look, Nintendo still let it come to the Wii. Even at the behest of a bunch of angry soccer moms. Those same soccer moms that Nintendo is only interested in catering and appealing to, right? Nobody else. And no, I'm not making this up. You can google it: source

- I could give a s**t about what the mass majority of Wii owners are. I know why I bought the Wii. Pretty much for all the same reasons I bought the Gamecube. And like I said, now Sony's trying to be all casual/family-friendly. So the joke's on you. And your $600 PS3 didn't turn out to be so reliable, and you were forced to buy a new one. And I guess the same could be said for your PSP. Joke's on you.

- In regards to Final Fantasy, no. In the N64-era, you would of had a point. But they could have very well done Final Fantasy X on Gamecube.

- In regards to my complaints of Nintendo: Yes, here. Just a few pages back when I first got the DSi XL, and expressed my thoughts on it. I talked about the camera being a cheap piece of s**t. But I guess you didn't bother to read that. And even further back, I bitched about Nintendo bringing out so many models of the DS when Canas first got the DSi, and have criticised the ditching of the backwards compatibility with the Advance multiple times here, as now you can't use the rumble pack, and certain games require the Advance slot in order to play. I also bitched about the price of the Virtual Console games somewhere here if you want to keep digging. And further, I never heard you criticise Sony for your PS3 breaking down. You mentioned your PS3 breaking down, yeah. And then that you got a Slim and that you were very happy. I don't remember hearing anything negative about Sony in regards to that at all. So whatever.

Sony isn't perfection.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:02 pm
Thee Stranger
- Bottom line, in the end, all that s**t is just plain fun. The appeal of Mario is just plain fun. Sorry. Oh, but Mario doesn't have a level editor, so it just has nothing of merit for adults. Or an M-rating. Because everything just has to be rated M to appeal to adults. Whatever. I'm done talking about this with you.
I never said it has no merit.

Thee Stranger
- Not every Zelda game is rated E. Twilight Princess was rated T. Just like Metroid. Imagine that!
Was it? Still, I mean, Super Smash Bros is rated T also. Honestly, I don't see T as an extremely mature rating. It's like a PG movie, they're still awesome, but I know plenty of parents who'll let their kids see The Mummy, for example. Or what have you.

Thee Stranger
- MadWorld was pretty heavily advertised by Sega. And it was pretty heavily promoted by Nintendo. In fact, there were some groups protesting the ultra violence of that game, and criticising Nintendo for allowing it to release to their family-friendly Wii. And look, Nintendo still let it come to the Wii. Even at the behest of a bunch of angry soccer moms. Those same soccer moms that Nintendo is only interested in catering and appealing to, right? Nobody else. And no, I'm not making this up. You can google it: source
I never said that Nintendo goes out of its way to protest adult games. That it tries not to have M-Rated games released. All I'm saying is, it advertises itself as a kiddie platform, overall. Which is exactly why you'd get protests like that in the first place. Because that's how people see Nintendo, and then when something M-Rated and potentially controversial does come along, everyone goes crazy.

Thee Stranger
- I could give a s**t about what the mass majority of Wii owners are. I know why I bought the Wii. Pretty much for all the same reasons I bought the Gamecube. And like I said, now Sony's trying to be all casual/family-friendly. So the joke's on you. And your $600 PS3 didn't turn out to be so reliable, and you were forced to buy a new one. And I guess the same could be said for your PSP. Joke's on you.
Well, I'm assuming that reason wasn't its incredible surplus of M-Rated violence.
Well, Sony is advertising to the OTHER side of the spectrum now. I don't see why the joke's on me, I don't need it to advertise to me. I already know what I own and what I'll be getting in the future. It's trying to sell more systems, and if it wants to do that by telling people that it's like a Wii with better graphics, if that's what's gonna sell it, why do I care? If it doesn't, then only Sony suffers from that, which, again, how does that affect me?
The PSP breaking was my fault. And I'm pretty sure that if I didn't install the bigger hard drive on my PS3, it wouldn't have overheated and broke either. And it's still useful, it's still my PS2/PS1.

Thee Stranger
- In regards to Final Fantasy, no. In the N64-era, you would of had a point. But they could have very well done Final Fantasy X on Gamecube.
Yeah, well, at that time, Square's loyalties lied with Sony. And I don't blame them. They spent so much money on the Spirits Within that it almost bankrupted them. And it was Sony who bought out a crapload of their stock and pretty much saved the company. So yeah, I guess as far as Square was concerned, the previous generation they gave to Sony with the exceptions of a few side projects like the Crystal Chronicles series.

Thee Stranger
- In regards to my complaints of Nintendo: Yes, here. Just a few pages back when I first got the DSi XL, and expressed my thoughts on it. I talked about the camera being a cheap piece of s**t. But I guess you didn't bother to read that. And even further back, I bitched about Nintendo bringing out so many models of the DS when Canas first got the DSi, and have criticised the ditching of the backwards compatibility with the Advance multiple times here, as now you can't use the rumble pack, and certain games require the Advance slot in order to play. I also bitched about the price of the Virtual Console games somewhere here if you want to keep digging.
Well, I guess it never seemed like a big deal.

Thee Stranger
And further, I never heard you criticise Sony for your PS3 breaking down. You mentioned your PS3 breaking down, yeah.
And I told you why. Because of Sony's new firmware upgrade which made the old PS3s run hotter and screwed up the Blu-Ray lens. What else was I supposed to say? "******** Sony! Piece of s**t company! I ******** hate them! I'm never buying another Sony product except for a new PS3 and all this other sony stuff!"?
Yes, this one was their fault. And if I didn't already own a bunch of games for it that I consider essentials, I might've traded them in, worked my PS32 until it didn't work anymore and quit gaming altogether... Maybe... But alas, I'm a weak man, and I needs my games.

Thee Stranger
And then that you got a Slim and that you were very happy. I don't remember hearing anything negative about Sony in regards to that at all. So whatever.
Well, I wasn't unhappy at the time when I got my slim. It allowed me to play my PS3 games again. And it is a solid machine.

Thee Stranger
Sony isn't perfection.
It was as close as it gets with PS1 and PS2. As far as the overal console experience is concerned. And even now, you say, "It rips off Nintendo ideas" maybe, but it also improves on them. Nintendo might've brought on the idea of a rumble controller, but their best rumble which was on N64 wasn't as good as Sony's, and everything since, the GameCube and the Wii both have weaker rumble than either Sony or Xbox. And yes, I realize that the first generation of PS3s didn't have rumble at all, but that's not really the point. The point is that from what I've seen, whatever Sony rips off from Nintendo, it tends to improve on it and make it that much better. Perfecting the concept, in a sense. And yes, they're unoriginal, and no I don't really care.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:24 am
*sigh* You know. I like debating at first, but I really do tire of it after the tenth post in. But, whatever. I feel compelled to reply. So let's do it. If we have to.

Biohazard EXTREME
I never said it has no merit.

You may as well, dude. In fact, nothing Nintendo does has any merit to you. When we're to the point now where you even call the M-rated games on the Wii a ******** gimmick in itself, I'm just done with you. There's no point. It's all a ******** gimmick. Fine. I could sit here and say the customaztion in s**t like LBP and Modnation Racers is a ******** gimmick. I could easily make that ******** argument. But I don't. Because I see its mertis, and I don't just dismiss everything as a ******** gimmick.

Boihazard EXTREME
Was it? Still, I mean, Super Smash Bros is rated T also. Honestly, I don't see T as an extremely mature rating. It's like a PG movie, they're still awesome, but I know plenty of parents who'll let their kids see The Mummy, for example. Or what have you.

Well, it's a not a mature rating. It's a T-rating. I know plenty of parents who take their kids to see R-rated movies. I know plenty of parents who let their kids play all the violent videogames they want. And secondly, I don't care what a game is rated. If I'm interested in a game, I'm interested in a game. Regardless of what it's rated. That's not a deciding factor in my purchases. Maybe it is for you, but not me.

Biohazard EXTREME
I never said that Nintendo goes out of its way to protest adult games. That it tries not to have M-Rated games released. All I'm saying is, it advertises itself as a kiddie platform, overall. Which is exactly why you'd get protests like that in the first place. Because that's how people see Nintendo, and then when something M-Rated and potentially controversial does come along, everyone goes crazy.

Everyone goes crazy regardless. People went crazy over Mortal Kombat. That was on Genesis and SNES. I guess Mortal Kombat's whole blood and Fatality thing was just some stupid gimmick, and there was nothing cool or anything of merit about it at all that anybody should like. People went crazy over GTA games. Those were on PS2. I guess GTA and its whole crime simulator-ness was just another gimmick. ******** gimmicks. Just like any M-rated game on Wii is a gimmick. It's all just sucky gimmick bullshit. Because it's on the kiddy Wii. And anything on the Wii just sucks d**k. Because it's a gimmick. And the PS3 -- just suck its d**k. No matter what it does. Even if it does the same s**t that you'll criticise any other console for. Maybe that's a little harsh, but that's how you come off to me. You can go ahead and tell me I suck Nintendo's d**k, but as much as I bash Sony (when it's due) I also give it its props (when it's due). I don't just take the piss out of EVERYTHING you could possibly bring up.

Biohazard EXTREME
Well, I'm assuming that reason wasn't its incredible surplus of M-Rated violence.
Well, Sony is advertising to the OTHER side of the spectrum now. I don't see why the joke's on me, I don't need it to advertise to me. I already know what I own and what I'll be getting in the future. It's trying to sell more systems, and if it wants to do that by telling people that it's like a Wii with better graphics, if that's what's gonna sell it, why do I care? If it doesn't, then only Sony suffers from that, which, again, how does that affect me?
The PSP breaking was my fault. And I'm pretty sure that if I didn't install the bigger hard drive on my PS3, it wouldn't have overheated and broke either. And it's still useful, it's still my PS2/PS1.

*sigh*... Irony. So Nintendo advertised to the casual spectrum, and pretty much created that new market, so what did I care? I knew why I bought the Wii. And there's a lot of gems on the console. So I really don't care how it sells itself to its new audience, and I really don't care who is buying the EA shovelware mini game compilations for it. It doesn't affect me. Because I don't buy that s**t. The point I'm making is that you are very critical of Nintendo's family-friendliness and and Microsoft's 360 failure rate, but yet you experienced a very similar problem with your PS3. And Sony is also getting into the kiddy s**t and motion controls. Yes, you can choose to ignore that stuff, just like I ignore the Wii shovelware (therefore don't care that it's there), but it's still there. You will criticise the Wii for that same s**t, AND just dismiss any M-rated game it does have as a gimmick when I bring it up, but when Sony does it -- hey, whatever. Don't matter to me. I might even pick up the Move eventually. This is fanboy goggles. This why I don't even wanna bother talking to you about this anymore.

Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, well, at that time, Square's loyalties lied with Sony. And I don't blame them. They spent so much money on the Spirits Within that it almost bankrupted them. And it was Sony who bought out a crapload of their stock and pretty much saved the company. So yeah, I guess as far as Square was concerned, the previous generation they gave to Sony with the exceptions of a few side projects like the Crystal Chronicles series.

Well, that's all well and good. It doesn't change anything, though. The fact was, the PS2 had a monopoly on most all of the big exclusives last gen. Most cases being because Sony paid for that exclusivity. Like the GTA series. Also, because the PS2 was the highest-selling console with the largest userbase, so it made more financial sense to bring your game there. Which is why exclusive s**t like RE4 eventually went to the PS2 as well. Do I blame people for buying a PS2 for all the great games and features it had? ******** no. Not when it had all the great games at least. What choice did anybody have, really? But it didn't start out that way. And by no means should it have killed the Dreamcast when it first launched. Because in terms of games, the Dreamcast was a ten times better system than the PS2 at launch. It even looked better in most cases for ******** sake.

Biohazard EXTREME
And I told you why. Because of Sony's new firmware upgrade which made the old PS3s run hotter and screwed up the Blu-Ray lens. What else was I supposed to say? "******** Sony! Piece of s**t company! I ******** hate them! I'm never buying another Sony product except for a new PS3 and all this other sony stuff!"?
Yes, this one was their fault. And if I didn't already own a bunch of games for it that I consider essentials, I might've traded them in, worked my PS32 until it didn't work anymore and quit gaming altogether... Maybe... But alas, I'm a weak man, and I needs my games.

Oh Jesus. No, I didn't say you had denounce Sony over it. And yes, you did tell me the issue. But that's all you said. That in itself is not being critical. That is just stating the issue. The statement "the 360 has a high failure rate" isn't critical in itself. Obviously it's an issue. There's nothing positive about that statement. But that's not being critical of it. That's simply stating a fact. When you say something like "bad hardware, and bad... well, bad Microsoft". That's being critical of the issue. So if you said something along the lines of... "The new firmware update makes the older PS3 models run hotter, and screws up the Blu-ray drive... well, thanks a lot Sony. Way to support your early adopters who bought your system at the $600 launch price before anyone else would. Way to think this through and cover all your bases" -- that would be a critical statement.

The statement "The DSi adds a camera and online features, but scraps the Gameboy Advance compatablity present in the older models" isn't a critical statement in itself. Saying that the camera is a pointless feature, which I have said here in the past, is a critical statment. And that Nintendo shouldn't have taken the backwards compatabilty out of the newer models is also a critical statement. And if you read a few pages back, I still rip the camera, saying it's a cheap piece of s**t, but mention a fun free downloadable game that I enjoyed that redeemed it somewhat. I do think it's bullshit that Nintendo shits out so many different models of the DS within a few months of each other. I know I'd be pretty pissed and feeling kind of burned if I just went out and bought the DSi, and then Nintendo released the XL just a couple months later.

Now. You just said that Sony was at fault for this, so now you have been critical of them. But before, nothing critical was said of Sony or the issue itself. At least not that I ever recall. You just basically told me what was going on, and that was it. By the way... my PS3 is fine. At least, so far. The only game that ever locks up is Fallout 3, but that's a common issue. And truth be told, I do buy most of my multi-plat games for PS3, because I feel the PS3 is the more reliable console. But that's a first in my entire history with Sony hardware. Both the PS1 and PS2 were cheaply made, shoddy pieces of s**t. A lot like the 360.

Biohazard EXTREME
Well, I wasn't unhappy at the time when I got my slim. It allowed me to play my PS3 games again. And it is a solid machine.

Well, that's great. Kinda like how 360 owners are simply happy to just be able play their games again. Like I said, three year warranty now. Free of charge. So if you like the 360 games enough, you're gonna put up with some bullshit every now and then, like your console bricking on you. I guess they're just weak men who need their games, too. And do you think the PS3 would be nearly as good as it is without 360? Do you think PSN would be anything it is today without Xbox Live? ********. No.

Biohazard EXTREME
It was as close as it gets with PS1 and PS2. As far as the overal console experience is concerned. And even now, you say, "It rips off Nintendo ideas" maybe, but it also improves on them. Nintendo might've brought on the idea of a rumble controller, but their best rumble which was on N64 wasn't as good as Sony's, and everything since, the GameCube and the Wii both have weaker rumble than either Sony or Xbox. And yes, I realize that the first generation of PS3s didn't have rumble at all, but that's not really the point. The point is that from what I've seen, whatever Sony rips off from Nintendo, it tends to improve on it and make it that much better. Perfecting the concept, in a sense. And yes, they're unoriginal, and no I don't really care.

lol, I'm really not gonna argue who has better rumbleness. Both the Gamecube and Wii's rumble work fine. I have no complaints. It doesn't change the fact that it wouldn't HAVE the rumble, to begin with, if Nintendo hadn't pioneered it. I'm not gonna argue that Sony hasn't improved on some Nintendo s**t. I think the better example would be the dual analog. Yes, that was an improvement over the N64 controller, and improved the way that 3D games played. I'd say that is Sony's single greatest contribution to gaming itself. And yes, everyone has dual analog now. It is the standard. Still, it wouldn't have happened if there was no N64 controller. Sony wouldn't have any direction to go in if they couldn't follow Nintendo's footsteps. And they do follow Nintendo. Much more than Nintendo has followed anyone else. That's quite evident. It isn't so much the unoriginality of Sony. It's the fact that Sony just rips all of Nintendo's s**t, and then bashes Nintendo all the while. They've gotten a little better with that lately. Because with s**t like the Move, they just really can't deny. And I think that being in last place for once has humbled them a bit, and so now they're not so arrogant and full of themselves. Sony fanboys, however, still bash Nintendo left and right, but they're all ignorant to the fact that they're still pretty much playing on an SNES pad, with N64 analog and rumble.

Could you imagine what the gaming industry would be like if Nintendo just went out of business or left, like so many Sony fanboys would love to see? It'd probably suck pretty ******** hard. Could you imagine what the gaming industry would be like if if Nintendo was never around to begin with? It probably wouldn't even exist today. At least not console gaming. The PlayStation sure as ******** wouldn't be around. Because Nintendo was the soul reason Sony was ever involved in the gaming industry to begin with. And would it be as good without Sony? No, it wouldn't. But respect is a two-way street. So keep bitching about how Mario Kart Wii sold a bajillion copies and how unjust that is to the world of gaming.

And that's the last I hope to have to say on any of this bullshit.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 802 803 804 805 806 807 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games