Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8229 8230 8231 8232 8233 8234 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:43 am

That thread sounds fine, Chaos.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:47 am

Meta_Fish
That thread sounds fine, Chaos.

Alright, thanks a bunch. Call me renz, torrent or CT, chaos is so unoriginal.

I didn't think I'd ever have so much fun writing. Also one of the rare moments where I use office word. I'll post the captain falcon guide here as a preview to see what you guys think to that point.

Oh yeah, fish. I just want to make sure you see this because I love you and I need your attention.
ChaosTorrent
Meta_Fish
I'm crushing over the film pretty hard. <3

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Al Torrenz

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:58 am

I saw that. My internet crapped out last night, so I couldn't reply. Anyway, I'm off for now.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:00 pm

ChaosTorrent
insanity cheese boy
ChaosTorrent
HEY AGENT WAYNEPANTS.
Think it would be fine if I posted a brawl char guide thread in the main forum? >_>
Wait a second... Are you English?

No, I'm switzerland-ish.

Did I make any major grammar mistakes? My english is purely internet-based.

wait o_o so you can't speak english?

Kagura_Sohma

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:03 pm

Kagura_Sohma
ChaosTorrent
insanity cheese boy
ChaosTorrent
HEY AGENT WAYNEPANTS.
Think it would be fine if I posted a brawl char guide thread in the main forum? >_>
Wait a second... Are you English?

No, I'm switzerland-ish.

Did I make any major grammar mistakes? My english is purely internet-based.

wait o_o so you can't speak english?

I can. o_O

What I'm trying to say is that I never actually took english classes or anything, except for about 15 lessons in some facultative school crap stuff.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:04 pm

Later fish.

Imma get some icecream to boost my writing skills.

Al Torrenz

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:30 pm

PAU
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:48 pm

*Jumps*

*ATTACKSRANDOMBIRDMONSTERSWHOINTERFERE*

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:06 pm

I just finished the falcon character guide for my "Brawl character guides" thread.

Please read it and tell me what you think about it.

Captain Falcon
FALCON PUNCH!!!

End of article.

LOLNO. Serious now. Falcon had two major changes since melee. First: The falcon punch. It’s power varies depending on where it connects. The closer you are, the stronger the impact. Also, you can now tilt the control stick in the opposite direction you’re facing during a falcon punch to turn around and execute it to the other side, a bit slower but also a tad stronger. This has a lot of strategical potential, especially because it makes the attack less predictable. The best way to execute a falcon punch is to jump and then press B. That way, you’re a bit less vulnerable to enemy fire, and with the correct momentum you can fly quite far towards your opponent while charging. Now, this is my favourite part. Run, do a backwards jump out of it, then a reverse falcon punch. The result is a reverse reverse falcon punch. It’s helped me a lot; you’re barely left open, it goes a far distance and if it hits, your opponent will be KOed / sent flying far enough for you to easily go after him and finish it.
But now the second change. IT IS.. The knee. It’s A LOT weaker than it was in melee. Actually, it does 1 more % than it did in melee the first time you use it, but its hitbox now is just ridiculous. You have to be INSIDE the enemy the moment you execute it, and it’s close to impossible to actually connect with an enemy properly (apart from large ones). Your best bet is to use it while your target is on the ground, or trying to get back on the stage. Now, that’s it for the changes. By the way, captain falcon is the only char I will describe the changes like this for. I just found his to be most crucial. Let’s get to the moves.

Neutral A combo: Falcon jabs, jabs again, knees and then does a fast barrage of punches. This has also weakened from melee. The knockback of the knee is worst possible; It’s not enough to do any serious knockback, but just about enough to knock your enemies away from the punch barrage following. Which is bad. The barrage itself pushes enemies away instead of holding them, which also sucks.
Side Tilt: Falcon does a roundhouse kick. Not as great as it sounds. Does 10% damage, comes out quickly but has a bit afterlag. Overall not a bad move, good to rack up damage quickly while the enemy is still on 0%.

Up Tilt: Falcon does a sort of high axe kick. A very nice move in my opinion. It may not come out as fast as the side tilt, but it does 13%, has a great hitbox (hits above you, too) and knockback good enough to make most enemies close to the stage edge with damage of around 100-120% unable of recovering.

Down Tilt: Pretty much the side tilt, but with more afterlag. Good if you quickly want to chuck your enemy in the air but are too far away to grab.

Side Smash: Falcon rams his elbow of justice (name stolen from somewhere) in his opponents face. Very nice attack. It does high of knockback and decent damage, and it isn’t sooo slow either. And you can make it even better. Dash to the opposite side you want to attack, and a nanosecond later, press the C-Stick to the side. Falcon will do a little slide during the startup lag, thus increasing the range of the attack. This is very useful, use it whenever you can, unless you want to charge it up before!

Up Smash:Average damage, average knockback, average speed. Average move? That’s where you’re wrong! This is an awesome move if used right. Dash to the direction you want to attack and then press up on the C-Stick. Falcon will slide during the move, similar to the side smash, but with far greater distance, thus increasing his range massively. This can be done out of running aswell.

Down smash:Falcon kicks the front, then the back. Sadly, there’s no fancy way to make this move better I know of, but it’s still pretty good. The first kick is a little stronger than the second, and the delay from the first makes it just about perfect to hit enemies who rolled behind you to evade the first one.

Neutral Air: Falcon rapidly kicks the air in front of him twice. Average combo potential, nice damage if both kicks connect.

Forward Air:The knee of judgement (name stolen). Explained plentiful in the changes.

Back Air: Falcon launches his arm backwards in the most manly way possible. Very quick move, pretty good knockback too. Use it on enemies trying to return to the stage.

Up Air:Falcon sweeps his legs in the air doing a somersault-like move. This one’s awesome. It’s fast, hits in front, above and a little behind you, and the knockback isn’t bad either. Great for combos or to ward off enemies attacking from above / trying to recover.

Down Air:Falcon kicks below him with both legs. Good damage, good knockback. Spikes if it connects on the feet; if not, the enemy will be launched sideways.

Neutral Special:Falcon’s signature move, the all-powerful falcon punch. Explained in the changes above.

Side Special:Raptor boost. Falcon “boosts” forward. If he encounterns an enemy, he will launch him into air. If he doesn’t, he drops and is left open for a moment. Same as in melee. The aerial version has changed a little though. If you hit an enemy, falcon will do a short hop over him. So basically, if you were recovering and the enemy jumped out to get you and you managed to land it, the enemy would be spiked and you could use the little hop to get back on the stage. It’s risky though, since it doesn’t go too far, and if you miss you’ll fall.

Up Special:Falcon dive. Falcon freezes for a second, then “dives” up to recover. Decent recover, more vertical than horizontal. If you encounter an enemy on the way, falcon will hug him into his crotch, making him explode. Falcon will then do a little flip backwards. If you successfully do this to an enemy, you won’t enter the “unmovable falling”, but instead be able to do another falcon dive or whatever move may be suitable (unless it’s a ground move, cause those can’t be used in the air. K?). This move is also the reason edgehoggers hate falcon. Why? Cause if you use it to grab somebody hanging from an edge on final destination, he will be blown against the wall and then straight downwards. Ownage!

Down Special:Falcon kick. The less famous and second-manliest move in existence. Falcon rushes forward with his foot ahead. Did I mention he’s on fire? It goes pretty far, so far it’s useful to use it on the edge on the stage to get out as far as possible and UpAir the dude trying to recover (I take no responsibility for eventual suicides after this move, these are caused by your incompetence). It has afterlag though, and it goes less far the more enemies you hit during it. In the air, it will cause falcon to charge down in an angle just narrow enough so it’s not suited to recover. This move holds great priority by the way, it can cancel weak smashes and break through most tilts.

Dash attack:Falcon charges forward, ramming the enemy with his shoulders of manliness. Launches the enemy upwards, more knockback than one may expect.

Grabs:Up and forward punches the enemy in the respective direction, backwards makes falcon kick the enemy backwards. My favourite is the down throw though. Falcon throws the enemy to the ground, making him rebound and placing him just where you want him to be to go right after him with a few UpAirs, and if you feel lucky you may aswell try a knee.

Attributes:Falcon is the fastest character in the game, except for sonic of course. He has above jumps and above-average falling speed. He’s also the heaviest mid-weight character.

Hints and stuff: As a captain falcon player, there is one rule you must always follow. If you hit your enemy with a falcon punch, you absolutely MUST taunt. Preferably a down taunt.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:57 pm

eek The first time i have seen Fish's face unmasked!!!

It's bright! The radiance!!!

MY EYES!!!

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:02 pm

TtheHero

MY EYES!!!

Post above you. Read. Comment.

Also, it's not fish's real face. He changed it to fit dr.horrible better.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:14 pm

ChaosTorrent
TtheHero

MY EYES!!!

Post above you. Read. Comment.

Also, it's not fish's real face. He changed it to fit dr.horrible better.

I like it, really I do.

xd I looks a LOT better than a certain Zhou Tai's Brawl Info thread.

This is info that's actually USEFUL.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:24 pm

IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:27 pm

TtheHero
IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!!

Awesome.

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:29 pm

TtheHero
IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!!
XDDD
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8229 8230 8231 8232 8233 8234 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games