Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel Eclipse

Back to Guilds

A unique role playing community! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Adventure, Angel, Eclipse 

Reply Role Playing [Verspya]
Talking while you role play Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 848 849 850 851 852 853 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KelpMonger
Crew

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.All Hail the Reign of the Ostriches!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Let it hereby be announced that:
I'mma gonna stick with Fanatic's position on this one.
Nothing that we can say will change your mind, obviously, so why are we trying?
What's the point in talking to someone who thinks we all will be horrible people by the time we're finished living our lives in this supposedly God-forsaken country?

I personally and far from a patriot, but you're harsh judging of an entire country is just awful. Perhaps the worst thing I've heard a friend say when they weren't joking.

...that is all

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:52 pm
On an abrupt change of subject, My a*****e, freeloading, chickenshit cousin has abandoned ship (My house) for some reason. he, without telling anyone, though i figured it out the other day, packed his gear up out of our room, under explanation of "Cleaning" Took his large stereo, claiming he was gonna jam with the guys that weekend, which he wasnt, and did not come back today, under claim that he was going to an interview. ya. he jumped ship.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:57 pm
pyroknight1
On an abrupt change of subject, My a*****e, freeloading, chickenshit cousin has abandoned ship (My house) for some reason. he, without telling anyone, though i figured it out the other day, packed his gear up out of our room, under explanation of "Cleaning" Took his large stereo, claiming he was gonna jam with the guys that weekend, which he wasnt, and did not come back today, under claim that he was going to an interview. ya. he jumped ship.

@ Estu: We just get our news differently, WITHOUT the sugar coating.

And yeah, your cousin's a jerk. If he was a freeloader, then why did you even put up with him in the first place?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.All Hail the Reign of the Ostriches!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I don't watch the news, so your point is moot and rather unrelated to mine in the first place.

...that is all

KelpMonger
Crew

Friendly Friend

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:59 pm
Cause my mom is too generous a person, and was giving him a chance to continue his schooling outside of the influence of his every bigger a*****e dad, and abusive step mom. we thought they were the problem. we were wrong. and for the record, i went after him one day. my mom stopped me.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:03 pm
I feel the need to point out that the media is out to sell. Nice things don't sell. Problems, horror stories, horrible things, those sell. If you just go by what the media says, hell yeah, America's going to sound like it's the most dangerous place on earth, But in reality... It's not nearly that bad.  

Hiraru Sagara

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:04 pm
Besides, do you watch American news networks, Ukyo?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:11 pm
@Pyro: Well, there's really nothing much more you can do. You guys made a mistake and that's all. Let the guy do whatever the hell he wants now. I know that's what I did concerning my bro. He can drop off the face of the planet and I'll only miss him because he pays half the rent.

And Hiraru, most of the news we get from America is usually sugarcoated with crap. But if it's a Canadian broadcast or something we usually get more of the story, probably a lot more than we ever want. I spoke with people(who live in the States) that have seen the Canadian news and they are usually very surprised at the detail.
That and about 50% of the media now is focused on scandals and such which is not news. That drives me nuts.
And yes Fanatic, we get CNN, which is not that wonderful. CBC covers the same things CNN does only it actually gives it to us straight. And it doesn't focus on something for two weeks; preferring to tell us what's going on in the rest of the world as well.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:15 pm
well, who watches CNN? That wasn't even one of the ones I was thinking of. No wonder you think all our news is crap if all you see is CNN.  
So are you saying what I said was wrong? Or are you agreeing with me?  

Hiraru Sagara

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

KelpMonger
Crew

Friendly Friend

Now we're talking about new networks and what's decent?

The relevance is slipping...

I'm going to bed soon.
I can't stand this ridiculous war on nationality much longer...

...that is all

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:16 pm
Estu's right. I should stop and go back to my original plan.  

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:31 pm
well, I'm going to bed.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:33 pm
Also, I only consider myself Canadian just because of what government papers say I am. I am truly a supporter of the Republic of Newfoundland. So we get news from America, Canada, and Newfoundland. Newfoundland usually covers local news with a little bit of highlights from everywhere else. I mean, you guys don't give a s**t about our destroyed fishing industry. Quite frankly I don't either. Which is why I didn't mention that one until now. But it's irrelevant so moving right along...
I was talking about news networks and which ones actually show news. We have other American news shows, I just don't watch them. CNN is bad enough.
Hiraru, what sells around here is not gore. It's usually hope stories. Something bad happens yet something is being done so that it doesn't happen again(not that it works all the time). But the reality is that there are not many of these hope stories. So they go to the next best thing. Which is usually something on the lines of shootings, war, suicides, etc. As long as it's true and not something fabricated out of nothing.
I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if that same news report I saw today was being told without the whole homeless man dead and people ignoring it part. I mean, if you take that out completely it would simply be 'girl was beaten nearly to death but she valiantly escaped'.
But I digress, and obviously you guys have been blinded so I'm just talking to a wall here.

btw, mainland Canada can be just as bad as the US, because a good part of Canada(including St. John's unfortunately) is heavily influenced by them. That and television/movies.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:36 pm
im tired of this argument. im bored...  
Role Playing [Verspya]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 848 849 850 851 852 853 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games