Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 816 817 818 819 820 821 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:25 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Man, they really need to stop dicking around with overheating. Seriously, they should just have an internal thermostat, and if the console is getting dangerously close to overheating, automatic shut down. Maybe you haven't saved in a while or maybe your save data will become corrupted and you have to start over... But it's a hell of a lot better than having your damn console break down.

That's what the Slim is supposed to have. An error message before it automatically shuts down.
They've changed a few things about the Slim, from what I've read. Added cooling vents to the side, instead of just the back. And they used a different heat spreaders that are used to, well help spread heat.
Also, it's no longer the RROD, byt the Red Eye of Death. The green Xbox simple in the middle, where you turn to console on will, well, turn red with it RRoD happen.

The only thing I can say, is wait about 6 months, or at the very least 3 months and hear if anybody has the RRoD on the Slim. That won't be the best judge on whether it happens or not, as some consoles can be faulty, some can be like Gods.
Not to brag much, but my 360 took over 3 and a half years to get it's first RRoD. Granted, it's on a glass shelf, in a completely open space.

Just make sure the console is well ventilated and you shouldn't have an overheating problem, though that can be said for all consoles.

Well, that was longer than I expected.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:33 am
Yeah, but sometimes it isn't an issue of open space, it's just an issue of climate. I mean, look at this damn heat wave. You think keeping something in "open space" will keep it from overheating? Hell no. If it wasn't for AC, I probably wouldn't be using my computer right now, just to be save.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:32 pm
Gone 'til Monday again.

If I get in a few good hours of MGS3, I'll give my initial thoughts on it when I return.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:39 pm
G'ahh. ******** this heat. Nothing above 80 unless I live in Cali where there's no humidity. I'm ********' dyin' here. Speaking of which, the death struck again. Car accident. My best friend's woman is in critical condition, and my other friend's wife and her puppy are dead. So I got at least one funeral to attend so far. Happened on my b-day.

@ Elena: My favorite is Empire. I think this guy put it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6lzEhoXads
And sweet. Code Veronica. Good game, vintage RE. I'm proud of you. xD 3nodding hope you enjoy it.

@ Chase: Hah. Understandable, dude. I just really wish this game was multi-plat. Because if you love Travis Touchdown and the Suda 51-style weirdness, you'll love this game.

@ Angela: Another one bites the dust. That sucks. Least you got a spare, though. Yeah, I really hope they got it right with the Slim. So far so good with my Elite... but it's not in an open space at all. xd It's crammed right into a spot just big enough for it in my entertainment center, right next to my Wii with my Sega Dreamcast chillin' on top of it.

@ Bio: Nice. lol, I just went to a Weird Al show. And it was awesome. And I'm gonna see Matisyahu and Sublime with Rome on the 15th. Probably not Metal enough for you, but I do love me some Fear Factory.

@ King: I very much enjoyed Phantom Hourglass on DS. Still need to play Spirit Tracks, though.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:48 pm
Damn, man, sorry to hear about the car accident. Car accidents are the worst. You're never prepared for them.

Weird Al's cool. I'm not really familiar with the other artists you've mentioned. But I do like me some Hard Rock too. I wouldn't mind seeing Theory of a Dead Man live. I know Canas, that lucky b*****d, is going to see Styx and Cansas this summer.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:50 pm
Hey Stranger, what's the temperature over there? I'm just asking because I live in West Texas. Last summer, 105-110 F was the normal temperature.  

Elliot Salem

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:40 pm
@ Bio: Yeah, it's rough. You're never really prepared for anything like that, though. Plane, car, train; whatever. I just hope my other friend's girl pulls through... I have no idea what her exact condition is, aside from the fact that it's massive head trauma, which is never good. So even if she lives, she might come out of this all quadriplegic or somethin'. Which I'd probably rather be dead, myself. I only saw the SUV, and it doesn't look good. And they got kids. Like, really little ones. So I just hope she comes out of this alive, and... functioning. Then she gets to find out her best friend's dead! It's a wonderful world.

Dude, you've never heard of Sublime? And that's funny. I've seen both Theory of a Dead Man and Styx.

@ Elliot: Hah. It was, like, 95 or something. It's not often that it goes above 85 here in ******** upstate NY. I practically live in Canada, so me and Bio are probably in the same boat, temperature-wise. And I love warm weather, and I hate winter. And it's not so much the heat, it's the damn humidity we get up here that kills me. But yeah, I'm pretty much a big friggin' p***y compared to what you guys get in Texas. I don't even want to imagine what Georgia/Florida's like right now. Down there, it's so hot it's like I can't even sweat. It's like the sweat evaporates off me before I can even sweat it. I'm not sure what's worse. That, or having the snot of my runny nose freezing solid on the top of my lip when it's 30 below. All I know is temperature sucks. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:03 pm
Sublime I've heard of. But I'm still unfamiliar with their music.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:13 pm
I know you've at least heard What I Got or April 29, 1992 at some point in your life.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:15 am
Biohazard EXTREME
ElenaMason
Well I'm having fun with it so far. Damn zombies. And the classic tank controls are a breeze for me thanks to the SH games. Aww good ol classic horror. Its okay if I end up buying them out of order though because I already know what happens XD.

In regards to the 360 Slim's, as I stated in an earlier post, I'm hoping this is Microsoft's "silent" way of fixing the s**t that goes on the with other 360's. Bio if you end up getting a slim before me, let me know how it goes. My brother is an electronic guru so I might ask him about it as well.

Well, at least this way you're starting with one of the least scary ones and moving your way up.

And I highly doubt I'll get a 360 Slim before you. Like I said, I still have to wait until September to get decent hours, then I gotta spend like $200 on an agency, then I gotta spend I'm guessing around $300 on a keyboard synthesizer, and only then can I start thinking about saving up for a 360. All this while paying off my acting class which is another $300 per month.

HAHAH scary? I find the SH games a lot creepier then the RE games ever will be to me and yes I can definitely stand behind that since I have played RE 1 on the gamecube. Not all the way through yet, but enough to get an idea of its gameplay and everything. As for a slim, I'm pretty sure you're going to end up with one before me XD Cuz like I don't graduate from school until in December and who knows how long it'll take before I get my career going let alone saving up enough money to get my own place, get a TV (since I used to have one but had to sell it) and not to mention 300 a month payments just for the student loans. So yeah....360 Slim is going to be pretty low on the list of things until the higher priorities get taken care of.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:23 am
Thee Stranger
I know you've at least heard What I Got or April 29, 1992 at some point in your life.
Well, if I did, I didn't know it.

ElenaMason
HAHAH scary? I find the SH games a lot creepier then the RE games ever will be to me and yes I can definitely stand behind that since I have played RE 1 on the gamecube. Not all the way through yet, but enough to get an idea of its gameplay and everything.
Well, not just least scary. RE1 2 and 3 also have much better storylines and characters than CVX. Honestly, CVX has a few cool things about it, but I wouldn't still be playing it if Richard Waugh didn't voice Wesker.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:30 am
Thee Stranger
Hah. It was, like, 95 or something. It's not often that it goes above 85 here in ******** upstate NY. I practically live in Canada, so me and Bio are probably in the same boat, temperature-wise. And I love warm weather, and I hate winter. And it's not so much the heat, it's the damn humidity we get up here that kills me. But yeah, I'm pretty much a big friggin' p***y compared to what you guys get in Texas. I don't even want to imagine what Georgia/Florida's like right now. Down there, it's so hot it's like I can't even sweat. It's like the sweat evaporates off me before I can even sweat it. I'm not sure what's worse. That, or having the snot of my runny nose freezing solid on the top of my lip when it's 30 below. All I know is temperature sucks. xd

haha oh dude, if you think Texas is bad, try California. I'm actually an old school Texan since I lived near the Dallas area for 12 years in my child hood. Lived in Racine Wisconsin for 2 years, and now I've been in Sacramento, CA for 10 years.

And compared to Texas? CA gets easily up in the 100's to 114 on some cases and we get NO rain during the summer. But yeah...nothing can argue against humidity. I hate humidity with a passion and it makes the heat seem worse than it actually is. I think that's where we Sacramento-ins get lucky with low humidity but high heat. Course then again if you go 100 miles over to San Francisco, the temperature drops about 20-30 degrees because its right off of the bay lol.

Elliot Salem
Here's all I've heard about the Slim so far. Because the hardware failure is caused by overheating, after awhile, you'll get a message to shut it down, or risk system failure. I have to go look through for the article though.
Read this, Slim

Edit: Okay, found an article about it. Also found another article testing the Slim vs the PS3, to see which one would overheat the fastest in a side by side comparison. The Slim won, but they both only ran for about 3 hours, in a closed space. So, they doesn't really mean more, than for 3 hours in a confined space, you can let your Slim idle.

yeah but i NEVER had my 360 in a close up space. It would sit right next to the tv out in the open air on top of a black glass table top. it had "360" degrees amount of air lol. what ended up being an issue was the detachable hard drive itself and not the 360 so i doubt it was any affinity to heat issues.

[edit] i take that back. my 360 had issues RIGHT out of the box and this was the first wave of them when they were first released. so yeah definitely wasn't heat issues. but i kept it because if i fiddled with it enough i could get it to work and it lasted me for about a couple of years or so before it finally crapped out. sent it to Microsoft, fixed whatever and it worked for a little longer but then finally crapped out completely with the hard drive.

so yeah, not the heat. Microsoft just doesn't want to openly admit to bullshit they released. That's why I have a pretty good feeling that's what the slim is for; to cover up the bullshit. as for people leaving their computers, period, in closed places....well that's just stupidity. you can't cure stupidity unless you kill them. And I say computers because the 360 is pretty much a computer with all its components.

[edit] sorry guys. its like...too early for me right now and im jumped everywhere with responses so i deleted a few and now posting all my responses in this one post xD not that it'll probably matter considering how many pages this jumps to.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:27 am
Thee Stranger
@ Bio: Yeah, it's rough. You're never really prepared for anything like that, though. Plane, car, train; whatever. I just hope my other friend's girl pulls through... I have no idea what her exact condition is, aside from the fact that it's massive head trauma, which is never good. So even if she lives, she might come out of this all quadriplegic or somethin'. Which I'd probably rather be dead, myself. I only saw the SUV, and it doesn't look good. And they got kids. Like, really little ones. So I just hope she comes out of this alive, and... functioning. Then she gets to find out her best friend's dead! It's a wonderful world.

Dude, you've never heard of Sublime? And that's funny. I've seen both Theory of a Dead Man and Styx.

@ Elliot: Hah. It was, like, 95 or something. It's not often that it goes above 85 here in ******** upstate NY. I practically live in Canada, so me and Bio are probably in the same boat, temperature-wise. And I love warm weather, and I hate winter. And it's not so much the heat, it's the damn humidity we get up here that kills me. But yeah, I'm pretty much a big friggin' p***y compared to what you guys get in Texas. I don't even want to imagine what Georgia/Florida's like right now. Down there, it's so hot it's like I can't even sweat. It's like the sweat evaporates off me before I can even sweat it. I'm not sure what's worse. That, or having the snot of my runny nose freezing solid on the top of my lip when it's 30 below. All I know is temperature sucks. xd

Stranger, man, West Texas is the p***y s**t. Atleast in Texas. It's a dry heat, still bad, but further down South, places such as San Antonio, and closer to Louisiana, get about 95-105 with a high level of humidity.

You should come down to Texas for Winter, atleast here in West Texas. last year, we had snow one minute, and then the next, it was 79 for the rest of the day! It made little sense.

Either way, no matter where you are, anything with humidity is never good.
For the record, I wouldn't make it in any weather below about 15 F.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:51 am
We actually got some rainfall today. And it's still overcast which is awesome.
And man, if the heat comes back tomorrow, with all this water, we'll have fog equivalent to Silent Hill. I can't wait!  

Biohazard EXTREME

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 816 817 818 819 820 821 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games