Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 806 807 808 809 810 811 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:18 pm
ElenaMason
*gasp* PACTRICK STEWART?! zomg....I love the captain xD he's such a great actor and did a really nice job as Bambi's Father in the sequel-middle prequel to Bambi (which was surprisingly good) and as the king in the game Oblivion. I think he was the king....don't remember, but I love his voice overs aside from being the Captain of the U.S.S.Enterprise.

what? I love Star Trek, but not nearly enough to the point of being a Trekie xP

So I'm assuming you've seen/heard this already? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oUz1v17Uo  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:20 pm
Elena: Yeah, he was the king in the beginning of Oblivion.

I just saw the new Silent Hill trailer. Looks interesting, I can't wait to see what skeletons are in our escaped con's closet.

Bio: lol I saw that years ago on YTMND.  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:24 pm
AngelaAshford
Elena: Yeah, he was the king in the beginning of Oblivion.

I just saw the new Silent Hill trailer. Looks interesting, I can't wait to see what skeletons are in our escaped con's closet.

Bio: lol I saw that years ago on YTMND.
Well, he's a con, that's already a good sign.
I just hope it's not some innocent cop out like in RE0, "Yes, I'm a convict! But I'm innocent. They imprisoned me to hide the truth!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:31 pm
I have a feeling that's how he's going to be actually. xd  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:38 pm
Well, you never know. Afterall, SH2 and even Homecoming has shown us that protagonists don't have to be innocent to be likeable and relatable.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:46 pm
I don't know if I've mentioned it yet but I beat Shattered Memories last week.

I kind of predicted the ending since
The psychiatrist never said your name nor acknowledged your gender. When I noticed that, I thought, "I bet it's really Cheryl in that chair."

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:17 pm
I only realized it as soon as that cinematic started.

EDIT:

So, I'm a little late on the Sony press conference. You'd think the PSN would release the whole thing on Day 1, but nope... Parts 2 and 3 were released last night, so I'm only gonna comment on it NOW.

Part 2: PlayStation Move

Sorcery
Cool. Very awesome. They've got some excellent ideas, that you don't even need Move for. Stuff like creating a wall of fire, using a fire spell, then creating a tornado using a wind spell and have that tornado suck up the fire and become a fiery tornado. That's damn cool!
The 'fidelity' (as if the word isn't overused) of the Move is also very impressive. It really is. But look at the games for it. Look at Sorcery itself. It looks like an awesome tech demo, sure. But as a video game? It's got nothing without Move. It's a generic version of Harry Potter. That's what the disappointing thing about Move is. And yes, I know games like Heavy Rain are getting move support. But here's the thing... I have a feeling that what's gonna happen is, any video game that's truly great, with great production values, great storyline... Basically stuff like Uncharted and Heavy Rain, will get move support as WELL as the normal support. And in cases like that, I'd rather just use the normal controller anyway.
And look at Tiger Woods Move demo... Again, precision? Yes. But man, there must have been like a half a second delay on it. That's a lot. They better fix it.

Heroes on the Move (Working Title)
It actually looks really cool. If it's got a decent storyline, and if it's well implemented, I might actually get Move just for it. But again, see? Here's my whole problem with motion controls is that they might release games that will FORCE me to use them. Games that fall into my essentials. Now, a neat collaboration of Sony platformer heroes is tolerable, pretty cool if you ask me, getting Ratchet, Jak and Sly into one, and having a little fun with some motion controls is alright... But man... If Uncharted 3 implements move, it damn well better give me the option to use the original control scheme as well.

The bundle. I gotta say, this is the dumbest bundle ever.
The PS3 with Motion Controller, PS Eye and that Sports game that comes with it. $399. Seems like a good deal, but it's not.
Look, a brand new PS3 is $299, and the PS Motion Controller, PS Eye and the sports game together is $99. So that would be $398 altogether. Which make is a dollar less than the aforementioned "Bundle". If you buy it separately
Okay, so, I've seen dumber bundles, but it's still pretty dumb.

PSP
Well, first of all, this Marcus campaign. I dunno, I find it mildly entertaining, but I can see how some people can find a little smartass kid quite annoying.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta
So far... Ehh... I love God of War, but so far, I don't see what makes it so much better than Chains of Olympus. Of course, it's got a different storyline, and yes, I will buy it. But as far as sequels go, they haven't shown me how they stepped it up. Now, they haven't really showed very much of it at all, but aside from the fact that I like to have complete sagas of all the series I collect, I see no reason why this particular God of War is a big deal. It looks as awesome as any God of War, sure, but it doesn't make me excited, like every other one did.

Other than that, nothing extremely exciting on the PSP. Not at E3 anyway. The 3rd Birthday... Umm... It LOOKS cool, and if it was a new IP, I'd say, "Hell yes" but as a third installment to the Parasite Eve franchise... Well, it doesn't look like it lives up to what Parasite Eve is about. Go figure, Square-Enix.

PSN
Well, they said that starting July, the Video Delivery service will be in Canada, so yay for me!

LBP2
Very impressive indeed. Like I said, it's still not exactly my type of game, so I probably won't get it... But as far as sequels go... All sequels should be like this. I mean, the amount of new features that have been put into it is amazing. If I ever decide that I want to pick up a "Party MiniGame Collection", I'll probably just get LBP2 instead.

PlayStation Plus
It actually seems like money well spent. I might give it a shot.

EA is showing a lot of love for the PS3 this year with a lot of "Special Editions exclusively for the PS3". Good for them, I guess. But not a single title they mentioned interests me.

Then again, I don't wanna look forward to too much stuff. I'm not made of money afterall. Last year my "Future Essentials" included Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank 9, Brutal Legend, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Heavy Rain and MGS Peace Walker. That's 6 titles between E3 2009 and E3 2010. And none of them disappointed. Mind you, I did get some other games too, but most of those didn't disappoint either.
This year, so far, I'm really hyped for Mortal Kombat and Silent Hill (unfortunately, both set for 2011). And am generally interested in GoW: Shost of Sparta, Castlevania, MGS Rising, remastered Sly collection and Heroes on the Move.
And am interested in looking into Never Dead.
So those 8 releases are gonna go into, I'm guessing Q2 2011, I'd say it's a decent amount... Less than 1 game per month, and that's assuming I'll get them all, which I probably won't. It's affordable.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:03 am
Biohazard EXTREME
ElenaMason
*gasp* PACTRICK STEWART?! zomg....I love the captain xD he's such a great actor and did a really nice job as Bambi's Father in the sequel-middle prequel to Bambi (which was surprisingly good) and as the king in the game Oblivion. I think he was the king....don't remember, but I love his voice overs aside from being the Captain of the U.S.S.Enterprise.

what? I love Star Trek, but not nearly enough to the point of being a Trekie xP

So I'm assuming you've seen/heard this already? ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oUz1v17Uo

oh god, its been forever since ive seen that xD As for the Silent Hill 2 movie..........OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! *takes a moment to gasm to the point of insanity* At first I thought the trailer started out and it was yet again like the first movie, taking the MALE lead role of the game and replacing with a female but when it got further into the trailer I realized "holy s**t its heather!". I understand why they're doing SH 3 as the SH 2 movie instead of the SH 2 game because SH 1 and 3 are the only two games in the series that have a direct link and tie to each other while the other games give "hint" an "nuances" from each other. SH 4 doesn't count in my opinion, but it had a LOT of references from SH 2. What I really love what they did with the trailer though for this SH 2 movie is they took the creepy birthday phone call directly from the game. But from the monsters I saw it seems they're sticking with more of the Sh 2 monsters? Just those creepy a** crawling things. God I hated those xD And FIGURES they never stick the characters in their classic outfits from the games. The Prince of Persia movie did that, but that was his outfit from the 2nd game, not the 1st. But whatever, it looks promising no doubt. I absolutely fell in love with the first SH movie despite some discrepancies. I just really....REALLY hope they have Heather go through the theme park cuz that was just awesome. My favorite part of that being the Borely Haunted Mansion. Amusing as hell.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:17 am
Erm... I hate to pee in yor coffee... But you do realize that's a fanmade trailer... It says so at the end. They probably only just started shooting the actual film now.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:41 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Erm... I hate to pee in yor coffee... But you do realize that's a fanmade trailer... It says so at the end. They probably only just started shooting the actual film now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4cSwlcPdx0 you mean this one? hahah i ALWAYS always turn off the watchamacallits. thats why i didn't see at the end that it was "fanmade"

well hey if thats fanmade, then thats the best piss ive ever tasted in my coffee cuz man, if that was the actual trailer...uck. and yes i totally went there. now that i think about it, i think i know what movie they took those clips from cuz they're starting to look familiar. well then i guess i look forward to the REAL trailer xD whenever THAT comes out >_>  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:52 pm
Well, did you see the one for the new game?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:37 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, did you see the one for the new game?

.....not yet.....*youtube searches*.........*1 minute later* oh hey found a video of the actual conference release. *watches*......

heh...well....honestly? aside from the kick a** graphics I wasn't too excited about it. The music sounded too much of a rendition knock off of the X-Files show and as much as I loved the Sh 1 movie, the fact they keep taking elements of the movie is starting to get annoying...as if they can't come up with their own ideas, they just have to keep taking the movie ideas. i think i need to see another trailer in order to determine a better opinion of it.

I don't know Bio, maybe I'm being silly, is it just me?  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:06 pm
Well, maybe I haven't watched enough X-Files, but that music didn't remind me of the X-Files one bit.

Also, the only thing they took from the movie was the peeling away effect of the otherworld, that's about it. And maybe the way "Silent Hill" is written on the city entrance. But still, that's not nearly as much as in Homecoming, so I figured, it still has a hell of a lot more originality compared to Homecoming, and I still loved Homecoming.

In other news, this has to be the single best T-Shirt I've ever seen:

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:29 pm
So they finally made that a shirt?  

MadamTarantula

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:44 am
feel sorry for the poor b*****d that designed that shirt because unless they have permission from subway, they're going to get sued up the a** for copywrite infringement xD but that is an awesome shirt!

on the SH game....remind me to never watch something completely awesome when im in a shitty mood. its been a bumpy ride for the last year so its....yeah thats all that needs to be said. what am i bitching for? i LOVE the movie affects lol. i watched it again and i must say the cinematic affects are getting better and better for the video game experience. it really puts you IN the position of the main character of your game like you're right behind them or something. thats fantastic. but i hope the music tries to stick more to its usual style because the SH music never fails me in every game it comes out for, even the ones i dont play like Origins. Didn't care to get that one.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 806 807 808 809 810 811 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games