Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 814 815 816 817 818 819 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:43 pm
Angela, it's repairable, if you don't mind voiding whatever warranty you might have.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:23 pm
I think the warranty expired a while back, so no biggie.  

MadamTarantula

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:23 pm
I do in fact listen to a lot of music, Angela. XD So I just might check it out.

Also, whoever has Steam... what's your Steam ID? biggrin

And yeah, you can either repair it by sending it to Microsoft which takes forever... or yourself, which does in fact void the warranty. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:54 pm
Well, mine got sent out today from Amazon, and the delivery estimate isn't for another week. Which is fine, I actually just got Bully for PS2, and it's all kinds of awesome, so far.

Yes, Chase, the school days feel that I love so much, hahah.
So I'll get on that now.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 pm
This should help

It'll take awhile to do, but it should help.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:59 am
Hey Bio, so I finally got Shattered Memories for the PS2. Apparently the release for it was limited so I got a little lucky. It was a used version but was pretty much brand new for the most part. But anyway, I just finished playing through it and on a scale of A to F I give it a B-.

See I thought it was going to be a complete remake of the first one, but it actually ended up having its own story to it with all the familiar characters. Another thing I was disappointed with was that they took out the classic elements. Two big ones being that they only had ONE type of monster which annoyed the hell out of me more than scared me and they took away the classic fog and replaced it with snow? Not only that but like, I was expecting creepiness factor that you can find in the older games like blood and rust everywhere when the atmosphere switches to the horror atmosphere.

I overall very much liked it, although the psychiatrist was kind of an a*****e, and the music was great too, but the other elements they left out just left me disappointed more than satisfied. But still definitely worth a buy. I thought the new implementation of gameplay was very nicely done. And on a first time around of playing the game, I had no idea what to expect so in THAT regard it leaves a mysterious type of creepiness to it. And to give the storyline the benefit of the doubt, what the SH games have always been known for is having its own story and not really supposed to be related to any other SH games in story line, and that's exactly what they did. So anyway that's my review of it. Disappointed, but also loved it.

[edit] In regards to the gameplay, NOW I see where the newest SH game coming out gets its gameplay ideas with the flashlight, but they made it even more cinematic with the graphics and I look very forward to that game coming out. Now I just have to eventually get Homecoming.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:17 am
It's not a remake, it's a reimagining. But still, if you play SH1 and Shattered Memories side by side, you'd be surprised how many similarities there is. He visits the same locations in the same order, and meets the same characters at those locations. The street names, the little things you see, like in Cybil's car, you could see a dog house out the Window, which is a nod to the dog house where you get the key in the first one. Things like that.

EDIT: Wow. So much for waiting a week. Persona came in today! One day delivery! Their shipping quarters must be local. But yey! The Junpei hat kicks a**. It's adjustable. I was worried it wouldn't fit my big head.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 am
Biohazard EXTREME
It's not a remake, it's a reimagining. But still, if you play SH1 and Shattered Memories side by side, you'd be surprised how many similarities there is. He visits the same locations in the same order, and meets the same characters at those locations. The street names, the little things you see, like in Cybil's car, you could see a dog house out the Window, which is a nod to the dog house where you get the key in the first one. Things like that.

EDIT: Wow. So much for waiting a week. Persona came in today! One day delivery! Their shipping quarters must be local. But yey! The Junpei hat kicks a**. It's adjustable. I was worried it wouldn't fit my big head.

re-imagining definitely sounds better than a re-make. but i still liked it nontheless biggrin can't wait for the next one.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:56 am
Well, it's being made by a different team, so who knows what they'll do with it. The characters, so far, seem nice and strong in personality. So let's hope we don't get another Henry, hahah.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:17 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, it's being made by a different team, so who knows what they'll do with it. The characters, so far, seem nice and strong in personality. So let's hope we don't get another Henry, hahah.

well the trailer looked promising for the most part and it seemed to have the SH elements in it from the little we were shown. I could always rent it if nothing else. smile

In other news, guess what guys? I finally got Code Veronica X for the ps2!!! Yeaaaah my first classic bought of the series and 2 steps away from getting the originals I want (and can afford). biggrin I was at the mall for the hell of it and I had forgotten what of the RE series was on the ps2 system so I figured since I had a ps2, might as well ask. So I asked and the store near my house had CVX for ps2 in fairly good condition, nearly mint and with the original box case (without the manual). And only 7 bucks. Definitely look forward to playing it in a bit after I finish my Popsicle biggrin See Stranger? Told you'd I'd eventually get the originals xP  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:43 pm
Well, it's not the best of the classics, but it's definitely a step up from RE4 and the other franchise butchers.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:41 pm
School Days Feel...Sounds like a hypnotic drug.

~

Sorry I'm taking my sweet a** time with my part of the intro construction. I've been busy as of late...I'll get to it soon enough, though, so don't ye fret.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:51 pm
It's okay, I'm slacking too. Actually, I'm gonna lock down the guild right now, and then slowly start getting rid of unneeded topics. Luckily, there's not TOO many.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:27 pm
Elliot Salem
This should help

It'll take awhile to do, but it should help.

Thank you! I'll bookmark it and show it to my husband when he gets home.

@Elena: 'Bout time! I hope you like it. The original on the Dreamcast was my first RE.  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:02 pm
Yeah, see, it's those kinds of inconveniences that keep me from getting a 360. Kept I should say. We'll see how these Slims last in the long run. Then maybe, when I start earning REAL money, I'll get one.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 814 815 816 817 818 819 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games