Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8650 8651 8652 8653 8654 8655 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:59 pm

TtheHero
And apparently, the episode where James "got implants"?

Apparently, he was wearing a suit with cleavage...

so sayeth Wikipedia...

they banned 7 pokemon episodes... one because a gun was pointed at Ash several times... it aired originally the first time then taken off.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:01 pm

All I have to say about this 4kids non-sense is honestly who gives a s**t? If they want to ruin an anime let them it's not like you're being forced by gun point to watch it.

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Radio Jas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:01 pm

TtheHero

so sayeth Wikipedia...

Ah yes, the censored Pokemon episodes. I can understand why they didn't re-air the episode that gave all those kids seizures and just take out the flashy part, but there's an episode that didn't air here because there were guns in it. GUNS, OH MY GOD. The clip in the opening where Ash is riding a Dragonair comes from that episode, I think. A vital piece of our childhood is missing.

Edit: Oh, it did air one time. I didn't see it, though. Also, Jynx episodes are censored because of the whole blackface thing. I didn't associate Jynx with black people or racism AT ALL until I heard about that.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:04 pm

Zephyrkitty
TtheHero

so sayeth Wikipedia...

Completely random, but I thought you'd want to know that Gurren Lagann is on in a minute.

I missed out on a good bit of it (Wan's sure which day it came on regularly). Now it's up to the episode after the lol-tastic hot spring scene!

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

OHM MY GAWD YOU GAUZZZZ

im 11 yrs old an veri vry sexi. hoo wuntz 2 cyber?

PAU BLOCK

Radio Jas

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:05 pm

Kuzodav
OHM MY GAWD YOU GAUZZZZ

im 11 yrs old an veri vry sexi. hoo wuntz 2 cyber?

A CYBERER!

KILL IT WITH FIRE!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:05 pm

PAAAUUUU

Miss Bunns

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:07 pm

PAU-Hammer!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:07 pm

Radio Jas
TtheHero

so sayeth Wikipedia...

Ah yes, the censored Pokemon episodes. I can understand why they didn't re-air the episode that gave all those kids seizures and just take out the flashy part, but there's an episode that didn't air here because there were guns in it. GUNS, OH MY GOD. The clip in the opening where Ash is riding a Dragonair comes from that episode, I think. A vital piece of our childhood is missing.

Edit: Oh, it did air one time. I didn't see it, though. Also, Jynx episodes are censored because of the whole blackface thing. I didn't associate Jynx with black people or racism AT ALL until I heard about that.

Funny thing: one of the Eps, had a guy holding a gun in it anyway (Though it wasn't pointed at anyone)

Wonder why they chose not to censor THAT?

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:08 pm

TtheHero
Radio Jas
TtheHero

so sayeth Wikipedia...

Funny thing: one of the Eps, had a guy holding a gun in it anyway (Though it wasn't pointed at anyone)

Wonder why they chose not to censor THAT?

because it was not pointed AT someone, they think that because kids see a gun pointed at someone that they are gonna do it 2... just like the ERSB rating system thinks and Jack Thompson
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:09 pm

xd Ron's English voice in TTGL, makes him sound even gayer than he already is!

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:11 pm

Regulust
All I have to say about this 4kids non-sense is honestly who gives a s**t? If they want to ruin an anime let them it's not like you're being forced by gun point to watch it.

True, but for those of us who have read the original manga, it really hurts when they bring the anime over to America and 4Kids bastardizes it.

Also to answer you're question:
Quote:
...honestly who gives a s**t?

Apparently, a whole bunch of people talking about them right now on this thread and countless other people I've talked to about this. Saying "who gives a s**t?" is pretty ignorant.

I'm sorry, no offense, but when someone says something along the lines of "nobody cares," I don't really like that and I feel the need to correct it. Sorry...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:11 pm

Night culties, its midnight and im tired

Cattra Nightblade

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:12 pm

Regulust

Personally, I'm a big Cardcaptor Sakura fan. That said, it's ten years after the heavily edited Cardcaptors was shown on TV, and I STILL meet fans who aren't aware of the edits. Talking with people when they go buy an entirely different canon is extremely aggravating, to say the least. I'd assume fans of books with badly-made movie adaptations have similar feelings.

There's also the fact that there's no uncut version for people who prefer it that way. I wouldn't care so much if an edited version was on TV and an uncut version was released on DVD - I can still buy the show and support it that way - but 4Kids doesn't give that option with their releases.

That's my two cents, at least.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8650 8651 8652 8653 8654 8655 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games