Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 820 821 822 823 824 825 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:05 am
Chase Me To The End
That's f***ing bullshit Bio, that my stance of having a better taste than most people can't hold because I love what the masses love. You seem to keep on forgetting that I'm talking about the masses of the 1960s and 1970s, when they had actual taste. I am a 20 year who goes against the Nickleback/Lady Gaga masses of today, and for that, I have better taste than most people. Because yes, Nickleback/Lady Gaga is s**t. And what I think has gotten you in a sour mood to be able to say my word can't hold is that you might think I'm implying I have better taste than YOU. I don't. You love Dream Theater and enjoy Styx and Kansas and Deep Purple. In my opinion, you have better taste than most too.
Dude, but you think you're in a minority. Believe me, there are a LOT of people out there, a lot of people I went to high school with, whose favorite band was AC/DC. And other stuff like that, that loved old school music and didn't really bother with the top charts. So I don't even know if they're in a minority.

And as much as I do love those older bands, I still think that those that were inspited BY them, and followed, such as Dream Theater, are better. And it's not about being heavier. I love DT's acoustic and softer stuff as much as their heavy stuff. It's about the quality of the music. Definitely not about their sales.

Chase Me To The End
But I'm sorry Bio, you're just gonna have to accept that these bands you consider overrated aren't. You don't sell scores and hundreds of millions of albums by being overrated. You just don't.

Well, then even your "Better tastes logic" is opinion. Because you know what?
Lady Gaga's first CD has sold over 58,000,000 units so far and her new album 22,000,000, so 80,000,000 altogether. And they came out in 2008 and 2009, so it's been only 2 years.
So if sales should be an indicator, then she's one of the greatest artists of all time even at this 2 year mark.
Madonna at 200,000,000, to date. But THOSE people have bad musical tastes, right? They could easily be saying the same thing about you.

Chase Me To The End
I do not like The Beatles or The Rolling Stones. But why do I insist that these bands (Among others, of course) are the best of all time? Because unlike you, I DON'T argue with the album sales and the masses of the 60s and 70s. I believe in popular opinion. You may not see the logic of that, but going against popular opinion makes YOUR opinion inconsequential.
Well, there's plenty of critics out there, whose main forte is classical music. And they'll tell you that all this Rock & Roll stuff is just noise, and isn't real music, and crap like that. And they're experts, right? And they delve in music that's been revered as the world's greatest for hundreds of years. And they're not gonna bother listening to anything new, because they have better tastes. But really, why? Because they're set in their ways, and they don't have an open ear.
And yes, Bach, Mozart and Beethoven are some of the greatest composers and musicians of all time. But quite frankly, I think certain Rock and Metal music can rival that. In terms of complexity, composition, melody, etc., there are metal bands that could easily compare themselves to the greatest composers of all time. And Yes, I do think that Dream Theater is one of them.
And even if you take Symphonic Metal bands like Epica, or Within Temptation. They're as good as any opera I've ever heard, if not better. The only difference is that they make use of different kinds of instruments.

Chase Me To The End
You may say that because of that I don't have my own voice, but I actually love the among other bands such as Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd; and that doesn't mean that just because of that I fall in with the masses and that I don't have my own voice. The "masses" as we so call them isn't just one giant voice that drowns out your own. It's millions of seperate voices in agreeance with eachother. I can have my voice and side with the masses at the same time, dammit.
Well, then so do the masses of today, and if that's the way you think, then you have no right saying that THEY have bad tastes and you have good tastes. It's just a matter of opinion.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:03 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
That's f***ing bullshit Bio, that my stance of having a better taste than most people can't hold because I love what the masses love. You seem to keep on forgetting that I'm talking about the masses of the 1960s and 1970s, when they had actual taste. I am a 20 year who goes against the Nickleback/Lady Gaga masses of today, and for that, I have better taste than most people. Because yes, Nickleback/Lady Gaga is s**t. And what I think has gotten you in a sour mood to be able to say my word can't hold is that you might think I'm implying I have better taste than YOU. I don't. You love Dream Theater and enjoy Styx and Kansas and Deep Purple. In my opinion, you have better taste than most too.
Dude, but you think you're in a minority. Believe me, there are a LOT of people out there, a lot of people I went to high school with, whose favorite band was AC/DC. And other stuff like that, that loved old school music and didn't really bother with the top charts. So I don't even know if they're in a minority.

And as much as I do love those older bands, I still think that those that were inspited BY them, and followed, such as Dream Theater, are better. And it's not about being heavier. I love DT's acoustic and softer stuff as much as their heavy stuff. It's about the quality of the music. Definitely not about their sales.

Chase Me To The End
But I'm sorry Bio, you're just gonna have to accept that these bands you consider overrated aren't. You don't sell scores and hundreds of millions of albums by being overrated. You just don't.

Well, then even your "Better tastes logic" is opinion. Because you know what?
Lady Gaga's first CD has sold over 58,000,000 units so far and her new album 22,000,000, so 80,000,000 altogether. And they came out in 2008 and 2009, so it's been only 2 years.
So if sales should be an indicator, then she's one of the greatest artists of all time even at this 2 year mark.
Madonna at 200,000,000, to date. But THOSE people have bad musical tastes, right? They could easily be saying the same thing about you.

Chase Me To The End
I do not like The Beatles or The Rolling Stones. But why do I insist that these bands (Among others, of course) are the best of all time? Because unlike you, I DON'T argue with the album sales and the masses of the 60s and 70s. I believe in popular opinion. You may not see the logic of that, but going against popular opinion makes YOUR opinion inconsequential.
Well, there's plenty of critics out there, whose main forte is classical music. And they'll tell you that all this Rock & Roll stuff is just noise, and isn't real music, and crap like that. And they're experts, right? And they delve in music that's been revered as the world's greatest for hundreds of years. And they're not gonna bother listening to anything new, because they have better tastes. But really, why? Because they're set in their ways, and they don't have an open ear.
And yes, Bach, Mozart and Beethoven are some of the greatest composers and musicians of all time. But quite frankly, I think certain Rock and Metal music can rival that. In terms of complexity, composition, melody, etc., there are metal bands that could easily compare themselves to the greatest composers of all time. And Yes, I do think that Dream Theater is one of them.
And even if you take Symphonic Metal bands like Epica, or Within Temptation. They're as good as any opera I've ever heard, if not better. The only difference is that they make use of different kinds of instruments.

Chase Me To The End
You may say that because of that I don't have my own voice, but I actually love the among other bands such as Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd; and that doesn't mean that just because of that I fall in with the masses and that I don't have my own voice. The "masses" as we so call them isn't just one giant voice that drowns out your own. It's millions of seperate voices in agreeance with eachother. I can have my voice and side with the masses at the same time, dammit.
Well, then so do the masses of today, and if that's the way you think, then you have no right saying that THEY have bad tastes and you have good tastes. It's just a matter of opinion.

I know I'm in the minority. Believe me, those LOTS of people out there that love classic rock and the likes are still heavily outweighed by the ones who don't, especially in today's musical landscape.

Yes, and since we're going on opinions here, how does one general rock enthusiast determine whether Pink Floyd or Dream Theater, in which he thinks their music is of equal quality, is better? Album sales. You may not think album sales mean didly squat at all, Bio, that they don't speak about the music what-so-ever, but they show just how many people like the music, and in saying that, I have to consider "Hmm, I may not like The Beatles, but their album sales show that they got something I just can't see but a billion others can, so maybe they're are great even if I don't think so, because in the land of practical sense, the opinion of the many outweigh the opinion of the few."

Show me your Lady Gaga research. I did research of my own, and yours vastly differs from mine. p.s. There are at least 100 million more people living in the u.s. today than there were 40 years ago. And there are 4 more billion of people on the planet today than there were in 1960. Not only does she have a population edge, but if my research is right, Lady Gaga doesn't have jack shi* on The Beatles. And if you're research is right, Lady Gaga still doesn't have jack shi* on the Beatles.

Classical musical enthusiasts/critics have no voice in the world of rock, and that works vice-versa, so...I don't know what point you're trying to make compared to what I said that you're responding to...

At one point you said, and I quote "Here's how I see the situation. This was not always the case. The masses very good music tastes back in the 60's and 70's. But slowly starting with 1980's and progressively through the 1990's that went away. In other words, yes, back in the 60's and 70's, all the bands that made truly great music really got the recognition they deserve. But as time went on, the masses started preferring the generic and soulless crap. Like most new wave rock, or Nu Metal, and it's only getting progressively worse." Which means you agree with me that that today's masses have bad taste. And masses with bad taste have the voices that smell of s**t. So it's rather easy to be able to say they do have bad taste and I have good taste, because I am not a part of that massive collective, but the one you described as being good.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:31 am
This should've been moved a long time ago.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:05 pm
I'll get to it tomorrow. 3nodding

What I'm wondering is, Naked Snake seems like a pretty stand out guy from the start, so I'm wondering what corrupts him enough to transition him into Big Boss...If he is corrupted at all...So many questions...When will I get the answers? (A rhetorical question)

I'm must admit: I sorta want to see a remake of the first two metal gear games. I think they can be made the most epic installments of them all.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:14 pm
Well, to be fair MGS3 is only the beginning of his transition into "Big Boss," you'd have to play Portable Ops and particularly Peace Walker in order to fully see that transition.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:29 pm
I just got through watching the first two installments of a dubbed Persona 4 comic. I highly recommend it if you've played the game. It's ******** hilarious!

Part 1
Part 2

Part 3 is coming next week!  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:24 pm
Pretty funny. It works both ways, though. If anyone here hasn't played Persona 4 and is intending to, AVOID! SPOILER ALERT.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:34 pm
More impressions of MGS3...

Ok, maybe I was too hard on it before. While there are still some elements of the gameplay I won't excuse (Such as the ridiculiously long caution time), once I got into my groove, conquering the challenges became less of a bitc*, and also became fun once again. It helped that the sniper rifle made open areas a breeze.

The presentation of the game reminds me a lot of the first Solid game, in that it's story is gripping w/o frying your brain from confusing details overload, so...That also helps make the emotionality of the script more accessible, unlike in MGS2, where I was too busy trying to remember all the plot points to care that Hal's sister died. I think I'm going to retract my earlier statement and say MGS3 is tied for my favorite...For the moment, anyways.

Let's see...

The Fear was a cool boss fight, except he wasn't really that hard. It was easy for me to spot his predator camoflouge, so it only took me a couple of moments to beat him.

The End. Wow.

It may have taken me 50 minutes to beat that old fogey bastar*, but outsmarting him has been one of the most rewarding experiences I ever gained from a videogame. Ever.

The Fury was one hell of a frantic boss fight.

I'm actually stuck on The Sorrow at the moment. While wading throught the river of death and spirits was cool the first time, it just dragged on through subsequent tries. I didn't have the internets available with me at my ma's, so...I'm hoping to beat the game next weekend.

What else...

Lmfao! The vampire dream Snake had in the jail cell was unexpected and awesome as shi*! That's sort of the thing I would expect from a No More Heroes game, 'cept since MGS3 did it first, more kudos to it.

Umm...Guess that's all for now.  

King of Paradise

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:44 pm
The Fury was an aggravating b*****d. At least when I played. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:48 pm
Chase Me To The End
Let's see...

The Fear was a cool boss fight, except he wasn't really that hard. It was easy for me to spot his predator camoflouge, so it only took me a couple of moments to beat him.
He's even easier than that. That camouflage wastes his stamina and he'll get hungry. So if you scatter some dead poison dart frogs and fly agarics, or other poisonous food around, it will cause him damage.

Chase Me To The End
The End. Wow.

It may have taken me 50 minutes to beat that old fogey bastar*, but outsmarting him has been one of the most rewarding experiences I ever gained from a videogame. Ever.

See? It's patience that makes The End so awesome.

Chase Me To The End
I'm actually stuck on The Sorrow at the moment. While wading throught the river of death and spirits was cool the first time, it just dragged on through subsequent tries. I didn't have the internets available with me at my ma's, so...I'm hoping to beat the game next weekend.
Yeah, it's not crystal clear. Just use the Revival Pill at the end of it. Also, keep in mind, you say it dragged. But if you hadn't killed THAT MANY enemies, they wouldn't be there. I usually barely have any enemies to wade through at all. Like, the bosses and two or three soldiers.

Chase Me To The End
Lmfao! The vampire dream Snake had in the jail cell was unexpected and awesome as shi*! That's sort of the thing I would expect from a No More Heroes game, 'cept since MGS3 did it first, more kudos to it.

Oh god... I sincerely hope you called EVERYONE after having that dream, because those conversations rock!

EDIT:
AngelaAshford
Did he make you... Furious?  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:53 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
Let's see...

He's even easier than that. That camouflage wastes his stamina and he'll get hungry. So if you scatter some dead poison dart frogs and fly agarics, or other poisonous food around, it will cause him damage.

Chase Me To The End
The End. Wow.

See? It's patience that makes The End so awesome.

Chase Me To The End
Yeah, it's not crystal clear. Just use the Revival Pill at the end of it.

Chase Me To The End

Oh god... I sincerely hope you called EVERYONE after having that dream, because those conversations rock!

I will admit, I enjoyed being patient with The End. But that's the only time haha.

Spoilerish: I can't use the revival pill. It won't allow me. Is there something I have to do beforehand?

No, I only called Para-Medic, because I figured she would be the only one to respond. Shi*...Well, time to hit up Youtube.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:55 pm
Well, it's arguable, but I'd say Sigint was the best one.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:07 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, it's arguable, but I'd say Sigint was the best one.

Yes, Sigint's response was epic. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:11 pm
Also, umm.. I dunno if it's too late or not... But some other hilarious conversations with Sigint happen when you call him with certain other equipment on. Umm... Some of the more interesting face camo like the "Zombie" and when wearing the Cardboard Box.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:17 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

EDIT:
AngelaAshford
Did he make you... Furious?

Oh HAR HAR HAR.

(lol)  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 820 821 822 823 824 825 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games