Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
The Cult Cast! Episodes doowwn! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CC18! Poll courtesy of David again.
  Yeah but it was a stripped down GAY version
  You have just caged yourself… with your own words.
  No, that’s cause I don’t wanna play Mario Party
  MMM, I’m about to infiltrate this giant field of dicks!
  I don’t wanna be hard on it, and I’m kinda just playing Devil’s Advocate here but it… kinda looks like s**t, kinda looks like a boring shitty game!
  The new tracks are being developed by RARE!
  It’s not flying, it’s falling with style
  I worry about Mario.
  Man… I don’t get 3D… how does it work?
  Can’t say anything! Trenn wins!
View Results

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:24 am
I definitely disagree about the music; listen to how catchy this is, for example), and I would have mentioned the shitty bonus stages and puny "final" boss, but other than that I am satisfied. Still like it though. razz

Also you mean the barrel in the Carnival Night Zone. That was in Sonic 3. >>;

ANYWAY CULT CAST. I liked it  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:55 pm
Meta_Fish
I think that was about the era that Sonic Team started being good at making cutscenes and stopped being good at making games.
You know that Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles both came after Sonic CD, right? I'm not sure if CD or 2 came out first in japan, but I think CD was actually the second game to go into development, if it wasn't it was developed in parallel with the second anyway, by the half of Sonic Team that went over to the US.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:00 pm
Jaycorn
I definitely disagree about the music; listen to how catchy this is, for example), and I would have mentioned the shitty bonus stages and puny "final" boss, but other than that I am satisfied. Still like it though. razz

Also you mean the barrel in the Carnival Night Zone. That was in Sonic 3. >>;

ANYWAY CULT CAST. I liked it
I just don't find that song very catchy. Not as much as I would songs in the other games. It wasn't terrible, but it's probably my least favorite 2D Sonic game.

[Kegan]
Meta_Fish
I think that was about the era that Sonic Team started being good at making cutscenes and stopped being good at making games.
You know that Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles both came after Sonic CD, right? I'm not sure if CD or 2 came out first in japan, but I think CD was actually the second game to go into development, if it wasn't it was developed in parallel with the second anyway, by the half of Sonic Team that went over to the US.
Well then it was their first taste at sucking.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:55 pm
Yeah, playing it for the first time on your Gamecube and expecting it to be like the Genesis ones, anyone'd be automatically biased. It isn't one of the classics, but it's still not a bad game, even if it does have some flaws (as most other games back then had in excess). There's no way you would feel the same way about it if you had played it as a kid on your ghetto 90s PC. This game was for Sega CD, of all platforms! You can't expect too much, looking back. It was really awesome back then, and it's still not bad.

You're comparing its soundtrack to some games that had arguably the best music ever written for something on a 16-bit platform. Hell, one of the greatest musicians in history had a hand in writing that which you're judging it against. Listening to it now, you can't really complain about it. Admittedly, though, it is pretty weird that they had a whole new soundtrack composed for the American version when the Japanese one was fine as it was.

Also, don't forget about the Master System and Game Gear Sonics, while we're on the subject of the timeline. I find them a lot less fun than CD, personally.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:08 am
Jaycorn
Yeah, playing it for the first time on your Gamecube and expecting it to be like the Genesis ones, anyone'd be automatically biased. It isn't one of the classics, but it's still not a bad game, even if it does have some flaws (as most other games back then had in excess). There's no way you would feel the same way about it if you had played it as a kid on your ghetto 90s PC. This game was for Sega CD, of all platforms! You can't expect too much, looking back. It was really awesome back then, and it's still not bad.
Wasn't the Sega CD a more capable platform than the Genesis, though? And I DID have it on the PC in the 90s; I got a Sonic 3-Pack with Sonic R, CD and I think, Sonic 3. I guess it just doesn't hold up like the other games do, which is why I don't like it much. It might have been fun and awesome then for all the cool stuff it did, but it isn't now. And another thing: The map/loading screen is awful. It looks like someone made it in Kid Pix. http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_systems/soniccd/sheet/25625 GAWD

Jaycorn
You're comparing its soundtrack to some games that had arguably the best music ever written for something on a 16-bit platform. Hell, one of the greatest musicians in history had a hand in writing that which you're judging it against. Listening to it now, you can't really complain about it. Admittedly, though, it is pretty weird that they had a whole new soundtrack composed for the American version when the Japanese one was fine as it was.

Also, don't forget about the Master System and Game Gear Sonics, while we're on the subject of the timeline. I find them a lot less fun than CD, personally.
I'm comparing a Sonic game's soundtrack to that of other Sonic games. I'm saying that it's a bad soundtrack for a Sonic game, and it is!

We don't even talk about those ones.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:30 am
Well I think the soundtrack is awesome. It's catchy as ********, and it's so unique from the other games! and it's got weird... vocal stuff... yea s**t's awesome.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:17 pm
Meta_Fish

Jaycorn

I'm comparing a Sonic game's soundtrack to that of other Sonic games. I'm saying that it's a bad soundtrack for a Sonic game, and it is!

We don't even talk about those ones.
if its worth tawkin aboooowwwt, its that bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:12 am
Mailbag Submission

As you guys know, I sometimes listen to the show as I'm getting ready for bed, because I am a crazy person. Something about your soft tones just makes me feel... safe. Would you please sing me to sleep? Preferably Seperate Ways (Worlds Apart) plz.

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:12 pm
The Eleventh AK
Mailbag Submission

As you guys know, I sometimes listen to the show as I'm getting ready for bed, because I am a crazy person. Something about your soft tones just makes me feel... safe. Would you please sing me to sleep? Preferably Seperate Ways (Worlds Apart) plz.
This is seriously the greatest suggestion ever.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:46 pm
Nomega
The Eleventh AK
Mailbag Submission

agreed, i will listen to this when it comes out before bed too if you guys do it.  

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:20 pm
HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO MEEEEEEEE? I MADE SOME MISTAAAAKES...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:47 pm
Xilo The Odd
Nomega
The Eleventh AK
Mailbag Submission

agreed, i will listen to this when it comes out before bed too if you guys do it.

they should make it a tradition  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:04 pm
Shut off.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:16 pm
Break down.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Trenn Flashkill