Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:06 pm
Just bought myself another copy of MGS3. Tomorrow, I'll shall start it...again...again. I shall start it again again, yes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Wait, when did you finish MGS2?  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:34 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Wait, when did you finish MGS2?

Umm, 5 months ago I think?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:56 pm
Why don't I remember you posting about your victory? Hmm...  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:09 pm
Maybe I didn't post my victory? Don't remember myself haha. Anyways, to review quickly, here are my thoughts on MGS2:

-Gripping albeit confusing as hell plot. Most confusing aspects: The whole Liquid posessing Ocelot thingy, and whatever the hell the laleloolalo thingy was.

-Incredibly lame characters, such as Vamp, the gay vampire Jesus.

-Sometimes badass, sometimes laughable presentation.

-Better and more fun gameplay than MGS:TTS.

That's it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:13 pm
Those plot aspects will be explained in MGS4, also there's a MGS encyclopedia available for download on the PSN that doesn't show any MGS4 spoilers until it sees your MGS4 clear data. But it does have MGS3 spoilers, so I suggest you finish that first.

How was gameplay more fun? It was identical.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:47 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Those plot aspects will be explained in MGS4, also there's a MGS encyclopedia available for download on the PSN that doesn't show any MGS4 spoilers until it sees your MGS4 clear data. But it does have MGS3 spoilers, so I suggest you finish that first.

How was gameplay more fun? It was identical.

Playing with Raiden was a lot more fun, what with the air somersaults and swordplay and what not.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:14 pm
Well, alright then. He's still a punkass though.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:32 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, alright then. He's still a punkass though.

In agreeance. Still, air somersaults. So fun. biggrin

I want to play through MGS3 as quickly as possible so I can get to MGS4 already. Out of all the sequels, that's the one I am looking most forward to anyways.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:20 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, it's not the best of the classics, but it's definitely a step up from RE4 and the other franchise butchers.

Well I'm having fun with it so far. Damn zombies. And the classic tank controls are a breeze for me thanks to the SH games. Aww good ol classic horror. Its okay if I end up buying them out of order though because I already know what happens XD.

In regards to the 360 Slim's, as I stated in an earlier post, I'm hoping this is Microsoft's "silent" way of fixing the s**t that goes on the with other 360's. Bio if you end up getting a slim before me, let me know how it goes. My brother is an electronic guru so I might ask him about it as well.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The King of Misery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:16 am
Since nobody here seems to share my interest in gaming selections,I'll take yet another swing in the dark: Is anyone,besides me,a fan of the Zelda DS series.Phantom Hourglass was great,and Spirit Tracks was a bit better.I love them both.Also,is anyone else interested to try out The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword?It looks promising,but at the same time it looks like the first from the Francise to be a step down from the previous Game,excluding hand-held issues.

I think it is suppose to take place sometime around the same era as Majoras Mask.Either that or it's Ocarina of Time,I don't remember.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:37 am
Chase Me To The End
In agreeance. Still, air somersaults. So fun. biggrin

I want to play through MGS3 as quickly as possible so I can get to MGS4 already. Out of all the sequels, that's the one I am looking most forward to anyways.

First of all, you also liked Leon's backflips so... I dunno...

Second, as awesome as MGS4 is, MGS3 is still my overall favorite in the series. Dude, don't rush through it. There's so much awesome stuff in it.

ElenaMason
Well I'm having fun with it so far. Damn zombies. And the classic tank controls are a breeze for me thanks to the SH games. Aww good ol classic horror. Its okay if I end up buying them out of order though because I already know what happens XD.

In regards to the 360 Slim's, as I stated in an earlier post, I'm hoping this is Microsoft's "silent" way of fixing the s**t that goes on the with other 360's. Bio if you end up getting a slim before me, let me know how it goes. My brother is an electronic guru so I might ask him about it as well.

Well, at least this way you're starting with one of the least scary ones and moving your way up.

And I highly doubt I'll get a 360 Slim before you. Like I said, I still have to wait until September to get decent hours, then I gotta spend like $200 on an agency, then I gotta spend I'm guessing around $300 on a keyboard synthesizer, and only then can I start thinking about saving up for a 360. All this while paying off my acting class which is another $300 per month.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:04 am
Here's all I've heard about the Slim so far. Because the hardware failure is caused by overheating, after awhile, you'll get a message to shut it down, or risk system failure. I have to go look through for the article though.
Read this, Slim

Edit: Okay, found an article about it. Also found another article testing the Slim vs the PS3, to see which one would overheat the fastest in a side by side comparison. The Slim won, but they both only ran for about 3 hours, in a closed space. So, they doesn't really mean more, than for 3 hours in a confined space, you can let your Slim idle.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:38 am
Man, they really need to stop dicking around with overheating. Seriously, they should just have an internal thermostat, and if the console is getting dangerously close to overheating, automatic shut down. Maybe you haven't saved in a while or maybe your save data will become corrupted and you have to start over... But it's a hell of a lot better than having your damn console break down.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:54 am
@Bio:

Dude, I like when heroes can flip. Flipping and shi* rocks. That's all.

Well, since the PS2 is at my other place, I really won't be able to rush through it. I think it's going to take anywhere from a month to two to beat. And besides, a MGS game isn't exactly a game you rush through anyways haha.

@TheKingofMisery:

I am a huge Zelda fan, but since I don't plan on purchasing a portable system ever again, I have not had and probably will never have the chance to play the DS iterations.

I'm not interested in trying out Skyward Sword; No, I'm ready to fully undertake that mother fuc*ing quest.

Although the art style is unique, it still reminds me too much of Wind Waker's. It's beautiful, but I prefer the realisticish look, such as Twilight Princess'. At least Link will still be an adult this time, so that's a plus.

The gameplay looks absolutely fantastic. Don't be fooled by the E3 presentation, for everyone who tried the demo said it worked perfectly. And since you get 1:1 control with the sword, I'd say that's a step up in the gameplay department.

All in all, I'm more stoked about this game than I was with TP. And TP is my favorite Zelda game (As well as my all time favorite video game), so that's saying something.

Oh, and seeing as how Link is on a quest to transform the Skyward Sword into the Master Sword, this new game would technically be the first in the timeline.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games