Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel Eclipse

Back to Guilds

A unique role playing community! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Adventure, Angel, Eclipse 

Reply Role Playing [Verspya]
Talking while you role play Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 847 848 849 850 851 852 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:26 pm
Right, because violence and apathy could never happen in Canada....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:31 pm
Probably in Toronto, but not here. The only violence and apathy that goes on here(WAY too much) is animal abuse. Anyone who has a gun here usually either uses it for moose hunting or uses it on themselves. In the past five years there was only one reported murder in this area of the province. Any other deaths were accidental, like ATV incidents or accidental drug overdose. And that helicopter crash that killed seven people last year.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:33 pm
i like how you just throw that last one in there ukyo.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:37 pm
That was an old chopper that had very faulty sensors and such. I think the guy who flew it was American. There were two Canadians on it at the time, everyone else was from America. They were going to one of the oil rigs to inspect something and they crashed into the ocean on the way back. Only one person survived. That was an insane day here in St. John's.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:38 pm
But thats the thing. You are comparing a province with around half a million people to a country with over 300 million people. Of course there is going to be more incidents of violent crime like that. There are parts of the US that have crime rates similar to Newfoundland, but there are parts of the country that are ridden with a lot of violent crime. But in any country there are going to be places like that. It just isn't accurate to base an entire country on certain bad areas.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:42 pm
Ya! It's very nice where im from! we only have two or three beatings like that a day! no, just joking. but its true, the majority of the US isnt like that.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Sexy Pudgy Pinkie Pie

Desirable Bachelorette

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:45 pm
Yah Ukyo. And Schenectady is worse than NYC.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:48 pm
Fanatic...More than 20 people walked past a corpse and didn't even bother to...I don't know...call for help maybe? Wouldn't getting help be something anyone with sense would do? Would you leave a man to bleed to death like that? That sounds unbelievable. I wouldn't have believed it if they didn't actually have video proof.
And really, since the majority of those 300 mil live in the cities...  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:51 pm
I'm not saying it wasn't a terrible thing. I'm saying you're faulting an entire country based on those 20 people, which doesn't make sense. And I'm also saying that it's not just people in America who would do that.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:54 pm
Okay lets' put it this way: What are the odds that out of 20+ people, all 20+ of them are complete asses?  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:00 pm
in the city? High.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:00 pm
So you are basing your opinion on all of America on those 20 people. If you are going to be that closed minded, then there's obviously nothing I can say to try and get you to look at this objectively, I would just be wasting my time.
But I will say that the United States and Canada have comparable violent crime rates.  

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:08 pm
It's kind of hard not to. I would actually understand if one or two people did that, not more than twenty. And it's not like this didn't happen anywhere else either. They showed various places(some of them not major cities and not on the East coast) where this kind of thing happened. It's scary just thinking about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:24 pm
Ucchan...
I've lived in Kennedale Texas since I was 6. I'm 20 now, for a time line. In that time the most we ever got put in the news for was when there was a Parent who cussed out a teacher at a Football game, and the fire that burned up the Theater teacher's house. (That was because he had a Shakespeare Original) I can't think of any Murders/major thefts/attacks/Major crimes we've had in that time...
NYC is filled with a** holes. My dad went there for a meeting and held the door open for a woman. She purposefully walked through the other door. My dad was just being polite and she changed the direction she was walking so she didn't have to walk past him. STRANGE!!!  

Hiraru Sagara

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:45 pm
Yeah, but your Dad wasn't lying on the ground bleeding to death when she did that.
There was another report about someone(forgets which US city) who was shot to death in a gas station and the person who did it went and got some gas or something and paid for it(in the SAME place) and drove off. Not even once was he stopped.
And yet another report of someone who was killed or severely injured(I forget) in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET and people practically drove OVER him.  
Role Playing [Verspya]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 847 848 849 850 851 852 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games