Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:40 pm
AngelaAshford
@Bio: Saying there's nothing cheesy in RE2 or 3 is like saying there's nothing cheesy in a Michael Bay movie.
Well, if you consider RE2 and 3 cheesy, then at the time when they came out, pretty much every single video game out there could be considered cheesy, aside from maybe a couple of games that were really well written and acted out such as Syphon Filter and Metal Gear Solid, that could actually be considered serious pieces of fiction. But those were few and far between. Resident Evil 2 and 3 were some of the most well made games of their time that had a serious tone to them. And it wasn't difficult to take them seriously.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:52 pm
@ Chase: I'm jealous of your upcoming week. -_- My life has been so friggin' boring lately. No more bombs; no more fun. And I can't see The Expendables, because they just shut our movie theatre down for reconstruction, and I'm not driving out of town to see it. Unless someone really pumped about it motivated me to make the trip with them, but that's not gonna happen. Meh. I guess I'll have to wait for home video. It really sucks living in a small, shitty town. It's even worse when your small shitty town is right next to the 3rd largest military base in the country. The only options for activity here are: go to the bar, go to the bar, and, oh yeah - go to the bar. And they're all infested with G.I.s, and G.I. wives.

If you really wanna play a slash 'em up game... again, I recommend Red Steel 2, if you ever get the chance. It's probably dirt-cheap by now. Anyway, yeah, the part-time jobs are all retro 8 bit now. And yeah, the hack-and-slash is still the meat of the experience, but the part-time jobs are actually fun distractions now as opposed to mostly tedious chores to get to the good stuff.

@ Angela: Happy belated birthday. 3nodding

And I would have to agree that Resident Evil has always been cheesy since its inception. The only one I wouldn't really consider cheesy is REmake. It still has a little cheesiness to it, but definitely the least of the series, while the original is probably the most cheesy, and it's still my favorite.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:37 pm
Thee Stranger
And I would have to agree that Resident Evil has always been cheesy since its inception. The only one I wouldn't really consider cheesy is REmake. It still has a little cheesiness to it, but definitely the least of the series, while the original is probably the most cheesy, and it's still my favorite.
Well, when RE2 first came out, I don't remember playing it and thinking, "Man, this is cheesy," at any point. Same with RE3.

Cheesy is a stupid word though. I've heard it used to describe many very different qualities, which could be replaced with more better descriptive words. And unless you're actually watching it, and are saying, "That's cheesy", to describe it in passing by saying, "That movie's cheesy" or "That game is cheesy," is really not enough for me to know what exact aspect people are talking about.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:51 pm
@Angela: Yes, happy belated birthday wishes! (It's the thought that counts lol)

@TheeStranger: Come to Chicago, I show you good time. (By that I mean I'll buy you some cheap but clean hookers ( lol ) to cheer you up)

@Bio: Am I supposed to remind you of something today? Or was it tomorrow...Too lazy to go look back lol.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:05 pm
Yes, it is tomorrow. But I dunno if I'll have time. Teaching little kids every morning, working on my scene for Saturday... But umm... If I don't have to teach Summer Camp next week, then it's getting done for sure.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:39 am
Today, or I should say yesterday = Legendary.  

King of Paradise

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:24 am
This place is dead.

So is my PS2.

Oh well.

At least it served me well for nearly two years. And it also had the courtesy to die at a conveniant time: MGS3 pretty much wrapped up all that I wanted to play on the PS2.

I mean, there were a couple of other games I would have liked to try, such as FFX-2 or Tales of the Abyss, but I can live w/o playing them, so all's well that ends well.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:58 am
Apparently everyone else became the shambling undead versions of their former selves and can't be bothered to visit us online. LOL.  

Tyr525

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:18 pm
*lurks* Raugh!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:08 pm
Braaaaaaaaaains!  

King of Paradise

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:39 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:43 pm
So. How about them... Sports teams winning against... Them other sports teams?  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:22 pm
http://ensign.ytmnd.com/  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:40 pm
I joined a boxing club. I wanna break people's noses and shatter people's jaws. Of course, someone will probably do that to me before I do it to anyone else. But yeah, that's pretty much it here on this end.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:00 pm
Just remember. When you get in the ring, be sure to say, "I will break you," with a Russian accent.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games