Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 817 818 819 820 821 822 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:30 pm
So much text.

To reduce the chances of your consoles overheating, I'd highly recommend a shelf with a lot of vents. I have one that's very similar to this:

Here

Never, EVER put your Triple (PS3) on the floor. I did this and it overheated. Luckily it recovered, because others weren't so lucky. I learned my damn lesson.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:53 pm
I'm assuming you mean a carpeted floor, right? Hardwood should be okay.  

Biohazard EXTREME

The King of Misery

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:23 am
Well Stranger,you'll be in for another great additon once you've played through Spirit Tracks.The funny thing is,all the conditions,and scenarios are almost opposite.For instance,[[don't worry I won't give any spoilers]]obtaining parts for your vehicle.In Phantom Hourglass you can find ship parts in treasure chests,or you can purchase them from Beedle.However,in Spirit Tracks,you have to find treasure and Trade for parts at the trading post.Parts cannot be purchased with Rupees.

You might,however,be pleased to know that the map dungeons with the Phantoms aren't nearly has repetitive and tideous as Phantom Hourglass's Ocean King Temple.Although I wouldn't say one is better than the other.There is just certain differences.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:56 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I'm assuming you mean a carpeted floor, right? Hardwood should be okay.

Yeah. I'm not so sure about a hardwood floor being alright, but I could be wrong.  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:11 pm
Hoo boy! If I was a PS3, I'd be broken by now. A day at the beach, and I'm crispy!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:34 am
Thoughts on MGS3 so far...

But, where do I start?

...How 'bout with the James Bond opening credits.

Yeah, so...That was sort of retarded. Maybe even the most retarded thing I've ever seen in a video game. The openings in the movies are bad enough without Kojima trying to imitate them. But, I guess that's Metal Gear Solid for ya. But in saying that, the series has lost more cred with me than it did when it introduced Mr. gay vampire Jesus into the equation because of that lame opening.

The story is...As solid as a solid game can be (And thankfully not confusing...Yet), but I really like the radio interactions a lot more this time around. Some seriously funny dialogue there. I especially love the conversations between Naked Snake and Para-Medic (Especially when it pertains to the edibility of snakes haha).

Seeing Naked Snake shaping Revolver Ocelot to be the person he is in the previous installments (Or should I say future?) is a wickedly awesome and surreal experience.

Lol at pressing R1 to get a close up on Eva's boobs.

Candyman Err Uhh I mean The Pain was a fun boss fight, and I can't wait to see what the other emotions or whatever have in store for me.

I'll admit, the whole hunting for food to regain stamina and becoming a doctor aspects aren't as much a pain as I'd thought they be, and are sorta cool in their own respects, but still...It doesn't make the experience more rewarding or realistic for me (It's still just a video game, not a simulation), so I'd rather just have the old rations system back so I can just get back to focusing on sneaking around and shi*.

The jungle setting makes the stealth aspect that much more cool and strategic, and I'd love it...If only the game didn't aggravate the flippity fuc* outta me with it's unforgivingness. What I loved about MGS 1 and 2 is that the seperate rooms/locations weren't expansive enough to have to worry about just killing yourself if you get caught. But now, the environments are HUGE! And with sometimes with tons of enemies in each section (At least tons for a MGS game). And I hate, hate, fuc*ing HATE having to go somehwere and hide for literally 3-5 fuc*ing minutes doing nothing 'til it was safe to come out again (When I got caught, that is). I'd rather kill myself, and I usually do, except this time since the environments are huge with a surplus of enemies I wouldn't want to have to waste all my efforts. It's because of this aspect that MGS3 is thus far my least favorite game in the series. A shame. But I am still looking forward to playing more of it, because when the game doesn't irritate me, it is immensely fun.

I love, LOVED that cave section. It was a neato stray from the path, and made me feel more like a survivalist than any other gameplay aspect did (Thus far).

I hate that silencers can wear out now. I love having a shotgun, even if I rarely use it. What's up with those effing frog thingies? Animal threats, such as dogs and crocs, are cool touch. The game looks great. God those people on the radio can effing talk forever...Umm...

Ehh, I guess that's it for now. There's more I could comment on, but I think I said the majority of what I wanted to say, so...Stay tuned lol.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:52 am
I gotta get ready for work, so I can't comment on everything yet, but just a heads up, don't expect the environments to be any smaller in MGS4.

Also, those frog thingies... If you shoot every single one in the game, you get Stealth Camo.

I'll comment on the rest later.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:09 pm
Just got off of work meself. Get to commentin'. wink  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:22 pm
Oh yes, the commenting... Ahem!

Chase Me To The End
Yeah, so...That was sort of retarded. Maybe even the most retarded thing I've ever seen in a video game. The openings in the movies are bad enough without Kojima trying to imitate them. But, I guess that's Metal Gear Solid for ya. But in saying that, the series has lost more cred with me than it did when it introduced Mr. gay vampire Jesus into the equation because of that lame opening.
First of all, what's wrong with you?
Metal Gear has always had a sense of humor. That intro is pretty much sattire. Not to mention Snake Eater is a kick a** song.

Chase Me To The End
The story is...As solid as a solid game can be (And thankfully not confusing...Yet), but I really like the radio interactions a lot more this time around. Some seriously funny dialogue there. I especially love the conversations between Naked Snake and Para-Medic (Especially when it pertains to the edibility of snakes haha).
Dude, almost everything you catch, plants included has a funny conversation linked to it. Don't pass up on them. Also, save often, because those save conversations about movies get pretty hilarious as well.

Chase Me To The End
Seeing Naked Snake shaping Revolver Ocelot to be the person he is in the previous installments (Or should I say future?) is a wickedly awesome and surreal experience.
Yeah, it was pretty iconic.

Chase Me To The End
Well, it is a Japanese game.

Chase Me To The End
I'll admit, the whole hunting for food to regain stamina and becoming a doctor aspects aren't as much a pain as I'd thought they be, and are sorta cool in their own respects, but still...It doesn't make the experience more rewarding or realistic for me (It's still just a video game, not a simulation), so I'd rather just have the old rations system back so I can just get back to focusing on sneaking around and shi*.
Well, there's LF Med for instant health restoration. But ration that, (pun intended) because it doesn't come around very often.

Chase Me To The End
The jungle setting makes the stealth aspect that much more cool and strategic, and I'd love it...If only the game didn't aggravate the flippity fuc* outta me with it's unforgivingness. What I loved about MGS 1 and 2 is that the seperate rooms/locations weren't expansive enough to have to worry about just killing yourself if you get caught. But now, the environments are HUGE! And with sometimes with tons of enemies in each section (At least tons for a MGS game). And I hate, hate, fuc*ing HATE having to go somehwere and hide for literally 3-5 fuc*ing minutes doing nothing 'til it was safe to come out again (When I got caught, that is). I'd rather kill myself, and I usually do, except this time since the environments are huge with a surplus of enemies I wouldn't want to have to waste all my efforts. It's because of this aspect that MGS3 is thus far my least favorite game in the series. A shame. But I am still looking forward to playing more of it, because when the game doesn't irritate me, it is immensely fun.
Well, learn to be patient. Really study the enemy's movements, and make use of the radar. Usually enemies will show up brighter than animals on it.

Least favorite? Again, what's the matter with you?

Chase Me To The End
I hate that silencers can wear out now.
Again, this is something that's there for MGS4 as well, so learn to deal with it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:03 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Oh yes, the commenting... Ahem!

Chase Me To The End
First of all, what's wrong with you?
Metal Gear has always had a sense of humor. That intro is pretty much sattire. Not to mention Snake Eater is a kick a** song.

Chase Me To The End
Dude, almost everything you catch, plants included has a funny conversation linked to it. Don't pass up on them. Also, save often, because those save conversations about movies get pretty hilarious as well.

Chase Me To The End
Yeah, it was pretty iconic.

Chase Me To The End
Well, it is a Japanese game.

Chase Me To The End
Well, there's LF Med for instant health restoration. But ration that, (pun intended) because it doesn't come around very often.

Chase Me To The End
Well, learn to be patient. Really study the enemy's movements, and make use of the radar. Usually enemies will show up brighter than animals on it.

Least favorite? Again, what's the matter with you?

Chase Me To The End
I hate that silencers can wear out now.
Again, this is something that's there for MGS4 as well, so learn to deal with it.

1. I know Metal Gear has a sense of humor, and that the intro was a nod to the fact that the franchise borrows elements from the 007 franchise, but still...Why couldn't they have done a cooler Bond opening such as Live and Let Die or A View to a Kill rather than the gay diva shi*? And Snake Eater is a kick as* song? OBJECTIVE!!! Err, I mean SUBJECTIVE!!!

2. Yeah, I once was saving the game and went to use the bathroom and when I came back Naked Snake, Major Zero, and Para-Medic were having an epic conversation about Bond movies. That took me off gaurd, which is another reason why I love the radio interactions this time around.

3. Oh trust me, there was so much trial and error involved that I got the enemies movements down pat, and am now able to conquer the areas I've been to thus far with ease. But I'd rather not have to learn to be patient and wait to do this shi*. I didn't have to in MGS 1 or 2. Maybe I'll ease up on the game, but at the moment, it's added difficulty took me off gaurd which is why I am still pissed at it lol. Maybe within time...I'll learn to...Love...It...Lol.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Chase Me To The End
1. I know Metal Gear has a sense of humor, and that the intro was a nod to the fact that the franchise borrows elements from the 007 franchise, but still...Why couldn't they have done a cooler Bond opening such as Live and Let Die or A View to a Kill rather than the gay diva shi*? And Snake Eater is a kick as* song? OBJECTIVE!!! Err, I mean SUBJECTIVE!!!
It's a beautiful song. If you don't like it, you need to stop listening to all that techno, it's warped your sense of taste in music.

Tell me something about MGS2. How did you like its ending song?

Chase Me To The End
3. Oh trust me, there was so much trial and error involved that I got the enemies movements down pat, and am now able to conquer the areas I've been to thus far with ease. But I'd rather not have to learn to be patient and wait to do this shi*. I didn't have to in MGS 1 or 2. Maybe I'll ease up on the game, but at the moment, it's added difficulty took me off gaurd which is why I am still pissed at it lol. Maybe within time...I'll learn to...Love...It...Lol.
Umm... Yes... It's more difficult and took you off guard... And that's a bad thing... How?
You should be happy that it caught you off guard and is actually more difficult. One of my favorite parts of the game is when you go into that area with the building and the turrets and the Hind. I usually blow up the hind and the weapon and food rooms.
By the way, I dunno if you know this, but if you detonate the food room with TNT, then in that particular area, and the areas around it, soldiers will be hungry. So you can feed them rotten or poisonous food to kill them that way.
If you blow up the weapons room, then if you get spotted, they'll only have one clip of bullets, and will run out quickly. Keep that in mind when you plan out your battle strategies. Especially in that warehouse with lots of stairs, since you'd have to come back through that area later.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:33 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
It's a beautiful song. If you don't like it, you need to stop listening to all that techno, it's warped your sense of taste in music.

Tell me something about MGS2. How did you like its ending song?

Chase Me To The End
Umm... Yes... It's more difficult and took you off guard... And that's a bad thing... How?
You should be happy that it caught you off guard and is actually more difficult. One of my favorite parts of the game is when you go into that area with the building and the turrets and the Hind. I usually blow up the hind and the weapon and food rooms.
By the way, I dunno if you know this, but if you detonate the food room with TNT, then in that particular area, and the areas around it, soldiers will be hungry. So you can feed them rotten or poisonous food to kill them that way.
If you blow up the weapons room, then if you get spotted, they'll only have one clip of bullets, and will run out quickly. Keep that in mind when you plan out your battle strategies. Especially in that warehouse with lots of stairs, since you'd have to come back through that area later.

My taste in music is better than most people's in the world. But you already knew that. wink

Umm, I don't remember it. That probably tells you something about it right there. Can you give me a link to the song?

It's a bad thing because it threw off my Metal Gear groove that I immensely prefer over the new one. I hate. hate. fuc*ing HATE repeating myself in games, and just as bad is having to wait 3-5 minutes to play the game again. And since the game's added difficutly has me doing both (Repeating and waiting) too frequently, it's pissing me off.

Thanks for the tips. Also, that area with the Hind was my least favorite by far.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:46 pm
Chase Me To The End
My taste in music is better than most people's in the world. But you already knew that. wink

Umm, I don't remember it. That probably tells you something about it right there. Can you give me a link to the song?

Well, I wonder now.
Here's the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m4tYUfYCj4

If you don't like it, then, I dunno... I'd say your tastes aren't very diverse.

Chase Me To The End
It's a bad thing because it threw off my Metal Gear groove that I immensely prefer over the new one. I hate. hate. fuc*ing HATE repeating myself in games, and just as bad is having to wait 3-5 minutes to play the game again. And since the game's added difficutly has me doing both (Repeating and waiting) too frequently, it's pissing me off.
Well, maybe you should've been playing it on Very Easy, so you could have the EZ gun which puts enemies to sleep, and keeps your camo always high, and always silent?

Chase Me To The End
Thanks for the tips. Also, that area with the Hind was my least favorite by far.
One of my most favorite. Man... Next thing you're gonna tell me you think voice overs in Resident Evil are better than in MGS. Is this backwards day?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:04 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End

Well, I wonder now.
Here's the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m4tYUfYCj4

If you don't like it, then, I dunno... I'd say your tastes aren't very diverse.

Chase Me To The End
Well, maybe you should've been playing it on Very Easy, so you could have the EZ gun which puts enemies to sleep, and keeps your camo always high, and always silent?

Chase Me To The End
One of my most favorite. Man... Next thing you're gonna tell me you think voice overs in Resident Evil are better than in MGS. Is this backwards day?

Yeah, I don't like it.

My taste in music isn't diverse. I mean, I like a little bit of everything, but specifically I love the general genres of Rock and Dance (Which include all of it's respective sub-genres). But the great thing is, the most diverse bands of all time are in these two general genres, especially rock (With dance it's the genre of experimental electronica). Such rock bands include Pink Floyd, Dream Theater, and my personal favorite, Nine Inch Nails. Trent Reznor has never repeated himself. Ever (Maybe debateable). I can't even say that about Pink Floyd, so...Yeah.

But yeah, I love. love. LOVE classic rock such as Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rush, The Who, Yes, The Doors, Deep Purple...I could go on forever (easily), but it doesn't matter. Just loving those bands make my taste in music superior to mostly all others, no matter how diverse they be (Cause nothing kicks more as* than classic rock. Nothing. And that's not even debateable, which is the great thing).

Playing it on very easy? Gay. I always play Metal Gear games on Normal. And MGS3's normal difficulty is normal, except the bigger environments and surplus of enemies will undoubtedly be a pain in the a** no matter what skill level I play it on.

It was my least favorite because it was the area that was the most pain in my a**. Understandable I say.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:29 pm
Chase Me To The End
Yeah, I don't like it.

My taste in music isn't diverse. I mean, I like a little bit of everything, but specifically I love the general genres of Rock and Dance (Which include all of it's respective sub-genres). But the great thing is, the most diverse bands of all time are in these two general genres, especially rock (With dance it's the genre of experimental electronica). Such rock bands include Pink Floyd, Dream Theater, and my personal favorite, Nine Inch Nails. Trent Reznor has never repeated himself. Ever (Maybe debateable). I can't even say that about Pink Floyd, so...Yeah.
Well, my two prefered genres are Metal and Rap. But here's the thing, even if I say I like a little bit of everything, I mean I LIKE a little bit of everything. I do listen to Johnny Cash as far as Country goes. I listen to the Andrews Sisters as far as 1940's big band tunes go. I don't really have one prefered Jazz artist, but still, I know a good Jazz tune when I hear it, as is the case of "Can't Say Goodbye To Yesterday".

Point is, yes, Dream Theater is diverse as hell, and Pink Floyd is diverse, but I'm not talking about "Elements of Jazz within Metal" which makes METAL more colorful, or rock or what have you. I'm talking about Jazz. Just Jazz that doesn't NEED distorted guitar. Just to appreciate the beautiful piano, and the saxophone, and the extremely crafted and soulful singer.

Chase Me To The End
But yeah, I love. love. LOVE classic rock such as Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rush, The Who, Yes, The Doors, Deep Purple...I could go on forever (easily), but it doesn't matter. Just loving those bands make my taste in music superior to mostly all others, no matter how diverse they be (Cause nothing kicks more as* than classic rock. Nothing. And that's not even debateable, which is the great thing).
Yes, very debatable, and disagreed. But that's a matter of opinion.

Chase Me To The End
Playing it on very easy? Gay. I always play Metal Gear games on Normal. And MGS3's normal difficulty is normal, except the bigger environments and surplus of enemies will undoubtedly be a pain in the a** no matter what skill level I play it on.
I was trying to be a tad condescending there, to be truthful. In that drill sargeant sort of way, so let me just say it another way.
SUCK IT UP, YOU LITTLE GIRL! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH OR ARE YOU NOT MAN ENOUGH!? YOU WILL PLAY IT ON NORMAL MODE AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 817 818 819 820 821 822 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games