Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply EverGleam
Evergleam Giveaway & Lotto -- Gleam On! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 463 464 465 466 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vote on the future of this guild.
  1. All contests end immediately, all prizes get distributed, and it's all over. No more Guild.
  2. We move back to a Chatterbox-only format, one single Evergleam thread, so there will be more people.
  3. Other choice -- POST ABOUT IT or it'll never be voted on, never happen.
View Results

Ambrai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:36 am
Nudge three hundred and forty-two

112. Under no circumstance will I agree to not develop or employ any particular technology.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:37 am
Nudge three hundred and forty-three

113. If I have a technologically superior foe who is intent on eliminating my whole civilization, and I am offered a means of utterly annihilating this foe for all time, I will use it. heart  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:38 am
Nudge three hundred and forty-four

114. I will install seatbelts in my space vessels, and have pressure suits and pressure locks at regular intervals.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:41 am
Nudge three hundred and forty-five

115. Technology that chronically malfunctions will be removed from my ship.  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:42 am
Nudge three hundred and forty-six

116. To prevent the computer from being reprogrammed by every Tom, d**k and Harry that sneaks on board, its software will be stored in ROM chips that are soldered to the motherboard; RAM will be reserved for data only.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:44 am
Nudge three hundred and forty-seven

117. I will design the greatest possible degree of manual back-up into my space vessels, so that when my on-board computer begins to act strangely, I can power it down via a switch located next to my seat on the bridge, and yet not be left totally helpless.  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:46 am
Nudge three hundred and forty-eight

118. I will not allow anyone to read the technical manuals and blueprints of my ship unless they work in Ops or Engineering and therefore have a need-to-know. All personnel will be properly cleared prior to assignment to Ops or Engineering. The technical manuals and blueprints of a totally fictitious craft will be freely available.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:49 am
Nudge three hundred and forty-nine

119. If my ship's drive or weapons systems require lengthy charge times between uses, I shall research and develop equipment that can handle a heavier duty cycle.  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:51 am
Nudge three hundred and fifty

120. My ship's computer will have a clock rate of at least one megahertz and be programmed in C or assembler so that important calculations take a few milliseconds instead of an hour or so.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:53 am
Nudge three hundred and fifty-one

121. If a member of my crew can perfectly mimic my voice giving the commands to take control of my ship, additional security measures they cannot mimic will be added, such as palmprints or retinal scans.  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:56 am
Nudge three hundred and fifty-two

122. If my ship is constantly being bugged, robbed, invaded, or taken over, I will replace my security officer, no matter how cool a character he is.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:57 am
Nudge three hundred and fifty-three

123. If knowledge of the operating frequency of a ship's system aids in efforts to disable that system, I will employ an arcane development known as "frequency-hopping."  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 am
Nudge three hundred and fifty-four

124. Before letting crewmembers take leave on a planet, I will ensure that they are welcome and that its government recognizes concepts like Rule of Law, Trial by Jury, Presumption of Innocence, and so forth. I will also check out the local laws so that none of my crew ends up on death row for scratching his nose in public or some other stupid thing. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:03 am
Nudge three hundred and fifty-five

125. If one of my crewmembers is unjustly imprisoned and/or condemned, and the officials with whom I speak express a marked disinterest in his actual guilt or innocence, I will not waste time trying to gather exonerating evidence. Instead, I will immediately mount a rescue mission.  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:05 am
Nudge three hundred and fifty-six

126. When beaming into hostile territory I will instruct my transporter chief to beam me into a defensible position, with the landing party facing outwards in a circle. I will have my weapon in my hand (not my pocket) before I beam down.  
EverGleam

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 463 464 465 466 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games