Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 813 814 815 816 817 818 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:31 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I was talking about APB. P3P isn't out til Tuesday. But I still won't get it until like, Friday, since I ordered it on Amazon. But hey, since I pre-ordered I get Junpei's baseball cap!

My husband bought it off of Steam Tuesday night. I've only played like three hours worth so far and it's okay. My character is on the criminal side and I haven't been able to kill anyone yet (I'm still trying to get used to the controls and they gun me down pretty quickly).

I thought it was going to come out later this month. I'm gonna have to see if I can preorder it soon then. I wanted to get the hat for my friend who loves Junpei but doesn't have a PSP (or the money) to preorder the game herself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:19 pm
Oh, it's imminent. Unfortunately I was so excited for it I restarted P3 on my PS2, so I'm like, 1/3 through it now, and when I get the PSP version, I'll have to start over again. sweatdrop  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:32 am
Yeah, not huge into Star Wars, either. The original trilogy is classic, but it pretty much ends there with me. I did, however, love Knights of the Old Republic. It was kinda like Fallout 3, only Star Wars.

Haha. I bought InFamous about a week ago. What I played of it was actually pretty ********' cool, but I'm trying to finish all my other s**t off before I come back to it. Now I see they got it for download on PlayStation Plus or whatever.

All I gotta say about the 360 slim is it's about time they built the wifi into the ********' thing. The wireless adapter for the old models still runs you about $80, and it's still a rip-off. That's why I couldn't get online with my 360 for the longest time, because I couldn't justify spending $100 on a dongle at the game store, when I could buy two videogames instead. But yeah, I hear they've resolved the RROD issue with this one. Apparently. And that's why, Chase and Bio, you both need to get one now and play Deadly Premonition. So I can discuss it with someone.

And yeah, there's nothing coming out for a while that I need to get. Which is good, because now I can catch up on some back catalog. I pre-ordered Last Guardian, and I can't wait for Marvel vs Capcom 3. Deadpool's gonna be in it. Awesome. Kinda disappointed to see RE5 Chris, though. I think the anime-style Chris from the instuction booklet of the original RE would fit the style of the game a lot better. Like Jill in MvC2. Plus, S.T.A.R.S./classic Resident Evil >>>>> B.S.S.A./Gears of Evil.

@ Angela: Oh, no s**t. I remember seeing a preview of that game and some of the artwork, and it looked pretty cool. But that was at least two years ago, and I had since forgotten about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:23 am
Thee Stranger
All I gotta say about the 360 slim is it's about time they built the wifi into the ********' thing. The wireless adapter for the old models still runs you about $80, and it's still a rip-off. That's why I couldn't get online with my 360 for the longest time, because I couldn't justify spending $100 on a dongle at the game store, when I could buy two videogames instead. But yeah, I hear they've resolved the RROD issue with this one. Apparently. And that's why, Chase and Bio, you both need to get one now and play Deadly Premonition. So I can discuss it with someone.
Well, it still costs money. I barely have any to buy GAMES, let alone consoles right now.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:49 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Thee Stranger
Well, it still costs money. I barely have any to buy GAMES, let alone consoles right now.

Well, goddammit!

I'll buy you one for your birthday. Because you need to play this game.

s**t shoulda been multi-plat.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:06 am
*all the lights go out, and a single spotlight flicks on, showing a man with his back turned to the crowd, who turns around as Back in the Saddle starts blaring everywhere*

MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA! *pyrotechnics*

Oh, hi guys. Sorry I up and pulled a Notte, I just had a furkin' crazy month or two. BUT that is over! I've returned! biggrin

*signs autographs and kisses babies' heads* Oh please, there's enough of me to go around. Your mom found that one out last night. cool

Okay, so enough of the egotistical antics... :XP: So omg, how have you all been?!

Stranger: I think they'll buy it soon. I saw it in my coffee this morning... xd He's right. Deadly Premonition's pretty awesome. You can see it's lower production, but it doesn't matter. But I swear to God, if I hear the main character say "Special Agent Francis York Morgan. Just call me York, everybody calls me that." one more time...

Also, another under-the-radar survival horror game to pick up: Cursed Mountain, exclusive to the Wii. It's got elements of Silent Hill... in the Himalayas. biggrin  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:53 am
We're starting a new guild relating to horror, and turning innocent things into horror. You're welcome to climb aboard.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:41 am
Stranger,I agree,I love the classics,but if I have to choose as my fav from episodes 1-3,Episode 1: The Phantom Menace would have to have to be it.

And if you're a fan of the original 4-6,The Force Unleashed is meant to bridge the gap between 3 and 4.So it is mainly aiming towards the last half of the........Sectilogy...And it is a very easy game to pick-up-and-play.It's just a slash-and-hack adventure,with powers and abilities that can be leveled up and such.Almost like God of War,except without all the gore,and there's the fact that The Aprentice isn't from Greece.lol.  

The King of Misery

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:45 am
@ Canas: Hey, HEY! Keep my mom out of this and I'll keep THIS out your mom, alright!?

Haha. Welcome back. And yes! Awesome. You must not be too far into yet, though. I promise he chills out with that whole thing fairly quickly. The game is just so out there. And the story goes from hilarious moments, to batshit insane and disturbing moments, to even kinda touching moments. You have to finish it. I found the story ten times better than Alan Wake's, which opens with the mantra, "EXPLANATIONS ARE FOR PUSSIES!", and then proceeded to be a mediocre take on Stephan Kings Word Processor of the Gods and pissed me off at then end. Really pretty game with good atmosphere, though. But also has a lot of cheap sneak attacks, and it also got kinda repetitive and predictable. It was decent, but I don't think it lived up to its hype.

And Cursed Mountain is also pretty good. Especially the last half when you reach the top of the mountain, and you have to keep track of your oxygen and whatnot. Just be sure to do something that is sort of a lost art in this day and age: Check your manual. A big complaint with the game is that the motion gesture for the thrust move often doesn't register. The game manual explains that you need to hold the Wiimote perpendicular to the floor for the thrust move, and it works 99% of the time.

@ Misery: Aw, dude. Phantom Menace is my least favorite. I hated the kid, I hated Jar Jar, I hated how they scientifically explained the force, when it was always conveyed as a spiritual thing in the originals. And a lot of the political crap with the trade federation and all that s**t just bored me. Pretty much the only thing I really liked about Phantom Menace was Dath Maul and the final lightsaber fight with him. That was awesome. But that was it. I think I actually liked Episode III best. And all I know of the Apprentice is his appearence in Soul Calibur IV (my least favorite SC), and he's SUCH a cheap, broken character. ********' hate him. lol, but I might check Force Unleashed if I see it cheap somewhere. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:24 pm
Thee Stranger
@ Canas: Hey, HEY! Keep my mom out of this and I'll keep THIS out your mom, alright!?

Haha. Welcome back. And yes! Awesome. You must not be too far into yet, though. I promise he chills out with that whole thing fairly quickly. The game is just so out there. And the story goes from hilarious moments, to batshit insane and disturbing moments, to even kinda touching moments. You have to finish it. I found the story ten times better than Alan Wake's, which opens with the mantra, "EXPLANATIONS ARE FOR PUSSIES!", and then proceeded to be a mediocre take on Stephan Kings Word Processor of the Gods and pissed me off at then end. Really pretty game with good atmosphere, though. But also has a lot of cheap sneak attacks, and it also got kinda repetitive and predictable. It was decent, but I don't think it lived up to its hype.

And Cursed Mountain is also pretty good. Especially the last half when you reach the top of the mountain, and you have to keep track of your oxygen and whatnot. Just be sure to do something that is sort of a lost art in this day and age: Check your manual. A big complaint with the game is that the motion gesture for the thrust move often doesn't register. The game manual explains that you need to hold the Wiimote perpendicular to the floor for the thrust move, and it works 99% of the time.

@ Misery: Aw, dude. Phantom Menace is my least favorite. I hated the kid, I hated Jar Jar, I hated how they scientifically explained the force, when it was always conveyed as a spiritual thing in the originals. And a lot of the political crap with the trade federation and all that s**t just bored me. Pretty much the only thing I really liked about Phantom Menace was Dath Maul and the final lightsaber fight with him. That was awesome. But that was it. I think I actually liked Episode III best. And all I know of the Apprentice is his appearence in Soul Calibur IV (my least favorite SC), and he's SUCH a cheap, broken character. ********' hate him. lol, but I might check Force Unleashed if I see it cheap somewhere. xd

hell froze over....another thing i agree with you Stranger xD I hated Phantom Menace SO MUCH TOO! piece of crap. There's a difference between good comedic relief characters for the kids, and bad ones. and Jar Jar was beyond bad. thank god they toned him down in the following to movies to the point where you just didn't really see. shouldn't exist to begin with but whatever.

as for my favorite of the whole series, ep.3 and 6 are my favs. funny how they're both the ending ones of each though lol.

@ Canas....*takes deep breath* CANASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *tackle glomp* welcome back biggrin  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:58 pm
Alright, so a lot has happened.

-I now have a gaming laptop. An Asus G73. I got Steam and the Valve Complete Pack, woo! biggrin And Killing Floor, good game.

Stranger, yeah... haven't gotten very far in either Deadly Premonition or Cursed Mountain 'cause I've been so busy. XD I'm getting to them though!

As for Alan Wake, I thought it lived up to its hype. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it... and the collector's edition extras are just awesome. biggrin I can't wait for the DLC...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:15 pm
Well guys... Went to the Iron Maiden concert last night, where Dream Theater was the opening act. Best damn concert ever. Wow...  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:36 am
@Canas: Who the f*** are you? Waitaminute. *Remembers a time, maybe not so long ago...* Nope. No bell. Haha, jk. Good to see you back. Now keep it that way...Umm, being back, that is.

@TheeStranger: Sorry man. My bank account and I are in agreeance that the Wii and PS3 are expensive enough w/o having to worry about the funding of additional hardware and software.

@Bio: I don't know man. I once went to this Lady Gaga concert, and I'm pretty sure that was the best damn concert ever. (Is totally kidding; don't think less of me haha).  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:08 am
Chase Me To The End
@Bio: I don't know man. I once went to this Lady Gaga concert, and I'm pretty sure that was the best damn concert ever. (Is totally kidding; don't think less of me haha).
You're just lucky that Notte isn't here to see what's in the brackets. She'd probably agree with the original statement.

Seriously though, the concert was amazing. And on the 23rd, I'll be going to see Fear Factory live. What a month!  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:27 pm
@Bio: We didn't have the money to get it, but I put it in my Gamefly que. I think my friend's boyfriend is getting Junpei's hat for her, so everything works out.

@Stranger: Speak of the devil, our 360 got RRoD last night. Is it repairable these days? If not, that's okay since we have another 360 (it just needs to be repaired).

@Canas: Welcome back!!! Do you listen to a lot of music? If so, you may want to check out Audiosurf. It's only $10 on Steam.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 813 814 815 816 817 818 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games